Start by marking “The Bird Day Battalion (Dom and Kate #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bird Day Battalion (Dom and Kate #1)

Read Book

The Bird Day Battalion (Dom and Kate #1)

The Bird Day Battalion is a short, sweet and sexy little Thanksgiving story. Meet Katelyn Anderson, a play by the rules, temporarily out of work archaeologist desperate to pull off the perfect Thanksgiving dinner for her family. Enter Dominic Valentini, her oldest friend and former neighbor, a take chances, take control, think outside the box kind of man. She needs his hel ...more
ebook, Smashwords Edition, 62 pages
Published October 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Bird Day Battalion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bird Day Battalion

Start your review of The Bird Day Battalion (Dom and Kate #1)
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, short-stories
I don't know what to say about this short story. Tis was supposed to be romantic but it wasn't, in my opinion.
I don't want to write a overview of this story. Just wanna let you know. I didn't like this story.
nothing is proper.
I liked only one lesson from this book:
Don't always follow the rules, sometimes we should break rules to do the right thing!
Theresa
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was a quick read, just over 100 pages on my Nook, that kept you wanting to read. It reminded me of my family in a lot of ways. A LOT of ways. Good way to introduce readers to her style as an author.
Kitten ~♥️ MM series ~
Great story w/adequate background story about long time friends that explore a romantic relationship. A lot of sexual tension. It was a tease but a good tease.
The downfall is all the heroine sisters and brother had names that started w/K and it got confusing who was talking to how.
Julie Butler
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very well written! I hope this is only the beginning of Dom and Kate's story!
Elle Klass
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing

The Bird Day Battalion by Genevieve Dewey is an amusing short story incorporating the fun of Thanksgiving and family. Katelyn and Dominic have been friends forever, growing up as neighbors whose mothers are best friends. Katelyn is a by the book kinda gal and Dominic is wild and carefree.They are complete opposites creating charged synergy between them producing a spicy
flirtacious reaction as the two find trouble and love.

Author Genevieve Dewey's writing style adds a fun twist to the read. She
Katerina
On Thanksgiving Dominic works up the courage to confront Kathlyn with his deep feelings towards her...
Kathlyn does not need the rest of the day to warm up to the thought of turning their friendship since childhood into something more meaningful...
She adapts pretty quick to the changes.
And in case you are wondering if anything exciting happened here besides a family gathering, well yes!
They kissed and hugged...and...and in the blink of an eye I was fanning myself....
Ha! No spoilers here, fellow r
Rebecca
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a slow tease, flirty, fun romance. It's light, quick and funny. But it gets hot in the kitchen when, Dominic helps his childhood friend, Kate prepare thanksgiving dinner for her family and friends. Sparks fly and feelings are reawakened. Leaving Kate in a muddle.

Touching short read that is sweet and realistic. Thoroughly enjoyable, very steamy.
Michael
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this quick read. Not my usual genre but thought characters were well written and I could actually picture the whole crazy holiday gathering. Oh, and it doesn't hurt to have been friends with the author's husband for almost all my life.
Ashley Hedden
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome story. Genevieve is amazing and talented. This was a funny and heart warming story that shows true love and what two friends can share. I think everyone should read this and I can notwait to read more by Genevieve.
Sorcha O'Dowd
I cannot express how much I loved this book! Such a wonderful little story that has stayed with me long after reading it. I love Genevieve Dewey's writing style, there is something so fresh about it that I always enjoy reading her books. 5 Stars for this perfect story!
MountainKat
*3.5 Stars*

Quirky, yet sweet, Thanksgiving story with a fun family too. Dom and Kate were childhood friends, but she has been oblivious to the crush he's had for years - it was finally time for her to open her eyes. It was pretty short, so that is really all there is to it!
Misfit Mellow ~
Well.. what can i say .. Mhmm not sure very very very short.. Wel i did need something to pass the time in my free periods
C.D.
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! A funny, sweet , quick & easy read. ...more
McGee Magoo
Short and sweet and slightly steamy. MC's are featured in another holiday novella The V-Day Aversion.
Hiba
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
really short and cute (:
Renee
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a great departure from the Downey books I really liked this one
Chantel
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this short story! Fast paced and fun, it was a great read. Looking forward to reading more of Katie and Dom in The V Day Aversion
Melody
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
nice!
Jenn (not Lily)
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
re-read 11/22/18: upped rating to 2.75 stars. Cute, not a lot to it, but cute.
Gloria
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
characters are well developed as a short story. lovely portrayed familial congregation :)
Brandy Rivers
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick read that will leave you smiling. You almost feel bad for the way Kaitlyn's family gangs up on her. It was a funny (good and amusing funny) but sexy read.
Debbi
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: again
Really good read and great character development. I can't wait to find out what happens over Christmas and New Years. And of course Valentines Day.
Rachel C.
Fun read, though definitely a little short! I was disappointed I didn't get to read about Black Friday... well, I guess I'll just have to read the next Kate and Dom... LOL.
Bren Stacklin
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Short, funny, holiday read with well-developed characters.
S Talay
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute, light, and FREE!
Denise
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Time to make the turkey. It's the turn of the sister that is out of work and never cooked for Thanksgiving before and she is out to prove she can do it all with no help. When she needs just a little side help she calls ol sexy friend to rescue her and her need for casserole ingredients, but in the end her need is much bigger than canned food.

Fun read, short and to the point, but this has been one of my favorite short stories of the season. I found it looking for Thanksgiving stories and this fi
Arlyn
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
I may be growing more subversive and less vanilla as I delve further into reading erotica. This book was a little too sweet and corny for my taste. The writing was fine & Dominic was cute. But Kate has to be one of the most clueless, annoying and lackluster characters I've been exposed to recently. Not a bad person, mind you, just mind-numbingy dull. The only problem I really have with the plot is that, with all of the other more coloful females in the story, Dominic was enamored by the woman wh ...more
Genevieve Dewey
Oct 14, 2012 marked it as books-i-wrote  ·  (Review from the author)

You can read more Dom & Kate in the newly released Valentine's short:

The V-Day Aversion by Genevieve Dewey

The V-day Aversion
~KarenH~

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Book Junkies: The Bird Day Battalion (A free short romance) 2 7 Mar 15, 2013 02:39PM
The Downey Series: The Bird Day Battalion 1 2 Dec 24, 2012 07:31AM
I was raised mostly in Nebraska, partly in Arizona. My family is from Chicago. I wear many hats, but my favorites are Mom, Anthropologist, and CSI.

Grab a FREE copy of my short romance The Bird Day Battalion here at Goodreads or at all major eBook retailers!