Start by marking “Take It Off! The Naked Truth About Male Strippers” as Want to Read:
Take It Off! The Naked Truth About Male Strippers

Take It Off! The Naked Truth About Male Strippers

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes in a male strip club? Are those guys gay? How do they stay so ripped? Do they stuff their trunks? How did they get into such a business? How much money do they make? Do they have wild sex every night?

This book takes you backstage and into the lives of two successful male strippers over a span of twenty years in the business. From
Published October 5th 2012 by Ellora's Cave (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Take It Off! The Naked Truth About Male Strippers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take It Off! The Naked Truth About Male Strippers

Auntee
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: I think male readers would enjoy this!
Did you see the movie "Magic Mike"? Well these two authors lived it.

The short answers are (view spoiler)
Anastasia シ
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, arc, authors-c
Full Review on NG
Keitha
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
In all honesty, I didn't watch Magic Mike. I'm always the one to shy away from hype, especially when it comes sugar-coated from Hollyweird. However, I decided to take my bets on Take It Off. Although its not a five-star read, its a page turner. Yes, there's tons of sexscapades that are titillating, but what really won me over was the way the guys bonded and the countless pranks they played on each other. Don't expect delicate prose or romance. This book is written by men for men, but I still enj ...more
Danica Avet
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I honestly didn't know what to expect when I started reading Take It Off. I figured it would be some dry, my life as a sex god kind of book with footnotes about all the girls the guys have had. Maybe a list of names like Mandy in Manhattan, Roxane in Rhode Island, etc. Okay, so there were a few sex in the bathroom, sex next to the stage, sex...I could go on, but then you wouldn't have to read the book. There was sex in this book. But it wasn't a book about sex.

This is not erotic romance or erot
Mae Hanley
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG - these recollections are hysterical. On one hand almost impossible to believe. On the other - I've known women like these so I know it's not impossible. A great little dip into outrageous human behavior.

And while I'm sure there are men out there who do fall into the stereotypical male stripper group (after all, the stereotype exists for a reason), the insight in this allows everyone to see there are also some great down to earth guys who are in it for the adventure, the extreme ego boost, a
Lea Barrymire
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
You know, I didn't know what to expect when I picked this up. I will admit that I was interested in reading this book because Taylor and Justin are cover models for Ellora's Cave, and well, I hope to get one of them someday on a cover.

That being said. This was a really funny collection of stories and information. The guys did a great job, I think, moving from story to story. It was like sitting with a bunch of my guy friends, chatting over beers.

I would definitely say if you want insider inform
Ramya (Idea Smith)
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wouldn't have picked this book off a bookshelf. I don't go in for biographies and these 'famous/unlikely people's life stories' format hasn't appealed to me so far. But the title hooked me when I saw it on NetGalley so I gave it a second glance. The authors are clearly not writers or even used to speaking a lot. The narrative meanders, doubles back and repeats itself in several places. But there is something appealing about the no-frills basic approach. At 78 pages, it's a quick and easy read ...more
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Take It Off isn’t a book I’d normally pick up. I tend to be a serial romance reader and so a biography type book doesn’t normally entice me enough to open the cover. When I recently got a chance to go to a local convention put on by Ellora’s Cave however, I briefly met the two authors of Take It Off and thought I’d give it a whirl.

Supposedly this gives readers a first hand account of the world that a male stripper lives in. True stories, tips and tricks fill the pages. I will admit to being curi
Artemiz
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, netgalley
I choose this book because my friend suggested it and it has a really good cover. It has a typical romance novel cover and it talks about male strippers. What girl would not like to read about them, about theyr funny stories?

BUT ... it starts of as guydebook for strippers, their knowhow, stripping 101 or stripping for dummies. It's not at all for female readers, there is no funnie stories or hot sexy stories.

THEN ... it gets a bit better, they start to reminiscing - some fun, some action. But th
Beckey
Did you ever wanna know about two the studs that Ellora Cave uses on some of their covers for the books?

Would you want read more info on them?

This is a biography of sorts about Taylor Cole and Justin Whitfield.

The information on how these two met, became stripper and MORE. It also has information about strippers and the business they are in.

Since the book is about the two them, some of the antics that are described, you can’t really tell who’s it about. Downside but hey...

The book may not be fo
Jen
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty good story - I didn't realize when I got it at net galley that it was a biography type book - but it really keeps you interested.

It's hard to tell who is talking because they didn't want you to know who the story was about.
It's about 2 guys who have came into the world of strip dancing.

They talk about how they started out on armature night, how they met at the gym and became friends. They talked about rookies and veterans in the strip clubs and how everyone got their status.

They told
Nancy
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it

Wow! Just wow!
This, open-the-door-and-have-a-look-behind-the-stage, book is an almost brutal look at a world that, frankly I have never thought deeply about.
I love the honesty and the humour. (by the way that is how humor is spelt in Australia...stupid autocorrect wants to change me!)
One of my favourite parts was "You Know It's Time To Hang It Up..."
For example:
"* When you have a kid who is older than the girl you’re lap dancing for, it might be time to hang it up."

Although this is non-fiction,
♡B♡
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 0-netgalley-0, 2015
This was not written bad, for me felt more like an handbook.
I really wish that it was written as a novel. There is no doubt that there were some pretty crazy things that happened to these guys I just wish we got a story from it not just highlights.

Over all it was okay but like I said it just felt like a handbook on male strippers.
Virginia Cavanaugh
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wasn't sure what to expect when I opened up this book. Wow! I have never been to a male dancer club before. So this was really interesting to get to see it through their eyes. Not to mention there are some really funny stories in this book about some of their adventures. If you are looking for a hot entertaining venture into the world of male dancing then this book is for you.
Cassandra Carr
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fabulous, revealing book about the world of male dancing. It's obvious these guys have had a colorful life, and the fact they were willing to share so openly was pretty cool. I urge anyone who's curious about the fascinating lifestyle these guys share to buy this book.
* Booksessed * Bec
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 1-net-galley
Book provided by the publisher.

