Start by marking “The Will To Win: Leading, Competing, Succeeding” as Want to Read:
The Will To Win: Leading, Competing, Succeeding

The Will To Win: Leading, Competing, Succeeding

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  140 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
In his bestselling business book Driven, Robert Herjavec, the co-star of CTV’s Shark Tank and former co-star of CBC’s Dragons’ Den, urged his readers to embrace risk, take control of their lives and stay true to their visions. Now, Herjavec pushes his readers even further toward greatness.

Known for his honesty, integrity and powers of persuasion, Herjavec never fails to re
Published April 23rd 2013 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published April 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Will To Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Will To Win

Sandesh Atyam
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Its basically a compilation of short chapters with focus on various topics on business management and he manages to blend in what he's learned for a general application in life.
Sometimes its the other way round where he learns something from an experience or a person and applies it to business.

I haven't read his first book 'Driven', so I cannot say if its an extension of his previous publication.
The latter half of the book can be described solely as his personal experiences. The topics range fro
Leonidas Kaplan
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE WILL TO WIN: LEADING, COMPETING, SUCCEEDING.
Robert Herjavec

Similar to Kevin O'leary's almost all-encompassing book on how to get by life, Robert reveals his business, relationship, and life advice.

Robert is a bit more homely and humble than Kevin, yet his advice is just as relevant. From starting a business, to pursuing your hobbies, to dealing with employees, and enjoying the celebrity lifestyle.

We learn a bit about Roberts exodus from Dragons den (I never knew he left), and the perks he ga
Chris
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A collection of many, short stories explaining his ideas and philosophies. inspirational and lots of business wisdom.
Fred S
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read the The will to win by Robert herjavec and let me tell you that it was one of the most interesting,most informational book I have ever read! This book has a profound effect on your work because it motivates you to do more.The book was about his life story and how he came here from Croatia to canada with only 25$ between his whole family.It also explains how to run a buissness from the beginning and he gives you life lessons throughout the book.
This book made me think about what will I d
Crystal Gao
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I like it. Support my fellow canadian and a fellow immigrant. Granted it is not the most original book, but as inspiring as any others I've read. I did pick up a few good points, like if you want to hire competitive people, everything else being equal, pick those who play competitive sports. Also I am very impressed by what Robert Herjavec says about putting his children through competitive sports training as a way of drilling into their head that nothing worthwhile comes easy. The fact that Mr. ...more
Andrew
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Robert Harjavec's second book (his first Driven is a long-standing bestseller is really readable, but not unique. Built around short chapters on entrepreneurship, management, and business common sense, there are lots of anecdotes. These reveal Herjavec failing to shrug his Mr. Nice Guy personality. For all Herjavec's business savvy and ultra-competitiveness, his stories of immigrant life to Canada, family, and willingness to put money second just make you like him. So when you read business advi ...more
Jiny S
I can't help but compare this book to the more well known Kevin O'Leary's Cold Hard Truth. If you are expecting something of that nature, then you are exactly right. They are from the same show and even the covers look similar. The authors are smiling at the reader while crossing their arms. The style of writing and advice given are almost indistinguishable.

This is not to say this wasn't a good book. In fact, it has some interesting stuff in it. The biggest theme of this book is you have to take
Amy Haydu
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Robert Herjavec is the key note speaker for Stream, my business, in a few days and I wanted to read his book before our event. I'm not going to make it to the convention, and since I read this book I'm even MORE sad that I'm not going. I LOVED Robert's point of view. I'm sure everyone else in our business will also respect and relate to him.

I particularly liked a quote that's on page 241 "Wealth gained by true entrepreneurs should be an incentive, an example of what it is possible to achieve th
Missie
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked chapter 29 best on pampering your strengths; automating and delegating your weaknesses. That was in my view worth millions in happiness and wealth. He spoke to me like no other person or book ever has. I finally 'got it'.
He has a lot to offer the world. Was amazed at how widely read he is; and how much of a student of life he is.
The chapters on sales (24-26) help you get over yourself already. :)
Jee
Aug 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I always liked Robert on Dragons Den and Shark Tank and admired his story and views. The book was an interesting, very light read, almost like if you had been just having a conversation with him and had written down anything he said. I wouldn't say that it stands, overall, as a monumental piece which everybody needs to read but it is full of little gems and also serves as a good show of a good-hearted individual who is successful in business.
Rathana Pen
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is mostly Robert's opinions and experiences of his journey to success. Other than that it's like most successful people's story. I think the stories are always similar because there is no secret to success. We all know what to do it's just that we stop ourselves (mentally, physically, emotionally) from doing what needs to be done. The rich have left hints/tips behind so that we may find our own way towards our success.
Mark
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Advice you've already heard, but from someone who started two steps behind and is now way ahead. What, exactly, is your excuse?

'The question "What's the difference between me and very wealthy and successful people?" is usually followed by "I work hard, I think I'm intelligent and I know I'm ambitious. So why can't I live in a big house and drive expensive cars and mingle with celebrities?"

No matter who asks this question, my answer always comes down to the same core: risk.'
Jeremy Daly
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Loved it! Despite some chapters having one or two key points that interlay in his stories it's a great read- I prefer more of a get to the point style but Robert has a very unique story and has a lot of great information in this book! Loved it.
Ben Gowler
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Some interesting insights, but this book focuses far too much on 'celebrity' and trying to convince the reader that it doesn't affect the way Robert lives. I would much rather have heard more gritty stories from failures and lessons learned than about his philosophy on failing.
Yuri Rosa
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good book, with some really interesting advice.
Logan
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Very inspiration and motivating. Great balance between life stories and how it is applied to life in general. Would love to meet Robert someday. Huge fan.
Roseclavet
Mar 19, 2015
Jocelyn
Aug 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Options for the Beginner and Beyond: Unlock the Opportunities and Minimize the Risks (Financial Times (Prentice Hall))
  • Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain: How I Went from Gang Member to Multimillionaire Entrepreneur
  • The Daily Trading Coach: 101 Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist
  • The Truth About Love: The Highs, the Lows, and How You Can Make It Last Forever
  • Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business
  • The Audience Revolution: The Smarter Way to Build a Business, Make a Difference, and Change the World
  • All the Money in the World: How the Forbes 400 Make--and Spend--Their Fortunes
  • Mobs, Messiahs, and Markets: Surviving the Public Spectacle in Finance and Politics
  • The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga
  • Adele: The Biography
  • No B.S. Wealth Attraction In The New Economy
  • Coach: The A. L. Williams Story
  • An American Hedge Fund; How I Made $2 Million as a Stock Market Operator & Created a Hedge Fund
  • 100 Ideas That Changed Architecture
  • Mach II With Your Hair On Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
  • The Ten Roads to Riches: The Ways the Wealthy Got There (and How You Can Too!)
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Struggle for Intimacy
Robert Herjavec is one of North America's most recognizable business leaders. A first generation immigrant, Robert, age 8, arrived in Halifax, Canada on a boat with his parents after escaping Communism in the former Yugoslavia. From delivering newspapers and waiting on tables, to launching a computer company from his basement, his unlimited dreams led him to experience the classic “rags to riches” ...more
More about Robert Herjavec...

“Thinking too much leads to paralysis by analysis. It's important to think things through, but many use thinking as a means of avoiding action.” 7 likes
“Someday' isn't a real day like Monday or Tuesday; it's just another word for 'never.” 4 likes