Start by marking “Rough Harbor (Queensbay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rough Harbor (Queensbay, #2)

Rough Harbor (Queensbay, #2)

Author is now published as "Drea Stein".

After a bitter break up and professional set back in London, twenty seven year old Caitlyn has returned to Queensbay to work for Maxwell Randall, an old family friend. So far, bit by bit, Caitlyn’s been rebuilding all she lost after her ex fiance broke her heart …and tried to ruin her professional reputation.
But her
Mass Market Paperback, 286 pages
Published October 10th 2012 by GirlMogul (first published September 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rough Harbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Harbor

Start your review of Rough Harbor (Queensbay, #2)
Andrea Stein
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved writing this book and hope you enjoy reading it. I call this one a romance with a twist...
Jaclyn Lander
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

another great book by drea Stein. I can't seem to put the book down I just want to see what is going to happen next. going to star book 3 tomorrow. and I can't wait
Dee
Two-haiku review:

His father falls, dies
He comes back, sees her again
History repeats

Different mood than first
Darker and more suspenseful
Needed editing
Barb
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Caitlyn Montgomery had no where left to go…but home to Queensbay. Noah Randall wanted nothing more to do with that town – or the girl who broke his heart all those years ago. But when a sudden death brings them together will Caitlyn and Noah act on their growing attraction…or will they let the sins of their fathers’ tear them apart?
There were so many bad characters in this book, it made it very easy to love the good guys. But then
you weren't really sure 'who' the good guys were! Very good
Ann
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense
3.0 . Decent enough suspense, although there were vague spots when I wasn't entirely sure I understood what went or before or exactly what was going on in detail in the present day. More suspense than romance and not much development between the H/h for a believable romantic connection or re-connection.
Jeanette Hornby
An interesting story full of suspense and intrigue that was centred around a past love. I liked the characters and the way the author built up each scene. A recommended read.
Amy Lynn
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
cute 2nd chance romance!
Feb 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

I'm not really sure what it is I like so much about Andrea Stein's books. Rough Harbor might be my least favorite of the three books I have read, but I still enjoyed it. It is more about what is happening at work and what happened in the past and such rather than the love story. The love story is there for sure, but there are other main story lines. Sometimes I wasn't quite sure what was happening, but it all works out.

Caitlyn left London after a bad break up with
Rosalee
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Caitlin returns to her home in Queensbay, a future she tried to avoid, working for her grandfather's partner in his investment firm. The reasons for her return are both personal and professional, with Michael and memories of his possessiveness and deceit haunting her, even in her new position. Her new start is threatened when she finds Maxwell, the man who mentored and hired her when she had no place to go, dead, apparently from an accident.

Caitlin and her day-to-day boss are at odds
Natalie
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta, owned
Excellent intelligent story. Loved the story line and the cast. Something for everyone. Love mystery suspense I received this book to review. I probably wouldn't have bought it looking at the cover. The name & the cover didn't intrigue me but the story line did. I need to look a bit further in my book selections rather than judging by a cover or a name. Anyway, I was blown away by this book. I loved how deep the characters flowed & I also loved the fact that is had everything, romance, s ...more
James Sorensen
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Disclaimer: I won this book as part of the Goodreads first-read program.

Caitlyn Montgomery has returned home to her childhood home in Queensbay, Conn. She has been hired by her late Grandfather's business partner to help rebuild the failing company. But something is not right at the financial management firm. Money is missing ans her Grandfather's suicide may not be what it appeared to be. Plus and a old boyfriend from her teenage years has rekindled a spark. When Maxwell Randell, Gr
Saicel
May 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Caitlyn Montgomery has come home to work in Queensbay Financial Agency. Unknown to Caitlyn there are problems at the agency & where she previously lived London she has broken an engagement to a total cheating man but, she is also running from rumors that could destroy her life & the life she want to build.

