Start by marking “Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek, #2)” as Want to Read:
Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek, #2)

Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek #2)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  902 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
One year of marriage. No sex. No complications. No messy emotions.

Stacey Parker laid out the rules for her temporary marriage to Harrison Duval, and Harrison plans to break every one. Ten years ago, Stacey disappeared from his life, and he’s not about to let it happen again.

Stacey has wanted Harrison for years, but giving in to the heat between them could mean exposing he
Published October 7th 2012 by Smashwords (first published October 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Just the Way You Are, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just the Way You Are

Michelle
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stacey is in need of a husband, quickly. She has one piece that remains of her mother and in order to keep it, she must find a man to marry. The problem is, she doesn't ever want to be married. Never wanting to taint a man the way her father tainted her mother.

Harrison longs to return home and the fact that the woman that tilted his world ten years ago is there, is just icing on the cake. Harrison can't seem to get the girl out of his head that he met that day in the cornfield. And when he seem
Dee
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
As this is a novella I really hadn't expected very much but I was pleasantly surprised, it turned out to be a good little read!

~ Stephanie Lynn ~
Just the Way You Are by Lexi Ryan is another well-written story about love and second chances. This is the second installment in the Decadence Series.

One year of marriage. No sex. No complications. No messy emotions.

We were briefly introduced to Stacey and Harrison in book one, which was their wedding that everyone was attending. This is their story and goes into depth about why they both agreed to a temporary marriage.

Stacey and Harrison also have a past together as well. After many years apa
Deborah Perry
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon-done
Such a sweet and heartfelt love story. Characters were real and believable. Lexi has a way of writing that speaks to you! Read this lovely story. You'll be glad you did!
Nina
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just the Way You Are by Lexi Ryan is another well-written story about love and second chances. This is the second installment in the Decadence Series and is followed by Just One Night (Decadence Creek). Although, this is the second of the series, I believe this can be a stand alone read and still make sense. However, Stacey and Harrison were featured in Just One Night as well, so I would recommend reading that one first just to get a better grip of this series.

This second addition to the series
Angel **Book Junkie**
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Where is book 3? Stars

I loved this book. I also love it when an author can write a short and powerful story in a short story and finish the book leaving you wanting more. Not because she did not finish the first story but because you loved the book so much. This is how I feel about the Decadence Creek Books! I want a book 3 to read more about the Duval’s.

Lexi Ryan has a way with words and she can tell a story! She gives you enough background to fall in love with the characters but also enou
Tonileg
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Contemporary second chances romance about that skips backwards ten years and then the present where Stacey Parker and Harrison Duval are getting married, but they have a lot of history when they were young and made mistakes. I think the worse (and best) part of this story is the fact that Stacey keeps too many secrets which threaten her marriage and love possibilities. Angst ridden story with a gentle seduction by Harrison who is clueless about the past, but has lots of ideas for their future. T ...more
Pam McMillan
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, 2014
A great love story of people who get second chances. I was also the 2nd book in the series, Just One Night is the first. It was a novella but it was packed with everything you need in a good love story. I loved Lexi Ryan's style of writing in this. I like the way she would flash back and you could get the jest of the story. Loved the characters in the story and they were easy to fall in love with. Romance, true love, sorrow, regret, and a very painful past are the ingredients of this wonderful l ...more
J.L.
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a short story, novella or whatever you want to call it. But it is moving. The sexual tension is provocative and alluring. You feel hos much Harrison loves Stacey. You fell the shame and hurt that Stacey faced throughout her life. Then the story is wrapped up in a nice little bow to create a happily ever after.

I started reading Lexi Ryan after she was promoted by another author and I really enjoy her work.

