Start by marking “The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox” as Want to Read:

Award-winning author and illustrator, Gemini Adams, inspires us to examine the health of our high-tech habits in this entertaining gift book with a tongue-in-cheek look at our love of social media.

This Mom's Choice Gold Award winning book features a series of 50 hilarious cartoons that complete the question, "You Know You're a Facebook Addict When...?" in which Adams clev
Published May 24th 2013 by Live Consciously Publishing (first published April 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Facebook Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Facebook Diet

Start your review of The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox
Karielle at Books à la Mode
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog
Such an overly wired world like ours needs the occasional humorous reflection to prevent us from getting completely lost within the techosphere, and a simple solution is the Facebook Diet: a Facebook detox every once in a while. This may seem completely impossible for some (and if that's the case, you need this book NOW!!), while completely irrelevant to others, but regardless of the number of messages in your inbox, the urgency of your unread notifications, or how many friend requests you have ...more
Kayla
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a self-proclaimed Facebook addict. I feel like I'm always checking Facebook for something, no matter what time of day or night. I use it for my business, and my couponing, which is my main hobby. Therefore, I'm on it for about eight or nine hours a day most days. Recently I found a book filled with a collection of comics called The Facebook Diet, and thought it looked like something I would identify with. I loved it. It was absolutely hysterical.

Not only was The Facebook Diet hilarious, it
DubaiReader
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Oh dear, what to write about a humorous book that only made me crack a smile once?
This is a rather facetious book about the Facebook phenomenon and its effects on our lives and those of our friends and family.
It starts with an introduction that most purchasers will probably, wisely, skip. Followed by a series of 50 cartoons, all begining with the line "You know you're a Facebook addict when....."
The cartoons are followed by 'The Diet' - suggestions such as "Close your facebook account", well, ye
Suzy Wilson
I received an electronic ARC from Live Consciously Publishing via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Designed, in the manner of French For Cats as a light-hearted, humorous gift suggestion for the friend or family member who has it all, this little book presents us a funny little collection of epigrams and illustrations providing commentary on the social utility, FaceBook - and it's addictive properties. An entertaining look at one of the plague of First World Problems, in a handy, glos
John
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone on the Facebook site
Shelves: humor, facebook
OK, I'll admit it: I am a Facebook addict.

I'm a fixated Facebook follower, someone one with a couple special Facebook browser tabs on my computer. Like others, I'm one of those who gets email alerts when someone comments on one of the items that I'm following, a totally shameless Facebook addict. That's my admission, but enough about me.

I first became aware of The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox when someone posted a link to me (on Face
Jillyn
Apr 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: blog
This is one of those rare times where I feel like I read an entirely different book than everyone else. I didn't find it funny at all. It's not that I didn't get where the humor was supposed to be, I got it. It just wasn't funny. The first half of the book is completions to the sentence "You might be addicted to Facebook if..." The second half is a "diet" of how to stop logging so much time online.

First of all, I didn't care for the illustrations. I thought they were pretty badly done. Plus, it
Dianne Hunt
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I received my paperback copy in the mail, in exchange for a review, I immediately knew I was going to be laughing out loud. Just the cover alone shows the love/hate relationship I feel I have with Facebook. I imagine there are lots of folks out there who feel the same.

The ironic thing in me accepting this book for review is that not too long ago, I myself went through a Facebook Diet. Last year December, I completely deleted my account (which Facebook then taunted me by giving me several w
Grady
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a LOL book about a serious OMG problem: Facebook addiction

