Start by marking “Joys R Us” as Want to Read:
Joys R Us

Joys R Us

(Let It Snow 2012)

Reece considers holiday events wasteful. But when he's coerced into standing in line for this year's must-have toy, he gets trampled by the crowd. Store manager Angel rescues him--but can Angel also show Reece the joy of Christmas?

Reece is a practical, orderly man, a financial analyst who considers most holiday events wasteful. But his sister coerces him into standing in
Published December 13th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Joys R Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joys R Us

Start your review of Joys R Us
MLE
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
A simple, but sweet holiday story.
Ami
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it

Reece is a practical financial analyst who thinks holidays are wasteful events. Until he meets Angel, an assistant manager in a store where Reece hurt his ankle trying to avoid a stampede of customers purchasing a toy by the named of DareDevil Danny (Reece was there because his sister told him to, as her son -- Reece's nephew -- really wanted the toy as Christmas present).

This holiday-themed short has a nuance of "Christmas Carol" in it. Reece was like Scrooge, a bah-humbug kind of guy,
Barbara➰
Quick little MM Christmas novella of a uptight, analytical Grinch and his Wendy Lou Who that shows him what Christmas is really about. Not much to it but cute nonetheless. I'd be interested in reading more of these two.
Annery
This is a perfect warm blanket on a cold pre-Christmas day and a nice play on A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings, complete with a sort of Scrooge, a total Angel, and the true meaning of Christmas.

Loved it :-)

Alex Freeman's narration was quite nice but seems to have been recorded in a closet.
Len Evans Jr
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This very short story about learning to appreciate the joy of Christmas no matter what you do or don't believe was absolutely adorably sweet and managed to give me all the feels! Loved Reece and Angel, REALLY loved Angel's car and also how sweet he was to take the time to help Reece truly understand the spirit of Chrstmas again!
Elsbeth

Another great Scrooge story..

Uncle Reece standing in line for this Daredevil Danny all night and meeting the kind shop manager Angel..

"But you could sell this for a fortune on eBay!" "I'd rather just imagine a happy littel kid on Christmas day. Go ahead and add to his college fund too, but THIS is what's going to make your nephew happy tomorrow."

Amy
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday-reads
Free today on Amazon, 11/22/15!

Sweet story! Great message about what's really important during the holiday season.
Deeze
A really sweet but far to short read.

I enjoyed this a lot, definitely a Christmas read full of the spirit of Christmas, a play on A Christmas Carol but at the same time different lol.
~Mindy Lynn~
Short and sweet. A nice little Christmas treat.
⚣Michaelle⚣
3 Stars

Cute holiday story...that once again makes me happy my kid is too old for those "limited edition" toy fads. (Stupid effing Tickle-Me-Elmo was the last one I had to endure.)
Karen
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Joys R Us" is a really short, very sweet holiday story narrated by Alex Freeman and if you're looking for a story that captures the holiday spirit and will leave you smiling and feeling good this one's it. I definitely recommend it.
L-D
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, novella
I'm not sure why this short holiday story didn't get higher ratings. Honestly, it was a perfect holiday read in my opinion and I almost gave it 5 stars which is hard for a short story to get from me. The reason that I loved it is that I read holiday shorts to get me in the Christmas spirit, and this short did exactly that. Angel and Reese meet when Reese is trying to get a very hard to come by toy for his nephew for the season. Angel decides to take the slightly Scrooge-y man under his wing for ...more
Heller
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-holidays
3.5

A sweet, feel-good story with a lovely message about enjoying the spirit of the holidays. Great characterization for a short. No sex, FYI, but a very hopeful interlude with a hint of a possible HEA.
Eugenia
Cute de-Scrooging Short Story....

The one where a rational, no nonsense man finds the spirit of Christmas after being trampled by a toy store mob.

Fun to read.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
What a great holiday story! Fun, sweet, filled with hope and laughter. I want to see more of these two guys.

Thanks, Kim Fielding, for a very nice pick-me-up on a cold winter day.
DeeNeez
A modern take on a Christmas Scrooge. An OK story, but didn’t really feel that romantic connection.
Meep
A made (for someone elses) tv movie in book form. If you've seen one then...yeah!

