Start by marking “Three River Ranch (Three River Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Three River Ranch (Three River Ranch, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Three River Ranch (Three River Ranch #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  647 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Needing a fresh start from her two-timing fiancé, Aurora McAllister answers a realtor’s ad for a guesthouse on the beautiful, serene Three River Ranch. She shows up at Three River tired, heartbroken, and with no one but her trusty Labradoodle as a companion.

Cowboy Carson Granger has enough trouble in his life without adding a woman and her dog to the mix. There’s the untam
Published August 25th 2012 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Three River Ranch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three River Ranch

♥Rachel♥
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
3.5 Stars

Three River Ranch was like the perfect chick-flick. You know you’re going to have a feel good story with some bumps in the road, but eventually get to a happily-ever-after. You sit down on the couch with your popped corn and maybe a nice glass of wine, and let the fantasy take you away.

Aurora, “Rory” has had a trying few months. She found out she found out she was pregnant, and then that her cheating fiancé was dumping her for his skank assistant. He had the gall to ask her if the baby
Jae
How to rate this?

Author's writing - 4 stars
Story lines - 2.5 stars

All I can say is I liked the author's writing but not the story.

I would enjoy this book tremendously if it wasn't so much about wild mustangs and dogs. And it would be nicer too if the hero wasn't all hot-and-cold-and-hot-again towards the heroine.

Still, I'll check out book #2.
Angela
Well, full disclosure, I don't read romances and I certainly don't read cowboy romances...until now. I resolved to read Three River Ranch, simply because I have consistently enjoyed all the other writing from this particular author. She's done a number of non-fiction pieces over the years in a variety of periodicals, including Reader's Digest. She's written a number of books of true animal stories for the Amazing Stories collections--my favourite being "Wildlife in the Kitchen." She's been inclu ...more
Robin Bielman
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story! The romance quickly jumps off the page even though it takes the characters a little while to catch up. (Which I loved.) The story is heartwarming and sexy, the characters wonderfully engaging, and the setting so richly drawn that I felt like I was on the ranch. I didn't want to the story to end and can't wait to read more from Roxanne.
Kristy
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

Rory is pregnant and recently single. She has plans of moving to a small town to give birth and raise her child and breed Labradoodles.

Carson spends his life trying to save and preserve wild mustangs and returns to his family's farm with hopes of turning it into a sanctuary for his beloved horses.

Fate throws them together and at the same time throws a spanner in the works! What results is a beautifully told story of strength, determination and love.

I loved this story. The formula is pr
Ian
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance and horse lovers

Rory has escaped her home town and jerk-off ex, pregnant and homeless. She rents a cottage on a former cattle ranch as a temporary place to stay until her baby is born. Unfortunately Carson, who plans on using the ranch as a sanctuary for wild mustangs also has a claim on the cottage.

They find themselves living under the same roof and eventually fall in love, but both have trust issues and can't admit to their feelings which causes a little angst.

Three River Ranch is pretty much everything you
Erica
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Oh my was Three River Ranch way too cute! Three River Ranch was the perfect, sweet romance to read away an afternoon. The setting was SO awesome. I felt like I was right there on the ranch with Carson and Rory. The story was a ton of fun since it takes Rory and Carson a bit to catch up with their feelings and admit them. I loved the witty banter between them and the chemistry was a'sizzlin. Serve me up another cowboy story please because this one was way too awesome!
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This was a sweet romance, with characters that tried to move through their problems and build a new life.

Full review can be found on my blog : (un)Conventional Bookviews

*I received an ARC of this book from Entangled Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Jennifer K Jovus
My Thoughts:

Most heroines in romance books drive me crazy at some point. Three River Ranch's Aurora (Rory) McAllister does not. She is a compassionate, level headed and endearing person who cares deeply for those around her, including her labradoodle, horses she has just been introduced to and the biggest surprise in her life – Carson.

Carson, a cowboy and gentleman, is stuck with Rory as a ranch hand. It’s a conundrum that neither of them wants to be in, but together they make the most of it. C
Rhianna
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your mama's category romance!

Did you read the blurb? It's a pretty standard category romance trope, the marriage of convenience, and THREE RIVER RANCH's blurb describes it really well. But expect to be pleasantly surprised that this over-the-top concept can be executed with masterful brush strokes to make it feel less silly than it sounds.

