Start by marking “Dark Nebula” as Want to Read:
Dark Nebula

Dark Nebula

(The Chronicles of Kerrigan #2)

Leery from the horrifying incident at the end of her first year at Guilder Boarding School, Rae Kerrigan is determined to learn more about her new tattoo. looks Her expectations are high, an easy senior year and a happy reunion with Devon— the boy she’s not supposed to date. All hopes of happiness fade into shattered dreams the moment she steps back on campus.

Lies and sec
Published December 15th 2012 by Mitchell Morris Publishing

Liz at Fictional Candy
Dark Nebula is the second book in the Chronicles of Kerrigan series. This book finds Rae coming back to Guilder for the new year. Devon is now her secret boyfriend because dating other tatù people is not even allowed. I’m going to warn you now - I’m going to attempt to be super vague about this story. It’s not going to be released until December, but I wanted to start getting the buzz out now. I’ve made no secret about how much I enjoyed the first book, Rae of Hope, and I was equally impressed w ...more
Leeanna
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, e-book
This review may contain spoilers for RAE OF HOPE .

DARK NEBULA picks up a couple of months after RAE OF HOPE, with the start of Rae’s second and last year at Guilder. Like last year, Rae’s still coping with having almost everyone in the tatù world thinking she’s going to turn out just like her dad. Simon Kerrigan had plans to take over the world, and broke almost every rule of the secretive society.

Rae’s learned more of how to use her tatù, which mimics her father’s. Simon’s power was to steal
Liz at Fictional Candy
Once
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Dark Nebula is the second book in the Chronicles of Kerrigan Series and I was super excited to hear that Dark Nebula had been released. After Rae of Hope I immediately fell in love with all the characters and couldn’t wait to hear more about them and their amazing tatu’s. All I have to say is that W.J. May did it AGAIN! This story was simply awesome!! It grabbed me from the very beginning till the very end and I couldn’t help but wonder after every page what would happen next.

In this book all th
Seirra
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A review copy was provided for an honest review. Dark Nebula is just as good as Rae of Hope if not better! It has a lot more drama and delves into Simon Kerrigan's (Rae's father) evil plans that are being carried out by followers who hold the same beliefs that he did. It's compelling from beginning to end and it's very cool to see Rae getting a handle on her powers and becoming this strong independent girl who others in the boarding school look up to instead of fear. She has really stepped up to ...more
Mo
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I finished the book last night and I was disappointed with the entire book. I would not say the series. I will read book 3 to see if there's any redemption for Rae. Devon is a self-absorbed male who is not deserving of Rae. Rae allowed Devon to keep secrets about his job with the Privy Council. Anna is definitely involved with Devon because of her brother. Yet, Rae says nothing about her concerns to Devon, her boyfriend. She doesn't want to "ruin" the moment or have her expectations dashed. I ta ...more
Carrie Ardoin
3.5 STARS

Rae Kerrigan is starting her second year at Guilder Boarding School, where students with special skills marked by tatus can learn and develop their powers. She's trying hard to separate herself from the legacy of her evil father, Simon, but it's hard when so many people compare her to him.

Rae and her boyfriend Devon have been carrying on a secret relationship, but lately it's on shaky ground as Devon has been suddenly disappearing for days, and seems to be hiding things from Rae. Now, R
Maghon Thomas
I am so SO glad I read book one and two back to back and didn’t have to wait! And now it’s back to school with Rae and Molly, and all the HAWT pieces LOL and we are learning how to use our goodies! It’s just such a fun story to read! And there’s nothing lacking for me. Except that maybe I am, of course, always part of Team dude-that-never-gets-picked. HAHAHA I will keep those to myself though! And even though you’ve got some seriousness to these stories, I find myself laughing a ton!

Now that th
Tana
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Nebula (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #2) by W.J. May

Dark Nebula is the second book in the series The Chronicles of Kerrigan, W.J. May has written what I would say is a great addition to this series. I was quite excited to receive a copy to read and review to go along with her blog tour.

Rae who has had time off from school is now returning for a new school year, and she is quite excited about seeing her boyfriend Devon. Even though they have to keep things a secret as they are not allowed to
Lana
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the first book under my belt, so to speak, I was really looking forward to this sequel. I was not disappointed, if anything it got better the further into the story I read. I could easily see this as being a successful movie for all those that love the paranormal.

Anything is better than mundane life, right? Then you definitely want to sink your eyes into reading these books. Looking forward to getting more work from this very talented writer.

Well done May!
Ashlyn Barker
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely enjoyed the sequel!! My only complaint is that I can't buy the third book yet. Yes, there are some editing errors yet again, but I find the storyline completely intriguing; it grasps my attention until the very last page. The twists in the plot aren't always what they seem :)
Let's Get
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 / 5 stars

I didn't even pause between the last page in the first book and Dark Nebula. I found a few things repeated, but the story didn't disappoint me. I really hope there is a third book in the works for the Chronicles of Kerrigan.
Amberly Kristen Clowe
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dark Nebula is a FABULOUS read! The plot twists keep the pages turning, and the characters are people you'd like to know in real life. I can't wait for House of Cards! W.J. knows how to write!
Ilse
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's good! but I'll have to wait a year for the next one.
Stacy
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a strong follow up to the first one. Loved it!
Denise
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it and I can't wait for the next on, house of Cards, to come out!
Lori Ragus-spallina
Highly Recommend

Excellent book. Excellent series. I highly recommend reading it. Kept me captivated from the beginning. Waiting for Kindle to release the 3rd installment.
Tyler Vega
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Nebula is the second book in the Chronicles of Kerrigan and it definitely does not disappoint! The exciting story continues in a thrilling and puzzling way.

