Start by marking “The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses” as Want to Read:
The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses

The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses (The Flesh Cartel #5)

In episode five of The Flesh Cartel, Nikolai is well on his way to undermining the bond between Mat and Dougie, but there’s still a long road ahead. Training slaves is a process full of setbacks, and with these two, the situation is more complex and precarious than usual.

Walking the line with Mat is especially challenging. Too severe a hand leaves him fearful, even broken,
Published March 4th 2013 by Riptide Publishing (first published March 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Flesh Cartel #5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flesh Cartel #5

Monique ~ Sinfully
Nov 29, 2012 Monique ~ Sinfully rated it it was amazing
Choices, Consequences and now we have Wins and Losses… More marvellous Mind Fuckery from my two favourite Authors

photo tumblr_me0uvz4yjo1rb7reyo1_500.gif

Oh Nikolai, what an intriguing character you are! A man with the upmost confidence and determination, his foresight and vision are immovable. Nikolai has a plan and the details and pieces are strategically being put in place, he is stoically commanding and perfectly manipulating the action. Now, he is moving on to the next phase in his scheming and the boys are being taught yet anothe
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
***NO MAJOR SPOILERS INCLUDED- APART FROM MAYBE THE QUOTES***

Yet again another amazing angst filled volume of Flesh Cartel.
It had me gripped until the very last word and now I am screaming out for more.

I absolutely adore this series and all the mental torture that comes with it. I will admit it is the first volume which has made me...

...throughout one of the scenes! I won't tell you which one as I hate to ruin it for others who have yet to read it.

Mat and Dougie pull at my heart strings each t
Alice
Jun 06, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, dark
Hang in there Dougie!

There are no spoilers from Wins and Losses, but there will inevitably be some from Captured, Auction, Choices, and Consequences. (Contains cussing and explicit scenes.)
4 “You have no idea how beautifully you suffer.” stars.
(What fuckery is this?)
Jesse- Mindfuck
He'd be the fighter Nikolai wanted him to be. Except secretly, he'd be fighting for his own cause.

Me: Well that was a mindfuck!
Book: Yes.
Me: Will it get worse?
Book: *whispers* yes.

Mat is suffering, mentally and physically. When give
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
*groans*
description

I haz a shame.

I think I'm starting to like Nikolai.

I know. Don't look at me like that. I have no excuse.

Wait! Yes, I do.

He weakened my resolve with the chastity.

And statements like this:

Sometimes winning isn't about fighting, it's about not fighting. It's about understanding what your opponent wants. And maybe you'll find a way to keep it from him without him noticing, or maybe you'll find a way to give it to him that costs you nothing. Either way, you win. You win and he doesn't even
Helle
Martin
May 06, 2017 Martin rated it really liked it
Even more madness...
I absolutely hate Nikolai's voice and the poison he plants inside Dougie's head.

Mat, however, is my hero! I absolutely love him.

What a plot! Can we please get a good guy soon?!

4 stars!
Debra
Oh Nikolai, you crazy bastard, I just want to punch you in the face every time you open your mouth. The mind games keep going in this episode as Nikolai continue his quest to sever the brothers' loyalties to each other.

Poor Dougie, just barely keeping hold of himself. As much as he knows what is happening to him, the constant abuse and mind games are wearing him down. Nikolai keeps watering those seeds of doubt as to how Mat would feel about Dougie's actions. Nikolai tells Dougie that he was onc
***Ralu~DirtyBooksObsession~***
****This series is Mind F@ck. Very dark not an easy read but I can't stop to read.****
Elena
Mind-f**king continues... How much longer are Mat and Dougie going to survive, to stay sane...?? I hate Nikolai more and more!!! I f**king don't care about his supposed affection towards Dougie! It's sick. He's sick!
Dreamer
Nikolai continues his intensive Mind Fuck of Mat, Dougie and me. Had to read this through twice to absorb it properly..
description
Nikolai sets out to make Dougie a slave to his master's pleasure:

'(Dougie) did want Nikolai's hands on him. Wanted to be held, even if it meant being held down. Wanted some assurance that his life here didn't have to be all pain, that Nikolai could be - what, a lover? A protector? A father?
No. God no. None of that. Never.'

And he wants Mat to learn how to manipulate his new maste
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Feb 03, 2013 Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: m/m erotica, non-con

~ ~ ~

These talented, twisted authors have me hoping, not for freedom or salvation, but for Mat and Dougie to give in…to submit. So, who here has been altered? The characters or the reader?

This serial, then, is the difference between reading about a mindfuck and being mindfucked. And I can't get enough.

THE CHARACTERS

Mat - Oh how nice, Mat finds his joy! Beware Mat, of masters bearing gifts.

He drew a shoddy picture of Nikolai’s face, stuck it to the heavy bag with some of the tape he’d been gi
Beverly
May 06, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-reads
"Accept your fate, or it will destroy you."

Seems to sum this one up pretty well. Still enjoying this addictive series, and can't wait to catch up and learn what's going on with Mat!