Rory and Carson are far from an easy match from the outset. His family history and the stipulation in his father's will make him very distrustful of both r
Julie Barrett
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three River Ranch by Roxanne Snopek
ISBN: 9781622669707
Aurora McAllister is new to the town and has moved into a house without seeing it first. Rory is there with her therapy dog, Mistral.
Carson Granger has his mustang sanctuary and he's not about to get married to collect on his inheritance from his father. He shows up
and has no idea about the new renter but after talking to the real estate agent he makes a deal with Rory that she can stay at the newer
family house and do some paperwork and not p
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
4.5 stars - mini-review here - see the full post with full review, music & a GIVEAWAY at http://randomjendsmit.blogspot.com/20...

ok this book was such an easy read - I was totally into the story. I read this in one sitting... really enjoyed it! These characters are so well developed and the story flows seamlessly. I loved the turmoil in both characters and the past influencing their present. This is a great romantic book and it plays a great part in the story - but the characters' journeys w
Dolce Amore
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, tour
Written For Confessions From Romaholics

When Carson Granger, the owner of the guesthouse pregnant Aurora, (aka Rory) McAllister just rented tells her that he needs to hire an assistant and not to rent the house, she is determined. She is not leaving. The only person she trusts in to help her giving birth is the nurse-midwife friend, Sabrina Becker; and her birthing center is in Chinook. So she is not going to move.

Carson Granger and his brother Mitchell had left Chinook many years ago. In the yea
Wendy
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oct-12
This is a sweet contemporary romance. A quick read with a fast-paced story.
The characters were well developed and the story flowed seamlessly. The richly drawn setting made me feel like I was at Three River Ranch.

Carson decides to use the land left to him in his father's will as a horse (Mustang) preserve but the land is only his if he marries. Rory pregnant and homeless leaves her cheating fiance and answers the ad for the live in caretaker at the ranch. Both have been on the wrong side of happ
Linda
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Aurora is looking for a new start, for herself, her dog and the baby shes expecting. Signing the lease for a cottage, she never thought it would come with an owner not willing to let her stay.
Carson inherited his fathers ranch, but theres stipulations that are making his life hard, and now theres a woman claiming to being his new tenant, and unwilling to see reason. Hes got no time for this, with a trailer full of mustangs and a ranch to see to. How can he get her out of there?
Quick listen (5+
Aliza Mann
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never really taken to pregnant heroines, but Rory had such a gentle spirit and managed to exude spirit and strength through her ordeal.
I love spunky heroines and as extremely pleased that I picked up this book. She was willing to stand her ground when necessary and never came off as obnoxious.
Very good read.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Ah! A series romance with mustangs! How could I resist? Especially when Three River Ranch is a launch title for Entangled Publishing’s new Bliss line. I was most eager to start reading this one!

This is a nice introduction to the Bliss line. The story moves along at a rapid clip, and it reminded me of a Harlequin Romance. Just enough angst to propel the plot forward and softer sex scenes. A feisty heroine who isn’t afraid to speak her mind, and a slightly socially awkward hero to challenge her r
Tina "IRead2Escape"
4.5

I really, really, really liked Three River Ranch. The first book of the Three River Ranch series by Roxanne Snopek is my first book by this author and will definitely not be my last. As a matter of fact, I can not wait to get to book two.

Carson is home to Three River Ranch. His father is dead and can no longer make his life miserable or so he thought. After hearing the contingencies in his father’s will he can’t help but feel his dreams slipping through his fingers. As a scientist dedicated
Stephanie Collins
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rory just can't catch a break.. first she's pregnant and her lowlife ex has not only insinuated the child isn't his... he's been cheating on her and breaks their engagement. Second the charming little house she is supposed to be renting is a pile of dust, cobwebs and disaster. Top this off by a cowboy who doesn't really want her there and you have the formula for a cute romance. Rory is a mess but under that mess is a good woman who has an incredible heart and mind. She's immediately attracted t ...more
Wendy
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in a single sitting, which speaks volumes about how compelling I found the characters and their situation - their unusual, awkward, intriguing, interesting situation.

The characters were real people, with real stuff going on, all the way down the cast list to the almost walk-ons like Des and Zach, Bliss and Blythe, and even Melissa, who we only see once. Even the four-legged characters are memorable, from service dog Mistral to wild mare Stormy and her foal.

There's a lot of fec
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Ok, last I started Roxanne Snopek's Three River Ranch and I couldn't put it down. I mean I absolutely enjoyed this story. However, there is this thing call sleep and it was calling my name. So, I reluctantly put the book down. So, this evening I have been finishing up reading this book. Without further ado let me share with you Three River Ranch.

