Start by marking “Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson #5)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  26,437 Ratings  ·  2,526 Reviews
Never underestimate the power of a woman on a double espresso with a mocha latte chaser high.
- T-shirt

Charley Davidson isn't your everyday, run-of-the-mill grim reaper. She's more of a paranormal private eye/grim reaper extraordinaire. However, she gets sidetracked when the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, moves in next door. To further complicate matters, Reyes is

Audio CD, 8 pages
Published July 9th 2013 by Macmillan Audio

To ask other readers questions about Fifth Grave Past the Light, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cassandra I don't know if the book ever comes out and says it directly. It is however, very heavily implied. Kim almost completely confirms it when she denies…moreI don't know if the book ever comes out and says it directly. It is however, very heavily implied. Kim almost completely confirms it when she denies that she was raped and says that Earl preferred little boys. (less)

Elizabeth
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sneak Peek
 photo 553060_566587323372352_84887125_n_zps47db3ec0.jpg
He’d gone back to staring into his wine, to running his finger along the rim of his glass. The movement mesmerized me. Without breaking his gaze, he said, “Come here.”

–Fifth Grave Past the Light (July 2013)

photo 6f1fb64118d90fa430ed313725d76c2c_zps2cedf92f.jpg
His mouth sought mine, the contact rough, raw, and he drank me in as though my kiss were the only thing keeping him alive.
–Fifth Grave Past the Light (July 2013)

photo tumblr_mja55kLqlh1rm8k0po1_400_zps95fd2a82.gif
Yodamom

It all started with a key, a cheating man and a gun shot.

Charley, my book BFF has gotten into it again. She confronts a clients nasty husband, she is confronted by questions from the police, she's forced into therapy, her room is filled with blonds, she has a horrible life/death experience and Reyes is just down the hall in all his pure hot steamy sexyness. No, that is not all of it just the holy crisps parts for me. The best was of course Reyes just down the hall, va va voom ! The worst, the br
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
It's just another day in the crazy life of private eye ~ and grim reaper Charley Davidson as her apartment slowly fills up with dead blonde women. But it's never anything as simple as just a serial killer case for Charley...there's an arsonist that just may or may not be her sexy neighbor, Reyes, and a whacked out cheating husband that she has to set up!

Okay, so things never change with Charley. Yes, the case with the blonde women was really intriguing. I really enjoyed how everything set up. Th
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
"His mouth sought my ear. 'You would still feel pity for me?' He nipped at my earlobe. The small amount of pain caused a sharp spike of arousal. 'I am a monster, Dutch. A demon. Unworthy of you.'"

I previously claimed to hate erotica. Did I really mean that? Nooooooooo. Not when Reyes is involved. Give me more of that shit.

Saying Charley Davidson is an interesting character is saying Homer Simpson's a little bald, or Mr. Burns is a little evil. It's a wee bit of an understatement. Here, we have o
Bonnie
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars
A copy of Fifth Grave Past the Light was provided to me by St. Martin's Press for review purposes.

'The dead guy at the end of the bar kept trying to buy me a drink. Which figured. No one else was even taking a second look and I'd dressed to the nines.'

Charley Davidson is, as usual, up to her elbows in work and she's the only one equipped to handle it. Her apartment has suddenly been taken over by a few dozen ghostly blonde women who show no interest in passing, she almos
Samantha

I would sell my soul to Darynda Jones if it meant she wrote these books in half the time and promised not to stop. Never stop writing Jones, NEVER STOP.

Fifth Grave was just as good, if not better than the first four. I know I've expressed how much I love Charley and the gang before, but you guys, I feel like I can't even physically express how much I obsess about adore them!

Okay, so this maybe sums it up...

Ok, ok, I'm trying to rein it in, I promise!

