Start by marking “Amor verdadero y otros desastres” as Want to Read:
Amor verdadero y otros desastres

Amor verdadero y otros desastres

(Chinooks Hockey Team #4)

DISASTER NUMBER ONE: MEN

Hard knocks and hunger taught Faith Duffy not to believe in love. Still, when she married her very wealthy --- and very old --- husband, she became the perfect wife. And then he went to that big bank in the sky, leaving Faith with lonely nights, a pile of money, and a total mess of a pro hockey team. Heck, Faith doesn't even watch hockey!

DISASTER NU
Published October 1st 2012 by Phoebe (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Amor verdadero y otros desastres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amor verdadero y otros desastres

KarenH
True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson

When Faith Duffy's elderly husband, Virgil, passed away, not only did he leave her an outrageous amount of money, he left her his hockey team as well. Faith, who had been a trophy wife for the last 5 years and a stripper/Playboy centerfold before that, had no idea how to manage a hockey team. She was going to sell the team to Landon, Virgil's snarky son [image error] but retracted the offer when Landon embarrassed her in front of the team by callin
Auntee
May 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of sexy sports romances
Recommended to Auntee by: KarLynP
Just a quickie review here because, seriously? There's no way I can match KarenH's review (http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... tells the whole story complete with some awesome pics.:)

Anyhow, this series is shaping up to be my favorite sports romance series of all time. This one wasn't my favorite, but it's still a very enjoyable, super-sexy read, loaded with plenty of sexual tension, a cranky hero (I think all the heroes so far have been kind of foul-tempered), a sexy, vulnerable heroine de
Mo
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this one. Love when the characters start off not liking each other.

Will definitely continue with this series.

Alba Turunen
4’5 Estrellas, y no han sido las 5 porque me ha faltado un pelín más de desarrollo y un epílogo, pero si soy sincera, es de los mejores libros de romance contemporáneo con deportistas que he leído.

Hace unos pocos años que empecé esta serie, pero las editoriales españolas se han portado tan bien (nótese la ironía) con ésta autora, y en particular con ésta serie, que siempre me ha dado un poco de pereza seguirla pese a saber que sus libros son buenos.

Por otro lado me da la impresión de que a pesar
Cathryn
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
3.5 stars. Ty Savage is yummy.
Cyndi
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An adorable hockey romance. Our heroine is a former stripper turned Playboy Bunny turned wife of an old rich guy. He told her that for every year she’s married to him he will give her ten million dollars. Although she would have happily given him many years, he left the mortal coil at 5. He also left her his hockey team that he had invested lots of time and money into developing so they could bring him the Stanley Cup.
Instead of selling the team she decides her new career will be as team owner
Büşra Öztürk
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
yazar hanım seri boyunca bütün kadın karakterlerini itinayla harcadı ve kitapların sonunda bu durumu düzeltmek yerine seksle üstünü örttü. Neden anlamiyorum. Erkek karakterleri "iyi, harika, mükemmel ama yüzeyde kötü adam " rolündeyken kadınları çeşitli sorunlardan muzdarip bırakıp toparlamaya bile gerek görmüyor. Yani kitaptan kurgudan bir şey beklememek gerektiğinin farkındayım.Üst üste seriyi okuyunca benzerlikten dolayı çenemi tutamadım. Bu seri de bizımle deyılsin Rachel!
Karen
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Take one for the team."

Another great story. I'm really enjoying this series. This one was pretty steamy. Although I would have liked the heroine to have a little more grit. Looking forward to the next one.
Jacob Proffitt
This is the fourth in the series, and includes characters from previous books. Well, from the first two books, anyway. Which is good because the third sucked. You don't really need to read the first two, but it is nice to know the occasional character as they crop up and they were worth the read anyway.

While nowhere near as bad as the third, this story didn't really connect for me. As far as I could tell, the main characters only really bonded over sex. Not that sexual attraction is a bad thing,
Michelle [Helen Geek]
12/26/2014 -- Re-read

One of my favorite authors. I agree with my original 4.5 Star rating. A fun book and a really good series.

Overall Rating = 4.5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars -- [A re-read ... inva
Bibiana In Bookland
Jan 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
No... lo siento pero no me ha gustado tanto como esperaba. Los personajes me han parecido muy planos, la historia muy predecible y nada emocionante, todo muy repetitivo. La impresión que me ha dado la protagonista, ha sido de mujer débil y dependiente, muuuuy dependiente, y eso no me gusta nada. Además incoherente, pues piensa una cosa y luego actúa de otra manera. No he conectado con los personajes, ni con la historia. Si tiene una estrella es porque me ha mantenido entretenido, y ya está. Punt ...more
Sophie
Apr 30, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
First of all I feel like I should stress that when reading and rating romance novels, I keep in mind that it's a romance novel - my expectations are basic at best, and I make allowances for a greater suspended disbelieve and a language and style that's appropriate for the genre - nothing extraordinary. But I do want my romance novels to be better than *this*.

While Jennifer Crusie's Bet Me is the kind of chick lit that makes me want to read more m/f romance, this is the kind of book that makes me
Lauren
True Love & Other Disasters
4 Stars

Series note: While this is book #4, it and all the previous books can be read as stand alones as there is no continuous storyline and it is rare for a an earlier character to put in an appearance.

