Start by marking “La última mujer honesta” as Want to Read:
La última mujer honesta

La última mujer honesta

(The O'Hurleys #1)

Cuando el periodista Dylan Crosby llegó a la casa de Abigail O?Hurley para entrevistarla acerca de su difunto marido, un famoso corredor de coches de carreras, esperaba encontrar a una mujer fría y distante. En su lugar encontró una mujer sencilla y tierna. Pero él se negaba a creer que aquello fuera real...
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published by Harlequín (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about La última mujer honesta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La última mujer honesta

Saly
I had a few problems with the h in this one, one moment she could be an incredibly strong woman raising her sons on her own while on the other hand I found her belief to lie about her husband kind of martyr like.

She was 18 when she got married to a famous race car driver, it was few months of bliss and then hell. Her husband died in a crash five years ago and the whole world was already aware of his numeral infidelities and other transgressions but the h kept quiet, now she's agreed to do a bio
Blodeuedd Finland
It was an easy and sometimes sweet read. But I did get annoyed at Abby now and again. Yes she wanted to portrait her husband in a good way, and therefore she tried to lie to the writer who was writing her late husbands biography. But why keep it up when he knew she was lying and not to mention when he thought the worst of her. Some things I can understand why she wanted to keep hidden but others made no sense since they really had nothing to do with the bottom line of things.

And Dylan was kind o
Thenia
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the series, introducing the O'Hurley family, starting with Abby, the middle of triplets and widow of a famous racer, and Dylan Crosby, a journalist hired to write her late husband's biography.

Abby is doing her best to raise her two sons alone, while trying to make her horse breeding farm stable. She's far from what Dylan expected and he insists on viewing her with his expectations in mind for a long time, led by the cynicism of past experiences.

He does not think very highly of
Rebekah
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
Abigail was 18 when she married a famous race car driver, but not long after their "happy ever after" it became a nightmare. He cheated constantly and didn't hide it. He Flaunted his many women.
A race car crash ended his life 5 yrs ago. Now she's agreed to do a biography with journalist Dylan because she needs the money. Also, she has an unreasonable need to have her children grow up with an altered image of who their father was.
Dylan thinks she is nothing but a spoiled rich girl, can't imagine
Jacob Proffitt
I was in something of a funk last night, and this book kept me company. And good company it was. Originally written in the 80s, it's the earliest Nora Roberts book I've read so far. While the book is only mildly dated, really, it is less... I dunno... engaging? than her more recent work.

The biggest weakness is, unfortunately, the core of the four-book series: the O'Hurley family. Raised by a die-hard entertainer, the triplet girls and older brother grew up on the road. They have understandably s
Cris
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moderno, romance
Maravilhoso!!
Apesar de ser um livro antiguinho da Nora, a historia é ótima e cativante.

Dylan está escrevendo uma biografia sobre um piloto de corridas já falecido, e chegou a hora de entrevistar a ex-esposa, que ele considera uma aproveitadora mesquinha e superficial.
Ele chega na fazenda de criação de cavalos dela, e as suas concepções já começam a ir por terra, quando ele encontra uma casa de fazenda simples, sem empregados e dois meninos de 6 e 8 anos, filhos de Abigail com Chuck, o piloto. É
Melodie
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is the first chapter of the O'Hurley series. A set of triplet girls, born to a song and dance couple always on the move to their next gig.
With music and travel in their blood, the paths that they take as adults are predictable. That is except for Abby.This is her story.
Swept off her feet by a charismatic race car driver, she finds that life in the fast lane is not all it's cracked up to be. Her marriage rocky at best, she retreats to her horse farm in Virginia. There she finds a modicum
Darkpool
Disclaimer: I'm reading this because it is a) available as an audio download at the library b) was 'in' last night when I was looking for a short book to listen to while waiting for the book I really want to turn up at the library and c) is short: less than 7 hours worth in fact.

Ugh. Some books I feel are too smart for me: see Snow for example. This book... I thought was not smart enough. The hero was annoying beyond belief. If this is supposed to be an Alpha male I don't want one - he came acr
Debbie
Oct 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of the The O'Hurleys series, Abby gets to fall in love all over again. In the process of leaving a legacy for her children, having a book written about her late husband seemed the thing to do. After meeting Dylan and seeing how deep he was really going to probe for the answers she didn't want to give she started second guessing that choice. Dylan just wanted answers and knew that the widow was the only source, what he didn't count on was becoming attached to the kids and t ...more
Nabila Amr
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wieder mal ein typischer Nora Roberts-Roman. Hier geht es um die Familie OHara (Mutter, Vater, Sohn und Drillingstöchter). In diesem Roman wird die Liebesgeschichte von der mittleren Drillingstochter Alana erzählt. Wieder eine mit einfachen Worten, aber detailreiche erzählte Liebesgeschichte.

