Start by marking “One Classic Latin Lover, Please” as Want to Read:
One Classic Latin Lover, Please

One Classic Latin Lover, Please

Tierney’s smile broadened as she read the front of the card aloud. “A special day demands a special gift…a gift sent with loving intent. Therefore, for you on your special day, I present to you…” Tierney paused long enough to open the card and then read, “One Classic Latin Lover with a very special message. I love you, baby sister. Alec.”

As fast as she could, Tierney tore
Published January 25th 2013 by Distractions Ink (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Classic Latin Lover, Please, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Classic Latin Lover, Please

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I’ve been in a reading slump lately and thought I’d turn to an old favorite to help me out. This is a charming little story. I appreciate that Ms. McClure always writes lighthearted, happy books. She writes about good, moral, happy people. I feel like I can relate easily to her characters because they just seem so normal. Sure, there is sometimes some mild drama, but the characters are just the kind of people you’d want in your life.
So, our heroine Tierney really learns some great life lessons
Stacey Hall
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy howdy! Another fabulous book written by an amazing author. I loved this book from beginning to end, and it is up there in my top favorites! Amazing characters that you just felt were like your best friends. Rome Novak was as delicious as a Rome apple!
Rome and Tierney had such a great chemistry and friendship which I love and feel is so important. Very well written and I loved all of the holiday fun throughout the book. The songs and movies were all ones that I love and made the story eve
Katie W
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tierney seems to be looking for an excuse to call off her wedding and when her brother's friend surprises her, she does just that.

Of course I loved it!!! I loved the relationship that Tierney had with her brother, Alec and the relationship that Rome had with his sister, Celeste. And I loved the flirty banter between Rome and Tierney.

Content: some language and some kissing.
Kathy
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
I'm sure my reviews are completely biased when it comes to Marcia Lynn McClure. I absolute adore her and everything she has written. Her books are pure guilty pleasure reads for me. I love the kissing and swooning and old fashioned values the permeate all her books. When I read I see Marcia and get to know her better through her books as she pours a part of herself in to each and every one of them.

Again my only complaint with this one was that it ended too soon. I can never get enough of Marcia'
Jessie
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
The eBook also came with The Chimney Sweep Charm. I was pleasantly surprised to get "two books for the price of one!" Both were delightful!

October 14:
After rereading this book half a dozen times, I still love it. I love Rome and Tierney as a couple. I also loved Rome's sister Celeste and the funny things she would say. For those wondering what One Classic Latin Lover Please is about: it's about a girl underneath her mom's social thumb, about to marry the wrong guy to please her parents, until he
Emily
Dec 2018: Still love a good Marcia fix! Such a cute romantic read! Can I get a Latin Lover too, please?! 😍

Pure. Guilty. Pleasure. Wow! This book was so good! I loved Tierney, her love of 50s movies, her fantasies, all of it! This book got me scouring my TV guide for Ricardo Montalban movies! *sigh* Rome was just dreamy and Latin so.... Yeah! And Marcia's legendary kissing scenes! I just loved it. Was there much substance? Not really. It's pure fluff. But it made me smile, it made me laugh, and
Kristina
Rating: 4 stars.

I was in the mood for a light-hearted romance today and I certainly found one in this book. I read it in one day and unabashedly giggled, blushed, and sighed the whole time I was reading it. This author's books have that affect on me. I love them. They are pure entertainment and a wonderful escape.

