Start by marking “Mermaid Mary Margaret” as Want to Read:
Mermaid Mary Margaret

Mermaid Mary Margaret

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Mary Margaret is a spunky ten-year-old girl with a tough mission. Her mother has asked her to accompany her recently widowed grandmother on a cruise to the Greek Islands. Mary Margaret wonders if she'll really be able to help her grandma get the rest, relaxation, and recuperation she needs, or if she'll just be in the way on this seniors-only cruise.
But in time Mary Marga
Hardcover
Published June 12th 2004 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Maria
May 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read MMM in one go. simply because I fell in love with Mary Margaret from the beginning. She is so likeable, with so much depth. Many times throughout the book, I thought back of when I was a little girl spending time with my grandmother. Good books take us to other places and this book did just that for me.
I loved especially how Mary Margaret is so open with us in the book as she shares her worries, fears, guilt, dreams, crushes and hopes. The diary style gives us a chance to get to know MMM
Mary Taitt
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I bought it for my ten-year old granddaughter and I think she will enjoy it very much.

It is a quick easy read with sadness and fun and lots of childish questions. A ten=year old and loses her grandfather and goes with her grandmother on a trip to Greece that was planned for Grandma and Grandpa, meets people, has some adventures. She loves mermaids and pretty things and attends a wedding in a special way.
Mar 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
What a sweet book! This is a great read for kids, especially girls, 10 and under. Mary Margaret is a wonderful and vivid character, with a strong voice, and the reader is easily pulled into her adventures. The author deals with big issues such as death and guilt and mourning with a kind and gentle touch, making for a very accessible and lovely read, for kid or adult alike.
Jim
May 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
A book little girls will love.
Kendra Elie
rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2008
Lynn
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Julianne
Lira
Jun 22, 2017
Maci Dierking
Apr 11, 2018
Lynn E. Hazen writes books filled with humor, heart and hope. SHIFTY, her young adult novel, was praised by Kirkus Reviews as “a realistic story that resonates. Smart writing and an engaging narrative keep the story fresh, while an interesting plot will keep readers turning the pages.”

SHIFTY was chosen for VOYA’s Top Shelf Fiction, as a CCBC Choice, and as a Smithsonian Notable.

Lynn’s books for