Start by marking “Not a Drop to Drink: A free collection of 7 short stories” as Want to Read:
Not a Drop to Drink: A free collection of 7 short stories

Not a Drop to Drink: A free collection of 7 short stories

Scientists say the human body is around 70% water. We know that's not true.

Oh, we could drink 'straight' H20, but usually we don't. More likely it's vitamin rich juice or teeth rotting cola. We like a nice cup of tea to calm us down or cheer us up. Perhaps a nice glass of wine to celebrate or drown our sorrows. Two glasses. Too many glasses.

Our bodies do contain liquid of
ebook
Expected publication: October 17th 2021 by Alfie Dog Limited (first published October 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Not a Drop to Drink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not a Drop to Drink

Joshua Grant
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Patsy Collins is a master of taking meaningful snapshots from people’s lives and weaving them into heartfelt stories in Not a Drop to Drink. Sometimes listless or difficult, sometimes with a gentle smile, every story left me with a fuller heart. Even though this book is called Not a Drop to Drink, it’ll fill your cup and leave you hopeful.
Paula
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting collection of short stories. I found ‘ Don’t touch the Water’ an fascinating read which left me wanting more. I look forward to reading more of the author’s work.
Beverly McClure
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Do you enjoy a good book but your reading time is limited? Do you hate having to stop just when the story starts getting interesting but you have to go to work, pick kids up from school or whatever? If so, then maybe you should try reading short stories. And I have the perfect book for you.

NOT A DROP TO DRINK, by Author Patsy Collins, will introduce you to characters that could easily be your next door neighbors. There’s the story, “Beyond the Pale,” about Mike, whose wife left him three years a
Michelle
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lovely collection of stories. Refreshing.
Here are my thoughts.

Beyond The Pale - second chances... a possible reconciliation... a glimmer of hope at the end?

Don't Touch The Water - executed in such a stylish manner... the question of identity factors into this tale... you find yourself thinking, history DOES repeat itself (scary thought)...

Then and Now - the unifying and healing power of art and music... beautiful!

I'll Drink To That - a test of friendship...

Fireworks - a choice... 'big-bang' fir
Fiona  Cooke Hogan
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not a drop to drink is a quirky collection of short stories that share a common thread- they all have water at their essence. My favourite - "Don't Touch The Water" is a haunting, almost sinister tale exploring the bond between twins and one sister's desire to break free.

The author is a keen observer of the human condition and her characters are cleverly drawn. I particularly like pitiful Sally in "Love Potion" who's eagerness to help with her colleague's work , a man she harbours feelings for,
Mark Syder
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is an enjoyable collection of stories in a variety of styles. My favourite was the story about conjoined twins as there is a spooky element to this story (any more detail would involve spoilers).

Four stars rather than five because of the single-page stories. I found these less satisfying than the longer stories as there was not enough scope for character development. But don't let this comment put you off buying - this collection is well worth the price and I would be happy to read more by
Lucy Oliver
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories around the theme of drinking. The stories are about 1 to 3k in length, I would guess and are quite varied, which makes for interesting reading. I picked up this book and started to read for a couple of minutes, and half an hour later, was still standing there! They are well written, with interesting and believable characters. If you are looking for a collection of short stories that are thought provoking and a little bit different, I heartily recommend this ...more
Liz Young
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Patsy's books of short stories. I can read one at bedtime, or on a train, or over a coffee. Although each book is pulled together by a theme, each story is fresh and different.
Rose English
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book 70 of my Goodreads Challenge 2017

Some wonderful little short stories based around the subject of water. Including tales of alcoholics, scientists and lovers.
Rose English
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 70 of my Goodreads Challenge 2017

This was a collection of short stories along the theme of water and covered tales of love, science and alcoholism. A strange collection but enjoyable.
Alyson
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not A Drop to Drink is a collection of short stories, loosely based around the theme of drinking. Although I received it as a free download I was very happy to read this book, by Patsy Collins.
Two of the stories deal with alcoholism and how the main characters come to terms with their addictions. Love Potion is a tale of malice and green as the main character is manipulated by the man she admires, and Don't Touch the Water is story of sibling rivalry and my favourite of the collection I think.
Th
Mary Corduff
is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2017
Currently free! 1 1 Jul 23, 2015 02:36AM

Patsy Collins will write anywhere she can reach in her campervan and has written most of her books 'on location'.

She's the author of five novels; four contemporary romances and one coming of age story with a difference. Hundreds of her short stories have been published in magazines in the UK, Australia, Sweden, Ireland and South Africa. Some of these stories have been included in a dozen themed co