Start by marking “Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)

Find You in the Dark

(Find You in the Dark #1)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  26,403 ratings  ·  2,022 reviews
Maggie Young had the market on normal. Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades.. normal life. Until him.

Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down. He never thought he had a chance at happiness. Until her.

Maggie thought their love could overcome anything. Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his mes
Published October 10th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Find You in the Dark, please sign up.
Shannon Vanderhyde On one hand, it is a good issue for teens to be aware of. However, the 3ish sex scenes are pretty graphic.
Book_Lover_8 A. Meredith Walters's Reclaiming the Sand series is a similar concept to this one, except the girl has some trouble also. It's an excellent series, th…moreA. Meredith Walters's Reclaiming the Sand series is a similar concept to this one, except the girl has some trouble also. It's an excellent series, though, if you haven't already read it. (less)

·  26,403 ratings  ·  2,022 reviews

Start your review of Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)
Aestas Book Blog

“This is forever, Maggie. I would follow you to hell if I had to.” His breath tickled my skin. He kissed my temple. “You are all I want for the rest of my life.”

Oh. Wow…. *clutches heart* I SO loved this book!!!

Maggie and Clay’s story was a deeply touching, heavy and emotional journey of the intensity, strength and beauty of first love coupled with the heart-wrenching hardships and struggles of someone affected by bi polar disorder.

This book shows you the light, pulls you into the dark and
Debra

"You ran into my life, this beautiful, amazing girl who changed everything." ~ Clay

"And maybe what we had, for those few blissful months, had truly been beautiful. Crazy beautiful. Or maybe just crazy."

WOW. Just...WOW. After finishing this story I honestly didn't know what to do with my emotions. And actually I didn't know what to do with them while I was reading it either. I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster that only went up, up, up and that was bound to come down
Christy
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5+ stars!

And if he went into the dark again, this time I would be there to find him- to follow him. Because I thought, perhaps quite immaturely, that my love could help him. Maybe our love could do more than just help- Maybe it could heal him. Fix him. Fix everything.

This is a story of first loves, intense and passionate. A story of two people, so in love, they thought it was all they needed. If they had each other, everything would be okay. Their love was crazy and it was beautiful.
Aug 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bad-romance
DID I READ THE WRONG BOOK?!?

What in the HELL was that. This is just fucking scary that these girls are rating it five stars.

Not only are there editing issues, but the plot was all over the fucking place.

Where in this book did you find a love story? Because in the book that I READ, I was rooting for a girl called Maggie May to get the hell out of some twisted, mind-fuck, mentally abusive relationship. Which sadly for me looks like it wont happen. This is just awful.

Is it love to be embarrassed in
Amy | Foxy Blogs
I can’t even deal with what I’m feeling right now. I finished this morning but have not been able to write a review because of the pain I feel right now.

I purchased this book three years ago and like most of my books it got buried in a pile on my kindle.

I didn’t read the blurb I just plunged into the book. The title, Find Me in the Dark, should have clued me in on what I was getting into… mental illness. There’s a stigma with that illness unlike the more acceptable health issues that deal wit
xrysa
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Some people are bound to love forever.

“I needed Clay as much as he needed me. We existed in this symbiotic relationship where our hearts beat and our lungs breathed only for each other."
Maggie

Maggie is an ordinary teenage girl with a normal life.She was freaking out she'll never find love until she mets Clayton.

“This is forever, Maggie. I would follow you into hell if I had to … You are all I want for the rest of my life.”
Clay

She cant stop talking about him, much less thinking about him.He mana
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Stars

”And maybe what we had, for those few blissful months, had truly been beautiful. Crazy beautiful. Or maybe just crazy.”

description

Thank you A. Meredith Walters for giving life to Clayton Reed!

Find You in the Dark is a true to life depiction of a young adult suffering from mental illness. We experienced his highs and lows, manic episodes, his anger and his desperation to feel normal through the point of view of his girlfriend Maggie.

I too love someone who suffers some of the same problems as C
Lise *friends don't flag*
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lise *friends don't flag* by: Kirsten P
“Goodness is your virtue. Quiet beauty your weapon.”

description

Find You in the Dark is a beautifully written story of a young women looking to feel something other than normal and a young man looking to feel just normal.

This heartbreakingly real and gut-wrenching portrayal of a young man suffering crippling mental illness and his journey of survival through the love and salvation of a young women, totally gutted me; I fell completely and deeply in pain and in love with Clay and Maggie.

Their story was
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 FANTASTIC CLAYTON AND MAGGIE STARS

Phenomenal!!! ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!! This book is an emotional, touching story, that takes us on a journey as we discover the hardships of someone suffering from a serious mental illness and how that illness can affect every facet of their lives as well as those they love. Mental health does not discriminate, affecting millions of people throughout the world. It’s a scary thing and something that is heart wrenching to read about.

