Start by marking “Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)

Undone

(Unraveling #1.5)

Before the accident. Before their universes collided. Before they fell in love.

Riveting and romantic, Undone: An Unraveling Novella contains three short stories set in the world of Unraveling, the first book in the gripping sci-fi duology by Elizabeth Norris.

Before Ben Michaels saved Janelle Tenner’s life, Janelle saved Ben when he stumbled through an interuniverse portal
Published March 5th 2013 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undone

Elizabeth Norris
Jan 08, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
UNDONE just went to copy edits so I've now read and reread and edited. It's is the (super close to) final version. I was a little apprehensive to write anything from a guy's POV, but it was much easier than I expected it to be. I'm excited to share Ben's story with everyone.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
"A lot of things have changed." From the way she said it, I knew the changes hadn't been good.

Uh, I'm glad someone said it. Because I felt like I'd been thrown into the future without warning.

What happened to a sweet little alternate PoV novella with a bunch of lovely Ben moments as he waxed poetic about Janelle? I was expecting more of this...
I touched the spot on the desk where her hair had been. Don't judge me.

Or perhaps some of this...
She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
My poor, POOR Ben.
The first part of Undone focuses on Ben’s life before Janelle. We see where he came from and how, and it all helps explain his unflinching loyalty to his two best friends, Eli and Reid. Ben spent so many years admiring Janelle from afar, but even though he admitted as much in Unraveling, I never quite understood the importance of it until now. It was charming and a bit heartbreaking to learn how many times he wanted to approach her, talk to her, but could never quite gather th
Ari
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shorty
Loved it! Gimme mooooore!!!

It was so cute to see Ben crushing on our sweet girl when she didn't even notice him for an instant. And.. now I understand why did his friends hate her so much when they finally/officially met. ;))
Also, I always thought that life "home" was going to be different than what Ben hoped, but hey, I still wished for the best and I feel deeply for him now.

There is only one 'problem': the ending! In fact both of them... I'm confused and I can't wait to get my hands on the boo
Aqsa
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
EDITS:

5 fucking stars!

Ben Micheals, I LOVE YOU BABY.

..................................

From Liz's website! She also personally told me on twitter about the novella! :')

OH MY FUCK. :'D

IT'S FROM BEN'S PERSPECTIVE! <3 *spazzes* *dies*
Jovi
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THAT'S where Ms. Norris decide's to leave Ben's story? I can't even think right now.

Gah, okay. So the first two of the short stories were great. I loved seeing things from Ben's perspective. It just underlined everything we knew about him already, and even though I didn't think it possible, gave him infinitely more depth.

Moving on to the third short story that bridges the gap between Unraveling and Unbreakable.. for the most part it was interesting to learn how his family were and how everythin
Stacee
I thought it was really clever how it was broken down from before Unraveling, during Unraveling and after Unraveling. Loved all of the extra info we got from Ben's POV.

I adore that Janelle is in his thoughts almost constantly.

Oh, and it was beyond awesome having my name in the novella.
Nancy The book junkie
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Suzanne
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
Awesome.......I need Unbreakable now!
Jaime Arkin
I LOVE BEN!!

photo swooninggifpagespeedce2j5SagPOZK_zpsadfa4c47.gif

I mean really, what else is there to say after reading this?

Honestly though, I'll try to write you a review!

The setup for this novella is wonderful - it's all in Ben's point of view and you get "Before She Knew Me", "When I Saved Her", and "After I Left Her".

Each section really gives you some insight on Ben's thoughts and what is happening in his life at the time.

From the very beginning when he stalked watched and admired Janelle to the very second where Unbreakable picks up and
Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader)
:O

=(

:O

It’s strange how this little book elicited even more emotions from than its predecessor!!
Ok, so maybe I’m too naïve.. but I was hoping that Ben gets back to the world he left exactly like it was.. I even imagined he’ll go back to find only a couple of minutes gone by.. and that would be the worst of it!
But OMG! What a dramatic change! And I really should’ve thought about it! Should’ve at least predicted the relatively “normal” and expected changes!

It’s so sad.. but I can understand it.. It
Victoria
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this short story. It's broken into three parts.

First, the time before Ben meets J. Second, the moment the accident happens and third the time afterward.

I read these three stories after I'd finished the second book so I knew the explanation of the third story. My favorite of the three definitely is the second one because I'd always like to have known how Ben's POV would've been like. I think it's interesting to see how he falls in love with her and how he feels about things. I like it be
Julianna Helms
Nov 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
Bennnnnn. <3<3<3

that is all.
Elizabeth
May 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I loved Unraveling  when I listened to the audiobook a couple of weeks ago.  It was intense and fast-paced and everything I'm looking for in a good sci-fi novel:  a take-charge heroine, a compelling storyline, and a secondary cast of characters that deserve a storylilne of their own.  And with Elizabeth Norris' Undone, we get just that.

