Start by marking “Zen of Hoarding” as Want to Read:
Zen of Hoarding

Zen of Hoarding

Ranked Amazon #10 Bestseller in Personal Transformation.

Zen of Hoarding is infused with light spiritual wisdom, offered in 108 manageable pieces for reflection. Each offering provides a thought for meditation as we unravel the mysteries behind our habits of hoarding. It strips the label and unearths what lies at the heart of our decisions regarding things.

Saira Priest rev
Published November 21st 2012 by Niche Publishing & Marketing (first published November 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zen of Hoarding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zen of Hoarding

Fran Bott
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Remember the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Such is the message of this book. Without negativity and no “you’ve got to”, Saira digs into the deep emotions behind hoarding. In fact the word “hoarding and hoarder” is used very little in this book.
Instead what you will find is how to deal with the underlying causes of hoarding. Emotions and habits are identified and how to free your
Wendy Arnott
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Won an ebook edition from Librarything.. have to say it is an excellent book. Its positive, enlightening, and speaks to all adults. Anyone ever raised with "Don't throw that out, you may need that one day" will love this. It gives the reader permission to get rid of whatever it is and turn the focus back to the lifestyle/home you want. May my mail never clutter the counter all week again nor shall I feel guilt over saying "this simply doesn't work for me!" Ms. Priest is awesome. Definitely a boo ...more
Shasta Matova
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy to read book with 108 chapters. Each chapter leaves you with a little bit more understanding and gentle instruction on how to clear the pathways in your mind and clear the clutter. I recommend reading just one chapter a day and allow it to sink in your mind before moving on to the next chapter.

I have shared this book with my friends, and everyone who has read it has started clearing out their spaces both in their houses and presumably in their minds.
Sandra
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
An oddly familiar book. When you begin to read, you may find yourself nodding at points. I was recalling what I once knew now blurred through distance, time and indecision.

I marked several pages to work on. Difficult inner work to be done, necessary work.

108 Suggestions and points to consider as you begin to clear your space and rediscover richer pleasures and a lighter life.
Jayna
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is packed full of wisdom whether you are a hoarder or not. You truly learn what hoarding is and it doesn't have to have anything to do with physical possessions. The examples in the book are simple to understand and implement in your life. Super glad I found this book!
Erdahs
Nov 17, 2012 marked it as dearly-departed
Shelves: first-reads
Won as part of the Goodreads first reads program. Review to come.
Elizabeth
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Priest presents 108 bite-sized meditations to consider, to help the reader clear clutter and to transform the thinking and habits that created the clutter in the first place. Many of her points are ones I've encountered elsewhere, but she puts them together here with insight, compassion, and humor. She raises some really good questions, and I came away with a new perspective on why certain kinds of clutter keep recurring in my life. (clutter as unprocessed experience and "however you spend your ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
The book is ok. However I did not learn anything that I did not know. I dislike clutter so it is hard for me to understand this is a disease.
Alanna
Nov 15, 2012
Saira Priest
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
Aug 05, 2016
Andrea Girolamo
Mar 02, 2015
NormaCenva
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2013
Zen of Hoarding - FREE e-book w/ Tweet 1 3 Sep 08, 2013 12:57PM
It's Spring! Are You Ready to Clear the Clutter? 1 2 Mar 20, 2013 11:29PM
  • No More Bullies: For Those Who Wound or Are Wounded
  • Invitation to Psychology
  • Bully: An Action Plan for Teachers, Parents, and Communities to Combat the Bullying Crisis
  • I Have Cancer. And I've Never Felt Better!
  • Controlling Your Anger Before It Controls You: A Guide for Women
  • Conquering Chronic Disorganization
  • Emotional Abuse: Silent Killer of Marriage - A 30 Year Abuser Speaks Out
  • Calories & Corsets: A History of Dieting Over 2,000 Years
  • How to Lose Weight in Your Sleep: Easy No Diet Weight Loss Secrets to Be at Your Dream Weight
  • Live Your Best Life: A Treasury of Wisdom, Wit, Advice, Interviews, and Inspiration from O, the Oprah Magazine
  • Seeking Peace: Chronicles of the Worst Buddhist in the World
  • Making Hope Happen: Create the Future You Want for Yourself and Others
  • Lifesigns: Tapping the Power Synchronicity, Serendipity and Miracles
  • Living and Loving after Betrayal: How to Heal from Emotional Abuse, Deceit, Infidelity, and Chronic Resentment
  • Coping With Difficult People: The Proven-Effective Battle Plan That Has Helped Millions Deal with the Troublemakers in Their Lives at Home and at Work
  • When Your Adult Child Breaks Your Heart: Coping with Mental Illness, Substance Abuse, and the Problems That Tear Families Apart
  • Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding
  • The Ultimate Survival Manual (Outdoor Life): Urban Adventure - Wilderness Survival - Disaster Preparedness