Tierney O'Brien led a privileged life but deep down she was unhappy. Her parents socialized in elite circles but were not very affectionate towards Tierney and her brother. She became e
Sandy
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I have an insane love for Marcia McClure's books (like, the day I discovered Visions of Ransom Lake was one of the best days of my life because it introduced me to this treasure trove of Marcia romances) so I hate giving one of them three stars. However, her contemporary romances just aren't for me. I mean, this is the woman that brought us Crimson Frost, Shackles of Honor, and the Highwayman of Tanglewood! Those are swoony, sweet romance at its absolute very best. The cheese works in the histor ...more
Nellie
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, I ran into this by accidently on Goodreads! I love McClure!!! Loved this book! Enjoyed looking up every reference she listed in the book, and thoroughly loved the story! Tierneys brothers send a surprise to her bridal shower, and shen she unwrapped "One Latin Lover", a real man, her world is rocked! I loved how romantic this story was! So sweet and clean!!! I think I have read all McCLures books now!!! Unless I run into more surprises!Loved it!!!A couple light cuss words, but I guess ...more
Natalie
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once again Marcia Lynn McClure has written a "dessert book." There is a short list of authors I can go to when I need a light book to make me laugh and feel good. Marcia is on that list. This book was cute and sweet with fun characters. The romance was nice with just the right "steamy" level. I love it that I've found an author who knows how to keep a book clean yet romantic! The Author's note at the end was very interesting. Once again I'm glad I read this one. Totally worth buying the ebook!
C.
Ummm, YUM! Sweet, fun, lots of knee-weakening kisses, and a great cast of well developed characters, most of whom you will adore! Also love the epilogue, and Marcia's personal words at the end of the book, about listening to our red flags, since there is one creep in the book(don't worry, not either of the two leading men).
Teya Peck
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait till my book get here to read this!!!!! So Excited! Finally! Yes, I've started it and totally hooked all ready!
Gripping from the start! Can I just say I LOVE MARCIA! I just fall in love all over again each time I read one of her books. This one is delicious, DELICIOUS!! Yes I skipped over a word a couple of times, which doesn't happen very often with her books. Once or twice though I wanted to say it myself. I like the beating of the bad guy that was the best if not for my own perso
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-i-own
If you love a good romance with plenty of kissing and sizzle, Marcia McClure is your woman. This book had all that and more. It was a super pleasure read for me and I really enjoyed it. Sometimes in books we have to wait forever for that one perfect toe curling kiss. I love when a book starts out that way within the first chapter and keeps going from there. ;) This was one fun book.

This book had some mild swearing.
Deborah
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just never regret reading a McClure book. This one was cute and a little "steamy" at parts. I thought the storyline was fun and I liked the fact that it turned out so well for EVERYONE in the end. This wasn't one of my favorite favorite McClure books, because I just like a little more tention. But, this was still a good read and I truly enjoyed the distraction. Thank you, Kath! What ever would I do with out you?
Kristen
Oct 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Hmmm, I don't know what to do about this one. It wasn't as clean as her other ones. I enjoyed majority of the story line, and the characters, but there was too much un-cleanish content for me to really enjoy it.

Moral Note: Language - More than a few of each - hecks, dangs, son of a motherless goats, cut off "s" word. Talk of strippers, attempted rape, mild talk of groping. Some very passionate kisses, one on a bed, and one in a hot tub.
Chelsea Raadgep
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh!! This book makes me want my brother to deliver my very own Latin lover to me! I couldn't get enough of this book. It was full of endless humor, constant teasing, and everlasting romance! I enjoyed this book so much! It made me smile the whole time! I even look at snow plow trucks differently now! Hahaha!! Thanks Marcia for another great romantic getaway inside a wonderful story!
Angie Cornelison
I love Marcia's books. Whenever I need to escape...it's one of her books I pick up. I liked this book. I wish it had been longer.
Haley
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved another one of Marcia's books- I'm not surprised!
Caron Pescatore
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dude! I so liked this book! It's almost embarrassing how much I liked it. I say that because the book is totally YA and I'm a mature woman in my 30's--OK my 40's dammit! LOL The characters giggle a lot--I mean even the hero, Rome's, mother giggles for crissake! Then Rome and Alec--the heroine's beloved older brother--constantly call each other dude, bro, and use other stereotypical "California Speak" even though they live in a small town in Washington State. Nevertheless, despite all the juvenil ...more
Cheryl Mclaws
Dec 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
I really hate giving bad reviews (especially around the holidays) because I know how much heart & soul (not to mention blood, sweat, and tears) goes into writing a book and presenting it to the world. So...I'll try to be gentle with this, while still being honest.

