Start by marking “Come Home To Me (Second Chances, #1)” as Want to Read:
Come Home To Me (Second Chances, #1)

Come Home To Me

(Second Chances #1)

Jake Owens is tired of life on his parents’ Montana ranch, catering to city folk who want a taste of old-fashioned country living. He enjoys life in the fast lane, with fast cars and even faster women. When he falls in with the wrong crowd and is accused of murder, a stranger’s bizarre offer at a second chance might be his only hope to clear his name.

Rachel Parker is highl
Published October 17th 2012 (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Come Home To Me, please sign up.
Larissa No explicit scenes, hardly no detail at all (more like, "He entered me and it was a magical night"). I'd say it's safe for the 15 year-old reader. But…moreNo explicit scenes, hardly no detail at all (more like, "He entered me and it was a magical night"). I'd say it's safe for the 15 year-old reader. But then, it depends to what you are used to reading. Hope that helps! :)(less)

Ingie
Written October 10, 2015

3.7 Stars - A sweet lovely story I couldn't but love

photo image.jpg4_zps8m704u5r.jpg

A Time Travel Topic is never waisted time for me. A half "extra star" for a surprisingly NICE old-fashioned romance story.

I listened to the 8:41 hrs audiobbok narrated by Cody Roberts.

*********************************************************

Come Home To Me is a lovely time-travel historical set in the 1840s US western about the people doing the long and dangerous wagon traveling to a new future in Oregon.

Jake Owens is
Lisa Kay
[image error]
★★★★☆ This is a nice escapist story combining time travel and the Old West that happened to be Western & Medieval Romance Lovers’ BOM for March, 2013. Since I had already bought it, I was looking forward to it and it didn’t disappoint.

I liked Jake and Rachel – and her nephews – and their adventures. Of course, the “wagon train” setting is one of my favs. I also liked that Jake had a chance to correct his course in life and “cowboy-upped,” so to speak.

Sure, there was some quest
Syndi
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really skeptical picking this audio book. I never heard of the author, none of my goodreads friends read it, the story about time travelling is not my thing. But during my bad day at work, i give it a try.

I was sucks into the past really quick. Following Jake. And his adventure in 19 century. How he captures a heart of young woman named Rachel. Now the 60% of the book is very very heavy with the banter between Jake and Rachel. Too dragging and too much unnecessary conversation. The rest o
Sunny☼
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We all dream of having a second chance at one time or another. To Pull back those words, deed, or mistake and do it again in a better way. Jake Owens gets this wish. He has been set up for murder by a fast and loose woman he has known only for a short while.

His is given the task of travelling back in time and using skills he has already gained on his family ranch, lead a wagon train from Iowa to Oregon. He is also charged with the care of everyone on the trip, but especially Rachel Parker.

Rache
Barb O
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One thing you can always count on with Ms. Henderson's novels is unexpected twists and turns! I read all of her "Yellowstone Romance Series" and absolutely loved all of them! So I was very eager for this book to come out!!! Ms. Henderson has a fantastic way of writing that not only draws you into the story, but allows you to see, feel and experience all of the action, drama and romance right along with the main characters, Jake and Rachel. These are real people and situations we can all relate t ...more
Shirl
2nd chances, growing feelings, full of twist and surprises along a journey back in time with a growing romance that Jake and Rachel cannot ignore.
Will scouting for the wagon train, something he didn’t want to do, help Jake find out what he really likes and wants in life?
Will watching out for Rachel, bring out feelings Jake didn’t know he had?
Do they both get a 2nd chance in life?
Come Home To Me, is a heart warming story and every time you think you know what is going to happen, a new surprise h
Dena
This is a time travel book that takes place in the present to 1848.

Jake is a wild cowboy who has no direction. He likes his women fast and his pace is furious. He is tired of living the cowboy lifestyle and doesn't want to do anymore cattle drives. After his involvement with Sandra he decides to forsake all women and turn his life around, now all he has to do is get rid of the murder charge.

