Start by marking “Somebody” as Want to Read:
Somebody

Somebody

What if your soul mate...was a person you never noticed?

About the story...

Aubrey Price never lies to herself. She recognizes that the man she's been in love with for years is steadily working his way through all the available women within fifty miles. Being a witness to his antics makes it all a little too real and she wonders how awkward her life is about to become.

Ell
Published July 3rd 2012 by What Shayne Wants

To ask other readers questions about Somebody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somebody

Start your review of Somebody
Lindsay
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-2017, 2017
Her books just keep getting better!

I loved this story. I loved Aubrey and Elliot. My heart broke for Aubrey and losing her father but I loved how the McAllister family rallied around her, wanting to help her and be there for her.

This is probably the first book I’ve read by the author where none of the main characters had a horrible past. It was a nice little difference. I loved that Aubrey loved Elliot so much, that she planned her future to be able to stay near him while still getting the col
Mel Bedford
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story of Aubrey and Elliott. It was cute and sweet. I also loved Aubrey, especially when she was working and all powerful! Shayne's heroines are always women that a female reader can aspire to be. I love the sense of empowerment I feel after reading one of her books. The last line of the book was also my absolute favorite!
Ginnie
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very wonderful surprise with this story. Has everything I love. Love from afar, great chemistry, story line believable and the sex was great. Not bad for a free read. Would love more on the MacAllisters.
Jill
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was really short, and predictable, but I really liked Aubrey. For what it was is was a nice surprise.
Katerina

A great short story!

Audrey has been secretly in love with Elliot for years, and working for his company, did everything to protect him and his two brothers from all bad publicity.
All of the three brothers were not exactly cultivating virtuous habits over the years, but committed blunder upon blunder wherever and whenever opportunity offered itself.
I particularly liked the scene where she caught him in the act literally.
Their story took off from this point with break-necking speed, and I enjoyed
Lance
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, romance
The prim and proper PR head of a family run company is the heroine of this short story. The family has three young men whhi get into various levels of trouble and it is Aubrey's job to keep them out of the news. She secretly has had a thing for one of them, Elliot. He too has feelings for Aubrey despite his playboy reputation and actions. They finally connect and oh, my what a connection! Good sex scene with feelings between the lovers expressed, not just sex for sex itself. There are also good ...more
Elizabetta

Ok, so I don’t read much het romance these days but this one, I liked. There’s nothing earth-shattering here, no whips, no chains, no overdone angst, just a short about finding true love. We’re given a near-perfect and lovely Aubrey, who carries a secret torch for studmuffin-playboy, Elliot. It’s Aubrey’s independent gutsiness and Elliot’s wake-up call to the “soul mate under his nose” that drew me in and pulled at my heartstrings. This was a well-written sweet get-away read.
Jessica
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet story. Good characters that you just want to love. And so many ways to add for a 2nd... And a 3rd...... And a 4th.... Just a hint of course.
SammiesBookBlog
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing
Simply an amazing story as always! Everyone should be reading Shaynes books! If you loved the Barter Sytem and her other books you'll love this!
Drita
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very well written!
Great story and delightful sex scene.
Didn't want it to end. Looking forward to her other books!
Thank you Shayne...Keep them coming!
Suz
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story. Short, only 2.5 hrs to read it.
LAKristy
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This novella was well written and well edited. I liked the story, but not nearly as much as some of the author's other work. I know this was intended to be short, but I think there were just too many details and conflicts introduced for such a short book. The number of threads to keep track of and resolve prevented any real character development. The relationships felt sort of awkward, especially for characters that had known each other since infancy. If you're a fan of Shayne McClendon, you'll ...more
Michelegg
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Ah Eliot and Aubrey. Theirs is my favorite kind of romance. He's loved her from afar, she's totally off limits according to his Mom. She's loved him since she was a tiny little girl, but he's turned into quite the ladies man, read Man-Whore. How they finally find each other is funny and very sigh worthy!
Robin
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy her stories. This one was a little different as it was about unrequited love and a person who didn't notice that there was someone close by who loved him.
I enjoyed both of the main characters and loved that although she appeared to be passive she didn't tolerate other people trying to stir up trouble.
Kelly
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick, satisfying read - highly recommended!
Leary
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it

This definitely has potential, I enjoyed the story but I couldn't really connect with the characters. There could have been a lot more character development which would have made the book longer and would have given us more depth to the story. I felt like everything moved on extremely fast - all of a sudden he realizes there is this amazing woman under his nose for the last 10 years who has been in love with him and BAM, now they're together.