I went into this book blind
Annie Brewer
Wow, I'm in absolute tears and depression right now. This was such a hard book to read. I cried through most of it. I need to get my emotions together to write my review. But after reading the sneak peek for the sequel which is in Clay's POV, I am more than positive that there is light at the end of the tunnel, somewhere. But this is NOT an HEA, so if you're looking for that in this book, don't look further. I need the sequel now!!! My heart hurts so bad for these characters.

Full review to come
Georgia ♥
★★★★★ Darkness & Freedom ★★★★★

♪♫ Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again♪♫

description

There are many kinds of darkness and many kinds of bonds. The worst are the absence of light in a soul and the restrictions we alone inflict upon us. We are our own worst enemies and we abuse ourselves. It takes more than guts to break what holds you back. To see the fault in you. To ask for help. And stop saying I'm sorry.

Sometimes “sorry” is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change
Fathima
“I can't do this by myself. I don't know what to do, or what to say. I can't help you if you don't want to help yourself.” I said matter of factly.
Clay looked at me for a second, then crossed the room toward me. “That's where you're wrong. You save me every single day. You are the one thing that makes me happy. You are the only thing I need.”

OMHYGOD !!!!!!

WHAT IN THE WORLD !!!!!

AHHHH , MY HEARD HURTS ... AND MY HEART .. DONT EVEN TALK ABOUT IT ! IT'S SHREDDED .... NOTHING ... ALL GONE ...
Smitten's Book Blog

Nooooo!!! No No No!!! Oh my goodness! I don't do stories without a happy ever after. This book has torn me to shreds! I was so emotionally invested and I feel like I'd had the world ripped out from under me at 2.30am, when I finished the book, last night.

Mean mean mean author!!

However, it has to be said, Find You in the Dark was absolutely superb writing. The book was totally gripping. I loved the characters so much. Maggie was brilliantly funny, strong and down to earth.

Hot damn. Cue t
Monisha
OH.MY.GOD
What an absolutely stunning book!
SO MUCH EMOTION!

So we have Maggie Young:

description

A seventeen year old who is in her senior year of high school.
Her life is anything but fun.
She is bored of her perfect little life and when a new student with less than the perfect attitude appears at her perfect school she is drawn to him....

CLAY.

description

The boy in a very shattered world who can’t break enough things.

And he’s beautiful and he works at a bookstore and he’s a desert storm in a jar.

Dark hair and onyx ey
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
4 Emotional stars!!

This is the story of Maggie.. A fun loving girl whose life changes as she literally runs into a boy...

“Hot damn. Cue the violins and happy cartoon bunnies. I was in the middle of a Disney moment. Because this guy was gorgeous. And we were standing so close to each other. If he hadn't been holding onto a barely contained rage directed at yours truly, it could have almost been construed as romantic.”

Meet Clay...

From the moment Maggie meets Clay she is drawn to him like a moth t
"That's All" Ash
The sea’s evaporating
Though it comes as no surprise
These clouds we’re seeing
They’re explosions in the sky
It seems it’s written
But we can’t read between the lines

-:- FIVE FORGET-TO-FEED-THE-KIDS STARS! -:-

Maggie

On paper, I’m sure Maggie would look to be your typical, life-symmetrical, normal girl.

She has very normal hair. A normal face. A normal life with two best friends. She runs cross-country, her parents are still together and very much in love, and she has a 3.5 GPA. (and if an
Kim Bailey
WHAT?! How can it end like that???

Such an emotional rollercoaster ... Even though this story was filled with way more teen angst than I can normally handle, it was all so completely phenomenal. Yes ... There were moments that I wanted to reach into my ereader and shake some sense into these chatacters ... But it did seem so very realistic.

Throughout this story I kept thinking about my 17 year old daughter ... How would she react to this situation ... How connected am I to her & her relationship
Karolina
Jan 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: broken-soul
Is there some unwritten rule about this genre that I don't know?

done_zpsa258f8e6 photo done_zpsa258f8e6-1_zpsdf2e6492.jpg

Like many times before, here we have a nice, caring, ordinary girl who meets a mysterious, irresistible, sexy new guy at school with skeletons in his closet, and it's all wrapped up in a high school/friends/parents drama. Sure, it evolves into something more interesting later on, but why put off a reader at the very beginning with same old, same old?

[image error]

I lost count how many times Clay and Maggie where going back an
Mo
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Yep, I am in the minority here. Read all the 5 star reviews. Read all the hype about it and jumped on the bandwagon, as usual. The writing was good. The main characters were good but it just dragged on and on for too long.... yes the last 20% was very compelling and heartbreaking but the rest of the book just did not do it for me. Maybe I am a bit old and jaded to be reading about 17 year old High School students. Will I read the next one? Probably, cos I got sucked into the hype and had already ...more
AJ
OMG! What an absolutely stunning book! SO MUCH EMOTION!

I feel like this is a book in two parts. The first part is boy meets girl, and all is swoony and gorgeous, and I was completely swept up in the romantic bliss. The second part is a much darker, more emotional read that ripped my heart out in places, and left me crying at the unfairness of it all.

