Start by marking “The New Girl (Webster Grove, #1)” as Want to Read:
The New Girl (Webster Grove, #1)

The New Girl

(Webster Grove #1)

The FIRST in a FIVE-PART series.

Seventeen-year-old Steph has her heart set on a new beginning… for the eleventh time. A move to Webster Grove introduces her to a new school, new friends, and new experiences— including a few tender glances from her sexy English teacher. After signing up for a costuming position on the school production of Romeo and Juliet, co-directed by
Published January 1st 2012

To ask other readers questions about The New Girl, please sign up.
E.J.F. She's 17 going on 18. Without giving much away, I'll just say there's a connection but don't read too much into the question you asked.
Aileen I am 14 and i think its pretty interesting, but not to intimate so maybe 13/14+

Start your review of The New Girl (Webster Grove, #1)
♥Jessica, ♥Lady of the Library♥
 photo heckyea_zps88221c87.gif

Abcdef, or Steph, has been moving around the country for as long as she can remember. Her mom is basically a maniac, running from an old boyfriend that isn't even after her any more. And, have you seen what she named her child?
This time, she ends up in a small town called Webster Grove (Sounds like the name of a Dictionary to me.), where she'll attend a new high school with new people. She isn't new to this, though. It's an annual routine nowadays.
But there's something new waiting for her at
Michelle
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: forpleasure
This was a quick read and pretty well-written. I loved how the author broke each part of the heroine's life into a section making it a five part series, which in the end, constitutes one whole book. I usually enjoy the YA genre so I thought I'd try this one since it was short and looked cute. The story line was sweet, if not a wee bit far-fetched. But the concept was realistic. How many gals have had crushes on their young high school teachers? I still remember how handsome Mr. MacDonald was. He ...more
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Reread September 2017 down from 4 to 2 stars, comes across a bit too immaturely for me.
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I'm not really sure what to think of this story. I mean it is a teacher and student which...I don't know about. Plus the story just ended. No lead up to an ending or lead up to a cliffhanger, it just stopped like the author just took a break and said eh that is good enough. It does make me curious as to where the next story starts, but I don't know if I will read it.
Jaden
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Steph gets a 4 day suspension after being involved In a fight. When she comes back to school they have the play. Everything goes great with the production. After the play Mr.Rivera calls Steph into a room to talk. After he brings in someone very special to meet her.
Becky
Let me just start by saying: do not be mislead by the cover. When I found this on goodreads, I admit to thinking that it was probably going to be some tooty fruity love story with nothing really good coming out of it. I feel bad for that immediate judgment because, to be honest, I absolutely adored these short stories. It's a brilliant start to an ever improving YA series - one that I highly recommend that you pick up and try. It's an excellent book to pick up if you need a cheer up, a pick me ...more
Trisha
Mar 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
nope. just no.
mom setting her up with a teacher
and not caring about the age difference

the teacher clearly pushing when Steph is nervous about his advances.

ugh.
Alissa H.
Oct 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Review is now up on Diva Reads!
Taylor McLemore
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
In the book, “The New Girl”, is tells a story about a teenage girl and her life. The book gives facts about her and her mother. Steph is the name of the teenage girl. The book starts with Steph and it explains the troubles in her life when she was little. Her mother gave birth to her at the age of 15 and her father was an abusive man. Over the years, Steph had not worried about her father. At the age of 17, she moved to a different state and went to a different school. She made new friends and ...more
Popy Tobing
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Light book, finish it in 40 mins or so. Helps a bit after reading a depressing book. Light, entertaining kinda chicklit. I love the character name Abcde Ghijk, or she said "just call me Steph"
Jana
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet and easy read.
Abby
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jane Kim
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
In The New Girl, Tracie Puckett tells the story about Abcdef, also known as Steph, she’s a high school student that moves to a new school and a new city. Steph has been travelling around the world going to a total of 11 high schools in her life. She meets her new friends Bridget and Nate. She has a crush on her English teacher, Mr. Rivera. There is a play for Romeo and Juliet and Steph is very good at costume designing, so she signs up because she is forced by her new friend Bridget. The reader ...more
Eva Nieves
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one goes to my favorite of 2016. I's surprised it has low rating in Goodreads but awesome reviews in ibook, and thanks to the ibook app I picked it up.

If you're looking for a quick read, contemporary, funny and cheesy book, this one is for you. It took me out of the mood of not reading anything for weeks and I loved every second of it. It was so funny I couldn't stop reading and when I did, I wanted to get the second one right away. Is that good!

So, the book begins when the protagonist
Meghan Darcy
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a free download on my Kobo and I have to admit the blurb caught me... though to be honest, I didn't realize it was a YA and thought it was a little kinky/steamy romance. It isn't.
This is a sweet YA book that reminds me of sweet valley high and babysitters club.

The writing is easy and you can finish the book in an hour or so, it is the first section of a series each about 20k words or so. I ended up purchasing the whole set and it had me captured as a nice light summer read.

The book
Jenny Jackson
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
"The New Girl" is the first book in a series about a girl, Steph, who moves to a new state because her mom has found another new boyfriend. This first book explains her transition to a new school and making new friends. A quick friendship is made between herself and Bridget. And because of this friendship, Steph finds herself volunteering to design and make the costumes for the school play that Bridget happens to be the star in. Meanwhile, her mother gets serious with a guy she has only been ...more
Rebecca A. Rogers
At first, I wasn’t sure what to think about this story. Sitting in class with the characters was a bit boring for a while, but then, about halfway through, the plot picked up, and I was interested to find out what happened next.