It was a quick cute read but I could have go
Karenvancoppenolle
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Aubrey, she's smart, sexy and sassy the three S's I like a lot in a character. I know the feeling of being in love with someone that seems untouchable. I know what a great love story that can become even in real live. So if you are curious off how Aubrey gets her happy ending read this book, and let me tell you the SEX is hot real hot. More McAllisters books would be more than welcome, hint Shayne HINT.
Karen ♐
What a fantastic book! Aubrey has loved Elliott for over 10 years but never believed she would have a chance with him. All three brothers are bad boys. Aubrey doesn't realize that all three brothers wanted her but their mother told them to leave her alone unless they were serious about her. An event with Elliott makes Elliott realize he really cares for Aubrey. I loved everything about this book. A strong heroine and a hero that realizes his true love was right in front of him. 5 stars!
Gskm
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

When you begin reading and the first pages get you so emotional you are in tears, then in awe, then wishing you had a tenth of this woman's smarts...you know this author is a treasure. This book is amazing. I adore this whole family. The love story is sweet, sexy and a dream come true. I love the feisty protective alpha female protecting her loved ones. Highly recommend.
Jina
Sep 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Everyone so far has given high stars..this was a cute short read. But in my view not 5 star worthy! Granted my copy was free, but I have many a free book with less editorial errors. I can usually ignore them since I myself am not perfect. But these did get annoying. That being said, those only played a minute part in my vote of 3 stars....to me it was just an ok read.
Debby
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lighter read than her usual

This is a story of a woman who has loved a man, what seams like all her life. Will she have a HEA, or will she continue to help him and his family, but never have the love she deserves.
Shayne McClendon has woven a story with her usual crafting that will help to tide you over until her next instalment of life. Enjoy!
Karen
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story about a woman who has loved a man since she was younger and he finally realizes it. Follow the journey of their amazing love story.

Every time I read this story again I fall more in love with it. I adore a story that makes me want to read it again and again
Heart5
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. The characters were all likeable, and the romance was very sweet. At times the dialogue seemed a little forced, but the depth of the story made up for it. I would definitely like to read more from the McAllister family.
Jeannette
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good romance read

This was a great story and it is definitely one click worthy. I did not want the story to end.
Dorothy Goodman
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shayne-mcclendon
Sweet love story, not smutty, but I still loved.
Jenny
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A short story about longing for love all while long a pretty lonely solitary life. This story is short and sweet and while a little too wrapped up perfect, it made me laugh and cry and understand.

Dorothy
Jan 25, 2013
Deneser
Apr 18, 2013
Buks
Mar 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Keeping Desiree (The Others Book 3)
  • Finding Hope (The Others Book 2)
  • Meet Fifty Shades Continued - Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Fifty Shades Duo: Fifty Shades Darker / Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #2-3)
  • Falling for Kindred Claus (Kindred Tales #20)
  • Handling The Hybrid (Brides Of The Kindred, #23.1; Kindred Tales, #16)
  • Trapped in Time (Brides of the Kindred #24.5; Kindred Tales #17)
  • Awakened by the Giant (Brides of the Kindred #22.5; Kindred Tales #14)
  • Pairing with the Protector (Brides of the Kindred #26)
  • Instructing The Novice (Brides Of The Kindred, #22.4; Kindred Tales, #13)
  • Deceived (Brides Of The Kindred, #24)
  • A Devoted Companion: A Doorways Tale
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Chasing Harmony (The Others Book 1)
  • Doorways: Demons & Angels Collection
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
If you’re looking for stories that tug at your heart, make you laugh out loud, and sometimes make you cry so hard you need a giant box of tissues…look no further than books by Shayne McClendon.

She’s a prolific author (more than 8 million words and counting) known for dramatic, steamy, enthralling fiction that will grab you and not let go until the last page.

A nomad at heart, Shayne currently lives

News & Interviews