Für Zwischendurch, wenn man etwas einfaches und nettes lesen will, ist Nora Roberts optimal. Freue mich im Anschluss auf den zweiten Teil.
Lucimar
Um boa leitura, sem grandes surpresas e poderia ser melhor porque tinha todos os ingredientes que gosto: um escritor disposto a descobrir tudo sobre o marido dela, uma viúva batalhadora e história de um casamento infeliz.
Mas o final me pareceu incompleto, era como se faltasse algo. Não ficará entre os meus favoritos.
Manda Collins
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Nora Roberts
Shelves: contemporary
Old skool silhouette from Nora Roberts. Really enjoyed this story of a tough biographer and a widowed horse breeder. The story really holds up despite its age. It is jarring to have the hero light up a cigarette more than once in the story, but overall it's still a strong story.
Maria
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A very easy to read book. A sweet story but it was rather shallow. I wanted a bit more flesh to the H/H bones, more background. And what happened to the book that was so central in the beginning?
Lirisha Tuladhar
This was indeed a great book i shall say.. It was the first series of O hurley i read and well i cant deny it had me grasped into it till the very end...
The family indeed i loved the way Nora has been successfully portraying the picturesque of a perfect family.. it gives the vibes of the jollyness that a life needs as a family.. There may be many many problems that arise in life but the o hurleys teach to never give up...
Abby and dylan were a great combination.. i liked the way Abby was made as
Mia
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
ini buku pertama dari seri o'hurleys, tapi aku malah baca yg skin deep (buku ke 3)duluan. buku ini menceritakan kehidupan Abby, kembar no 2 dari 3 saudari kembar o'hurleys. karena aku baca buku yg skin deep duluan (menceritakan Chanttel, kembar yg no 1) ceritanya lebih ke suspense romance jadinya aku juga berharap yg sama dibuku ini. ternyata genrenya berbeda jauh.. buku ini pure romance, ceritanya malah sweet menurutku. tapi sejak mulai baca buku ini aku jadi nggak bisa berhenti membandingkan b ...more
Becky
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful start to the series. Molly O'Hurley gave birth to three triplets. Girls. The first book focuses mostly on Abby who is now a widow of a famous race car driver and raising two boys on her ranch. Her marriage was less than ideal and she is left trying to make this a working ranch and providing for all of them on next to nothing. Journalist Dylan Crosby is known to be a hard nose investigative reporter who wants the real story of her late husband. He knows when people are not being up fr ...more
Lindzi Mayann
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wasn't sure what to think of this book and even whilst reading I switched between not being that bothered to really liking it! Anyway finished it now and overall it was definitely a good, easy read. My friend has leant me all 4 in the series so I'll definitely be trying out the next one soon! I am intrigued to read more from Nora Roberts as I know she has written so many stories, good on her! I find her ability to pen so many inspiring and want to know more of them.
Veron
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Oh dear. The lead character was an aggressive ass. His character was very two dimensional and he just brow beated Abby into sharing her life and gave nothing in return. So I couldn't understand why he was such a catch. Other than her been desperate for any kind of company.
I wouldn't imagine their marriage would be a happy one ten years down the line.

This was an old Nora Roberts book and I'm glad she improved in writing as she went on.
Vicki
Great book. I have never been disappointed from this author. Abby's husband died in a race. She needs money for her ranch and two sons so she authorizes a biography to be written. Dylan Crosby has been chosen to write it. She doesn't want to tell to much and he knows she doesn't want to be honest with him. It was funny and heartbreaking. Loved it.
J.W. Ellis
Nothing like a good Roberts book. I love the family oriented ones too, and this O'Hurley bunch is just perfect.

This is the middle triplet's story, she's obviously the more down to earth and calm one, a widow with 2 sons, and in enters a writer bound to uncover all the secrets of her dead husband.

A typical roberts book, but whats wrong with what works, and this WORKED. Now a new fave
Mahareni Sukadi
Endingnya agak kurang jelas. Itu buku biografi Chuck jadi diterbitkan gak, dan apa saja isinya? Bagian-bagian mana yang diungkap Dylan, dan bagian mana yang tidak? Trus apakah si Janice Rockwell dibiarkan lolos begitu saja, tanpa ada konsekuensi atas perbuatannya?
Shamima
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it
June Ferreira
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always Nora Roberts did not disappoint.
Charlene
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had this since the original paperback came out, but just finished the ebook. Love the O'Hurley's
RCA
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good reader and pretty good story, not one I've read before but I won't remember it in a week.
Shawn
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story
Maria-Regina Caputo
Amazing

Loved the story, the characters, the setting. Can't wait to read more about these characters in the next book in the series . Happy Reading.

Judith E. Andrew
Good book.

I really enjoyed this book. It was hard to put it down. I highly recommend it. It is a good love story.
Cláudia Martins
Adorei o livro, foi simplesmente arrebatador!
Dian
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The first installment of The O’Hurleys stories. About the middle of the triplets, Abby who got 2 boys. Come to her life, Dylan Crosby who wanted to write a biography about her late husband. Classic story as the two fell in love. I enjoyed the story though because the warmth of the O’Hurley family and how the triplets backing each other in their own way. I liked Chris innocence.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • To Catch a Thief (The Calamity Janes, #3)
  • Mountain Sherriff (Cascades Concealed #1)
  • The Kent Heiress
  • Prince Charming M D
  • The Indiscretion
  • The Inconvenient Bride
  • Storm Warning
  • The Main Attraction
  • The Courtship of Carol Sommars
  • When Souls Collide (Lancaster's Way #1)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Captive (Florida Civil War, #2)

The O'Hurleys (4 books)
  • Dance to the Piper (The O'Hurleys, #2)
  • Skin Deep (The O'Hurleys, #3)
  • Without a Trace (The O'Hurleys, #4)
“the same.” “You don’t have to. The boys and I have a good life. The life we want.” “That’s easy to say, but a father considers worrying over his daughters a” 0 likes