A really insightful read into the life of a male stripper. A lot of laughs and a lot of sex. Definitely different to what you would think their lives were like
Andrea
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Ridiculous fun junk food read. Thanks to my friend Shavonne for passing it along to me. Good to read right before Magic Mike XXL.
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This book had some serious LMAO scene's :) really enjoyed it! Nice to be able to see what goes on in the mind of a male stripper..

Charlie
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read other book reviews at Book Junkie Joint.

Funny, entertaining and definitely insightful!

This book gives a highly entertaining, behind-the-scenes look at male strip clubs as told by two successful male strippers with a stripping career spanning 20 years.

First off, I have to admit that this book isn't the kind of book I usually read. Second, I have been to a male strip club, I've watched Magic Mike, and the main reason why I chose to read and review this book is because I was intrigued by the s
Romancing the Book
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Reviewed by:Marissa
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I should probably start by saying that I have not seen the movie Magic Mike, so I can make no comparisons between what is portrayed in the movie and what I’ve gleaned from this book. I have however *ahem* been to a few male strip shows. Unfortunately, I think this has jaded me.

I picked up this book thinking it would be amusing, that I might learn some behind-the-scenes tips on beauty and fitness (I mean,
Joannah
May 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, own
This review refers to the NetGalley edition.

I have no idea who this book was written for. I don't think the authors know either. Jumping from a basic exploration of the male stripper world to advice on how to become a stripper, to how to hook up with a male stripper, to graphic stories of sexual conquests (if you can call it that), I felt like I had no idea what I was reading at any given time.

I liked the first one-third of the book and expected it to follow along those lines. The guys seem sw
Teena in Toronto
May 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Justin and Taylor are male strippers who give us an apparently honest account on what happens behind the scenes in the male stripping industry . I found this book a fast (less than 80 pages) and interesting read (though it's been many years since I've been in a male strip club). Not surprising, the language is for mature readers.

It's written in first person point of view and some of the sections have their names so you know whose voice it is. Most of them don't so you don't know who was doing w
Marian
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: taylor-cole
Take It Off is a true story written by two strippers with 20 years experience in the business. They offer a very insightful look into the business as a whole and lots of behind the scenes stuff. Some of the things that really happen..... well, color me enlightened!

They offer an enlightening insight not just into the world of male strippers, but also into the male mind. They compare the lifestyle to being like rock stars, or celebrities, even. The high that they get from commanding a roomful of s
Charity
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Provided by Netgalley

This is a true story written in first person narrative by two strippers, memoire style. Not only is this an insightful look into this fast pace lifestyle, but it is also very entertaining. The story is very literal and informative, then reminiscing and funny, then informative again. It reads like a how-to become the best male dancer you can be, for men wanting to get into the lifestyle. I was literally laughing out loud at some of the jokes and games they would play on the “
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
I didn't like this book. I read it expecting to come away with some behind the scenes information about male strippers and probably more respect for the job they do. Instead I was surprised at how manipulative their work is. (For example: pretending to be "friends" with a regular in the hopes they will become a regular tipper for you.) After reading the stories, rather than respecting them I was pretty disgusted.

Even though I didn't like it, I'm still giving it an "ok" rating of 2 stars, becaus
Smutlover
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for letting me review this one.

Meh, it was ok. It was as you would expect. Guys talking a lot about all the women they screwed, how to get more money out of them and how to survive as a stripper. Talk about how to eat and how they have to work out. I think being a male stripper is every guys fantasy for the fact that they get money and free pussy whenever they want. I can't say that I learned anything new or anything in this book shocked me. Boys will be boys and boys are pig
Wendy
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: apr-13
"Take It Off" is a quick and easy read that discloses the lives of two successful male strippers (Taylor Cole & Justin Whitfield) over a span of twenty years in the business.
This book references their rookie days, client/stripper relationships, practical jokes among many other things until the decision is made to retire their G-string.
This book is insightful, entertaining, informative, funny and naughty.
The guys did a great job of revealing, openly and honestly, every aspect of their fasci
Stacy McKitrick
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, e-book
I’ll admit it: The movie “Magic Mike” inspired me to read this book (and it didn’t hurt when I read about this on another blog). It was an interesting book, but written as little snippets of stories, most of it not surprising seeing as what business it is and all (yes, they have sex and they have it often!). I did learn a new exercise trick that I will make an attempt at. Overall it was a fun read.
Wanda
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Take It Off is a true story written by two strippers experience in the business. They tell all about the business, some things will surprise you, other may not.
I found it enlightening and interesting to read this from a man view and from people in the business.

Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This hilarious biography by two of Ellora’s Cave cover models gives the details on the male stripper industry. Some of the details from these two are too much and not enough.

The rest of this review is posted at http://bsreviewers.blogspot.com
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Lust (Three Stages of Love, #1)
  • A Bad Boy is Good to Find
  • Dangerous Illusions (Dangerous #1)
  • Club Wonderland (Friends and Benefits, #2)
  • The Reluctant Countess
  • In a Cowboy's Bed
  • Cold Light
  • Her Husband's Lover (Scandalous Seductions, #5)
  • Sexual Persuasion
  • Caress (The Dining Club #6)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • In Our House: Perception Vs Reality
  • Saving Sydney
  • The Billionaire's Unwanted Virgin
  • In Session
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • Sleeping With Dogs and Other Lovers: A Second Acts Novel
  • Enslaved (Enslaved Trilogy, #1)