Start by marking “Snowed Over” as Want to Read:
Snowed Over

Snowed Over

To college student, Katie Brandt, ‘Home for the Holidays’ sounds like hell. When her parents separated, their holiday traditions shattered like a dropped ornament. What could be worse than celebrating Christmas with her suddenly single mom and mom’s new boyfriend?

Alex Walker, an engaged 20-year-old, dreads going home for his own reasons. He has a daunting task ahead of him
Published October 12th 2012 by Vanguard Management, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Snowed Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowed Over

Bethany
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, holiday
That was such a sweet read. I loved it!! I've never wanted to be stranded in a randoms persons cabin with a hot stranger more then I do now after reading Snowed Over.
Jenn
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Buddy read w/Wendy
That was the perfect book to bring me out of my book funk.

This story was cute, funny in parts, quick & fun to read.
It definitely put a smile on my face. It also made me want to drink hot chocolate by a warm fire with some Christmas music playing. I wouldn't mind snuggling up to Alex and throwing in a few kisses. ;)

Favorite Parts
1. Alex & Katie's dialogue when he first meets her and their dialogue when he picks her up at the mom's bf's cabin at the end.
2. The witty comments made
3. The w
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college-romance, hea
I thought this was an adorable love story set at Christmas time. Alex and Katie were great together. I thought the way they handled their situation of being snowed in was well executed. I was glad to see that through their friendship they realized what they really wanted in life and stood up for themselves to get it. This was definitely a quick read but well worth it:)
Aman
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

Snowed Over was such a cute, little, perfect novella for holidays. I didn't expect it to be that diverse and wholesome by having additional family problems and resolutions to the already present romance. I loved that it was much more than 2 people being stranded on Christmas and falling in love. Though it was exactly that, but with a bit more spice and drama. Snowed Over is indeed of the of best novella's I've ever read, it had a full book experience in just f
Amy
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book very much and was sad to see it end! I fell in love from the moment I started reading everything else just faded away and I got lost within the pages! Snowed Over is fun, charming, magical and romantic! It's the perfect book for any occasion not just a holiday read!
Natalie
Amanda
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 "BEST CHRISTMAS NOVELLA" STAR THOUGHTS

This is one of the best romantic novella's I have ever read! I am so glad I got the chance to read this! I love curling up on the couch and reading a sweet novella! Alex and Katie are adorable together! I loved reading the story from both of their POV's. And FYI if I'm ever snowed in, I want to be with Alex!

The last thing Katie Brandt wants to do is go home for the holidays. Now that her parents are separated, every tradition she's ever known is changing.
Jaime Arkin
I'd probably give this 3.5 stars. Definitely a cute winter read.

I actually loved that it was set in Wisconsin. (I'm from Wisconsin too! Did you know?) LOL Anyway, enough about me!

Katie Brandt isn't having the best year... her parents have separated and all their typical holiday traditions are ... well... they're in the shitter. Her mom is making her go to "middle of freaking nowhere Wisconsin" (and I know exactly where she's talking about.) for the holiday to meet "not my boyfriend Tom"

She's a
Anny hernandez
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***** I received an ARC copy for an honest review *****

I have to say this is the first book that I get to read from this author. and I want to say THANK YOU Angie Stanton for introducing me to this amazing book and this awesome characters. cant wait to read more of your books

I just finish reading this book and I really like it, this is a really good Christmas story, this is a really cute story it has some comedy, romance, and it will warm your heart out, I love the characters love how the scene
Lola
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a really cute short novella about two people who get snowed in. It is a really enjoyable read, although I did wish it was a bit longer, because due to the short lenght there isn't much depth. Still it was enjoyable read.

This book gives exactly what i expected from the blurb. A cute romance story with the christamas period as setting. It was a really cute book and I enjoyed reading it. Although I do think it is too short, there are some things that aren't solved in this book and there isn
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Super cute, fun, holiday read. A carpooling trip home for two college students ends up being a few days stuck in a snowy cabin. Bad roads and a deer in the road can do that.

Katie and Alex have such likability that when they begin to share their stories and get to know each other you literally root for them to end up as couple.

It’s more a story of two people figuring out who they are and what they want. Realizing that life changes, and things don’t always stay the same. It’s part of growing up.

N
Michael Burhans
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I read this in one sitting. Was going to read a little then go to bed, read the whole thing. fun, charming, realistic, scary and gripping at times even. I had been keeping it till Christmas eve to read, but it kept calling to me from my Kindle and I ate it up. Like a wonderful Christmas cookie of a story. romantic and fun. I hope to see more of our two main characters in the future sometime. Ms Stanton is another of the writers I have found this year whose books I just consume with satisfaction ...more
The Sweet Bookshelf
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This cover just jumped out at me and I knew I needed to read it. I'm totally into novellas right now and I just wanted a taste of Christmas. Not 400 pages of it. Snowed Over was exactly what I wanted. Just imagine getting snowed in a cabin over Christmas with a good looking guy and no technology. I'd love that! It had all the elements of a great novella. If you read anything this Christmas, I'd say pick up Snowed Over. It was just the right amount of everything.
Brandie
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute and cozy little Christmas story.
Casey
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Angie Stanton is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. Her stories are sweet and filled with extremely likable characters that you can't help but fall for. I really enjoy her writing style and I think that her books always have such a great flow. They really pull you in and you become extremely invested in the characters and their HEAs. Snowed Over was no exception, and I really enjoyed reading about Alex and Katie. Snowed Over is a shor
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Tami
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I sit here at my computer looking out my window at a massive amount of snow falling from the sky. This gives me the perfect background to write this review.
I believe that everything happens for a reason and this novella is a perfect example of that. Josh is just doing a favor for a friend of a friend. Katie is just trying to get Christmas done and over with as quickly as possible. So begins the story of two strangers meeting over a long drive. They both have things on their minds and things the
Ginger at GReadsBooks.com
Originally posted at GReads!

