Start by marking “Teppet faller” as Want to Read:
Teppet faller

Teppet faller

(Hercule Poirot #42)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  36,388 ratings  ·  1,947 reviews
Hercule Poirot og hans gamle venn kaptein Hastings møtes igjen på herregården Styles, åstedet for handlingen i Agatha Christies debutbok, Stylesmysteriet. Den belgiske mesterdetektiv er nå en syk gammel mann, men hans åndsevner er fremdeles på topp, noe han får rik anledning til å demonstrere i sin siste sak. Ringen er sluttet.
Paperback, Anniversary Edition, 185 pages
Published 2012 by Aschehoug (first published June 7th 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Teppet faller, please sign up.
ashortbooklover For me, it works better as the last one in the Poirot series but it would work if it's read out of order. Personally I would make sure that you read T…moreFor me, it works better as the last one in the Poirot series but it would work if it's read out of order. Personally I would make sure that you read The Mysterious Affair at Styles first, as there are a few references to that case. (less)
Heather
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  36,388 ratings  ·  1,947 reviews

Start your review of Teppet faller
Ahmad Sharabiani
Curtain (Hercule Poirot Mysteries #42), Written about 1940, published 1975, Agatha Christie

Abstract: The crime-fighting careers of Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings have come full circle they are back once again in the rambling country house in which they solved their first murder together. Both Poirot and Great Styles have seen better days but, despite being crippled with arthritis, there is nothing wrong with the great detective and his “little gray cells.” However, when Poirot brands one of
Ahmad Sharabiani
Curtain (Hercule Poirot #39), Agatha Christie

Curtain, Written about 1940, published 1975, Agatha Christie (1891 – 1976).

Characters: Hercule Poirot, John Franklin, Barbara Franklin, Judith Hastings, Stephen Norton.

Richard Derus
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: The Full Five

When this novel came out in 1975, my older sister was a bookshop owner and gave me and our mother a copy to savor. None of the three of us were particular Christie nuts. My sister felt that Dame Ags played gawd with the clues a bit too much...my mother found Poirot insufferably smug. I read the book without discrimination or comprehension, and moved on to other things I liked better. I believe that was the year I read Stand on Zanzibar, but am not positive.

Now that I'm the a
Dave Schaafsma
Curtain: Poirot’s Last Case! (So since major things happen in this book, don't 1) read this is as your first book first, and 2) try to reading spoilerish reviews like this one. But read a few others from the series, then read this one, for sure.

“Nothing is so sad, in my opinion, as the devastation wrought by age”—Hastings, on Poirot

I’m done, whew, having read all of 38 Christie Poirot novels (and a couple short story collections) in order of publication, over the past 2-3 years. I’ll listen agai
Piyangie
It's with a heavy heart that I read this last novel in the Poirot series. I've been in companionship with him and solving mysteries alongside (not successfully all the time) for nearly two and a half years, so saying goodbye wasn't easy. And it was made all the more painful by the author's decision to end the series by ending the life journey of her favourite hero. In any case, it was a very sad parting. However, I'm happy that Agatha Christie has closed the curtain in style by giving us yet ano ...more
mark monday
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You Chose Your Own Adventure!

You are the killer: you kill yourself. You deserve it. Or do you? Are you the hero or the villain? But what does it matter; in the end, death comes to us all. Your adventure is over.

If you decide to reject your notorious life and start anew, choose
Evgeny
Poirot's last novel and last case. Things came full circle and Captain Hastings went to Styles where he had seen a Poirot's investigation for the first time. Only now Poirot was crippled and lost use of his legs, but the gray cells... the gray cells still worked. Hastings had no clue that Poirot was about to match his wits with a genius serial killer who could never be accused of his crimes by any court, or even suspected - sort of like Professor Moriarty if you will, but their methods were very ...more
daph pink ♡
4✨

OCTOBER 2019- book 14

(I don't review her books, never could because honestly I will be bias because I love her. )

For all who don't know , I am in love with Agatha Christie ever since I started reading her books( 5 years ago) and I planned to read a book of her each month so that I don't run out of her books !
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Agatha Christie's swan song for her most famous character, Hercule Poirot, fittingly returns him and and his friend Arthur Hastings to the setting of her very first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles. Aside from the fact that it's Poirot's final case, a rather unusual twist and the recurring Othello theme make this one of Christie's more memorable works, if rather melancholy.

It was interesting to find out that Christie originally wrote this novel during World War II, possibly fearing that s
Poonam
"For a murderer, my friend, is more conceited than any creature on this earth. A murderer is always more clever than anyone else- no one will ever suspect him or her- the police will be utterly baffled"

The above quote is a perfect way to describe this mystery.

