Start by marking “Angel Unborn (Deadly Sins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angel Unborn (Deadly Sins, #1)

Angel Unborn

(Deadly Sins #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  983 ratings  ·  87 reviews
Hell has literally come to Earth for one mortal and what’s worse, she is expected to leave behind all hope for a family of her own to stand in defense of humanity against the darkest forces of Hell. But when Satan offers her the normal life she covets, Joey must decide if the price of mankind’s salvation is worth her own damnation.
Strong-willed Joey Benton is the half-mort
Published October 9th 2012 by Jezebel Press (first published October 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Unborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Unborn

really liked it 4.00  ·

Vaishali • [Vicarious Living]
Rating: 2.7

‘Children had it right – monsters did lurk under the bed, waiting for the moment we were alone. Only they weren’t out to scare. They were out for blood.’

“Earth, nurtures life. Air, disperses life. Fire, warms life. And water, brings life. But blood, mortal blood, is life.”

Living her mortal life as human, Joey Benton – who hates her original name and goes by Joey – has the blood of a creature more than human because Joey has always been more than just human. She is half angel. Ever
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
When Andris Bear contacted me in regards to reading and reviewing Angel Unborn, I had no idea what to expect. Although I love being introduced to new-to-me authors and books, there is always that chance that I will not like the book and then I'm caught as to what to do. I took a chance on Andris because not only did Marquita Valentine, who I love, give her my name, but Andris was just so damn funny and adorable in our email conversations that I just couldn't help but instantly like her. I'm so g ...more
Marta Cox
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joey is an entertaining, snarky character who even in her darkest moments thinks the most astounding thoughts. Her attitude certainly captured my attention and there are genuine funny moments in this book. Finding out she’s got an angelic protector in the shape of tall, dark and yummy Ursus doesn’t seem to put her off her stride and she challenges him constantly.
Ursus tries so hard to prepare Joey for those who will come after her but even he isn’t quite sure exactly what Joey is capable of. He
Anca
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well... that started with a bang and ended with a... meh...

Joey Benton is a photographer, working on a male beefcake calendar. So when this hunky, drool-worthy specimen walks into her studio, she does the only logical thing: she asks him to drop his pants!

Turns out, he's not there for the calendar, he's there because Joey is actually part angel and he's been assigned to protect her.

I absolutely loved the start of this book. The writing style caught me by surprise and I thourougly enjoyed that t
Marquita Valentine
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Normally, I don't go for 1st person POV, unless it's for new adult or ya, but Andris changed my mind. I loved the snarky redheaded Joey who has to spend time with her grumpy, hawt angel protector, Ursus.

Andris blends laugh out loud comedy with the oh mai gawd scary with ease. Fans of Gena Showalter and Darynda Jones would like the first book in the Deadly Sins series. :)
Deb Marlowe
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who loves sass, snark, hot hunky heroes and non stop paranormal action of the angel/demon/heaven/hell variety will love this book!
Stephanie
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Story is hard to follow- needs editing- I was confused and had to re-read sections to make sense of the plot. characters not well developed.
Kathryn
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Collins
2.5 Stars
A fiery little red head, half angel girl who sees demons, falls for angel guy who fights demons... This sounds so familiar... Where have read this before?....

The story wasn't bad, just unoriginal. It's basically a rewrite of Mortal Instruments, but a little more rated R, and maybe even a little more funny. The writing style was good, but there was a lot of character hypocrisy. And I'm totally not into oblivious characters. They seem so dense, so small minded and frankly just annoying t
Trenten
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greatest books

I absolutely love this book. I'm 14 years of age and this is one of my favorite books! I hope u never stop writing because you write amazing storys and never run out of this series!
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

It's always exciting to get asked to read a friend's book, and at the same time nerve racking. However, I'm excited to share what I read. Trust me this person is talented and the story is amazing. So, let me share with you a little bit of Angel Unborn by Andris Bear and what I thought of it.

Joey Benton would like nothing more than to be normal, but that's just not in the cards for her. For one thing, she see some pretty scary creatures that might have crawl
Lilly Gayle
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Heaven and hell collide in this dark but snarky mix of paranormal and urban fantasy. From the opening scene, Ms. Bear's wit shines through, despite the fact her heroine, Joey Benton, thinks she's either loosing her mind or suffering from an inoperable brain tumor. But what else would explain the ugly lizard thing stalking an old lady in the parking lot?

When Joey learns she's not crazy but half-angle, she decides she might like insanity better. Heaven wants her to give up all hope of having a fa
Punkin
Dude

This was pretty awesome. Tons of characters. Snark, sass and Plenty that gave me a chuckle. Interesting angels/Demons/satan trifecta going on. Meh on the second...

