Start by marking “Collected (Coveted, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Collected (Coveted, #0.5)

Collected (Coveted 0.5)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Natalya Stravinsky, the charmingly neurotic werewolf from Coveted, is featured in this prequel novella. Before Thorn Grantham returned to South Toms River, New Jersey, Natalya lived alone with her stash of holiday trinkets. Her life takes an interesting turn when she faces a difficult challenge: to find a stolen figurine she'd recently won from a magical creatures auction ...more
Published September 30th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Collected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collected

Paris
So excited that I finally got to read this (damn life and challenges getting in the way).

I love Nat. She's such an interesting, complex character. Although I do prefer her surrounded by Thorn and Nick and Aggie, I did love seeing her interacting with her brother before he got wrapped up in starting a family. And it was also nice to see someone else interested in Nat, showing her that she's worth more than she thinks she is. All I know is I can't get enough of this series and I want more!
SheLove2Read
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Amusing yet sad at the same time. Natalya is a character you can't help but take sides with. She's been hurt, and badly, in the past. I want to know what happened. Great job to the author.
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: werewolves, audio
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I wasn’t a huge fan of Coveted, the first installment in this series, because I didn’t particularly enjoy Madison’s OCD heroine. So imagine my surprise when the very things that annoyed me about book 1 actually endeared me to Natalya’s character in Collected. This audiobook is a prime example of how some stories are just better when read aloud. Audio Élan does a great job of capturing the essence of Stravinsky’s disorder and giving it form through her tone and rhythm. Her
Carey Sabala
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say this, I really enjoyed Collected. I definitely love the Coveted series so far and can't wait for the next one, Kept to come out (due 11/27/12), so this was a great little appetizer to keep me tied over until then. Collected is a great little prequel/novella that takes place 7 months before the first book Coveted. Nat has a bad case of OCD and collects holiday decorations to help bandage some pretty soul deep issues. She wins an online auction for a figurine and is supper excited ...more
Meigan
I picked this up as a freebie on Amazon, mostly because I am interested in Madison's Coveted series, but also because it was free :)

I really liked the main character in this one, Natalya. She's a werewolf with quite a few quirks. Besides her obsession with online auctions which she uses to collect Christmas ornaments (she practically salivates at a nutcracker), she also has some OCD tendencies and detests getting dirty. Pretty big "quirk" to have if you're a werewolf :)

One of her packages goes m
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it - recommend (B+)
Originally Posted: http://www.twimom227.com/2012/12/revi...

The novella, Collected, takes place about 7 months before Coveted, the first book in Ms. Madison’s wolf-shifter urban fantasy series. Although technically a prequel to the series, it was released after the Coveted, and I think can be enjoyed either before or after the first book. However, for me, already knowing the idiosyncrasies of our heroine made this story more enjoyable.

Once again, our
Miki
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was first published on my blog Lecture Toute une Aventure

A surprising prequel. Coveted is a series that caught my interest months ago but so far I haven’t had the opportunity to read Coveted, book 1, I just enjoyed excerpts so when a few days ago, I saw Shawntelle offering the prequel for free I jumped on the occasion.

This prequel can be read without any knowledge of the world Shawntelle has created, it’s a funny introduction to it. Natalya is a werewolf really different from oth
Hope
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
"My box was missing."

The story begins with our heroine, OCD werewolf Nat, rushing home to get her beautiful figurine that has just arrived at her house. The problem is, when she gets there, someone who looks just like her has snatched her package.

For any other offense, Nat (who got kicked out of the pack because she isn't a very good werewolf) would have hung her head and let it go. But not this time. Oh hell no, you do not get between Nat and the antiques she collects. She will do anything- AN
Sandy S
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it
COLLECTED (Coveted .5) by Shawntelle Madison (3.5 stars)

COLLECTED is a short story that takes place 7months before COVETED. Natalya Stravinsky is a female werewolf with a few OCDs and psychological problems among them her penchant and obsession for collection Christmas ornaments. When her recent order failed to arrive, Natalya used her werewolf senses and went on the hunt, looking for the ‘thing’ that had stolen her latest online acquisition.

The zmee is a three-headed dragon-like creature-the st
Lise
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"This story takes place seven months before "Coveted" begins."

These are our introductory words to the story of "Collected". "Collected" is one of those easy-to-read fantasy tales with a twist. Our protagonist has OCD:

"For a split-second, I was tempted to discard my shoes and track them on foot. That’s what any werewolf would do. But I didn’t operate that way, nor would I even entertain that idea, no matter how much I wanted that box. The very idea of ruining my pantyhose was enough to make me ge
Melindeeloo
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 stars = okay. I do have to say that Collected was different- an OCD werewolf is pretty original - but the neuroses really kept me from connecting with leading lady Nat, an outcast werewolf who collects Christmas decorations.

It might have been that in the short space, I didn't really get a chance to see her charm but in a first person POV story I just have to like the character for the story to work for me. The author can definitely do a great character in a short space because I liked Bitter
Karin
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Prequel to the Coveted series.

This is a fun novella about Nat and her brother. She comes home to find that someone has stolen her package. After tracking the theif down, she must complete a task for him to receive even more trinkets. With the help of her brother and Miles, she goes after her prize.

If you're looking for a cute intro to the Coveted series, a fun short-story and/or a quick treasure hunt, this is the book for you!