I look forward to reading other books, shorts, or whatever because I know it will b
•.¸♥¸.• Booklover59 •.¸♥¸.•
This was a quick, good love story. Harrison and Stacey had a past. Stacey never felt worthy of anyone and always tried to keep people at a distance, including Harrison who she loved. Harrison loved Stacey also and circumstances brought them together. Harrison wasn't about to let Stacey get away for a second time. If you are in the mood for a quick good love story, I would recommend this one.
Connie
Poor Stacey! She lost so much in her young life because of that poor excuse of a father from hell. Thank God for Harrison, her "temporary" husband. Harrison was the only one who ever treated her like she was worthy. The book left a lot of unanswered questions: who set the fire? who robbed Harrison's apartment and why?
Julie Kirby
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this quick, second book in Decadence Creek series, although theirs was a marriage of convenience, they both loved each other, it was nice to briefly catch up with Chase and Addy,

I loved this short read, as I have been reading some real heart wrenching books lately, thanks Lexi, I hope theres more to come.
Lelyana
I really loved the story. A little bit mushy..but hey..I'm in the mood for this kind of story.
Harrison is sweet .... Stacy adorable and I loved the twist. It was just in a right portion :)

I'm glad I picked this up !

Recommended!
Ingrid
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Meh, too much drama for such a short book.It would have been more appealing to me if it were longer to work through all the issues. And I really thought the reason why Stacey couldn't be with Harrison was very ridiculous.
Tracy
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-storys
The characters Harrison and Stacey were a great addition to the first book. Their story was sad and heartfelt. To me the book was to short for me, I wish the book was a little longer because I got pulled into their story. Thanks for writing an excellent book.
Erica Paythress
Full story, in a couple of hours of reading. This story was nice, I enjoyed the characters, and even though I was able to read it in an afternoon, I didnt feel like I was cheated. I really enjoyed this sweet story.
Renee Elden
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
With only 63 pages long, this was truly well written and packed full of romance, mystery and to the point. My first read by this author, love the concept of the story. I loved the story and would recommend to anyone and everyone.
Deborah
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a nice quick read about a girl who's had a truly horrible life but has remained lovely and kind despite it. She finds love and happiness and not before time, great characters and a lovely little story.
Asmaa
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked the second book more than the first. Stacey and Harrison's story had more depth and was heartbreaking and it goes way back ten years ago. I really wish Lexi would consider write a longer version of their story because I enjoyed seeing them together a lot!
Jess Michaels
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Loved this great novella by Lexi Ryan! Picked it up while it was free to give her a try and the story is sweet and super sexy and totally satisfying. Great. Another author to put all their books on my long TBR pile
Kim McGrath
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it but didn't love it. Great little book, however it jumped around too much for me going from past to present. It also seemed liked it started halfway though another story then jumped back and forth to fill in the blanks... Great for some zone out light reading!
Heather Way
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book first of all of Lexi!! Just put it mildly I had to go out and get the next ones because this book drew me in and made me want to read as much as Lexi's wirting possible!! And She didn't disappoint in writing this ones or the others!!!!!
Betty
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a short, romantic story. The characters are well developed considering the length of the story. It has an interesting plot and is well written and easy to read. I enjoyed it and recommend it to those who enjoy short romances. I did.
Christine
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars short story. wasn't bad but it did kind of seem uncomfortable at times between characters.
Amanda
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick sweet read
Keriann Hoover
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars. Just wanted a little more. Good story line, though, just slightly rushed.
Matu Nila
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ok, fast read for those long summer nights. Nothing major, story had the possibilities to grow but the novella-form didn't give it much time.
Stacie Harris
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love these novellas
Erin
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was just too short! 60 pages :(( But I love these characters and love this author. So I'm just happy I got to read it for free!
Michelle Williams
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want more

I liked this one much better. I just would like more. I feel like I now have so many unanswered questions. Then again I seem to always over think things.
  • Naked Edge
  • Twisted Arrangement (Twisted, #1)
  • Girl Next Door - The Complete Series (Girl Next Door, #1-3)
  • Bareback For Cowboy
  • All In
  • Broken Souls (Broken, #3)
  • What Wendy Wants
  • Mirror (Luke, #1)
  • Home for Love
  • Legal Action (Surrendering Charlotte Chronicles #1)
  • One Step Closer  (The DeLuca Brothers, #1)
  • All Over You (Unforgettable You, #2)
  • This Fire (Contemporary Erotic Romance)
  • Heart You (Roommate Romance, #1)
  • Strictly Business
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • One Night In Reno
  • Exclusive Interview (Rock Arrangement, #1; The Lonely Kings, #1.1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.
More about Lexi Ryan...

Decadence Creek (2 books)
  • Just One Night (Decadence Creek, #1)