Start by marking “Poker Night (Psy-Changeling, #11.7)” as Want to Read:
Poker Night

Nalini Singh

Poker Night

(Psy-Changeling #11.7)

For those of you unfamiliar with this series, this story features the DarkRiver Leopards (Alpha: Lucas) and the SnowDancer wolves (Alpha: Hawke). The narrator is Nate, the most senior sentinel in the DarkRiver pack.

*First published in Nalini Singh's 10/2/12 newsletter.
Free Short Story, 1 page
Published October 2nd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Poker Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poker Night

Sophia Triad
Nate didn’t know how poker night at his and Tamsyn’s place had been invaded by a bunch of wolves, who well, played like wolves.

Wolves and cats play pocket. The highlight of the game is the sudden appearance of Nate's twins.
Cute.
JW
Nov 09, 2018 added it
The DarkRiver and SnowDancer men meet for poker night and try to plan a surprise for Riley and Mercy’s anniversary as they play. Two unexpected guests join in the fun. Cute, short story is free via the author’s newsletter.
Glamdring
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun & cute!
Monique
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have a huge smile on my face after reading this.

It's poker night at Nate's house with Lucas, Dorian, Drew, Hawke and Mercy's brothers... Of course hilarity ensues. Especially as they discuss their plans for Riley and Mercy's one year anniversary.

And then Julian and Roman join the fun. They are so damn adorable. And it was so cute reading about their interaction with Nate. The love Nate has for his mischievous twins is so heartwarming. The love Nate has for his mate is equally heartwarming.

I lo
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
The leopard-wolf’s poker night is interrupted by 4 and a half year-olds Roman and Julian. I love those two little munchkins so much that it hurts. They are just so frigging adorable/huggable/kissable/cuddleable! (Is that even a word? Whatever.)

I’ll give a kidney for them to have their own books once they grow up. Kidding! Sort of...
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I love seeing the SnowDancer & DarkRiver packs intermingling like this, it shows how many friendship bonds they've made & how far they've come together since the first book!

Also, I'll never be able to read about Roman & Julian without a huge smile on my face :-)
Lucy Qhuay
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series/author

Shenanigans concerning members of DarkRiver and SnowDancer and the twins, Rome and Jules. I love when everybody's relaxing together :)
Sheila Melo
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
POKER NIGHT is one of the free vignettes that Singh provides for fans of her Psy-Changeling series that shows her characters living their normal lives. POKER NIGHT is about the poker night between the members of DarkRiver and SnowDancer including Nate, Drew, Hawke, Lucas, Dorian and Bastien. They are discussing plans to celebrate the one year anniversary of Riley and Mercy. There is also a visit from the twins Roman and Julian. This is one of the great vignettes and shows how the two packs are i ...more
Edna
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
D'awww. No family is cuter than the Ryder bunch. <3

Oh and I love the idea of a poker night with the SD and DR guys like this. How do I get an invite (so what if it's probably a guy night)? And can I sit next to Judd and Hawke? Or Drew? Dorian? I'd probably lose all my hands because I'd just be ogling them. Haha.
Ronda
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved that I can join Nalini's newsletter and receive the free short stories, this one was another insight into how the two packs are now strong allies and are together for a poker night - unexpected guests arrive in the form of the cub twins and the game goes on... fabulous and homely!
Darcy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found myself laughing while reading this one. From the poker with predatory animals, to where the party should be and what the theme would be. But the best was Julian and Roman sneaking down and being let in for a hand.
Smiley
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Cubs sure know how to melt my heart. In some ways it's going to feel insane when (hopefully) we get to read their books, of how they grow up and fall in love (mate..). It'll probably be a longggg way away, but even then. I love these little babies :)
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just adore Nalini's Psy/Changeling short stories. So adorable and cute.
Sophia
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
Guys poker night with both Snow Dancer and Dark River members at Nate's house to plan a party for Mercy and Riley. Fun party crashers in the cub twins.

Cute story and loved the camaraderie!
Ellis
Listen, this is the story Nalini Singh (probably her assistant but let’s pretend it was a personal gift) emailed me as a thank you for subscribing to her newsletter, and it really felt like a personalised gift written especially for me. The whole Poker Night set-up is actually just a frame narrative used to talk about how amazing and loved and part of both packs my my ultimate Psy-Changeling OTP Mercy and Riley are. I MEAN. Oh right, except for the second half, which is actually just Nate medita ...more
Tiffany
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nate, Hawke, Lucas and the sentinels have a card game to plan Riley and Mercy's one year anniversary. Of course Nate and Tammy's twins Roman and Jules sneak down to play. Both their individual selfs, and true brothers.
Claudia
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like Nat as a narrator, and every book in where Julian and Roman appear is worth-reading
Katherine
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Nate hosts a poker night with a mix of cats and wolves.

From Ms. Singh's newsletter
Angel Padillo
Members of DarkRiver and SnowDancer are having a poker night at nate and Tammy's, and it's awesome
Nicole Mole
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the twins!
Kerri
I got this (and Knives and Sheaths) free when I signed up with the Nalini Singh e-newsletter on her website. And I'm so glad I did because what a cute story it is!

'Poker Night' is unsurprisingly enough about a poker night (who knew?) with the cat & wolf boys that we know and love shown from Nate's perspective. It gives a wonderful insight into the changeling world using just a handful of pages.
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story starring my favorite Dark River and Snow Dancer pack males playing poker and discussing Riley and Mercy's first year anniversary. Of course, Julian and Roman come on the scene and are just so cute and adorable with Nate. I love the emotions Nalini Singh can put into her stories even the little snippets she provides in her newsletters!
Susan
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story was so sweet! Even though it was set further in the series than I have gotten to (sorry, but I discovered the Psy-Changeling series only recently), I was still able to follow along. I always love to see whatever trouble the twins get into! They are so precious! It just fills my heart to see how much love they have surrounding them, particularly from their parents!
Laura Beth
Nalini Singh gives her readers a wonderful set of free short stories and deleted scenes. The can be found here:
Take the time to read them. They provide an insightful look at the things that Singh thinks about her characters but does not have room for in her novels.
Kathy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Psy-Changeling #11.6
This is a "Poker Night" planned by Drew and Bastien, so that they along with their Alpha's and other high ranking members of their packs could plan an anniversary party for Riley and Mercy's one-year anniversary. Fun times ahead… Enjoy!

Read:
June 20, 2017 - FREE in the author's October 2012 newsletter https://madmimi.com/p/216953
July 15, 2019 – FREE
R.
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Loved this Psy-Changeling freebie from Nalini Singh's newsletter. Nate is one of my favorite side characters in the series and it was great to get something from his point of view. It was also nice to read about the Dark River and Snow Dancer guys interact through something besides battle. Plus Roman and Julian are adorable!
Caro
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: singh-nalini
Pretty good. I loved and the characters and personalities. I liked how so much was put into so little and really felt. A great short(est) read for a quick heartfelt smile feeling. Sweet, fun, and entertaining. More anxious than ever to read the series. Enjoy!
Airaseem  Perdomo
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think this was a great short story. I love Nate! Every character is so great and I love everyone of them. This in look into a normal day for DarkRivers and SnowDancers together was well written and it warmed my heart! Love.

• An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Eternal Flame Bundle (Night Watch, #1-3)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)
  • Caged
  • Curran Twitter, The Wilson Building (Kate Daniels #5.7)
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Last Wolf Watching (Bloodrunners, #3)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Hunter's Season (Elder Races, #4.7)
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Resonance (Holloway Pack, #2.5)
  • To Hell and Back (League of Guardians, #1.5)
  • A Sterling New Year (With or Without, #2.2)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)