Start by marking “Rise of the Corinari (The Frontiers Saga, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Corinari (The Frontiers Saga, #5)

Rise of the Corinari

(The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) #5)

A time to recover…
A chance to make a new ally…
A brief respite to repair and rearm…
An opportunity for a people to regain their honor…

For every civilization there comes a moment when a stand must be made against tyranny.

The time has come for the Alliance to draw a line in the sand.
Published October 12th 2012 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Corinari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of the Corinari

Start your review of Rise of the Corinari (The Frontiers Saga, #5)
Per Gunnar
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
With this installment this book series is back in shape after the dip it took (in my personal opinion of course) with the previous one. Not that the previous one really was a bad book but I was disappointed that the Aurora was just sitting in orbit while the action centered around dirt based guerilla warfare.

In this one we’re pretty much back to space and starship action. The Aurora gets some much needed repairs and also some improvements from the more advanced tech that’s now availa
Kathleen
Good story. Battles get repetitive. Obvious plot problem: jumping into distant space with no way to know if it's already occupied
Jean
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed this series. I had chosen to read Ryk Brown’s books because he is a local author. Many years ago my mother suggests that I always attempt to read authors from our area. I have done that over the years but now with e-books and the machine that our local book store has that prints books up while you wait more local people are writing, some good, some bad and some are great. For avid readers like me it’s exciting to have access to such an array of books. Ryk Brown is one of the self ...more
Jason
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice book! Adds quite a bit to the series story arc, and has an awesome space battle at the end. Very well written, can't wait to get the next one.
Kara
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Rise of the Corinari” is book five of “The Frontier Saga - Part 1”. After saving Corinair from the Ta’Akar and the ensuing civil war, the Corinairians join the crew of Aurora to repair the ship and fight off two more Ta’Akar ships.

The space battles are exciting, and we learn that Tug and Dumar know each other from decades ago. The bad guys have developed a faster-than-faster-than-light drive, so communications will arrive at the homeworld shortly, and an armada could follow before A
Stuart
Oct 13, 2012 is currently reading it
Ryk Brown is great bloke. Couldn't get #5 on an amazon.co.uk so he's sent it to me. I owe you a beer !
Christian Leonard Quale
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally! The Frontier Saga books haven't been bad up until this point, but I must admit that I've been waiting for some reassurance as to whether they're good enough to justify the amount of time that it will take to read the number of books this series already comprises of, never mind the number of books that will eventually be released.

With this book I started properly understanding what this series might become, and my occasional doubts have turned into an excited curiosity about
JP
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
It ain't life that left you no choice, its honor!

Things are really moving now. Captain Nathan Scott and the crew of the Aurora are making allies (and enemies), repairing their ship, and taking on new crew. Perhaps the Aurora will finally be up to full fighting strength... at least for a page or two.

One thing that I really enjoy about these books and that shines in particular in Rise of the Corinari is that thought that's gone into both continuous FTL travel and the jump drive. You can't see somethin
Michael
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Out of all of the books in the series so far, this one has to be the best one yet. It is apparent more time and editing was spent on this volume in comparison to the others, as the author really took the time to develop and mature his characters. Brown gets you right into the action, and has you feel as you are right in the middle of the battle scenes as you will find your pulse racing at different times as the action intensifies.

After book four of the series, I was feeling a little
Clayton Falter
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Military detail plus character evolution

Creditable military Sci-fi with some realistic details. Maybe still a bit tied to today's US military terms and thinking but at least plausible reasons provided. Not perfect but not one of those novels that want to make even those only casual tech exposure cringe when they talk hardware and physics. Pretty good effort considering how fast and books seem to be in series.

David Syzdek
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeps getting better

A fantastic, fast-paced hard science fiction romp with space navy battles with humans far from Earth fighting to get home.

My only quibble is with the Kindle edition doesn't have the spaceship names italicized. I read fast and ship names in italics would help with comprehension.
Hakan Jackson
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how the titles of these books are so descriptive of what the book will be about, yet the books themselves still find many ways to surprise you. Even if you correctly guess the plot, the book still has you second guessing yourself.
David
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The frontiers saga

Loved every minute of this novel from start to finish, the action, the intrigue,the sheer excitement of waiting for all the action to start and finish. A great continuation of the saga. Fab
Thomas James
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

My last review must have been Brown's intent when I said there was too much incompetence. They come of age this time. I still think Nathon relies too much on luck, but luck seems to be on his side. Lots of fun, lots of originality, and a real page-turner.
Peter Sidell
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Builds to non-stop excitement

Nathan is maturing into a very effective commander. The preparation for battle and the battle sequence are non-stop excitement. Great attention to detail.ma very well realized alternate world.
Dawn Signoretti
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed

I very much enjoyed the fast pace of the Aurora maneuvers while engaged in battle with the Ta'Akar. The feelings, thoughts, words, and deeds of each character in the story are very real and add so much to the storyline.
Connie Garvie
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

A truly marvelous book, both the storyline and the writing. I am hooked on this series and this episode is my favorite so far. Perhaps that's because the underdogs (and the heroes) get to show what they're made of. Great accomplishment, Mr. Brown!
Paul
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good series. Easy reading. Classic Space Opera.
Will Hudson
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fine addition to the series. Time to take down the dragon.
Bryce Carr
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good series with very well written characters. Very much enjoyed the whole series start to finish.
Matt Morgan
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this series until this book.
David Sheron
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

Another awesome book in the series where Nathan takes the fight to the oppressors. Very enjoyable and look forward to the next one!
Louise Pass
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Space opera for the win, read the whole series!