I have been wanting to read this for some time now and what better day than Christie's birthday.

I have now read numerous mysteries by Christie but there is no pattern (apart from a cozy setting)
Each and every mystery, murder suspects, the e
Dr. Laurel Young
I admit it, I teared up at the end; I don't ever want there to be a final Poirot novel. However, two things comforted me: one is that this was not actually the last novel Dame Agatha wrote about Poirot, not by a long shot. Since Elephants Can Remember is largely regarded as a weak later effort, I think of Hallowe'en Party as the last excellent novel written about Poirot. Curtain was written somewhere around WWII most likely, and put away to be released decades later as Agatha neared the end of h ...more
Phantasmagoric
Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Poirot! I was in an emotional rollercoaster after I finished reading this one! Not going to get into details, but, what a treat there is ahead of you! 🔥💓
Alex
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am sad that I had to give 2 stars to an Agatha Christie book because I am a huge fan. I took this book with a lot of hope. This book is so famous I thought I will have a fantastic reading experience with it. I felt distraught after reading it.

The 2 stars are for the following:

The original idea of the story, a criminal who puts thoughts into people and make them commit crimes. It was brilliant. Totally awesome.

Secondly, the book portrays many kinds of people and their relationships. And I thou
Adrian
What does one think when a read of 3 years comes to an end. It has been an enjoyable 3 years, and although I had read some of the books, some were certainly new to me and were an enjoyable revelation.

This was no exception, yes I have seen the David Suchet tv episode, but I do not remember reading this novel despite owning the book for many years. Firstly I have to say I found it very moving as well as being a great detective story. Both Hastings and Poirot were the epitome of Hastings- ness and
Janete Fabricio ON  SEMI HIATUS
Outstanding. Better than the first time that I read it.
Tatevik
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A masterpiece for finishing the series. Although I haven't read all the books, only 5-6. I read what I had in hand.

A really good crime plot. I guessed some parts about the story, but not the parts of murderer.
Thought I grew out of classical crime fiction after school, but no. The impression was as good as it was about 15 years ago. Maybe it's time I reread Sherlock Holmes?
Nandakishore Mridula
It would be wrong to say I loved this book (despite the 5 stars)... I hated it. I love Poirot so much that I couldn't bear to see him pass beyond the veil.

That said, I consider this one a fantastic mystery - and one which could be resolved only this way, with the death of the detective (read the book, and you'll get what I mean). Many people have complained that the premise is far-fetched, but IMO, that is its main charm. And let me tell you, it's not all that impossible... (view spoiler)
luce
★★★★✰ 4.5 stars

“Who is there who has not felt a sudden startled pang at reliving an old experience, or feeling an old emotion?”

Curtain bids a bittersweet farewell to the one and only Hercule Poirot. While I know that by this point Agatha Christie feelings towards him were less than amicable, her novel doesn't convey its creators impatience. Rather than hurrying Poirot off from the stage, Christie grants him one final performance.
I will admit that seeing the formidable Poirot altered in such
Fiona
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dear Agatha, whatever possessed you to write this piece of nonsense? I'll give you that it's built on an interesting concept but so much of it is so transparently obvious and the ending........whatever possessed you? My favourite phrase in the book is "It behooved us to forestall that happening" - not a phrase much in use these days, if ever. Frankly, Mrs Christie, you should have behooved yourself not to write this book. It's criminal!"

My first 'borrow' from Open Library. A few pages missing fr
Vikas Singh
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-book
The book MUST be read only after you have read 33 novels and the 56 short stories featuring the ace detective. And what a befitting end to the series. Reading it i could feel myself part of the entire story line. I could hear Poirot telling- "We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here-and our last…. Yes they have been good days". The range of emotions one goes through reading the story is difficult to put into words. Having read the entire series there is no way I can e ...more
Mike
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In his last case Poirot returns to where it all began for the reader, Styles. Here an old and physically ailing Poirot tries to track down his greatest challenge adversary: a murder who appears completely unconnected with a string of murders. A villain so devious his very existence is unknown to all but Poirot's little grey cells. As with The Mysterious Affair at Styles Poirot enlists the help of Hastings in tracking down the villain and it is from Hastings point of view we get the story.

