Start by marking “The Norway Way” as Want to Read:
The Norway Way

The Norway Way

With her charming and funny drawings and based on her experience living in Norway, Australian Jenny K. Blake portrays Norwegians as no one has done before. With her eye for funny details, she describes everything from lunchboxes matpakker), cheese slicers, cottage life and drinking habits.
Published 2011 by Schibsted

To ask other readers questions about The Norway Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Norway Way

Mila
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had a giggle while reading this book a few little things rubbed me the wrong way in it. A woman's only accessory is apparently a child and child supplies. I don't know, sometimes it seemed a bit sexist to me, maybe I'm a bit too anal about some things though.

Good laugh through reading anyways, especially when you're familiar with the Norwegian culture and mentality at least a tiny bit.
Kim Tyo-Dickerson
I've been living in Norway for about 6 months and am starting to get the jokes here! Light and affectionate look at Norwegian idiosyncrasies, habits of mind and love of outdoor gear.
Luci
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all I'm from Norway, and I recognised myself in lots of parts in this book. It's so funny. The drawings are cute. Quick and fun to read :)
Cristina E. Lozano
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Me ha hecho reír un montón. Si vives, has vivido o empiezas a vivir en Noruega, seguro que a ti también te saca una sonrisa.
Siw
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha.
Alicia Wright
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got this book for Christmas and as you can see, the day isn't over and I'm done reading it. I just couldn't resist.. the charming little illustrations and humour were just up my street.

I'm just sad that I couldn't read everything.. there are Norwegian phases and vocab smattered throughout. I only know a word or two myself yet, so I didn't get all of the humour. But there was plenty I did, and many great visual gags too, so don't be put off if you don't speak Norwegian! I can't even string tog
Kitti
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was so cute and funny. Got it in Oslo at Sentralstasjon. Gives me all the nice memories of the wonderful Norway and its people. So stereotypical, so funny. Loved it.
Rebecca
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it
A lot of the same drawings as "Brown Cheese Please" which was disappointing. Still a cute book!
Anders Sandvik
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute book with a stereotypical look at Norwegians. Fun to read and enjoyable.
Denise