Start by marking “After the Ball (Beau Rivage, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
After the Ball (Beau Rivage, #1.5)

After the Ball

(Beau Rivage #1.5)

"After the Ball" is a short story set in Beau Rivage, a city where fairy tales come to life, and ancient stories are played out again and again. You can read more about the cursed fairy-tale characters of Beau Rivage in my novel Kill Me Softly.
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about After the Ball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Ball

Start your review of After the Ball (Beau Rivage, #1.5)
This was actually a pretty cute story about a cinderella who's not actually ready to marry the prince she barely knows, and I have to say that I liked this one a lot more than Kill Me Softly. This girl had a brain, she had a plan, and she was determined to get what she wanted. Much better!
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
I really wish there would be another Beau Rivage story soon!
Alicia
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stefanie
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I always enjoy fairytale retellings but there were a few things I didn't like about this one compared to some other retellings I've read. However this was still a really good short story and I'm glad I read it; its always interesting to see what authors choose to change and keep from the original. I'm just not sure about the name choice of Dusty and Lorelai, however I did really enjoy the godmother's attitude (if you want to call it that).
Louisa
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Loved reading this story again! How Dusty (Celeste) didn't want to be Cinderella, and yeah, so great to read!

*First read March 4th, 2015*
Great Cinderella retelling! Really great, Dusty and Max were awesome! Can't wait to read more!
Princess Debz
A very real and rather enjoyable take on Cinderella set in the town of Beau Rivage. I don't know about you, but I'd love a series of short stories set in Beau Rivage!

Full-ish review to come...
Dyna Clarisse
Apr 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
im pretty sure there was no story in this short story.. it was just- short
Madison
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Adorable short story
-k The Lady Critic
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, need-more
Super cute, fast, and a great take on the classic Cinderella. No Disney renditions here.
Patrianne
Apr 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
What the hell?
Nicola
Oct 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Sweet and creative short story from Sarah Cross' website. Loved that Cinderella was renamed Dusty!
Anna
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: grad-school
Reading Wolf
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fairytales

Back in May 2012, I picked up Sarah Cross' Kill Me Softly from my local library.

Kill Me Softly was about a girl named Mira who runs away to the town of her birth. That town just happens to be inhabited by people from fairytales. I enjoyed that story well enough and rated it 3 stars on GR. (See Review)

While looking through books I have read in the past year, I came upon Kill Me Softly. And I wondered what else Sarah Cross had written. Then I discovered this short story related to Kill Me Softly

Tiffany (About to Read)
I love reading Sarah Cross Beau Rivage stories. Whether they're full length novels (check out my reviews of Kill Me Softly and Tear You Apart ) or short stories. "After the Ball" was a great retelling of Cinderella and incorporated a lot of the elements from the traditional fairy tale.

I loved how Dusty (our Cinderella) tried to get rid of the prince because she didnt really get to know him at the ball and she was very sympathetic to her unkind stepsister and tried to spare her from the wrath
Bara
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3,8*

A short story about a Cinderella who doesn't feel like pulling a Happilly Ever After weding just yet.
It has certain erotic undertones without having any actual sex scene in it. And there is one yandere fairy Godmother. When fairy think about the olden traditional infamous fairyfolk. This ISN't Disney.

Claire
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013, novellas
This wasn't too bad! I am glad I read this after having read Kill Me Softly, I feel like it gave me a better idea about these people trying to fight their fate. I liked Dusty, I thought she was pretty cool!
Caroline
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Like all of her other stories, this one was adorable and unique. I love her modern take on fairy tales and the princess challenge of "happily ever after."I also liked that this short story was on characters we see briefly in Tear You Apart, so we see their back story.
Katie Hefele
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: great-retellings
Super cute, I just wish it was a full length novel. I would totally read that.
Kayla
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Excellent addition to Beau Rivage Cursed collection

Free to read at the author's website

*3.5 stars*
Chasity
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-favorites
So cute! I loved it. I can't wait to read "Tear You Apart." Man, I want to go live in Beau Rivage
Re̶i̶g̶n̶ Warner [Last Words for The Rogue Bookwolf]
Denial and hatred. A way too different for a Cinderella story. Perhaps, I like it that way. One cannot simply push away happy ever after at all if it's fated.
Amber
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5
Cute!
Kira Simion
Jan 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
That chandelier with no font is not a cover.
Morgan
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AFTER THE BALL, was a sweet short story that proves that the fairytale books don't always have to be followed word for word for there to be a happy ending.
Carrie
LizC
Sep 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Scent Keeper
  • The Vanishing Season (The Collector, #4)
  • Ex-wife
  • The Paper Wasp
  • Donna Has Left the Building
  • Lost Lake (Lost Lake, #1)
  • Ash
  • The Sugar Queen
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon
  • The Peach Keeper
  • The Summer Country
  • First Frost (Waverley Family, #2)
  • Garden Spells (Waverley Family, #1)
  • Lost Children Archive
  • Rez Life: An Indian's Journey Through Reservation Life
  • The Library of Fates
  • The Chelsea Girls
  • The Real Wallis Simpson: A New History of the American Divorcée Who Became the Duchess of Windsor

Beau Rivage (3 books)
  • Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage, #1)
  • Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2)
  • Three Nights, Twelve Princesses, One Curse (Beau Rivage, #2.5)