I've been an MLM fan for years but, lately, it seems like her writing has really gone down hill. The repetition and ridiculous (and constant) gushing of the heroine in this book really turned me off. Every two pages, it seemed, we w
Suzana
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
I think this will be the last book I read of hers. I'm puzzled how a good author gets worse instead of better the more they write. More swearing and worse than the last one - disappointing! It's frustrating to try to read a book with duel descriptions per page of a character or the scenery, mostly about the hero. I found myself rolling my eyes, both mentally and physically, because how many times are you going to describe him exactly the same. I got it the first time! And how many times are you ...more
Michelle
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dead brain cell rating.
I debated about whether or not to list that I've read this book. I usually find romance novels unrealistic and not very well written. It's a simple, predictable chick-flick book. That said, it was fun. Predictable? Yes. Unrealistic? Yes. Fun? Yes. A clean romance? Absolutely!

Several months after my initial review I came back and revised my rating from four to five stars. I still agree with everything I wrote above. But this book was just fun, and I have thought on it again
Julie
Oct 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
ok, I have been a fan of the earlier works, but latley Marcia's books have been a little annoying. This book seemed undeveloped, incomplete, and very juvenile. I swear everytime I had to read AGAIN about the dumb guy stepping out of the stupid box I would cringe and groan. What I thought was a cute part of the story quickly turned into a part that I wished had never happend at all because of the many times I had to hear about it. It was unnecessary. It felt like scenes were randomly thrown in an ...more
Melody
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read this book on an airplane to kill time, best flight ever! I had only 12 pages left when I had to power down my Kindle- that was the only bummer to reading this! :)
I adored this book, but then again, not a shocker there at all! Would give all Marcia's books 11 stars if I could! ;) Marcia's books always make me laugh, smile, swoon, and desperately wish to be in the story! Kind of fun to laugh out loud on an airplane too, hehe.
Loved Rome's family, reminded me so much of my own! I loved the br
Nichole Burklund
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To be honest the name didn't catch me at first because my husband is definitely not Latin (Swedish) and I seem to picture him often as I read your books but I was quickly into the book and absolutely loved it!Yes my husband could fit the profile of a Latin lover! :) Thanks again Marcia for another great romance!
Kimberly Krey
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this read as much as I do MLM's other romances. I'm someone who usually prefers her historical over contemporary, but this was so much fun with the 80s references, including Milli Vanilli and the ever famous NCMOS! LOL I loved One Classic Latin Lover, Please, and will definitely read it again sometime!
Karen Phelps
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great

I liked the characters in this book.I thought it was fun to read. The book was upbeat and entertaining. The kids bond with their father once again since they left their parents. I liked the romance between the brothers and sisters of both friends.
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was not my favorite MLM. It seemed pretty slow, most of it focusing on the main characters inability to trust. An ok read, but not one I have to own. BUT, it did come with "The Chimney Sweep Charm" as a bonus book. I really enjoyed that one!
M.
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I needed something to cheer me up and this book was just the ticket! I love Marcia's characters and that they are quirky and different from the norm.
Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
3.5 stars! Hooray it finally came! I've been waiting for this one for awhile! Was it super cheesy? Of course! Do I love that? YES! :-)
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Heart's Warrior (Medieval Romance Trilogy #1)
  • My Sweetheart (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #3)
  • All I Want
  • Blind Sided
  • She Owns the Knight
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer Wedding Collection
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch, #1)
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • A Longtime -and at one point illegal- Crush
  • Masquerade
  • Third Time's the Charm (Aliso Creek #2)
  • The Rejected Suitor (Clearbrook Regency, #1)
  • The Pirate's Desire
  • Within the Dark Hills
  • Working it Out
  • Minor Adjustments
  • Illuminations of the Heart (Poitevin Hearts, #2)
  • The Promise (The Lady Quill Chronicles, #1)
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more