The book is of course well written. I did see at least two typos but it wasn’t anything bad. I appreciated how there were quick recap excerpts throughout the book, so that if the reader did not read the first book, Rae of Hope, then the reader won’t be totally lost. I would recommend reading the first book, though. It’s really good.

Bac
MJ
2.5
Ah... Well, I remember reading bk1 ages ago and liking it, but thinking it the series was a bit too expensive (in my cheapskate opinion), so I passed. I got a free bundle and just reread bk1 again, and really struggled to ignore the Harry Potter likeness and the skipping from bits, but got thru. Now the second book is similar, but seems to be skipping even more. It's like we are floating over the storyline so we can get to the next book without getting too deep in this one. We skip months at
Lindsey O'connell
Again, I felt this book held promise with interesting plot and character development, but the writing was not really up to par. I especially struggled with the big action sequence at the end. It was exciting and had me invested but felt rushed and hard to follow sometimes. I could tell the author was picturing the action sequence in her head but was having difficulty portraying it with words in a way that would help her audience visualize it too. I got the gist, but it was almost as if the autho ...more
K.  Ramjohn
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark nebula is the second book in the Chronicles of Kerrigan boxset and was another excellent story. I listened to the audible version of this book an the narrator was again awesome. This book starts a couple of months after Rae of Hope. We were introduced to some new characters in this novel and the narrator did a great job of portraying their character. This book had some more mystery and suspense added to the storyline. I have to admit that Rae annoyed me a bit throughout this story and I was ...more
Rosemary Hughes
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Submitted this review after listening to the audiobook of this series.
Rea's 2nd year at school in England, with a new headmaster (her secret boyfriend's father). There are a couple of new students, and still a lot of undercurrent due to Rea's father's recording.
This is a high octane story, with lots of banter between students and the sinister feeling that all is never as it appears. It appears that Simon Kerrigan is still affecting the world, long after he apparently left the mortal realm.
Kaysee
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, honestly, I feel the same as I felt in Rae of Hope.

There is a thread right before May to be grasped if a better editor was involved. It is right there, right before her eyes, and yet it is like no one is letting her see it for whatever reason.

I predicted the outcome once the new student was introduced. It was a blaring light in my face saying, "You've read this a dozen times before! It's nothing new!" Once more there is nothing wrong with repeating what worked before, the issue is making i
Holly Lenz
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Nebula is the second book in the Chronicles of Kerrigan. The story about a girl at a magic school is an entertaining one, and could be read as a stand alone, though it is far better if you start at the beginning with book 1. A little too high school for me at moments, it's a pretty good series so far, and I look forward to the next book. The narrator, of the audio version, does a good job.

I received a copy of the audio book boxed set as a gift. This is my honest and voluntary review.
Dawn Gehler
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG 2nd book of series and it's amazing.
Rae is on her last year at Guilder and she is still learning the powers of her tattoo. There are a lot of surprises for Rae and her friends. Will she survive and prove herself different from her evil father? or will she use her powers for evil just like her father? can't wait to read book 3
Jennifer Kellie
It is so refreshing to read about a female MC that isn't perfect, she struggles to overcome challenges, but she accomplishes them herself in the end. No knight comes to save the day until she has the situation pretty well in hand. I still find Devon to be too perfect, but maybe there will be a twist later in the series.
Ashley Hedden
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Nebula by W.J. May was a great read. Rae is still a bit cautious ever since the incident at the end of her first year at Guilder. This incident has made her determined to learn about her tattoo. She has been reunited with Devon, the love of her life. But everything changes when lies and secrets are exposed. I can’t wait to read more of The Chronicles of Kerrigan Series.
Meya Shaw
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber Daniels
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow again! Rae just keeps finding out new reasons to hate her father. I love this series and I can't wait to dive into book 3 and find out what horrible life the PC has in store for our girl. And Devon better not break her heart!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Run Among Thorns
  • The Secret Trinity: Glass Castles ( Fae-Witch Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Predator Girl
  • Blightmare (The Marnie Baranuik Files #5)
  • Killing Land (Rune Alexander, #8)
  • Blind Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #2)
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • Visible (Ripple, #4)
  • Turn (The Kresova Vampire Harems: Aurora #3)
  • Stepbrother Alpha's Baby 3
  • Faith Creation, All Lies Revealed
  • The Alpha's Return (Werewolves of Boulder Junction #1)
  • The End of Days (Light, #3)
  • Shield (Bridge & Sword: Awakenings #2)
  • Ashborne (The Ashborne Saga #1)
  • WitchLove (Witchblood, #3)
  • Rivals
  • Madly & the Jackal (Madly, #3)
Wanita May grew up in the fruit belt of Ontario - St.Catharines. Crazy-happy childhood, she always has had a vivid imagination and loads of energy.

The youngest of six -- four older brothers, and a sister -- taught her at a young age to be competitive in all aspects of life.

At sixteen, she began competing in athletics (track and field) and before she turned seventeen, she was representing Canada

The Chronicles of Kerrigan (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Rae of Hope (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #1)
  • House of Cards (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #3)
  • Royal Tea (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #4)
  • Under Fire (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #5)
  • End In Sight (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #6)
  • Hidden Darkness (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #7)
  • Twisted Together (Chronicles of Kerrigan #8)
  • Mark of Fate (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #9)
  • Strength & Power (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #10)
  • Last One Standing (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #11)
“Sounds good.” Considering the fact that Haley had done her best to ruin Rae’s experience the previous year, Rae thought she did fairly well keeping the dislike out of her voice. Molly, however, didn’t miss the expression on her face.” 0 likes