Start by marking “In the Shadow of Stone” as Want to Read:
In the Shadow of Stone

In the Shadow of Stone

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
What would you do if you discovered that the people you trust the most are liars? That’s what Jack Fontaine confronts in this gripping novel described as “amazingly suspenseful and romantic with something unexpected at every turn”.

Jack Fontaine is summoned to the deathbed of his sister. She asks him to keep the DVD she's made for her only daughter, Jenna, safe and hidden u
Published July 28th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 18th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about In the Shadow of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Shadow of Stone

Ajax1978
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable with some twists that were definitely unexpected and in one case, a little unwelcome. I had hopes that one character would get his redemption but turns out, maybe his redemption came in death? I will absolutely buy Kaufman's other book after reading this one, and hope that he writes more. Some authors seem to have a little factory, turning out book after (mediocre) book. Yet I come across a book I really enjoy and there's only one other by the author. Boo hiss!
GymGuy
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a rather well-constructed story. Lots of ins-and-outs. It just wasn't my kind of story. I'm rather down on stories that revolve around homophobia. I'm also kind of negative on stories that dwell on evil and/or weak people. While it was well written, it just wasn't my kind of read.
Dreamer
Dec 27, 2012 marked it as to-read-under-50-ratings  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, m-m
Free today 27th Dec 2012 on Amazon.co.uk
Caro
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I first got acquainted with Rob Kaufman's work when I read his other novel, One Last Lie, which was brilliant and heartbreaking.
I wanted to wait with reading this book fr two reasons: the first was that I was afraid I wouldn't like In the Shadow of Stone nearly as much as One Last Lie and feel disappointed over it, and the second was that I didn't want the book to be equally great and thus sentence me to a long period of waiting till the next piece of work by Kaufman would be published. It turns
Bianca
Nov 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
What a great story!!! Totally unpredictable and like nothing else I've ever read. It's one of those books that keeps you turning the pages because you can't figure out what's going to happen next, but you NEED TO KNOW. Excellent read from this first time author. I read he's working on another one. Stay tuned!
Dan
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Also available in Kindle format This is another great book by Rob Kaufman. Twists and turns, love and deception make it a book you won't want to put down.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
I can't figure out why but I did not like this book. It just rubbed me the wrong way.
Kelleyann
Nov 18, 2013
Paul
Jun 08, 2016
Nigel
Sep 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
As a child, Rob was always fascinated by the stories recited by those around him and the words used to tell them. As he got older, his need to tell his own stories grew, as did his ability to share them in exciting and captivating ways.

However, he wanted to share more than just stories. His primary desire was to create characters with whom people could relate, while at the same time bringing them
More about Rob Kaufman...