Gemini Adams has already proved herself as a competent serious writer and now she turns her visual and literary and comedic gifts into what is bound to become a bestseller - The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Tech-Detox - because look around (or even in the mirror) and attempt to count the number of your social group, family and extended family, and even those daytime somnambulists w
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
In The Facebook Diet Gemini Adams presents 50 hilarious cartoons clearly indicating Facebook addictions and ways to overcome this habit and Unplug with a Digital Detox. With over 1 billion user Facebook is all about mass communication through status updates in words, pictures and hyperlinks always and everywhere. Friendships are reduced to clicked like button and comments on update posts.
If you don’t have a Facebook (FB) account then you are obviously
1. stuck in the MySpace or Friendster era
2. s
Robert Zimmermann
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading this book, what did I do? I went back onto my computer to mark that I read it and proceeded to see what I missed online when I was reading. I’m mildly addiction to my social media. Being an author and reader has pushed me toward the continuous interaction with authors and fans worldwide. It’s not always a problem for me, as I try to balance it with real world activities, but for some it’s a flat-out addiction.

The Facebook Diet calls out many of the symptoms that a Facebook addict m
Sheila
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
A woman pushes her chair away from the computer and holds a gun on the monitor. This is the intriguing front cover to Gemini Adams’ The Facebook Diet. If your daily routine includes hours of distraction as that little “ding” reminds you someone’s commented on a post you once possibly glanced at and virtually “liked” in a passing flight of fancy... well, this book’s for you. There’s an intriguing mix of zany cartoons, faintly tragi-comic allusions to regular e-life, and occasional gems of wisdom, ...more
Heather
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
(This review can be found on my blog The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl at the beginning of December).

When I was asked if I would review this book, I said yes without even thinking about. This book has been on my to be read shelf for awhile, and while it wasn't laugh out loud funny all the time, it was still laugh worthy.

The cover shows that this is going to be a humorous book with funny illustrations. I, personally, like the cover, and it drew me in.

There is one sign that y
Danni Foley
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
As a self proclaimed internet addict, I find myself perusing Facebook a lot more than any sane person should, therefore I figured I would be able to relate to this book a lot. I thought there would be silly little insights about the things everybody does on Facebook and specifically Facebook. I thought I would laugh at things I do myself, or have seen other people do. I was disappointed.

This book felt like it was written by someone who has just a vague knowledge of Facebook, and very little kno
Alain Burrese
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs Of Facebook Addiction And Ways To Unplug With A Digital Detox” by Gemini Adams is a fun novelty book that will make the perfect gift for the Facebook addict in your life.

It is a small book, which after the introduction, contains 50 funny pictures with signs if you might be a Facebook addict. Signs such as: “Instead of meeting a friend for coffee, you start a Facebook chat online,” and “You post minute-by-minute status updates: 'showering.' 'Eating Indian.' 'Tir
Silvana
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome gift book. Every FB obsessed user must has this book, just to see how it look when seat in front of computer and just like some freak stare in computer. Hilarious!
The Facebook Diet is 50 great messages and illustrations which complete the question: “You know you’re a Facebook addict when…” and suggests how to detox the addiction with this Facebook diet.
When I read these extraordinary 50 humorous messages I though it’s true and I remember one of my students sad that she just need to open
Cheryl
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I "LIKE" this book better than cute puppy pictures

"The Facebook Diet" is a cute, too-often-true look at this world of dedicated Facebook users (which includes me).

I'm not a total addict (maybe I'm in denial) but so many of the things rang true in this gift book - about myself or friends or family.

The illustrations and text by Gemini Adams are well done and humorous. I got a big laugh out of them.

The first part of the book is an introduction explaining why the book was written. Then comes the fif
Rebecca Turk
Dec 19, 2012 marked it as to-read
The Facebook Diet is a hysterical read! I have friends in all phases of Facebook addiction and I can definitely find myself in the categories of users. It's such a true testament to where our focus is globally . . . in the computer, on a smart phone & clutching a hand held device. I travel internationally for work and no matter what country I'm in, on every flight there's a passenger sitting next to me on Facebook. It's fascinating and I feel confident in saying we all could use The Facebook Die ...more
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
I really enjoyed the text part of this book. Many of them rung true for people I know, and I do admit, a few applied to me. Yikes! I would have given this book a higher rating, but unfortunately I just couldn't, for a reason.