Aurora McAllister was trying to make a fresh start in Blaine County, Montana. After all her scummy ex-fiance was
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Reviewd at: HarlequinJunkie.com

This is a nice contemporary romance. The love between Aurora and Carson is slow building but the story has a nice feel to it.

Aurora arrives at Three River Ranch with her Australian Labradoodle after being left and humiliated by her two-timing fiancé. She is thinking about taking time to heal herself and not having anything with another make ever again. But the place she rented is nothing like what the ad had announced, and now the Carson the owner doesn’t want a t
Lynn Spencer
My challenge for the month was to read something short – a category novel or a novella or short story. I tend to buy plenty of category romance so this was no problem for me. When Entangled launched, I had purchased several books from their various category lines to try and a few were still sitting unread on the Kindle, so this time around I decided to try Three River Ranch by Roxanne Snopek. Three River Ranch is a 2012 release from the Bliss line, a line that seems to feature American settings, ...more
Denise
Jun 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In the first super short chapter a pregnant lady uses her body to slam open a door that is stuck on a dilapidated building, then cuts herself on a rusty nail while the dude drives like an idiot and causes his trailer full of horses to freak out and froth at the mouth. Then he ignores his horses (which are so precious to him) to go slam in to this old broke down building and make the pregnant lady fall on to a giant bag of toxic waste and then chunks of plaster fall on her head. AM I THE ONLY ONE ...more
Melissa Maxwell
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really Sweet story. Rory pregnant and homeless after leaving her cheating fiance decides to answer an ad for a live in caretaker at a ranch. Carson never wanted to be a cowboy like his father tried to push him to be but he did love horse's Mustangs to be exact so he decides to use the land left in his father's will as a Mustang preserve. There is a hiccup when the land is only his if he marries. Getting to the land he sees Rory and has no idea why she is there. Sparks fly but are uncertain where ...more
Yodamom
Fun and quick a light tear jerker that will leave you smiling. Romantic tale of two people who have been on the wrong side of happiness. There is one hot cowboy, a strong independent woman, horse, dogs and beautiful Montana. What else could you ask for ? Well there is more. A believable story, well developed characters and many humorous moments.
I recommend this book for anyone looking for a dose of happiness and romance.
Yazmin
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

If you like a love story that is slow building with a little comedy in it, this is a story for you. :)

For my full review please click on the link below. :)

CL
There are a lot of really good reviews for this book out there but unfortunately, I failed to be enchanted by it as everyone else. I've got to be honest and say that the multiple pregnancies probably had something to do with putting me off. The two main characters also failed to capture my interest and I felt all the interactions between them were really forced.
Lacey's Love of Literature
I could not finish this book, and stupid me bought both books at the same time so wasted my money... This book just dragged on and on and there as no passion for me between the characters. Might pick up the second book seeing as I've bought it, but unlikely...
Nienke
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, adult, ebook
Woeps, alles was zwanger in dit boek. Niet erg tho, maar volgens mij was de mannelijke hoofdpersoon ook zwanger, net als die ene boom oh en vergeet de auto niet. Alles zwanger. Overal de zwanger.
Noémie
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une jolie romance. Les "vouvoiements "m'ont un peu gêné au départ mais le tu arrives enfin à un moment ^^
Cynthia
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful sweet romance of starting over from rock bottom with two lovely characters that started out with nothing and didn’t want anything to do with each other but finding away to work together bring their worlds to an even kilter.

Aurora aka Rory just wants to be alone she rents The River Ranch house to have her baby along with her dog. She licking her wounds from an ex who left her for anther women when he found out she was pregnant. I really liked this character she was sweet, k
Lisa
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I started this book expecting to fly through it since it was short and I knew the author. I had just finished THE COWBOY NEXT DOOR by this author and I had loved that book. When I realized it was the third in a series, I decided to read one of her other books. This book is about Aurora (Rory) McAllister and Carson Granger who live directly next door to the couple in the first book I read. I started out conf
Hamisoitil
Si vous recherchez une petite romance sans trop de tralala et bien je vous invite à lire cette sympathique lecture de 328 pages.
La couverture m'a tout de suite tapée dans l'oeil et dès qu'il s'agit de cow-boys, chevaux, plaines et de femmes en détresse, je suis au rendez-vous. Je précise tout de même, que je n'ai pas été conquise totalement. L'histoire était bien partie pour me plaire mais il me manquait le petit truc en plus.