I picked up this e-book, expecting a light feel-good contemporary for the holiday season, and that is exactly what I received. This Christmas novella didn't waste any time with the story, it immediately set the scene for what should have been a disastrous Christmas for both Katie and Alex, but instead turned it into an unforgettable holiday.

These two characters start out on their road trip home for the holidays as strangers, but as the storm outside rages on, it creat
Amber Addison
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
**FULL REVIEW AND MORE AT GROWNUPFANGIRL.COM**
Looking for a fun, romantic, Christmas read this holiday season? Look no further than Snowed Over. From the author who brought you The Jamieson Brothers Series (See the reviews for Rock and A Hard Place and Snapshot), comes a super sweet Christmas story about a super hot college student and his super crazy fiance, plus a super sweet girl who falls for the unavailable guy in the most awkward of circumstances. (Like how many times I used "super" in tha
Janet
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
The great thing about good novellas is how quickly you can read one. The bad thing about a good novella though is how you might not want it to end because you've enjoyed it so much. Snowed Over falls squarely in the middle of these categories. It's a short and sweet enough story, but because it's a novella I felt a bit cheated as a reader.

Sometimes I wonder why some authors make some books novellas in the first place. For popular authors, they feel almost like placeholders, holding true fans ove
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick and easy read. I am sure that the reader will love it. It has a touch of the Christmas spirit. The characters are easy to like, there is no cheating or over the top drama and our two characters are stuck in the middle of nowhere and have plenty of time to get to know each other plus they have to find ways to get through the days and not freeze their bottoms.

I didn't like Katie's mother at all. Her behavior was the worst a mother who cares about her children might have and I couldn't quite
Melissa
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Angie Stanton's books. Being from WI, I love that she writes about places in WI and that I not only know where they are and how to pronounce them, but it helps me relate to the story more.

Snowed Over was no exception. Not only could I relate in terms of location but also weather. In WI is gets pretty cold and as I read this book, I could literally feel the cold as they experienced it.

Snowed Over was a very cute novella. I loved the story. I loved the characters. And I loved the ending.
April
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh hey for once I am reviewing a seasonably appropriate book on two fronts – Snowed Over by Angie Stanton has a blizzard AND it’s a romance, so it’s an awesome February read, especially in light of the latest snow storm. Also, this review is not going to be terribly long, because Snowed Over is a novella, it’s only 126 pages and straight up, I don’t want to spoil you with all of the details
Read the rest of my review here
Amy (BW)
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a super quick, super cute Christmas read.

This little novella warmed my heart. Alex and Katie were so adorable together! And what made it even more perfect was all that snow! I just love it. I'm one of those sappy types that gets sucked in every year watching all the Lifetime TV Christmas flicks...and now I know I will be reading Christmas books too. If they are anything like this one, then I'm all in. :o)
Lauren R.
Not really sure what to rate this one. It was fast-paced because of the novella length and cute overall! The snowed in, cabin-vibe reminded me of MAGNOLIA and SNOWED IN. Pretty repetitive in places (I'm pretty sure an exact conversation from the beginning was pasted in at the end) and didn't offer closure on some bigger family issues. I know it's a novella and not everything can be resolved, but I thought it needed that. Regardless, cute and super quick holiday story!
Cait S
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really dislike cheesy romance novels. As a general rule, I just don't enjoy them at all. For some reason or another, though, this book actually did it for me. It was very cute and very easy to read.

Also shout out to being set in backwoods Wisconsin! I think that was half the selling point that all the places Alex and Katie went were set near home.
Melissa
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Perfect short read for the romantics at heart. Stranded in a blizzard forces two young adults to retreat to a deserted cabin to ride out the storm. Even though the situation involved harsh conditions, these two couldn't ask for a better vacation than what they were originally heading for.
Morgan (The Bookish Beagle)
Fast read but not as good as it could be. It was a little unbelievable, even for these sort of stories, and the characterization was pretty one dimensional. The chemistry was cute but overall I wanted this to be better.
Aimie
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A nice little story about Christmas, Dysfunctional Families, Romance and Blizzards.
Angie Stanton's books are always a pleasure to read, with characters that you just can't help falling in love with.
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Very cute Christmas story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Falling
  • A Toast to the Good Times
  • Reaction (Reflection, #2)
  • Move
  • The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • Silhouette
  • Saving Grace
  • How To Heal a Broken Heart
  • Cross Country Christmas (Woodfalls Girls, #1.5)
  • When It's Right
  • Christmas Catch (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Kissing Snowflakes
  • Becoming Bryn
  • Shot Through the Heart
  • Medley (Changing Lanes, #2)
  • 10 Weeks
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Ex-mas
Angie Stanton is a life-long daydreamer who grew up with her hands on a book and her head in the clouds. As an adult, she’s put her talent to good use writing award winning contemporary fiction about life, love, and the adventures that follow.

Angie has a Journalism degree from the University of Wisconsin and is the best selling author of Waking in Time, If Ever, Rock and a Hard Place, Snapshot, R