The art. Yes. Some of the pictures (like the one on the cover) are nicely done, but too many of the pictures within the book were just so sloppily done that they detracted from the book. The artist would have definitely benefited from using a ruler for some of the images, li
Ciara
Jun 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: life-style
I brought down my star rating from 5 to 1 because upon reading this book again there was a picture that was just too explicate and other pictures in it that were not as bad but still bad at the same time. I feel it was really unnecessary to use these pictures and I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone. In fact I thrown it in the bin. Had I known prior to buying this book about the pictures that were in it I definitely would not have bought it. I just thought it was a funny book about Facebook ...more
Joannah Keats
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, ebooks
Very cute, humorous take on the all too well-known Facebook Addiction. The cartoons are particularly amusing, and he suggestions for ways to overcome it are both cute and largely practical. Thankfully, as someone who has mostly unplugged from Facebook, this book wasn't really applicable to me, but I absolutely enjoyed my sense of superiority and amusement thinking about all the people I know whom these quips absolutely apply to.
Mary Weber
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
You know how the saying goes....if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Yes, all of the cartoons begin "You know you're addicted to Facebook if..." but that is the second layer that makes it funny - if you get the Jeff Foxworthy nod. This book was entertaining and would make a great gift to someone for a light-hearted read.

I provided this honest review and was able to read this book in exchange for this review prior to it becoming available to the public.
Sonny Miller
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a hilarious book for anyone that uses Facebook. Most of the addictions have an undertone of Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a Redneck if....." but instead its "You might be a Facebook Addict if...". Overall, it was very funny and easy to read. Highly recommended.
Jessica
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Cute and kind of funny...
I saw this and had to get it because, I myself am a Facebook addict....and I freely admit it! This book contained a lot of truth with a little bit of humor.
It's a cute read and perfect bathroom or coffee table material! Or...a gag gift!
Racella
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this! Hilarious!
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This was pretty funny - though more than a little worrisome since I may have at least one of these traits, and I know a lot of people that embody the rest!
Ashley Knight
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and right on point!
Alexander Chychykalo
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and funny. After reading this book I've made one New Year resolution to go to FB diet)
Dennis Littrell
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think we’ll need “The Facebook Boot Camp”

It sure is nice to read a book in ten minutes. I looked at all the pictures too. Cute. Some funny shtick. No page numbers. Maximum words per page: about 30.

I liked the cartoons, most of them anyway. For example the one with the woman in bed with a repetitive strain injury and her wrist in a kind of cast but with her legs sticking out from under the covers and her big toe on a laptop at the foot of her bed… Or this line: “Still single, you stalk your ex-
Christopher
Oct 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was one of a number of Amazon reviewers offered a review copy of The Facebook Diet, billed as a hilarious look at Facebook addiction by author and illustrator Gemini Adams. But not only is the book worth the price stamped on the back, but this free review copy makes me feel ashamed somehow: you cannot even give this rubbish away.

After a brief text-only introduction on how Facebook has changed our lives, the bulk of the book consists of a series of illustrated panels on the theme “You know you
Eustacia Tan
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I've never been very attached to Facebook. I first got it because I wanted photos of my ROCs 3 trip. But now, it's mostly how my family knows I'm alive (because I'm posting photos), and how I wish people Happy Birthday.

I do admit though, that there was a time, just after I got my smart phone, when I checked facebook many times a day. Not all the time, but whenever I was bored.

And I imagine that if you take that me, and multiply it by a hundred, you'll have the target audience of The Facebook Die
« previous 1 3 next »
Gemini Adams is an artist, educator and award-winning author of several inspiring, healthy living and humor books, including — Moms Choice Gold Award winner, The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox (The Unplug Series), multiple award-winner, Your Legacy of Love: Realize the Gift in Goodbye, and international bestseller, The Top 100 Recipes fo ...more

News & Interviews

“Using Facebook is like taking a Dyson to your spare time.” 5 likes
“Facebook has been spreading across the continents faster than a highly contagious Asian bird flu!” 5 likes