After a re-read i knocked it down a star. Kind of annoying heroine but parts made me laugh and cry. It wasn't awful but just not fantastic.
Dj Acrey
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

I thought Joey and Ursus are incredible characters, Joey's quick wit and smart mouth had me grinning and laughing many times, what a refreshing para/fantasy !!!!! Can't wait to start reading the next book in this series!!!
Donna
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Andris hit it out of the park and gave me a whole new vision of the afterlife. I do love my kick-ass heroines and Joey does not disappoint. Enjoyed a touch of that same flavor as Darynda Jones and I can't wait for the next one. Thanks Andris!
Rachel Krogen
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I found this story for free and was hooked . I love stories about angels and demons. I recommend this to everyone!
Polly
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Snarky, exciting, a very original paranormal. I absolutely LOVED it and will read all by Andris Bear.

Pam
Feb 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Not for me. I’ve been trying to connect all day and am only on chapter four. Bored. No connection to Joey. Nothing. Joey constantly in her head is quite annoying. Definitely not for me.
Melissa Levine
Rosanna
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing first book in the series!!
Ursus will have you panting by the end of the novel!!
If you enjoy funny sassy smart ass characters well you have them here. Not to mention super sexy!!

Joey was leading a regular normal life until her mom dies of cancer and she suddenly sees Demons everywhere.
Thrust into a life the supernatural and into the arms of her protector. She has a little difficulty embracing her new life and her new destiny.

You'll love this powerful couple and their colourful friend
Izzy  Hix
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An unexpected look at what may lie beyond...

What an incredible approach to a story of angels and demons. I’ve never experienced such a thorough explanation of the dynamics of heaven and hell. That tied with the humor and wit that Joey brings create and unforgettable story. An absolute must read.
Heather
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Definitely a different twist in the books of paranormal romance but absolutely amazing! I couldn't put the book down and I'm not gonna lie I didn't cry some! Can't wait to read the rest of the series! I'm definitely in love with this series! The characters and the way they connect are amazing!
Virginie
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books-read
OMG ! This book was so funny !
I laughed and laughed and laughed.
Of course , the story was also amazing.
Great storyline.
Great and Funny heroine.
Great , sexy and grumpy hero.
Great romance.
Great suspension.

Overal , it was a great book ..
I just hope this was not the only book in their story. That would suck.
Robyn Carter
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A most fullfilling story.

Loved the story the writing and humor.
So engrossed in the lot didn't realize I was smiling the whole time. I could easily live in this book . Everything about it clicked for me. The colorful language "euphonisms" took a little bit to get used to. I really like this author...yup ...a keeper.
Elise Flores
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow wow!

I'm hooked! I laughed so much and loved every character (even the ones I hated!) so much and the twists and turns in this book are awesome! Can't wait to start reading the next one
Tim Gray
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free Kindle download, that adds a star to my rating! Some interesting plot ideas, different in places to most paranormal romance. Quite well written. Hero was a bit generic, and despite what my wife says Satan is not a redhead - ginger girls can be angels also!
Mel
Jan 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Covet

Not my taste at all. Couldn't warm up with the storyline. Joey is a bit to quirky and snappy for me.
The storyline is unrealistic, her behaviour drove me nuts. Sorry. I liked the idea and the plot of this story but it didn't work out. Sorry for the not so good review.
Eftihia Iliopoyloy
Read it

Funny ,smart and sexy . It made me fall for the smart woman who has no filter to her mouth and the steamy dream of a man that has her back. Love and lust drips all over. I loved it!
Missy
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

This is such a different spin on the paranormal romance that I normally read, it is really good. Andris weaves a plot, characters, scenery, love and life into a fascinating read! Thank you and reading the series is on my list.
Catherine Knoedler
Gripping

Spunky and fun, great story that made me laugh out loud and made me want to toss my kindle but couldn't resist finishing. You learn to love the characters, even the not so nice ones.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • Keltor (Guardian Archives, #1)
  • Red Rain (Night #4)
  • Remember Me (Storm Lords, #1)
  • Five Shades of Fantasy
  • Halo Hunter (Of Angels and Demons #0.5)
  • Daybreak
  • To Hell And Back (Lily Harper #3)
  • Hunter Sacrificed (Wild Hunt #0.5)
  • The White Queen (The Black Prince Trilogy, #2)
  • Howler's Night (Night, #3)
  • Angel of Death:  A Love Story (Children of the Fallen, #1)
  • Tanaquill
  • The Fallen (A Sons of Wrath Spinoff)
  • Immortal Destiny (The Immortal Prophecy Saga #2)
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Everlasting Hunger

Deadly Sins (7 books)
  • Angel Redeemed (Deadly Sins, Novelette #1)
  • Greed