Our heroine is Maggie. And OMG, I absolutely LOVE her! 17 years old, she’s honest, open-minded, sarcastic, and oh so witty. Her inner monologue is
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

And if he went into the dark again, this time I would be there to find him – to follow him. Because I thought, perhaps quite immaturely, that my love could help him. Maybe our love could do even more than just help – maybe it could heal him. Fix him. Fix everything.

I need to recover from reading this book. I was gripped from the start and held there, weeping and crying and wanting to strangle someone until it mercifully let me go. This book deals with some se
destini mia
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
… everything had started so simply.
A look.

A touch.

A kiss.

Find You In The Dark was raw, beautiful, and soul-moving. I was so emotionally invested that every up and down, every emotion each of the characters expressed, I felt.

Maggie Young has had the closest you can get to a perfect life.
Great friends. Wonderful parents. Good grades.
She has normal.
And then Clayton Reed walks into her life.
They fall into a world of passion and love, where they believe everything will be okay as long as they l
Lucia
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
My Maggie and Clayton:

Maggie is opinionated and straightforward 17-years-old teenager with normal life. But when secluded and unpredictable new boy comes to school, her life is about to be completely changed...

What started as ordinary teenage romance story, turned into intense and gut-wrenching story of two young people who learnt the hardest way that love and friendship are not always enough to solve real big problems in your life. This story shows us the disastrous consequences of obsessive an
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
Overall Star Rating: 4.5 Stars

description description description description description

Like most books, I didn't read the blurb for this book. I love when it ends up being one of the most self-searching, gut-wrenching books. I had no idea what I was walking into when I started this. The title should have clued me in to something, but I didn't even think to process it.

description

Clayton Reed was the new boy in school. He moved from Florida to Virgina and the high school bully thought he found a new chew toy with Clay and after Maggie literally ran int
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!

This book was just...
God, I LOVED IT!!!

And this is me now...
description

And now I'm running off to read the second book!!!
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4 Cray-Cray stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“The most perfect memories are the ones too painful to forget.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

After finishing reading this book, I still don't know what to think. This book was a wild ride. It was some heavy and quite emotional stuff. It touches the subject of mental illness which is never an easy thing to read about. So, let me tell you how this was for me.

In the very start of the book we meet
K
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 5 Ripping My Heart Out Of My Chest Stars! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
"Maybe I was an idiot, or a glutton for punishment. Or maybe I naively subscribed to the foolish notion that my love could save him. Whatever the reason, I entered the room and sank to the carpet beside that sad and broken boy."

"Because he had, for a moment in time, been my world. My focus, my entire being. And maybe what we had, for those few blissful months, had truly been beautiful. Crazy beautiful. Or maybe just c
Renee
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

"Sometimes, love can't make everything better, and the best thing for everyone is to walk away. No matter how much it may hurt...."

description

A deeply intense emotional journey....

I LOVED <--------- this book............

This is a heartbreaking love story of two different people who fall in love for the first time only to discover that the reality of the situation is so much darker and bigger than the both of them.

"I learned that sometimes “sorry” is not enough......"

description

"When I asked him why he
HILLZ
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5++++ stars

This book was not at ALL what I was expecting. Totally blew me AWAY!

Maggie is plugging along in her mundane, boring life - just existing. Then she literally runs into Clayton Reed. Everything changes......

description

I love that Maggie was so persistent in pursuing Clay and wasn't afraid to go for it.

I was instantly connected with Maggie. I was able to relate to her on many levels. She is trying to hold everything together without anyone knowing something is wrong. She is always having to defe
Alexis *Reality Bites*
THIS IS NOT A REVIEW.

Me, after finishing this book

photo kurtemotionaltwirlinggif.gif

photo crying2.gif

Honestly.. I Don't know what to think... Not sure how I feel...
These characters.. *sighs* Maggie did some things that really pissed me off, I know she's only..what, 17yrs old. I just... can't..

photo tumblr_inline_mium18sA7g1qz4rgp_zps6d0c9cd6.gif

• The Truth about Heartbreak
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
  • The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Lost & Found (Lost & Found, #1)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Keep Me Still (Keep Me Still, #1)
  • Stepbrother Dearest
  • The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)
  • Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1)
  • Unconditional
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Back to You
The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Contemporary and New Adult romances including the Bad Rep, Find You in the Dark, Reclaiming the Sand, and Twisted Love series.

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1CkvffQ

Twitter: @AuthorAMWalters

Instagram: a.meredith.walters

Website: https://ameredithwalters.com

Find You in the Dark (2 books)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)

News & Interviews

“I have learned that sometimes "sorry" is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change.” 149 likes
“What is it?" I asked breathlessly.
"I love you so much. Sometimes it hurts."
"I don't want it to hurt, Clay. Our love should make you feel wonderful.”
120 likes