Start by marking “Dance With A Gunfighter” as Want to Read:
Dance With A Gunfighter

Dance With A Gunfighter

Gabriella Devere wants vengeance. She grows up quickly when she witnesses the murder of her family by a gang of outlaws, and vows to make them pay for their crime. When the law won't help her, she takes matters into her own hands. Jess McLowry left his war-torn Southern home to head West, where he hired out his gun. When he learns what happened to Gabriella's family, and w ...more
Kindle Edition, Second, 309 pages
Published September 10th 2012 by Quail Hill Publishing (first published November 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dance With A Gunfighter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance With A Gunfighter

Ardy Mattox
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dance with a gunfighter was super!

I was glad this developed into a good story with fun people and evil bad guys and it all ended well.
Angela
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
PDF via author for honest review

Years ago Jess McLowry found an angry and hurt young girl named Gabriella "Gabe" outside a town dance. He thought her to be spunky, outgoing, pretty, and very young and wrong for a man like him, a hired gun. She was told by her Pa to stay clear of him and he was glad, as she made him feel things for her that were not right for him to feel. When he left he never forgot that spunky young girl who was anything but a "proper" lady, but he assumed he would never see he
T.L. Cooper
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm fairly certain Dance with a Gunfighter by Joanne Pence is the first western I've ever read. I'm not sure what I expected, but reading it reminded me why I hate genre labels... I would've missed this gem simply because it's a western if I hadn't been asked to review it. Pence drops the reader in the middle of an Old West desert landscape complete with throats parched from thirst, pounding heat from the sun, and cold nights. When Gabe and McLowry meet at a town dance, they never expect to see ...more
Suzanne Williams
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sweeping nature of this novel and the fabulous descriptions of the Old West are what drew me into the story. Never has a setting more captivated me than it did in this book. I could see it all, the desert, the wild towns. The plot was well-developed and continued from the first page to the last non-stop. There were some head-hopping issues, jumping from Gabe's POV to Jess's. And I had an issue for some reason with her description. I just could not wrap my head around her being a skinny tombo ...more
Jade Varden
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dance With a Gunfighter introduces readers to two characters who seem to be complete opposites. One is a young, sweet girl, age 16, at a town dance. The other is a war-hardened gunfighter, like a real one because this all takes place in the Old West. But despite being such dissimilar creatures, something draws each one to the other. They share a magical dance together to create the title of the book...and the rest of the drama that follows.

What follows is action, surrounded by several sweet scen
LadyCalico
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely wonderful book! Sadly, this one sat on my Kindle a long time because it appeared to be just another silly Western bodice-ripper--was I wrong! This is a great Western romance set within a darn-tootin' great Western. Loved the characters, loved the atmosphere, loved the story. I probably shouldn't have loved it so much because the heroine bordered on the dreaded Too Dumb To Live stereotype, but otherwise her character was well-developed, with warmth and humanity, and it was fair ...more
Barbara C.
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nerve Racking!

Almost 5 stars, because I almost chucked it. Didn't care for the level of revenge, most would hound the Marshall and get justice. To more than one refuse to do their job was suspicious and suspected a pay off. Guess it was closer to right than not. If it's books that keeps you on the edge of your seat, it's because the author succeeded in writing a very good book. Recommendations, sure!
Nancy
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-study
I enjoyed the well-written western setting. The language wasn't over-the-top, Wild West vernacular, which for me is a dealbreaker when it comes to Western fiction. Characters were predictable, although there was a little relationship twist I didn't see coming. The romance was predictable, as well. Clean, as far as language and sex go, with minimal descriptions of violence/wounds. An enjoyable Western/romance read.
Samantha
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-free
Right in the heart of the old west. A freebie I am glad I downloaded. A deep in-depth tale that you can sink into and really get to know the characters. Pretty well written, some minor grammar issues, nothing to offend just enough to notice. I enjoyed the characters and the pace of the story. I'd read this author again.
Nubia Sanchez
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome historical western romance novel!! I completely love the character especially Jess and Gabriella ah!! This book had me on the edge every time I reading it!! Shocking revelation in the end that I kept myself from falling over the chair!! Freaking love it!!! I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT!!!
Michelle Parker
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I very much liked this book. Like someone else said, it reminds me of True Grit. The only disappointment I had was all of references to sex or rape. Is was too much for my personal taste, but the story wouldn't have been as good if that wasn't there.
Michelle
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
oh my goodness. I started this book with low expectations. I mean the name alone isn't great. But I could not put it down. Great love story, suspense, and surprises. I am rarely surprised while reading this type of book. Loved it!
Jackie Long
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

Great story. Very well written
Marilyn
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a good book. Had a good twist I didn't expect at the end. Good for people who enjoys westerns and strong female characters.
Kit★
Downloaded a handful of freebies for the Kindle, this is one of 'em.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
3.6

Some typos and some larger than life events but still a solid and enjoyable read.
Jill
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally thrilling!

I can't say enough! This story will keep you engaged from the first page to the last! Wonderful characters and true love that endures. Highly recommend!
Sibylla Matilde
Free on Amazon and good GR rating 1/21/2013
Nick Hodges
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it
This was pretty good -- a bit forumulaic and cliche, but I liked it. It had a touch of "Western Romance", but it was nicely written and I enjoyed it as a good "escape" read.
Cado
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the book it had me all giddy and I could feel the feeling they felt,it was such a good book I lost sleep because I couldn't put it down!
Lindsay
rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Chasing Rainbows
  • Much Ado About Marshals (Hearts of Owyhee, #1)
  • California Caress
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • To Tame a Renegade (Delaney Trilogy,#2)
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • Colorado Bride
  • Fireblossom (The Western Novels/Matthews Novel #1)
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Mountain Woman
  • Texas Lily (Too Hard to Handle, #1)
  • Midnight Lover
  • Just a Matter of Time
  • Under a Texas Star
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • Christmas Redemption
  • The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)
  • River's Edge
Pseudonym for author Joanne Pence.