Start by marking “Noni Is Nervous” as Want to Read:
Noni Is Nervous

Noni Is Nervous

(Noni #2)

A unique hardcover picture book for two to five year olds, this is the story of a lovely little girl who is nervous about many things. Noni finds a way to control her nerves and work through her anxiety, making life much more bearable for everyone!

Published July 9th 2013 by Tundra Books

To ask other readers questions about Noni Is Nervous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noni Is Nervous

Start your review of Noni Is Nervous
Jasmine
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute!
Mary
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Do authors have editors anymore? I'm pretty sure "Her papa asks her whom she met" is wrong. Shouldn't it be "Her papa asks her with whom she met" or "Her papa asks her who she met"? Also, "...her mama rings her hands..."???? It's "wrings" for the love of Pete!
Halie Crook
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Noni is a girl who is nervous about many things in her life, but the scariest is... starting school. Noni is scared about going to a new school and making friends and all of the nerve wracking things that go along with it. Noni's parents are also very nervous for her as they know these are things that worry her. Her parents want her to have a good first day, but Noni is so scared.

I really enjoyed reading this book because I know that the first day of school has always been one of my most nervous
Emily Rentschler
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noni is Nervous is about how this little girl, Noni, is nervous about everything that could potentially happen. It talks about how she has always been nervous about monsters and global warming but today in particular she is worried about her first day of school. The book talks about how even after she meets her teacher she still has all these fears up until she goes home.
The book’s illustrations were very detailed and helped aide the reader to understand how nervous Noni truly was. they went
Kristen
Jun 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a book that my daughter pulled off the shelf at the library. I always either check out the book or read it at the library if she picked it out herself. I will never say no if it's a book she grabbed herself.

While this book didn't apply to my daughter's situation (since she is only 1.5 years old), it would be a good book to read for kids starting preschool or kindergarten for the first time.

It focuses on a girl who is really nervous about going to school. She has some nervous quirks but
Kelsey
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Age: Kindergarten
Emotions: Nervousness

The first day of school is coming up, and Noni is nervous. She bites her nails. She twirls her hair. And she talk nonstop to calm her nerves. During the first day of school she is still so nervous that she can't remember anything that happened that day. The next day she sits beside an outgoing girl on the bus who introduces Noni to everyone else.

Two things were unique about this first day of school book: coincidence (sitting next to an outgoing girl)
Dawn
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
We started Reading Buddies today. The grade three children were VERY excited, but the grade one children were VERY nervous. Noni is nervous was a good way to start talking about how really, we don't need to feel nervous, we just need to get to know each other better because there are friendships just waiting to be found in our school (and Noni's too).
Paula
"Noni is nervous about playdates, and global warming, and most of all, about the first day of school. Her parents are worried too, and even her brother is a little wary. But Noni finds a friend, someone a little more outgoing than herself, and discovers that through friendship, she can belong and succeed in a world that once filled her with dread."-- Provided by publisher.
Samantha
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great starting school book for nervous kids. Noni is nervous about long list of things, but gains confidence through each experience.

I wish this book had been around when I was starting school! An excellent resource offering reassurance for PreK-2.
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is a story of a girl who is nervous to go to school. So she bites her nails, twirls her hair, and talks a lot about nothing. I was hoping this book talked about how to deal with nerves. Nope. It was an ok book, I doubt I'd read it again.
Karen Arendt
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: school, picture-books
A good starting school book for the very nervous child. The constant refrain of nervous might seem to reinforce the nervousness of the child, but at the end, Noni comes around to liking school.
Rekha
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
If you want a straight up "kid is nervous, things turn out ok" book, this is it. Not much more to it than that.
Brindi Michele
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
i'd use this for Kindergarten, Here I Come. (and a character's name is Briar...LOVE)
Heather
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, kids, picture-books
Is your child nervous about their first day of school? There are better books than this one to help allay their fears. It's perfectly serviceable, but the story and images fall flat.
Marissa Elera
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
An average book to help children going to school for the first time calm their nerves.
Becky Shaknovich
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
An OK book about starting school, which is a frequently requested topic. I would not hesitate to recommend this to families with kids who are worried about starting school, but it's nothing special.
PWRL
Jan 18, 2019
Lisa D
Aug 31, 2013
Disabled Children In Picture Books
The main character is anxious about beginning school.
Vanessa
Penelope
Mar 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wolf in the Snow
  • Lost in the Library (A Story of Patience & Fortitude, #1)
  • The Thank You Letter
  • Simon and the Big, Bad, Angry Beasts: A Book about Anger
  • Pros and Cons of Being a Frog
  • The Book Tree
  • My Mommy Medicine
  • The Rough-Face Girl
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Because You Are My Teacher
  • They All Saw A Cat
  • The Push
  • The American Muslim Teenager's Handbook
  • Ocean Meets Sky
HEATHER HARTT-SUSSMAN, born in Montreal, graduated from Brandeis University and attended the Sorbonne. She has been a copywriter for BCP in Montreal, a reporter for the Hollywood Reporter, editor-in-chief of international news for TV Guide in French Canada, columnist of the popular “Heather Hartt in Hollywood,” and host of E! Entertainment Television’s The Gossip Show. Nana’s Getting Married is ...more

Noni (3 books)