Silkeeeeee
Dammit! If I don't get some relief fast, by way of Mat & Dougie kicking someone's ass or mind fucking any of their captors, I will have to lead a revolution. These authors are fast becoming the leaders of sadism and mind fucks. I would never believe that a writer could lead me around like a puppy as these two do on a monthly basis. I'm not a masochist, I'm not a masochists, I'm not a masochist! I have to keep saying this over and over. Then I submit and read the next one. Help!
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Although I liked it, this one (more than any of the others) felt a bit more like filler. Maybe because I didn't come to any conclusion or resolution even of what Nikolai wanted. After the other ones I had these mini epiphanies and it felt more like they were somewhat complete - and a sinister act was waiting around the corner. I mean sometimes it is insidious yes -- but here I didn't really get it in the way I think I was supposed too. To be honest the part about Mat just confused me (well Mat w ...more
Lilli *slowest reader ever*

4,5 stars.

Well, hello Stockholm Syndrome.

In this instalment Nicolai cranks up his mindfucking a notch or ten. And it’s rather uncomfortable, if I might say so. In many stories that involve slave scenarios the reader usually doesn’t get to see much of how Stockholm Syndrome actually evolves. If you want to find out how it could work, read this episode.

Although it seems on first sight as if Nicolai is well on his way to accomplish his mission with the brothers, the lines really are blurring now,
Barbara
Nov 11, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it
Chappy
Aug 16, 2016 Chappy rated it really liked it
OK, that pain serum is seriously crazy shit...

Nikolai can't use it too much on Mat if he hopes to keep the fighter in him alive. He tries to make Mat think about what he wants in life and gives him gym equipment so he can train and stay fit.

With Dougie he uses techniques like orgasm denial and milking to get what he wants...
Em
For some reason I didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous installments. Whilst I am desperate for Mat and Dougie to find some way to escape this awful situation, I can't help but be fascinated with the calm and collected Nikolai. He truly believes that he is helping the boys prepare for their new master and therefore doing them a favor.
FantasyLiving
I'm not sure what to say. I like Nikolai *gasp*... why do I like him? I don't think I've ever liked an anti-hero that didn't "turn good". Haimowitz & Belleau are clearly fucking with me.

Back to my book-crack.......
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
Jul 31, 2013 Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ rated it really liked it
This was the best one yet!!! Loved it!!
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Jul 31, 2013 JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust rated it really liked it
Eww that was good. My favorite of the series so far......
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Another winner! This is a 3.5 star book. The mind-fucking is heating up as sadistic Nikolai tortures both Dougie and Mat mentally. Nikolai is quite gentle in this installment. He doesn't beat either one of them, but he does force them to unwillingly submit to his conditioning. I love how Nikolai messes with the two brothers.

Mat is learning how to keep fighting even though he needs to be broken. The way Nikolai forces them is pretty hawt. His lessons are interesting because if Mat was just a litt
Sara
Jesus, what an awful fucking story.

That is what I say over and over to myself as I keep reading these yet I can't stop. I have to know what will happen to Dougie and Mat. I can't abandon them, I can't leave them this way. What way are they? What the hell will Nikolai do next? What won't he do after that "emptying" session with Dougie?
Stop talking. Please stop talking and let me do this in peace, suffer this humiliation without a fucking narrator.

I am hooked on this series, horribly hook
leigh
Apr 04, 2013 leigh rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-riptide
Good installment that stretches the brothers’ resistance—and the reader’s tension—almost to the point where it becomes too much and collapses into pointless abuse. The narrative makes its point (the brothers have supreme strength of will and determination, but their circumstances are genuinely too much for them) skillfully and with the right amount of realism.

Douglas is offered a “choice” between continuing to defy Nikolai and capitulation. This chapter feels like his last stand, and he draws it
Kristie
Oct 23, 2012 Kristie rated it it was amazing
A fantastic mind fuck, that's what this is. Dougie and Mat continue to try and resist giving in, each trying to keep their pride, dignity, and sanity. Nikolai, for all his wickedness, is trying to teach them both how to survive in the world they've been thrust in to. Nikolai is evil and sadistic... and for all of that, I love him. He's not that character you fall in love with, he's the character you love to hate.

This story continues to thrill and disturb me. I wait with zero patience for the ne
Vivian
Apr 03, 2013 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, erotic
More training/torture and mind games. Nikolai's a psychopath and wow he believes his own spiel--Damn! That could be very useful and fun, not as much as tying him up and letting him bleed out over the course of several days.

Favorite phrase:
“The world did this. To both of us. I am what I was made to be, and so are you.” --Brilliant rationalization
A Girl Has No Name
Another breathtaking part of this series; Nikolai is continuing the training of Mat and Dougie and made my heart break again and again. I can only hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait to continue this series! 4 stars!
Lucy
Feb 09, 2014 Lucy rated it really liked it
I dunno....Nikolai was dropping some words of wisdom in this one.
Limor Moyal
Well the process of molding the brothers is continuing , I don't know why but I don't hate Nikolai ... I know I should by really don't !
G.B. Gordon
Nikolai is so fucked up.
Chat with the authors! 11 25 Mar 07, 2013 03:28PM
  • Waiting in the Throes
  • The Last Rebellion
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything #1-7)
  • Hell and Beyond (Broken, #2)
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Schadenfreude
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Retribution
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • Better the Devil You Know
  • If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
M/M erotic romance author, freelance writer and editor, sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, proudly pervish. I'm a twitter addict (@rachelhaimowitz), and I blog every M/W/F at Fantasy Unbound. To learn all about my current and upcoming projects, please stop by my website. I love to hear from folks, so feel free to drop me a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.
More about Rachel Haimowitz...

The Flesh Cartel (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture
  • The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • Choices (The Flesh Cartel #3)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • The Flesh Cartel #6: Brotherhood