Some things I loved about Fifth Grave Past
Jilly
Freaking men. It didn't matter what the problem was, they saw only three solutions to it: food, sex, war.

because if you don't, he might start a war

I love Charley! I can relate to all of her snark and some of her silliness. (Luckily, none of her almost-getting-killed, constantly-being-beat senseless.) She names everything - all of her body parts, car, furniture, even her shower (Hector). I have a pillow that I sleep with that I named Phil, so I get it. My husband is totally jealous of Phil. Wha
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
BREAKING NEWS: Reyes Alexander Farrow, the prodigal son of Satan and self-appointed protector of the grim reaper, one Ms. Charlotte Jean Davidson, has been seen laughing in public and showing all signs of an actual sense of humor. This unexpected display of real human emotions has caused an uproar in all of New Mexico. Female residents of Albuquerque have stopped all their activities and rushed to witness this miracle. Traffic has yet to return to normal.

Darlings, if you liked Reyes before no
Krystin Rachel
You guyssssssssssss, I love Charley! Sincerely, I have massive amounts of affection for her.

I wish she’d be my friend. We could get drinks together, gossip about people (both alive and dead), maybe smoke a little pot together in our pajamas and then pass out watching Rick & Morty.

She’s just honestly one of my favourite female characters.

And really, you don’t even need to read this series from the beginning to get into it, (but it does help.) You can jump in whenever and immediately know Char
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
Dear Charley,

We need to talk.

description

It's not you, it's me. I'm tired of every female out there drooling over Reyes and being reduced to a va-jay-jay every time he enters a room. I'm tired of former best friends who do their best to hurt you.

But most of all, my dear, I'm tired of you getting tortured over and over again. It feels that all Mrs. Jones thinks about are new and creative ways to hurt you physically. Don't get me wrong. I'm all in for a little tormenting, but I've been getting that lately wi
Ferdy
2.5 stars - Spoilers and Lots of Ranty Thoughts

I'm not sure how to rate this, I mostly liked it but I also had loads of issues with it. So for now, I'm giving it 2.5 stars. However, I may or may not change it to 3 stars once I'm not quite so pissed off.
I do think fans of Reyes, and the series in general will love Fifth Grave. Unfortunately for me, I LOATHE Reyes, and he was the main reason I wasn't impressed with Fifth Grave.

Random ranty thoughts:

-I couldn't take Charley and Reyes's relationshi
Rowing
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-time-fav
More Charley??? YESSSS!!!!
Photobucket
Julie
And that, folks, is how you perfectly write a cliffhanger. I'm so excited to read what Charley's response will be!

I'm on the fifth installment of this series, and I swear, I'm not exaggerating when I say that it just keeps getting better and better. When I read book 4, I thought to myself, "Oh, this book is the best in the series. Surely, nothing can top this." but then I read this one, and I was taken aback, because it was...much better.

The unconventional relationship between our female lead (
Christina
Yaaaayyy!! I hope there are TONS of this series, it's just so GOOD!!! As long as Charley & Reyes end up together & have a bunch of babies I'll be a happy camper!

UPDATE!!

EEEEEPPPPPPPP!!!! I may have to curse in order to express my emotions for this one. I FUCKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!! This is probably my favorite in the series just because of the progression in Charley's & Reyes' relationship. They are so fucking adorable together I can't handle it. I get giddy & giggle, smiling like
Mersina Seena
And now I need to wait 7 months and 28 days until the next installment. 240 days. 5760 hours. 20736000 seconds.

Not that I am counting or anything but that is totes BULLSHIT!

Photobucket
Abby
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I FINALLY got around to reading this .... all I have to say is ... HOLY EFFING HELL!!!!! My favorite one so far!!!!

He asked her to marry him! He frickin asked her to marry him!!!!!!! Gah!!! Now I gotta wait for the next one... Really?!?!? My only complaint is that the book wasn't long enough.... I need Sixth Grave like NOW....

I was also doin a lot of this throughout the book... ESPECIALLY during the end!!
 photo msc1fo_zps82eb8864.gif
*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~*
He handed me a glass of red wine. Another nicety I hadn’t expected.
“A toast?” he asked, raising his glass.
“What are we toasting?” I clinked our glasses together, then brought mine to my lips.
“The fact that a girl I know named Charley survived another day.”

