Start by marking “Israel at War : Inside the Nuclear Showdown with Iran” as Want to Read:
Israel at War : Inside the Nuclear Showdown with Iran

Israel at War : Inside the Nuclear Showdown with Iran

Is the crisis in the Middle East hurtling toward the point of no return?
* Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, tells the U.N. that Iran could have nukes by spring.
* Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has called for the end of the United States and Israel.
* Chaos is erupting throughout the region.
* Rumors abound of an impending Israeli first strike against Iran’
Published October 15th 2012 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Israel at War , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Israel at War

Alexander Curran
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it

Rosenberg gives the reader Israel at War : Inside the Nuclear Showdown with Iran published in 2012 where he gives us inside accounts of U.S. and Israeli governmental interests. He also tells us about his friendship with "Bibi" Benjamin Netanyahu while detailing his life, and rise to the political height of prime minister of Israel, and his (plus the Author's insight/perspective...) vi
Brenten Gilbert
This is the second Joel Rosenberg book I’ve read this year and, though this is significantly shorter than Implosion it’s no less significant. In fact, it provides an international complement to the domestic challenges described in Implosion. In less than 150 pages, Rosenberg lays out the intensity of the conflict in the Middle East and the potentially devastating impact it can have on the entire planet. For far too long, these threats and aggression have been overlooked or shrugged off, in hopes ...more
Floyd Cryer
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love it... Every bit as good as I thought it would be. This is a book that I plan to read again to get a grip on more of the information that I couldn't retain the first time.

I hope to read more of Rosenberg's work...
Ed
Aug 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Those who are extreme Right Wing Christians
Recommended to Ed by: Nobody. Accidental choice based on the title.
This will be the shortest review I've ever done in keeping with it being a short book and is six years old. From the title I thought I was going to read about Israel's valiant Defense Force protecting its people and overcoming their enemies. Instead I was treated to a slanted view of history bashing President Obama and praising Benjamin Netanyahu while presenting his life story. Not a surprise since the author seems to be a friend of Bibi! At this same time American military cooperation with Isr ...more
Scott
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Insightful

Joel as always has a strong grasp of the geopolitical environment in the Middle East and does an excellent job of describing the current and historical context surrounding Israel and it's leaders.
John Rhoads
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rosenberg is fascinating at least and shocking insight, wise always

I say five stars because not a word was written that wasn't both insightful and revealing. I truly appreciate his picture of coming events and most of all his correlation with the bible.
Joseph Craine
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Interesting

Not as up to date as I thought it would be for me. The reference to the bible were not of interest to me.
Sylvia
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Is the crisis in the Middle East hurtling toward the point of no return? Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, tells the U.N. that Iran could have nukes by spring. Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has called for the end of the United States and Israel. Chaos is erupting throughout the region. Rumors abound of an impending Israeli first strike against Iran’s nuclear program. Is war imminent? Joel C. Rosenberg looks at the events developing in the Middle East and asks the tough questi ...more
Stacie Wyatt
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Israel @ War by Joel C. Rosenberg
I reviewed Israel at War by Joel C. Rosenberg, in exchange for a review from Tyndale House. This review is more informative because I had little to no knowledge of Israel and Iran, prior to reading this book.

I chose the book because it was different from my normal reading. I don't follow Israel's political structure but I now this country has importance in Christianity. I hardly know anything about Israel, other than it's biblical relevance. The book also discus
Felix
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: politics
The book paints a scary prospect: war in the
Middle East between Israel and Iran. The
book was written from the perspective of
somebody who has inside knowledge of Israel's
leaders (Netanyahu) but it seems the author
also clearly sympathizes with Israel.

The book assumes and believes that Iran is
pursuing the nuclear agenda not for peaceful
means but to develop nuclear weapons for the
purpose of launching a nuclear attack on Israel.
It also criticizes the current US Administration of
Barack Obama for no
Jodee Meyer
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Joel Rosenberg does it again

Joel must have a VERY close walk with the Lord, where else could he get such insight, be so RIGHT ON in 'the truth of the matter'?. As I read this it is July of 2014 and Israel is under attack by terrorists in the Gaza Strip. Once again Obama is playing his role as a disrespectful coward to a T. Russia has invades the Ukraine, a passenger airliner has been blown out of the sky with sophisticated Russian artillery by trained insurge$10,000.nts with all 299 passengers
Richard
Oct 25, 2013 rated it liked it
If you know Joel Rosenberg, then you really don't need to read this book. There isn't anything that is surprising about his views of Israel and an nuclear armed Iran.

Rosenberg takes us in a close-up trip to the Israeli Prime Minister and how he handles this situation with the Iranians. What this book truly does is give us a better understanding of the man, Netanyahu.

His writing is clear. His knowledge is crisp.

You won't finish reading this book wondering what Rosenberg believes a nuclear Iran wi
Lisa B.
My Thoughts:

I requested this book from Tyndale House Publishers and Netgalley because I am interested in the Middle East.

While I am glad I read it, I am not going to rate it for several reasons:

1. I do not know enough about this subject to express an informed opinion.

2. This is a hot political topic. Pick a side. Does that make one person right and one person wrong? In my mind no - just a difference of opinion.