Lorsque Aurora dit Rory, enceinte de six mois apprend que son fiancé l
Brit
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three River Ranch by Roxanne Snopek introduces us Aurora (Rory) McAlester who is abandoned, pregnant, homeless and looking for a fresh start near her good friend who owns a natural birth center. She thinks she’s found a good place to start over but it turns out another person, Carson Granger, has a claim to the same house. Both are determined to not give up their dreams and thus strike a bargain to share the place until a better arrangement can be made. Being thrust into such close quarters with ...more
Heather andrews
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carson he can be a sweet boy in that rugged manly way, "here's the deal." He crossed his arms over his chest. He hated feeling coerced. "I need an assistant. You need a place to live. We can help each other out. At least until...." He gestured vaguely toward her midsection." Rory is just to damn shy for her own good, unlike her I wouldn't have been embarrassed to see Carson shirtless! "I don't know how you like your coffee," she began as she shouldered through the door. Carson sat at the desk, s ...more
Donna Porter
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aurora McAllister rented a house in Montana to get away from her cheating, uncaring boyfriend. When she told him she was pregnant he wanted to know if she was sure it was his. Writing him off she wants to start a new life as a single mother. The place she has rented is on the Granger Ranch land, called Three Rivers Ranch. When she gets there she finds that there is a mix up and she is met by Carson Granger. She tells him he is stuck with her because she has no where else to go and she had alread ...more
Valérie
3,5*

C'est une très jolie romance que Roxanne Snopek nous offre, peut-être un peu classique dans sa construction, mais les deux héros forment un joli couple que j'ai eu plaisir à voir se construire. Afin d'éviter de tomber dans la trop grande facilité, l'auteure a choisi une héroïne sortant de la norme puisqu'Aurora est enceinte de six mois lorsque l'histoire commence et qu'elle débarque dans la vie de Carson Granger avec sa chienne Rafale.

Cette romance western, résolument moderne est empreinte
Debbie Hanson
This was a cute romance read, with all the juicy drama. Aurora (Rory) McCalister has split from her cheating fiance and moves to a ranch to start afresh. With a baby on the way Rory just wants to get through the next 7 months with her trusty support dog that is also pregnant have her baby and get over a horrible part of her life. She signs a rental agreement sight unseen on an old ranch house. When she gets there the place is dilapidated and in ruins.
Carson Grayson has been away for a few months
Dany Mclean
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'ai adoré ce livre. Une histoire d'amour en toute simplicité dans le monde des chevaux Mustang sur un ranch et on apprend. Je le recommande :
Chassez l’amour, il revient au galop...Depuis la mort de son père, Carson est revenu s’installer dans le ranch familial pour y élever des mustangs. Un beau jour, Aurora débarque chez lui avec ses valises. Pourtant, le ranch n’est pas à louer. Le cowboy découvre alors que son défunt père a pris quelques dispositions pour le réconcilier avec les femmes... U
Yona
The last couple of chapters were very very rushed and it kind of ruined the story for me.
Karla(Book Addict)
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
GONZA
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Horses, pregnant and sensitive Women, strong cowboys and love. Nice reading.
Janeiowa
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A most enjoyable read and the start of a new series, I hope.

Brandy
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really great story, I could have read more...
GIVEAWAY :: WIN an E-copy of THREE RIVER RANCH 1 5 Oct 31, 2012 07:16AM
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Construction Beauty Queen (Small Town, Big Dreams, #1)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Sugar Rush
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • Lucky Break (Shamrock Falls, #1)
  • Tempted in the Tropics (Suddenly Smitten, #2)
  • The Switched Baby Scandal
  • Kissing the Maid of Honor (Secret Wishes, #1)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)
  • Desire by Design
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • Bikers and Pearls (Summerbrook, #1)
  • Head Over Heels for the Boss (The Donovan Brothers, #3)
aka Roxanne Willems-Snopek.

USA TODAY bestselling author Roxanne Snopek writes contemporary romance both sexy and sweet, in small towns, big cities, on secluded islands and sun-drenched beaches, with families and communities that will warm your heart. Her fictional heroes (like her own real-life hero) are swoon-worthy, uber-responsible, secretly vulnerable and occasionally dough-headed, but animals
More about Roxanne Snopek...

Three River Ranch (6 books)
  • His Reluctant Rancher (Three River Ranch, #2)
  • Fake Fiance, Real Revenge (Three River Ranch, #3)
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
“A person should never be sorry for loving someone. Only for not loving someone.” 4 likes