Start by marking “The Earl with the Secret Tattoo (House of Brady, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Earl with the Secret Tattoo (House of Brady, #1.5)

The Earl with the Secret Tattoo

(House of Brady #1.5)

In this exclusive e-novella from Kieran Kramer, a daring young debutante learns that when it comes to love, there’s more than meets the eye…

Lady Eleanor Gibbs is shocked when she stumbles upon a tattooed London gentleman involved in an illicit embrace. Five years ago, a masked man bearing that same tattoo saved her and the six children of the Marquess and Marchioness of Br
Published December 18th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Earl with the Secret Tattoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl with the Secret Tattoo

Sense and Sensibility by Jane AustenThe Captive Heart by Michelle GriepEleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail HoneymanThe Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
"Eleanor"
143 books — 21 voters
When He Was Wicked by Julia QuinnIt Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasOne Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLeanThen Came You by Lisa KleypasStranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas
Earl, Sizzles!
181 books — 73 voters

More lists with this book...

Annie
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This was really cute tbh
The Window Seat
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I’ve recently been trying to convince a friend to read the first book of Kieran Kramer’s House of Brady series and one thing I stressed is that these stories were 100% written for enjoyment purposes. The author isn’t trying to build up horrible angst between the main characters and she isn’t trying to re-invent the Historical genre. What Ms. Kramer brings to these stories is just a sense of fun, with characters we can easily embrace and root for in getting their happy ending.

In the novella The E
Thenia
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything particularly special, either. It starts well, but about halfway through gets rushed and moves on predictably until the end. The story's too short for anything deep, but there are a couple of characters mentioned in the first book that I wouldn't mind reading more about.

Looking forward to the next book in the series, starring Gregory Sherwood aka Lord Westfield and a Lady Pippa Harrington, hoping I'll like it as much as I did the first of the series.
Pamela
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Rated 3.5
Jennie
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining novella with both romance and mystery in it.
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also found on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Good morning to you all. Since I have been reading a lot of books and novella of late, I figure I should squeeze in another novella. On top of it, I didn't get much reading done yesterday either. Partly because we went and saw my Les Miserables (by the way was pretty good, but I still prefer the musical). Sorry I digress, anyways. Last night I started and finished The Earl with the Secret Tattoo by Kieran Kramer.

Here is my quick sum of the story: Lad
Amalina
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Earl with the Secret Tattoo by Kieran Kramer
Rating: 4 stars

Lady Eleanor chances upon an undesirable situation involving a tattooed gentleman, who so happened to be the one who saved her and her company five years ago. However, with his meddling in certain aspects of her life, she's determined to get into the heart of the matter. The Earl of Tumbridge is seen as a man of leisure, but is it real or just a facade?

Eleanor is your typical headstrong female lead usually found in historical romance
Mary
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story was a perfect addition to the "House of Brady" series. Eleanor is a strong female character and James is a caring and honest male character. While he tries to put aside his feelings for Eleanor in order to carry out his mission, he never denies his feelings. Eleanor is used to taking care of herself, but she is smart enough to know when she needs help, that James is the one to go to. She also admits to always having feelings for James, even when she was mad at him.

Being a novella, it'
My Book Addiction and More MBA
THE EARL WITH THE SECRET TATTOO by Kieran Kramer is an interesting historical romance. A Novella. #2 in the "House of Brady",but can be read as a stand alone. See "Loving Lady Marcia" A quick fun read filled with secrets,desire,passion,treason,romance and love. Fast paced with engaging characters and an intriguing plot. Follow James, Earl of Tumbridge and Lady Eleanor Gibbs as they bring down a traitor and finally find a home of their own. A great read for any historical and romance readers who ...more
Lynelle Clark
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story from beginning to end.
A quick fast paced story that you wished would not end and left you wanting for more. The angle with the secret tattoo gave the story a few good twists as you discovered what it represented. A group to protect the crown found the documents needed to put away a very bad man. And it brought two people together romantically.
The characters were interesting, believable and very real. The author did a wonderful work creating the plot and story and I for one will be
Lynelle Clark
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great story from beginning to end.
Aline
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As with most short stories, this one is sweet and, well, short! I instantly fell in love with James Dawbry, enjoyed Lady Eleanor's intelligence and bravery, and cheered when the villain was finally caught (I never liked him, either, Elly). I couldn't help wanting a little more to the already happy-ever-after of our hero and his heroine. A lovely wedding ceremony, and perhaps a baby or two, but I'll settle for that in my own imagination, as I'm sure the author intended.