Continuing action and adventures of Nathan and crew as they work their way back to save the earth from the Jung.
Shelly Singhal
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect

After the frenetic pace of the first four books, this is the perfect interlude of a book. Everyone gets a chance to recharge, we learn a little more about Tug and Nathan grows into his role as Captain. It ends nicely and sets up the next book well. Good work
Mark Zodda
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Much better than the fourth book in the series though I am still annoyed with the poor decision-making and ridiculous plot choices like how they treat the Yamaro mutineers. Ensign Willard is initially in handcuffs on the Aurora because his loyalty is supposedly unclear and his men are in detention, but Nathan Scott still sends them unsupervised to another planet's surface in a "risky" try to make them think the Yamaro is still under Ta'Akar control. At least this book didn't make me want to thro ...more
Don Viecelli
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
From My Newsletter Number 38:
The first review is on Rise Of The Corinai from The Frontiers Saga Episode 5 by Ryk Brown. The story starts out with the Aurora badly damaged by battle and a shortage of crew members. Captain Nathan Scott must enlist a new crew from Corinair volunteers and former Yamaro crew members who have turned against the Ta’Akar. Nathan has started a rebellion in the Darvano system and created a new Alliance of planets that must now find a way to overthrow the Ta’Akar kin
Patrick
Aug 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
fun

I had reservations about the plot device that almost allowed the ship to fall to boarders. At least the characters acknowledged the several mistakes they made. Not being asked to swallow those kinds of errors as normal almost makes up for some of it. I'm nitpicking some but I'm writing my gut reactions as I read it.

The reconstituted crew races to complete repairs with the aid of a newly liberated planet and battles follow. That's about all you can say about the story. The book moves fa
Jeff Pietrzyk
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not ashamed to say I'm addicted to this series. What's different about this storyline as opposed to some of the other authors self-publishing is the lack of a formula for each book. You know how some authors write the same thing over and over but in different locations with new character? So far that's not a problem with The Frontiers Saga.
Greg
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Solid writing

Well written page turner. Better spelling and grammar than most self published books. Feels a little more derivative than I would really like, but the author is improving with each book.
Mary Barb
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Will they or won't they....

Book 5 is an entertaining and blood pressure raising episode. The ride through it is worth the price. If you haven't already done so start with Book 1 and catch up. See you on the other side of Ta’Akar. Happy trails.

• The Silver Ships (Silver Ships, #1)
  • The Others (Blood on the Stars, #13)
  • Embers of War (Adventures of the Starship Satori, #8)
  • The Last Stand (Blood on the Stars Book 14)
  • Gravity Flux: Kestrel Class Saga Book 3
  • Nua'll (Silver Ships, #11)
  • Imperium Defiant (Light of Terra, #3)
  • Duel in the Dark (Blood on the Stars, #1)
  • Veklocks (Pyreans Book 4)
  • Bound by Honor (Vigilante #4)
  • Méridien (Silver Ships, #3)
  • Reconnaissance in Force (Empire of Bones Saga, #6)
  • The Fringe Worlds (Human Chronicles, #1)
  • The War of Pawns (The Human Chronicles, #3)
  • Exodus: Empires at War #1 (Exodus: Empires at War #1)
  • Artifice (Silver Ships, #12)
  • Orion Rising (The Orion War, #3)
  • Alien Assassin (Human Chronicles, #2)
Born in 1960 and raised on an overdose of television, NASA, and science fiction, Ryk Brown has worked as a cook, rock guitarist, stage lighting technician, and paramedic. He currently resides in Northern California with his wife, daughter, and cat. By day he fixes computers, and by night he creates stories.
Having spent his entire life "thinking stuff up", the advent of digital publishing has

The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Aurora: CV-01 (The Frontiers Saga #1)
  • The Rings of Haven (The Frontiers Saga #2)
  • The Legend of Corinair (The Frontiers Saga #3)
  • Freedom's Dawn (The Frontiers Saga #4)
  • Head of the Dragon (The Frontiers Saga, #6)
  • The Expanse (The Frontiers Saga #7)
  • Celestia CV-02 (The Frontiers Saga #8)
  • Resistance (The Frontiers Saga, #9)
  • Liberation (The Frontiers Saga, #10)
  • Born of the Ashes (The Frontiers Saga, #11)
“It ain't life that left you no choice, its honor!” 1 likes
“Stupid men have no fear. Brave men have fear, but they do not allow it to prevent them from doing what they feel is right.” 0 likes