As per
Debbie Zapata
Dec 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saturdaymx
With apologies to all the Agatha Christie fans of the world, I simply could not get myself interested enough in this book to finish it. I tried, I really did, because my mother gave me her paperback copy after she heard that I had read the first Poirot novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles . She said that since I had read the first one featuring the Belgian detective, I should also read the final one. Although I had decided not to read any other Christie titles, I gave in and took the book. How ...more
Ova - Excuse My Reading
An unforgettable end to the best detective in fiction, I would recommend reading this book AFTER you've read ALL the Poirot books.
Reminding very much of The Crooked House, however much better. Christie was a genius.
Kelly
Meh! It’s all gestures, nostalgia, obvious red herrings and filler until the BIG TWIST at the end. You may as well read the first 20 pages and the last 20 and call it a day. I’ll stick with Miss Marple for the time being.
Simona B
"It was a marshalling of the forces of a human being to widen a breach instead of repairing it."

Flawlessly, diabolically plotted. Will write more when not an emotional wreck.
☯Emily  Ginder
The first time we meet Poirot, he is at Styles St. Mary during World War 1. That is where Hastings first pairs up with Poirot. Many years later, they meet again at the same location. This latter meeting is the where Curtain takes place. Poirot is old physically, but still sharp mentally. Hastings is mourning the death of his wife and worrying about his daughter, Judith, who is also visiting at the same house as her father.

Poirot has discovered that a series of deaths seem to be connected. One pe
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of murder mystery
Author: Agatha Christie
Published: 01/09/2000 (first published 1973)

Another great book by Agatha Christie! Poirot is my favourite out of the Agatha Christie books, it is sad that the Hercule Poirot series came to an end but this was a really brilliant ending. I think that this book was brilliantly and expertly written, it gripped my attention and refused to let it go, even after I finished the book my head was still rushing through how Agatha Christie can write such an amazing book. Once again wh
Sarai
Feb 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, historical
Poirot is my favorite Agatha Christie sleuth. I also love the corresponding A&E Poirot series with David Suchet playing the famous Belgian detective (those moustaches!). I have to admit, I have a bit of a crush on the Poirot character. He's so smart, so wonderfully pompous but gentlemanly, a wee bit delicate, slightly neurotic, a loyal friend, and dedicated protector of the innocent. I always enjoy Poirot and Hastings working together and Poirot's gentle chiding of Hastings' deductions.

I conside
Armand
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-2019
In the winter of his life, Hercule Poirot meets a nemesis tougher than any he's ever encountered. He knows about the chaos this criminal has left in his/her wake, and in a fateful turn of events, he ended up hounding his quarry in the very place where, as a young man, his adventures all began - Styles Court. Because yes, he knows the identity of the criminal, while like his friend Hastings we're left in the dark until the very end. This book is unique in that his goal is not to deduce whodunit, ...more
Karin
Captain Arthur Hastings had been asked to join is very old friend, Hercules Poirot, at the site of the first murder Hastings saw Poirot solve. In addition, Hastings' favourite daughter, Julia, will be there. Poirot mystifies Hastings by telling him that someone he will only refer to as X is there, and that he has murdered five times before. Hastings is to try and find out who the intended victim is to try and stop the murder before it happens, but Hastings is flummoxed at the task.

This novel has

• Black Coffee (Hercule Poirot, #45.5)
  • Spider's Web
  • The Monogram Murders (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #1)
  • Giant's Bread
  • Agatha Christie's Poirot: The Greatest Detective in the World
  • A Daughter's a Daughter
  • Holiday Gone (The Hettie and Ro Adventures #3)
  • Closed Casket (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #2)
  • The Unexpected Guest
  • The Wedding Day Death: A 1920s Mystery Romance (Lola Rose Mysteries Book Four)
  • A Christmas Caper (Sugar Martin Vintage Cozy Mysteries Book 3)
  • The Killings at Kingfisher Hill (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #4)
  • O Homem da Casa 7
  • الحب في رحاب الله
  • قاعة المرايا
  • قصص من أزيموف
  • The Mystery of Three Quarters (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #3)
  • حكايات مارك توين
See top shelves…

Agatha Christie is the best-selling author of all time. She wrote 66 crime novels and story collections, fourteen plays, and six novels under a pseudonym in Romance. Her books have sold over a billion copies in the English language and a billion in t

Hercule Poirot (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • The Mysterious Affair at Styles: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Warbler Classics)
  • The Murder on the Links: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Warbler Classics)
  • Poirot Investigates: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Warbler Classics)
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)
  • The Big Four (Hercule Poirot, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Blue Train (Hercule Poirot, #6)
  • Black Coffee: A Mystery Play in Three Acts (Hercule Poirot, #7)
  • Peril at End House (Hercule Poirot, #8)
  • Lord Edgware Dies (Hercule Poirot, #9)
  • Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)