I've yet to read the first
Phoenix77
A very cute story! I loved how Eleanor and James’s relationship developed, with just enough interaction and history between them to believe their coming together in such a short period of time. I’m interested to see if James’s compatriot pops-up in one of the future books? I especially loved how this story folded into the greater Brady-esque world, with another memorable episode from the TV show being adapted for the new characters.
Candice Gilmer
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it, I thought it was great fun. however it is labeled 1.5 in the House of Brady series, (and I might be mixed up) but it seemed to take place before book 1 in the series, due to a couple of the time references. Though I probably would have never noticed, had I not just finished Loving Lady Marcia last week.

but the characters were great. I adored James and his secrets!
Ada
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a short tale in the midst of the House of Brady series. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible, just a short little read with the slightest appearance by our featured family. I don't think it's a must-read for the series but it doesn't hurt to find out why the talisman was important during the stagecoach attack mentioned previously.
Lourdes
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Liked it. Thought it a nice little novella though it makes a lot of references to the other characters of the series. Unfortunately and once again, found it was part of a series after I started reading. Will begin reading the first book now to make some sense out of what I might have missed. ☺
Agnes
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella is a tantalizing introduction to the Brady broody and the secrecy of The Brotherhood. Am intrigued enough to want to read more about the Sherwood sisters. Light and fun enjoyable reading.
Amy
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A snappy novella. Kieran Kramer's writing is as engrossing as ever - she always leaves the reader wishing there were more pages to come - but this is a satisfying read with appealing characters. Highly recommended to fans of the genre and of this author in particular.
Danielle
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another sweet little story. I adore these characters. They are so rich and real. Very nice quick read.
Bree
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute, quick read. I read it out of order, but it didn't seem necessary to enjoy the story.
Amber Gray
Apr 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Very boring!
Michelle
Jan 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
I hate novellas! AND it just ended abruptly.
Evelyn Rivera
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I real enjoy the story line it was very short, so there wasn't enough time for more action and passion.
Eve
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first Kieran Kramer book I've read and I enjoyed it enough to look up the others in this series. I'd recommend this novella to anybody who reads historical romances.
Danielle
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Super cute little story interested in the series now
Kristine
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great characters! I'm going to look into more by this author.
*MariaA*
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: rose
it was nice easy read,i liked both james and eleanor ,infact they should have had a longer more intense romantic story.
Barbara
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Doris
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I bought this on a whim and wasn't disappointed once I got into it! I'd give it another half star for a 3.5.
Frances
Mar 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Save your dollar, this story is not worth a tenth of that.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 20, 2015 08:58AM

• Once Upon a Ballroom
  • What a Wicked Earl Wants (The Sinful Scoundrels, #1)
  • To Challenge the Earl of Cravenswood (Wicked Wagers, #3)
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)
  • Seduced by a Pirate (Fairy Tales, #4.5)
  • The Second Seduction of a Lady (The Wild Quartet, #0.5)
  • Have You Any Rogues? (Rhymes With Love, #2.5)
  • How Miss Rutherford Got Her Groove Back
  • Return to Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #3.5)
  • A Summer Seduction (Legend of St. Dwynwen #2)
  • A Secret Proposal (Secret Brides, #1.5)
  • When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton, #1)
  • Good Earl Hunting
  • What a Duke Wants
  • At the Duke's Wedding
  • The Duchess Diaries (Boscastle #12; The Bridal Pleasures, #3)
  • The Winter Wife
USA Today bestselling author Kieran Kramer currently writes fun contemporary romance with a Southern flair for St. Martin’s Press. She lives where she grew up–in the Lowcountry of South Carolina–with her family. The first two books in her three-book TWO LOVE LANE series are on shelves now. The third book, SECOND CHANCE AT TWO LOVE LANE, comes out 8-28-18. Find Kieran on Instagram, Pinterest, Faceb ...more

House of Brady (4 books)
  • Loving Lady Marcia (House of Brady, #1)
  • The Earl is Mine (House of Brady, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)