Start by marking “Seeing Trouble (Deadwood, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Seeing Trouble (Deadwood, #2.5)

Seeing Trouble

(Deadwood #2.5)

Seeing Trouble offers answers to some of the questions I’ve received from fans about how Violet Parker ended up as a single mother of twins. It was originally titled Dear Diary in Deadwood and was part of a Valentine’s Day anthology with several other authors’ works. In addition to this short story, I’ve included the original character interview I did with Violet prior to ...more
Published October 11th 2012 by self published

To ask other readers questions about Seeing Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeing Trouble

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Let's face it, there isn't a bad story in this series and these little novellas are just what you need when you next a shorter read that will hold you over until the next book.
Susan
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I do not ordinarily enjoy reading short stories much,but made an exception for this.And I really enjoyed it. We learn details about Violet and how she became a single mom of twins. AND why she does not get along w/her sister. (Wow what a horrid sister she has!)
Along with reading a bit about Violet, Ann added a little gem of a story from her vault, called CANDY LOVER. What a sweet ending.
Wyndi0419
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wish there was more

I always wish for more of Violet Parker and her stories. Not a true complaint...just a wish! The short stories are nice fillers while waiting for the next book.
Brandy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
little history of Violet and the sperm donner along with her sister
Dolly
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great way to expand

Knowing more about Violet and her past sheds some light on her personality. She lives a chaotic life and has such a wide variety of people in her circle.
Sidney
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short stories that fill in the gap about The twin's father and ill will toward sister.
Gennielc
May 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio-book
None of the short stories added anything to the characters or the storylines of the books. Loved the books, but this read just not necessary
Linda
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Violet is a riot. Only criticism: This Deadwood Short was too short!
Ricki
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such Fun To Read!

Loved these short stories from the Deadwood series! Just enough to keep your interest going until the next book is released!
Marilyn Slusher
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two of the three short stories gave some background information on Violet life.
Terri
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet!

Good backstory. Short stories. So enjoy Violets story. I just started these short stories after reading the Deadwood series. I enjoyed this.
Kristy McCaffrey
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful short giving us a bit of background about Violet and how she came to be pregnant with twins. It also offers insight to her tumultuous relationship with her sister, Susan.
Kimberly
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To short

Answers some questions but was over to fast. Violet is funny and can relate to her. Hopefully in future will find out more of why she is that way.
Tina
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Really cute! I loved the insight into Violets past. And the even shorter story at the end was charming af. I look forward to more of these shorts.
Michelle
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5/5: The Candy Lover short was adorable
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
As much as I enjoy reading the Deadwood series, I can’t say I found Seeing Trouble very entertaining. The book does offer some insight on Violet and background information on the other Deadwood characters but little else. I’m actually glad I didn’t read this before I started reading the actual series. Had I done so, I probably wouldn’t have bothered with the series at all.

As for the other short story featured here, it feels like it was written by a teenager. Very disappointing coming from Charle
Betsy
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
How, in a few short pages, did I get a tear in my eye and a trembling lip on a mouth trying to grin? Ann Charles is a remarkable writer who removes the shiny varnish from motherhood and adult womanhood. We get older, we have sad stories, we're flawed and eventually we are mocked by our children. I love how Ann Charles makes me feel when I read her stories because I relate, commiserate and then I aspire to have the pluck and sense of humor that her heroines master. Seeing Trouble tells us about t ...more
Theresa
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is a quick read that talks about Violet, the main character of the Deadwood Series, and answers questions about how she ended up in Deadwood and what happened to the father of her twins.

Ann Charles also has included an interview with Violet, that she did before she started the series. It's a cute short read.

Now I'm just waiting for the next full length book to hit the stores!
Gaynell
Feb 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: charles-ann
This book included two short stories (one is not related to the Deadwood series), an interview with Violet, and some of Ann Charles' brother's illustrations. It was a quick read. I don't really enjoy short stories although the Deadwood one did give the backstory of her kids' father. This book was ok, but you won't really miss anything by not reading it.
Gail Mathers
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seeing trouble

Very interesting insight into authors mind. I liked the different cover pages and other little tidbits of interest to how she thinks and characters thoughts. Enjoyable. Too short wanted more.
Cheryl
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy Ann Charles' writings. These stories are short but sweet and the humor is an added bonus! The interview is different and my belief is never share your private thoughts committed to the written form.
Marilyn
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was good to see how Violet ended up at her aunts house in Deadwood. It also helps explain the tension between her and her sister. The Deadwood series is an exciting read. You must pick it up and read it.
Valerie
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. Liked how was able to see a little of the beginning on Violet's journey from beginning pregnancy to the end of pregnancy. Plus the other little short piece Candy Lover was cute and sweet!!
A.B. Shepherd
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fans of the Deadwood series will love this little tidbit.
Chris
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
A short story which gives us Violet's back story, who the children's father is and why she is a single parent.

Interesting and short.
Caroline Barrow
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
With the short stories, she's adding flesh to her characters. Will Violet let Addy read her diary when she is older, ah, now that's a good question.
Alison Howard
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
First Short, great read

Love the way the character was interviewed helps to make sense of the books. Great ideal for a quick read
Barbara Duckett
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
wonderful. love this series
Mary
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really 3.5 stars. Good short stories but way, way too short. Several chuckles. Can't wait for Ms. Charles next book.
deviantReads
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As for me it answer a lot of wanting questions about her past. Elvis..every time I read about that chicken I crack up.

• Silenced by the Yams (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #3)
  • Save Me, Santa
  • The Puzzle (Samantha Jamison Mystery #1)
  • The Truant Officer
  • The Dunn Deal (A Christine Sterling Mystery, # 2)
  • Due Date
  • Sweet Delicious Madness and the Many Mysterious Deaths of Silvio Berlusconi (Kissed in Italy Mystery, #1)
  • Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2)
  • Rubbed Out (A Memphis BBQ Mystery, #4)
  • Terminal Ambition, A Maggie Mahoney Novel
  • The Silent Bullet (Craig Kennedy, Scientific Detective #1)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Black Daffodil
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Buried (Pennyfoot Hotel #4)
  • Golden Eggs and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 4)
  • a Touch of the Past
  • Regan O'Reilly, Private Investigator (Regan O'Reilly #1)
  • Small Kindnesses
Ann Charles—Author
Nearly Departed in Deadwood, the 2010 Daphne du Maurier Award Winner and a 2011 RWA Golden Heart Award Winner.
*USA Today Best Selling Author,
*Amazon Top 100 Bestselling Author
*Barnes & Noble Top 100 Bestselling Author
*Winner Suspense Magazine Best of 2012, 2015. 2016
*Winner of Paranormal Grand Prize from Chanticleer Book Reviews and Media,
*Winner of Southern Writers Best Co

Deadwood (10 books)
  • Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood, #1)
  • Optical Delusions in Deadwood (Deadwood, #2)
  • Dead Case in Deadwood (Deadwood, #3)
  • Better Off Dead in Deadwood (Deadwood, #4)
  • An Ex to Grind in Deadwood (Deadwood, #5)
  • Meanwhile, Back in Deadwood (Deadwood, #6)
  • A Wild Fright in Deadwood (Deadwood, #7)
  • Rattling the Heat in Deadwood (Deadwood, #8)
  • Gone Haunting in Deadwood (Deadwood, #9)
  • Don't Let it Snow in Deadwood (Deadwood, #10)