Ben was an awesome love interest for the seemingly fearless Janelle in the first book in this series.  And that's no less true with this novella.  But I knew the
Nicole Edwards
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
*Review also on AwesomeBookNuts.blogspot.com*

When I read Unraveling I really liked Ben. I thought I understood him and his friends and I liked him. In reading this novella, though, and getting a lot more backstory... I'm gonna be honest: I thought Ben got super creepy. He basically admits to stalking Janelle and obsessing over her and things she does. It got weird.

I did enjoy learning about what happened to the families of Ben and his two friends. Well, maybe not enjoy, exactly, but I like to kn
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

This was rather good. I enjoyed Ben's POV, he's not the most exciting of fellas but he's likeable and easy to root for. There's quite a bit actually covered in Undone — how Ben/Reid/Eli were torn away from their universe into a parallel one, Ben's guilt and need to help Reid/Eli go back home, Ben's powers and the consequences of using them, why Ben fell for Janelle, the effect she had on him, Ben's family, Ben's home and Ben/Eli's life once they returned home. It was all good
Lori McD
RECOMMENDED FOR: Fans of Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

This short story told from Ben's POV fills in some of the details from Unraveling and bridges the gap (again from Ben's POV) between Unraveling and Unbreakable.

Not only is it interesting to see things through Ben's eyes, but if you plan to read book 2, Unbreakable, I highly recommend you read this short first.

BiblioJen
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, read-on-kindle
Enjoyed this ... three short stories told from Ben's POV. I especially enjoyed the last story, which takes place after Unraveling and before Unbreakable. I am, by the way, very excited about Unbreakable now. :-) Well, still excited. You know.
Rayne
Holy sh**!
I adore this author because this woman never holds back. She fully commits and goes all out in every plot development in her stories, and it always ends up working marvelously. Exhilarating and thrilling, I can't wait to get to The next novel, even though it really sucks that it is the end.
Sarah (saz101)
Eeeeee! From Elizabeth's website:

"Three stories from Ben's perspective, one that takes place a year before Unraveling, one that takes place during Unraveling, and one that takes place between Unraveling and Unbreakable." [link]

Gimme gimme gimme!
Andrea Lira
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This has sated my obsession with getting UNBREAKABLE early.

Seeing Ben's POV has made me come to like his character a WHOLE LOT! Plus, we got to see what happened to him at the end of UNRAVELING.

Still cannot wait for UNBREAKABLE to come out!!!
Jen
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-pov, novella
So cool how it's broken down into before, during and after UNRAVELING and of course, it's BEN!
Erica Alyson
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! Have to start book 2 now!
Shelley
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, so good. This did not feel like a novella, but rather a continuation of an action-packed, emotionally driven story.
Sri
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GLOB
♥Rachel♥
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness! I'm terrified now!
Joyce
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a great novella! Really action pack. I felt so much of Ben's emotion; pain, grief, love. It was so heart whelming. The ending really got me excited in reading the next novel. I love Ben and Janelle so much. So glad there is a reunion.
Michele Porter
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked Unraveling and was looking forward to reading Unbreakable, but now I am not so sure. I didn’t really like the direction this was going at the end.
Nina
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's not a lot of good novellas, but this is one of the best.
  • Faceless (Denazen, #2.5)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Other Worlds
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Proxy (Avalon, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
Elizabeth Norris briefly taught high school English and history before trading the southern California beaches and sunshine for Manhattan's recent snowpocalyptic winter.

She harbors dangerous addictions to guacamole, red velvet cupcakes, sushi, and Argo Tea, fortunately not all together.

Her first novel, UNRAVELING (Balzer+Bray, April 2012), is the story of one girl’s fight to save her family, her w

Unraveling (2 books)
  • Unraveling (Unraveling, #1)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
“The pivotal moments in your life are always made up of smaller pieces, things that seemed insignificant at time, but in fact brought you to where you needed to be.” 18 likes
“Certain moments in my life are imprinted in me memory.
They're easy to recall with perfect clarity, whether I want to remember them or not. Any small thing can trigger them: a phrase, a smell, a thought. It brings everything back like I'm reliving that moment, a brief scene in the movie of my life, complete with how horrible I felt at the time. And I usually felt horrible in those moments that I want to forget that stick around.”
6 likes