Audio Review:
Audio Elan narrates this short-story. She uses several vo
Estara
Oct 29, 2012 added it
Recommended to Estara by: I liked the author's link generator that she linked on DA and the descriptions here
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
This short introductory adventure was interesting on the paranormal creature front because other than the werewolves the creatures involved didn't seem from the usual Anglo paranormal canon so much. I didn't get a good grip on the heroine, apart from her collecting shtick, because the action of the plot took over.

And there were too many hints about something awful having been done by her in her past which made her father throw her out and her lover and pack repudiate her. The little vignette abo
Sabrina
Edit 16th December 2012:
Many thanks to the author for providing me a copy of this; it's nice to know that kindness can achieve what kindle-ness can't! ;)

--------------------------

Well, well, look at this:

Important Message
Kindle book prices differ by country. The price for this Kindle book is different for your country and is displayed below. Please select Buy now with 1-Click to complete your purchase.

Why should I have to pay for something that is distributed for free?
That's not fair.
Jordan Erika
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-copy
While a nice story, it seemed a bit off for the first part. A different sort of Nat, a different sort of style, one that didn't really hold the attention and pull you in with each sentence like Coveted did, but it seemed to fall back into it by the end and definitely made up for it. I loved what she did for Grandma Stravinsky, even though it does seem a bit out of character being set before Coveted, but I guess it's kind of a first step to being the Nat that develops in Coveted.
LadyDamonayde
Fun story! I got this free on my nook awhile back and thought it was about time I read it considering how much I loved Coveted. I was a fun little adventure. Even though it was short and started a bit kooky with Natalya obsessing over her latest acquisition, it quickly evolved into something more, and gave us a peek into some of the deeper emotions and relationships that we see in Coveted and Kept. Great job Shawntelle, can't wait to read more in this series!
Cara
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This novella made me want to reread Coveted and Kept. I love Natalya as a character, and I find her extremely interesting. I welcomed the opportunity to get to know her better. There are not many OCD werewolves out there. I liked how we got to know Natalya's brother even more. It was an interesting story, and I loved it. It is free so definitely check it out. Don't forget to also check out the full length novels about Natalya: Coveted and Kept.
Cheryl Duval
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Natalya is obsessed with collecting christmas items, a little strange for a werewolf. She is so obsessed that she willingly puts herself in danger with Leprechauns to retrieve one that was stolen by a three headed dragon. This is an interesting and delightful story that introduces us to Nat's strange behaviors. I enjoyed it.
Jean ~ Kindle Queen
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ms. Madison had me at "werewolf with OCD." How could I pass that up? This was a fun story with interesting characters, and I'm looking forward to checking out Coveted (Coveted, #1) by Shawntelle Madison.
Tasha
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG this series is just getting started for me but I am so anxious to learn what happens around every corner in every one of the books. I can’t resist but read one after the next. From what I read in the previous book it seems that Natalya has a bit of a ‘Problem’. Nat is awesome at being a wing(wo)man for her brother and Miles LOL.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Audio Élan
Sep 17, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A neato twist on urban fantasy. Loads of fun seeing the world through the eyes of Natalya Stravinsky, OCD werewolf, while bringing to life colorful wingmen alongside select creatures of folklore--wish there were more of them!
Talk Supe
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
All the trouble with dragons & leprechauns over Christmas ornaments! So not worth risking your life for. A day in the life of a werewolf with OCD. The sting of Nat's family's ignoring her is a little painful to read, glad some of them still loves her.
Liz
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable; I think it would have been better had I read Coveted first.
Ashley Teagle
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it

I loved it!!! I enjoyed the female werewolf protagonist Natalya. I liked how Madison put her own spin on the supernatural. I hope to read more of her work soon.
Juliet
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting. A werewolf with OCD who isn't an Alpha female. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of this series is like.
AH
Oct 21, 2012 marked it as to-read
Kindle free download 10/21/12.
Traci (Mad Hatter Reads)
My rating: 3.5 out of 5

I got this one as an audio book. I enjoyed the story, it was a great prequel to the series.
Lindsey
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love how with Shawntelle's books you can't help but feel for Nat. So looking forward to more books of her.
Hanna
Jan 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • A Stroke of Dumb Luck (Colbana Files, #0.5)
  • Kept
  • Pros and Cons (Nikki Glass, #2.5)
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • Omegas in Love (Vanguards, #4)
  • Claimed (True Alpha, #6)
  • Moonlight (Immortalis, #4.5)
  • Winter's Dawn (Age of Alphas, #1)
  • Tamed
  • River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans, #2)
  • Infinity Chronicles - Part Two (Valkyries: Soaring Raven, #2)
  • Her Vampire's Promise  (Romance in Central City #1)
  • Guardian of Fate (Fate, #1)
  • Straight to Hell (Lilith Straight, #1)
  • Forbidden Fruit (Corine Solomon, #3.5)
  • Bittersweet Blood (The Order, #1)
  • Hunter's Blood (Cursed by Blood, #1)
Shawntelle Madison is a web developer who loves to weave words as well as code. She’d never admit it, but if asked she’d say she covets and collects source code. After losing her first summer job detassling corn, Shawntelle performed various jobs—from fast-food clerk to grunt programmer to university webmaster. Writing eccentric characters is her most favorite job of them all. On any particular da ...more
More about Shawntelle Madison...

Coveted (3 books)
  • Coveted (Coveted, #1)
  • Kept (Coveted, #2)
  • Compelled (Coveted, #3)