Along come Noah Randall a old boyfriend from a summer romanace 10 years earlier. Noah has come back after his father Maxwell Randall is found dead. Oh yeah Maxwell was Caitlyn boss.

Gr
Marissa
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Who knew that an investment firm could be so intriguing. Murders, affairs, theft, a childhood romance turned rekindled flame. Oh and let's not forget a creepy ex-fiance turned stalker. The characters in this book were so incredibly amusing that once I started reading I couldn't put the book down. There's so much depth it's hard to pick a favorite subject to rave about. Although, as a side note, I would LOVE to see Maxwell's house in person. It sounds like a delightfully amusing hot mess of archi ...more
Jo-Anne
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

I really enjoyed reading Rough Harbor. The main characters were very detailed and there was a good description of the history of their involvement.

It is perfectly balanced with Noah and Caitlyn's romance being extremely intertwined with the mysterious trouble of the firm.

I do think the sex scenes were out of place in his story. They were so descriptive that they just didn't seem to flow with the rest of the book.

Rough
Dawn Macintosh-felhaber
I really enjoyed reading Rough Harbor. There was many twists that kept me guessing who was behind everything. The main characters were very detailed, with a good history of their involvement. The plot revolved around past and present and was good at explaining how different characters interacted with each other. The romantic story line was well written, done with a good build up to always keep me wondering if they would have their happy ever after. This was defiantly a feel good mystery/romance. ...more
Jocelyn
Not as good as the first book... I could have sworn that in the first book Dinner for Two it was joked around that Caitlyn couldn't cook worth a damn hence the scene where Darby came over to her house and cooked them dinner while Caitlyn watched... then all of a sudden she can cook and has taken classes at some point...

And there were a bunch of baddies running around.. psycho ex... shady business co workers etc... it took a while for the author to get to any sort of suspense... but it was ok...
Lauren Patterson
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I actually really enjoyed this book ! I received it as part of a GoodReads First Read win and loved all of the suspense, betrayal, romance and intrigue that came along with every character! It is perfectly balanced with Noah and Caitlyn's romance being extremely intertwined with the mysterious trouble of the law firm! It definitely kept my attention and i would suggest it to other fellow readers.
Passion 4 Books
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of Drea Stein's books that I have read. I will certainly be looking into her other works. This had just the right amount of romance along with a little steam. I really enjoyed the mystery weaved into the romance reunion. The characters were well developed and the story was written/edited very well.

I would recommend this book to those who like mystery romance stories.
Donna
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I found Caitlyn and Noah a great match. I was sad to see that Darby and Sean didn't make an appearance as she and Caitlyn were close in Dinner for Two. I enjoyed the mystrey behind Caitlyn abdul she was a rich girl but kept it to herself. They have great chemistry and hope were them again!
Rose
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I won Rough Harbor through the goodreads giveaways.

This book is a definite must read for anyone who likes a good romance mystery novel. I never knew an investment firm storyline could be so exciting. The twists and turns throughout the plot kept the reader captivated. I am looking forward to reading more books written by this author.
Penney
I have no idea if this book was self published, but if there was an editor involved he/she needs to be fired. The inconsistencies (among many other things) made this painful to read and difficult to finish.
Andrea Stein
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I had a lot of fun writing this book - hope you love it.
GC
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Seriously.....too much drama. Liked some of it though
Lindsay
Oct 10, 2012 marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 10/10/2012
Shannon Davison
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading this book. It only took me 5 hours to read it as I just couldn't put it down. I would gladly read more Andrea Stein books.
Martine
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a bad read. A romantic thriller. Not anywhere along the lines of Elizabeth Lowell, but an enjoyable read.
Jennifer Kinsey
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. This was a story of true love that stood the test of time. My only complaint is I feel like it was to drawn out. It took a while to get to the heart of the story.
Chris Brandstatter
Great new series!! Highly recommend!
Leslie M. Bennett
Sep 07, 2014
Dee
Feb 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Ivy House (Queensbay, #3)