I'll drink to that too. But before I do, I want to share my feelings with the world...

description

The number you have called if currently unavailable because the owner is lying dead on the floor due to too much fangirling and crying and generally going cra
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Title: Fifth Grave Past the Light (Book 5, Charley Davidson series).
Author: Darynda Jones
Published: June, 2013
Format: audiobook via www.audible.com
Narrated by: Lorelei King

Genre: Fiction, adult fiction, mystery, mystery-thriller, paranormal, fantasy, steamy-sexy scenes, adult themes/language/situations, murder mystery, crime, law enforcement, private investigator, female MC.
Read: (listened to) July 3-5, 2015

My goodreads rating: 4.5 "I'm addicted to this series" stars. (1-5 scale).

Brief remarks:

I
La
Feb 19, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-book-series
I've recently discovered this series and I'm so glad I got to read the four books in a row because, as much as I enjoy them, the snail pace at witch the story arc is developing is maddening.

From the blurb, it looks like the Reyes/Charley relationship is finally getting somewhere. I hope this will be accompanied by more focus on Charley's powers and her discovering what they actually are. Less tell, more show, please !

Oh, and on a totally shallow note, here is my fan-casting if this is ever mad
Carina
Is there anything left to say about this series/books that
hasn't been said before?
Ok, how about:

~If you haven't read these already, what are you waiting for??

~There are heaps of sarcasm and humor on all books.

~Most body parts and material possessions get named!

~The sexual tension(and release) is off the charts!

~The mysteries, plot, climax, discoveries, characters, etc. They're all so much more polished than in previous books. I've loved all books in this series, but this book is by far the best
Paige  Bookdragon
I swear, this series keeps on getting better and better.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
This was an intense story and loved every bit of it. I am really enjoying this series and need to get the next book :)
Learned a little more of Reyes but in the end who could say no to that gorgeous man. I know I wouldn't.
Mel
"HOT" sums it up best!!! I love this series and Fifth Grave Past the Light made me extremely happy. Darynda Jones rocks! The books keep getting better and better. I do not understand how she keeps topping herself but thanks DJ and keep them coming. ;)
hayden
Oct 03, 2012 marked it as own-it-to-read  ·  review of another edition

That is all.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Crap! You can't just end it like that! Now I have to read the next one as well. Damn, I want my own Reyes.
Rate: 2.5/3 *god I love Reyes* stars.
Jowanna
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, my mind is a puddle of mud right now. This is the best book yet, and I don't say that lightly. I'll not go over and try to rewrite the blurb and try to fancy it up with my own words. I will say it is pact full of more suspense and definitely MORE dead people with mysteries to be solved. I love Reyes even more now than I had in the past (if that was even possible) OMG, this man/being is sexier then the hell he was forged from. The writing is superbly Darynda. Wit, sas, sex;it's all back ...more
Jessica
Selling my soul was definitely worth it ;-)

*******************************************
I'd sell my soul for this one.

I'm not kidding.
Milena
Ništa osim seksa u ovom delu. Previše za mene. Možda se nekad vratim ovom serijalu, ali za sada me više ne zanima.
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
  • Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #6)
  • The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier. As a born storyteller, she grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike. She currently has two series with St. Martin's Press, the Charley Davids ...more
More about Darynda Jones

Charley Davidson (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
  • The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld #12)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Lady Bridget's Diary (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #1)
  • What to Say Next
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Map of the Heart
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • The Memory Book
  • Holding Up the Universe
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Tear Us Apart (Never, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden (Old West #1)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Locked in Temptation (The Protectors #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • If There's No Tomorrow
  • The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily
  • Words in Deep Blue
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)
  • Secrets of the Tulip Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Any Dream Will Do
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beard Made Me Do It (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC #5)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)
“My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.” 216 likes
“How would you like your eggs?"

I tried. I really did. But I glanced at his crotch and it came out anyway. "Fertilized?”
202 likes