Rachel is from the past taking on family responsibilities after her brother's wife dies. She doesn't mind
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers who like western historical romances with HEA and non-explicit sex
Nice, fast, easy, low angst, story about a young man given a second chance to make different choices in life. The H faces a potential life sentence in prison and is offered a chance of redemption. He is unaware that the second chance is during the early 1800s on a westward wagon train. H must protect h (unknown to him) and 3 small children during the long and arduous journey. Enjoyable read & a freebie. 3.5 stars.
Poonam
An enjoyable read. Wasn't expecting it to be a time travel love story.Loved the epilogue.

It was a bit predictable in the end about what gonna happen with Jake and Rachel when she fully realized that Jake had told her the truth about him being in the future and her compelling need to be with him in the future too.All in all it was a good read.
Anne
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful time travel western story. loved all the characters and always a great story from Peggy Henderson
 ☔️ Stormy Day Reader
My Blog review :)
Author: Peggy L. Henderson
Genre: Time Travel Romance
Source: Kindle Freebie
252 pages

I was looking for something different to read and since I'm doing the clean out your e-reader challenge I went through my kindle freebies and found this little gem. I absolutely loved this book. I'm actually very disappointed that the next book in the Second Chances series Ain't No Angel isn't out yet. According to the author Peggy L. Henderson the book should be coming out this month! For those
Thom Swennes
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Twenty-four-year-old Jake Owens is in a world of trouble. Charged with a murder that he couldn’t remember if he’d committed or not, he was facing a life sentence without a hope of reprieve. That was until the lawyer in the expensive suit enters his cell. With so much evidence stacked against him, even though he thought that he was innocent, he resigned himself to life in prison. The well-dressed man before him made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. With a glass of water they sealed a deal he didn ...more
Diane Jewkes
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you pick up Peggy L Henderson's Come Home to me, make sure you have lots of time. This story is so engaging you won't want to put it down until you get to the last word. I lost sleep last night because I couldn't stop until I knew that Jake Owens and Rachel Parker found their happily ever after. The story is engaging and draws you in. The characters are beautifully detailed and the journey across the Oregon Trail is rich with sights, sounds and smells.

I lost a night's sleep over this book..
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

From cholera to chaps, “Come Home to Me” by Peggy Henderson is the definition of exceptional story telling!

Read full review in the 2013 July/August double issue of InD’tale Magazine.
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 4.5 Stars

This was a very memorable Time Travel Romance.

It was wholesome and refreshing to be sure. Ms. Henderson is a wonderful story teller.

Not much steam but honestly, it didn't need it.

I will definitely continue following this series.
Lisa
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Come Home To me, was heart warming story, I enjoy a good time travel romance, love these two Jake Owens, and Rachel Parker. If you enjoy time travel then this book is for you, I give this book 5 stars

Happy Reading

Lisa
Linda Denison
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jake takes the wrong path, enticed by a pretty woman who turns out to be bad news. After getting accused of murderer, someone offers him a way to clear his name... a way that is destined to change his life, as he travels back in time to a wagon train in 1848.
Elena Johansen
I liked the idea of a fish-out-of-water, time-travel love story, but that is definitely not what this is. Jake blends into the role of a scout on the Oregon Trail so well he ends up leading the wagon expedition by the end, and aside from a bit of confusion right at the beginning, he doesn't really make any mistakes.

The love story between him and Rachel is full of complications, certainly, but the chemistry between them, which started out electrically physical, fizzled out, turning into a bland m
Timothy Hendricks
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book. I find Peggy Henderson to be an excellent writer. I have read couple of her other books and recently purchased 2 more of her books. I am not sure how I feel about the time traveler aspect to this book; but nevertheless I enjoyed it thoroughly. I also liked the fact that she included a historical piece at the end of the book talking about the Oregon and Mormon trails.

I myself have studied the history of the Westward migration. And as a Latter-Day Saint I am quite fa
Michelle Louise
Unique take on time travel romance

Jake Owens is in trouble. Framed for murder, he doesn't have a whole lot of options and when an stranger in the guise of his new lawyer offers him a chance to do things over, he leaps at it. The catch? He has to escort a wagon train over the Oregon trail in 1848.