Steph and her mom have moved around the country so many times, she’s gotten used to not making friends or unpacking her clothes from boxes. But all that changes when Steph’s mom meets a guy, whose brother happens to be one of Steph’s teachers—a teacher all the girls
Namarhea
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: group-shelf
The New Girl is a book about a girl who has moved around her whole life. She and her mother have moved from place to place. And her mother's constant on and off relationships don't help, and to top it all off her name is the first eleven letters of the alphabet. On her first day of school she encounters new classes, new friends, and a secret crush on her English teacher Mr. Rivera. I would recommend this book to a reader who enjoys a story about a new girl.

What I liked about this book is it
Katie W
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, kindle
Steph (not her real name, but her real name(s) are...interesting) is starting her 11th school and finds out she really likes things in her new town. She has a crush on her teacher, finally has two best friends who are like the siblings she never had, and is ready to follow her dreams of designing fashion. Caroline, her flighty and young mom, almost seems to be more of the child than Steph is. This story is short and ends abruptly, but apparently there are a few more books in the series, so maybe ...more
Tiffany Lundin
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
For those of you who were hating on the fact it was short and ended abruptly, you need to read carefully the description. It's the first book to a five part series! So yes it's fast paced and not too much character development but that's why there are 4 more mini books left! I really liked the writing style and the characters introduced so far and it was free so yeah, it took an hour to read but worth it in my opinion.
Also yes, who has never had a crUsh on there hot teacher?!? No lines were
Eve
Mar 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
Got this as a free e-book on iTunes last night. It was only about 530 pages, so because it was very short it took less than an hour to finish.

I didn't really like it. I didn't get anything from it, didn't connect with the characters, didn't feel like there was a connection between Mr. Rivera and Steph (if there was even one at all, I'm so confused.) I did like Bridget though, she was funny.

Oh, and Steph isn't even her real name. (view spoiler)
Karen
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable YA novella. The twist at the end is completely unforeseeable, until it occurs, but in context, everything falls into place. It plays with all of the conventions of young adult romance, and appears to be headed someplace uncomfortable, but goes someplace wonderful instead.
Jessica J
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I finished the book! :( it was although short, I loved the story! The feel like the main character really had a lot of stress and personally I was able to understand all! I love love love loved it! (Sound familiar? Haha)
Viv
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I hate that it's so short! It was a fun read and I plan to finish the series. There are some parts that could have used some work and some more character development. But over all. I enjoyed it
Anna
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible trash but just what I was in the mood for!
Stephenie fuller
Omgg

LOVED IT!! I wished She had been in the fight to and that it www was more romance tho. otherwise...FREAKIN GOOD
Charlotte
May 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
hate to burst anyones bubble here but her relationship with alex is kinDA IMMORAL AND ILLEGAL WOW
Delores Williams
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Definitely something out of a movie! Haha ready for the next one!
Jess
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! So cute, couldn't put it down!
Britt
What the fuck was this book?

Lol, I originally had it at two stars, but decided one was a better fit. Oh well.
This book was so bad, I can't even put it into words. I don't even know where to begin and I don't think I'm even coherent enough to make proper paragraphs so Imma just go with a good ol' fashioned list of why this book fucking sucked.

Warning: spoilers from here on out.

>The main character's real name. What the fuck. Abcdef Ghijk. That was it. That was her fucking name. But she went by
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Honors English II...: Book 9 - Lee 1 3 Apr 24, 2016 04:55PM
Books like this 8 19 Oct 23, 2013 01:27PM
Goodreads Librari...: adding ebook edition 9 30 May 06, 2013 05:12AM

• Summer Unplugged (Summer Unplugged, #1)
  • Those Were the Days (The Moments Series, #1)
  • The Deepest Cut (MacKinnon Curse, #1)
  • Silence (Silence, #1)
  • The Enchanted Box Set Collection
  • A Summer Like No Other (Broken Dreams: Em & Nick #1)
  • The Wrong Girl (The 1st Freak House Trilogy #1)
  • Caught in Between (The In-Betweens, #1)
  • Deep Blue Secret (The Water Keepers, #1)
  • Taking the Reins (The Rosewoods, #1)
  • UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Plot (Blue River Boys Book 1)
  • Forbidden (Arotas Trilogy, #1)
  • Spy Girl: Books 1-2
  • Saving Wishes (Wishes, #1)
  • Midnight Rose (The Midnight Series, #1)
  • Free From the Tracks
  • Arrival of the Traveler (Waldgrave #1)
Tracie is an award-winning stage actress, an international bestselling author, and the proud mother of two beautiful boys.

Her debut novel, Breaking Rules, was selected as one of iBooks Best of 2014 in Young Adult.

In the rare occasion that she's not playing matchmaker to fictional characters, you can likely find Tracie zooming down the hills of America's greatest roller coasters!

Webster Grove (5 books)
  • Under The Mistletoe (Webster Grove) (Volume 2)
  • Secrets To Keep (Webster Grove) (Volume 3)
  • Coming Out (Webster Grove) (Volume 4)
  • All Good Things (Webster Grove) (Volume 5)
“classroom” 0 likes