Reece the grinch; he reads like a person with autism seeing the practical but not the human element. Supposedly it's down to a less than picture perfect upbringing - not harsh just not hallmark - whose was?
But he meets his 'Angel' named Angel. Cute, perfect, condescending Christmas spirit with a backdrop of rabid commercialism to leave a nasty taste. For all the feel-good pontification couldn't help noticing it was
Tutu
Note to self, when reading a holiday story, be in the mood for some Christmas spirit :(
I read this while grumpy and it only managed to annoy me. I'm a Scrooge, so?! Sue me :)
I guess it's an ok short Christmas read, sweet and probably full of hope.
I kind of found myself agreeing with the cynical Reece and really wanted to smack preachy Angel....But that's just me. If you're into Christmas/ holiday spirit, you'll probably appreciate the tone this story sets.

P.S: nothing against this story, I'm
Brooklyn
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Camping out overnight for that one toy your child has to have? I hope my child never wants a toy that much! I love her, but I'm not sure it's worth that much. Fun story with a little twist on A Christmas Carol.
Didi
Another re-release holiday short story (and got it FREE from Amazon).
Super insta goodie goodie stuff, the kind I expected a Christmas story would be... Fielding's style.
I liked it. :)
Lila Hunter
A very short & sweet Scrooge-like story. It's fun, sexy, and perfect for a quick holiday cheer. Two lovely MCs and a simple plot.
Trio
Very sweet. A nice and easy read for Christmas.
Gabbi

Kim Fielding is quickly becoming a must read author for me. I love her descriptive storytelling ability and she always writes characters that really live and breathe off of the written page.

Reece is a scrooge if I’ve ever read one. He hates Christmas and sees it at nothing but a commercialized holiday. When his sister asks (okay, bribes) him to stand in line overnight at a local toy store so his nephew can get the hottest toy, Daredevil Danny, he reluctantly does so. After hours of standing in
Morgan  Skye
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, reviewed, audio, holiday
Reece gets manipulated into waiting in line overnight at a big box toy store to get the “must have” toy of the season for his nephew. Normally Reece wouldn’t be caught dead doing something so impractical, but his nephew has had a rough year and he owes his sister a favor so…

When the store opens and he’s granted access to buy the toy he gets trampled and ends up not only injured but he’s still without the toy! Luckily he meets a super cute toy store manager who helps him out, Angel.

Angel is
Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder
A gentler modern-day Scrooge learns about the joy of the season and makes a new friend

The MC, who makes a living as a financial analyst, is so caught up in the practicalities of life that he misses out on the joys of life. He is taken in hand by a very cute and very friendly stranger, who decides to broaden the MCs view of Christmas beyond the commercialism and consumerism that can overshadow with the joy of the season.
Shelby P
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: freebie, holidays, m-m
There was a spark missing from this story. There was no real connection between the MCs so I questioned Angel's motivation for what he did. I was expecting more from this story since I'd recently read Rattlesnake by the same author. Win some, you lose some.
Shannon
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-xmas
A sweet, short story about a "takes life too seriously" guy and a very sweet guy who works in the toy store. What is the meaning of Christmas and all that. Enjoyable for sure.
Katie
Quick and sweet

This was a quick and sweet reminder of what this season is all about: that small acts of kindness can bring great joy. Lovely.
Lisa Reynolds
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joys R Us by Kim Fielding is a brilliant Christmas read following the love story of financial analyst Reece and toy shop assistant Angel. After Reece’s sister Holly asks Reece to queue up to get the most popular new Christmas toy the Daredevil Danny for her son and his nephew Aiden, Reece finds himself in a rather dangerous queue where he is knocked over and thus meets Angel. Overly practical, Reece is very cynical of Christmas but soon Angel brings him on a trek around the city to see the true ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Case of Christmas
  • The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters (Granby Knitting, #1)
  • Simon and the Christmas Spirit (Victorian Holiday Hearts, #1)
  • All I Want Is You
  • All I Want for Christmas...Is My Sister's Boyfriend
  • Men Under the Mistletoe
  • One Giant Leap
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
  • Finders Keepers
  • Baby, it's Cold
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • All I Believe (Firsts and Forever, #10)
  • Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
  • Safe Harbor (Pine Cove, #1)
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • The Fall (Love in O’Leary #1)
  • Hometown Christmas
Kim Fielding lives in California and travels as often as she can manage. A professor by day, at night she rushes into a phone booth to change into her author costume (which involves comfy clothes instead of Spandex and is, sadly, lacking a cape). Her superpowers include the ability to write nearly anywhere, often while simultaneously doling out homework assistance to her children. Her favorite ...more

Let It Snow 2012 (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • When Love Flue In