To say that having the guy be the time traveler is rare is underselling that. Only in knight in shining armor by Jude Devereaux and some of the later outlander books have I seen that. And in both of tho
Nikole Fucci
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner!

After reading another time travel book this week, I uploaded a few more. This was one of those. Didn't even realize it was the same author. Another winner. The author writes so well. I couldn't put it down. The love story drew me right in. Can't wait to read more by Peggy Henderson!! I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good romance and specifically historic romance set in early america. An if you're not sure about time travel! Give this or any of Peggy's books a shot.
Tina
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Oregon Trail

It was different reading about a guy going through time travel but I enjoyed the change. Thankfully he knew a lot about roughing it during the 19th century or it could have proven even more difficult than it was. The Reverend Johnson plays the role of a pseudo-angel and gives Jake a task you accomplish, which he does, and falls in love, which wasn't part of the plan. Does he stay with her in her century or did he lose her when he returns to his own? I recommend that you read this
Pepca
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Kindle freebies are often hit-and-miss, but this one was definitely a hit!

There was just enough conflict and uncertainty to keep me on my toes (and make me a bit hella frustrated a few times) and keep things interesting, so much so I couldn't read fast enough.

The descriptions of the past and the westward movement were wonderfully vivid and I loved the main characters (and a few others). The romance developed very organically and made up for such a lovely story of two people who really do belon
Anna
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: western
Unexpected Ending

Very good book couldn't put it down. Boy is set on a mission to give him a second chance at turning his life a around. When he meets his charge he wonders about his mission. Woman meets a man she can't have and shouldn't want but she does. This is a must read for anyone who enjoys a Happy ending
Anita
Sweet story of a man, Jake, who falls in with the wrong crowd and is accused of a murder that he did not commit. He is given a second chance and miraculously is sent back in time to scout for a wagon train heading west to Oregon. He is told to look out for and protect Rachel Parker. Rev. Johnson did not mean for Jake to fall in love with her.
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Time traveling romance transporting you into the nearly untouched Wild West, following a caravan. Fun premise, interesting characters and good sense of location. "Proper" women get higher billing, making this an interesting partner to Jolt Lightening Rider series where a modern woman is semt back.

Perfect for a steady read, maybe on a bus.
Sharon
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!

Loved this time travel historical romance, everything I love in romance book, read it a day in my sick bed! Feeling better already and just download the next book. I've also read The Yellowstone series another brilliant read 😀 thoroughly recommend these books
Marti
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. Jake is in jail for a murder he didn’t commit when he gets sent back in time to lead a wagon train to Oregon. He is a mixed up guy who becomes an honorable hero when he meets Mrs. Rachel Parker on the way. Wonderful, fleshed out, realistic characters and good romantic plot!
Rachel
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was cute. The end was a little hokey and I hoped for a better epilogue. But it's worth a read if you like redemption, sweet romance, the old west and a little bit of time travel.

Will I be reading more books in the series, however? No. I didn't like it that much.
Barb VanderWel
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Western and Medie...: BOM: March: Come Home To Me, by Peggy L. Henderson 10 20 Mar 29, 2013 08:54AM

• Another Dawn
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • Fireblossom (The Western Novels/Matthews Novel #1)
  • California Caress
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • Indiana Wild (Spirit Pass, #1)
  • Untamed Journey
  • Just a Matter of Time
  • Dreamspell (Beyond Time #1)
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • The Lawman (Willow Creek #1)
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Lady X
  • Pete (The Cowboys, #6)
  • The Bride Price (Civil War Brides, #1)
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
I never thought I'd be a writer, much less publish a book some day. I always wanted to be a veterinarian. I guess life just had other plans for me. When my husband and I decided to start a family, vet school pretty much went out the window. I used to work with a vet who had three children while going through vet school. To this day, she is my hero.

I live with my husband and two teenage sons in so

Second Chances (3 books)
  • Ain't No Angel (Second Chances, #2)
  • Diamond in the Dust (Second Chances, #3)
“the uneven pavement and countless potholes. Dread filled her. What would Jason do to her in the morning when he came to collect the money the old” 2 likes