3. The author appears to have the background and credentials to express a learned opin
Isa
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
When Israel signs off on the nuclear proliferation act. . . Maybe I'll feel the sympathy the author is requesting of me. Until then? Biased, to put it mildly and only semi-informative. I want facts, not opinions and not a narrow singular perspective. I'm a STEM major, so while I understand Israel's relevance in the religious world. In the all inclusive real one, what they've done is awful. I don't see holy land as any sort of excuse. It brings the reality of a WWIII starting in the middle east b ...more
Jennie
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, nook, non-fiction
This book was a little of an eye opener for me. I have heard a lot of rumblings about Israel and Iran but didn’t really see the urgency. Rosenberg offers a thorough breakdown of current and past histories of Israel and Iran. Some of the history does weigh down the book at times but it is a lengthy history and really necessary. We can only hope that our leaders are leading us down the right path rather then a horrible outcome.

I think that Rosenberg has an absolute gift when it comes to writing hi
Jami
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a history fan. I also have, in the last few years, developed an interest in world events centered around the Middle East and how it relates to Biblical history. So when I had the opportunity to read and review Joel C. Rosenberg's Israel at War: Inside the Nuclear Showdown with Iran, I snagged the opportunity. This book was a play-by-play account of what is now happening. http://jamiswords.blogspot.com/2012/1...
Stacey
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really quick read. I read it right before the presidential elections, and my vote was actually swayed by what I read. The situation in Israel is much scarier than I ever paid attention to, and I can't believe we're not more outraged as a nation. I'm anxious to see what happens in the near future. I hope our government will stand behind Israel. Reading this in light of Biblical prophesy made all this more profound. Wow!
Doug
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anything Joel writes is worth the reading. He has his finger on the pulse of the epicenter of the world. This book came out during the current battle with Gaza. Very timely book. You need to read this book.
randy hepfer
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love the biblical reference

Joel always has great insight into the current news events shaping our world today and you get a sense that others in high positions also put a lot of stock in his knowledge and study of world events. I like his heart and his story telling ability.
Ashwath
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-east, iran, israel
This book has very little substance. This is more like a promotional book for the author's other books. The arguments in the book is unconvincing and doesn't provide a good perspective to relate to the current scenario.
Mike Brand
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Really good analysis of the situation between Israel and Iran. I was a little disappointed that the last 30% of the book was a preview of Damascus Countdown, which I have previously read, so I'm wondering if I can get 30% back from my purchase? :)
C
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Are we ready?

"To misunderstand evil is to risk being blindsided by it." Rosenberg presents the possibilities for various scenarios that may occur in the middle east and the Biblical prophecies that should explain them.
Paula Heilbrun
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everything you need to know

This is the perfect book to explain to the average person what is going on in the middle east and how scripture relates to it. Thank you so much Joel C. Rosenberg for this book!
Brad Wright
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012

More a biography of Netanyahu than anything in the first half. The latter half is his interpretation of scripture and promotion of his books.
Debbie Pool
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Headlines in advance

Rosenberg never disappoints. we have no excuse of ignorance after reading his books. Always brings clarity to do many areas.
Dionne Bradshaw
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such an insightful book - makes you really think about the way the world is and will be. Highly recommend - worth reading.
Lloyd Hinkle
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very thought provoking. Gives me a better understanding of what Israel and the US face in the Middle East.
Sandra
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Informative and an eye-opener as to what is really driving current conflict in Middle East.
Steve
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well-written concise look at the situation with Iran.
Joe
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
good basic overview of the current setting of the situation between Iran, Israel, & the USA.

• The Al Qaeda Reader: The Essential Texts of Osama Bin Laden's Terrorist Organization
  • Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions about the World's Fastest-Growing Faith
  • Petrus Romanus, The Final Pope is Here
  • The Great and Holy War: How World War I Became a Religious Crusade
  • Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family
  • Hand-Me-Down Princess (The Brides of Bellas Montagnes #1)
  • A Time to Betray: The Astonishing Double Life of a CIA Agent Inside the Revolutionary Guards of Iran
  • The Celtic Way of Evangelism: How Christianity Can Reach the West . . . Again
  • 2020 or My Name is Jesus Christ and I'm Running for President
  • After America: Get Ready for Armageddon
  • Left Behind Boxed Set 1 (#1-5)
  • Interpreting the Symbols and Types
  • Mercy Come Morning
  • A Simple Government: Twelve Things We Really Need from Washington (and a Trillion That We Don't!)
  • Holy War: How Vasco da Gama's Epic Voyages Turned the Tide in a Centuries-Old Clash of Civilizations
  • The Origin of the Bible
  • The Jew is Not My Enemy: Unveiling the Myths That Fuel Muslim Anti-Semitism
  • Greetings from the Flipside
Note: This is a different person than the fantasy author, Joel Rosenberg

Joel C. Rosenberg is the founder of The Joshua Fund and the New York Times best-selling author of THE LAST JIHAD (2002), THE LAST DAYS (2003), THE EZEKIEL OPTION (2005), THE COPPER SCROLL (2006), EPICENTER (2006) and DEAD HEAT (2008) with m
“in damages to the families of the American victims. Yet” 1 likes
“Iran also continues to provide seemingly “limitless support” to the Hezbollah terror organization in Lebanon. In 2006,” 1 likes