Faith Duffy married for money and is not ashamed to admit it. A former stripper, her elderly husband offered her the safety and security she had always craved, and now that he has passed, she finds herself the reluctant owner of the Chinooks hockey team - the only p
Melissa
I really love Rachel Gibson's writing style. All of her books I have read are very easy to read and flow through the pages.

She writes great characters that are flawed and believable she writes them to be quirky and humorous at times and usually has me laughing out loud a few times. She writes great love scene's that are smokin' that I often wish they start sooner in her novels.

When Faith Duffy’s elderly husband and Chinooks Hockey Team owner Virgil Duffy passes away and leaves her his team. Fai
willaful
Hard to rate this one. On the plus side, it kept me engaged, and I thought it was kind of interesting for once to have a "gold digger" heroine who actually could truly be considered a gold digger. (Though of course she's practically a virgin widow and was never that into sex til she met the hero.) Unfortunately, her character is pretty inconsistent. And not only is the story quite derivative and the writing repetitious but there is very little chemistry between the leads. I just talked myself ou ...more
♡Karlyn P♡
3.5 stars. A really cute sexy story, but not a lot of depth. A quick read by a great author. Perfect beach reading material. I agree with many who are happy she is writing about hockey again.
Bella Carstairs
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Los libros de Rachel Gibson siempre te hacen pasar un buen rato. De momento no he leído uno que no me haya gustado. Sí, algunos son mejores que otros, pero en general son libros que se leen solos y que te hacen disfrutar de la lectura, sobre todo si eres amante del género romántico. Y si te gustan los deportistas sexys, más.
La hirtoria de Ty y Faith es una historia de atracción, deseo y, además, prohibida. Ella ha heredado el equipo de hockey del que él es capitán. Él está centrado en su carrera
Romance Novel TV
May 31, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson
4.75 Stars
Reviewed by Stacey Agdern, romance reader and Ranger Fan

When they signed their deal with Harlequin, NASCAR noted that “40 percent of its estimated 75 million fans in the United States (were) women”. But what about the NHL, where it is reported, that anywhere between 33 to 44 percent of its fan base is female.

What we do know is that there’s enough of a female fan base for the Washington Capitals to have formed the first official female NHL f
Tammy
First, I’m happy that Rachel Gibson is writing about hockey again.

With that said, I couldn’t relate to Faith in this book and had a hard time drumming up sympathy for her. She is a stripper turned Playboy Centerfold turned trophy wife who is struggling to find herself after her elderly husband kicks the bucket. I felt like I needed a little more back-story on her character. She totally despised her childhood and her mother’s lifestyle as a stripper, yet followed in her mother’s footsteps. WHY? F
Suzie Quint
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really like Rachel Gibson's books. One of the reasons is that she doesn't make sex the payoff at the end. Love is the payoff. In this case, there's a lot of sex that starts fairly early on. A lot of very hot sex. The payoff comes when the hero professes his love, refusing to let her sacrifice to "take care" of him.

I also like that Gibson's men are real men and not women in hairy suits. Being a professional hockey player, the hero is all man and talks and thinks like a real man. As long as Gibs
Sandra Mariscal
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Entre 3.5 y 4.

Hacía muuucho tiempo que no leía nada de esta autora, es más solo he leído un libro de ella, el de Jane juega y gana, que me encantó y me divirtió a partes iguales. Con este me he reído menos, aunque me ha durado un suspiro, pues es un libro que se lee en nada. Me han gustado los protagonistas, aunque la historia de amor, para mi gusto, un poco rápida. Aun así, es una muy buena opción para leer ahora en el verano :D
Shannon
Normally I enjoy Rachel Gibson's books for an entertaining (guilty pleasure), easy, weekend read. This story just seemed too predictable and I just really couldn't get into her characters this time around. I actually kind of skimmed through the last chapter or so until the ending - which is normally something I don't do.
Jiana
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Why am I only noticing that there are books I've read ages ago and haven't added them on here?
Janet Robel
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book. I couldn't get into the hockey theme but still enjoyed this. Faith is a great character so it was easy to stay engaged in the pages.
Susanne
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people enjoying hot angst-free romance
Shelves: genre-chicklit
I loved loved loved this book! Straight to favs! I am super giddy right now with a big grin on my face. If the rest of her books are anything like this I have found a new favorite author! I cannot describe what make this book so awesome but I am going to try anyway.

1. Trophy wife inherits the hockey team, discovers herself and fall in love with the captain of the team. The plot is simple and you get a picture of what this book is going to be - but you couldn't be more wrong. In fact, this book b
Phyllis
May 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-comedy
Rachel Gibson has it tough with me. She rated a five stars with her first two books, Simply Irresistable and Truly Madly and I compare all of her books to the first two. Gibson writes a sexy romance.Ever since she introduced the Seattle Chinooks in her first book, Simply Irresistable, I wanted more stories about the players. Sex and hockey is the greatest combination since chocolate and wine. The hero, Ty Savage, is the new captain of the team. He has to deal with the new owner of the team, the ...more
marieno
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ok. First of all, the bad things: the action is slow in the beginning. Rachel Gibson missed a lot of opportunity. Faith and Ty could have teased each other via the media more than once. The Beauty and the Savage beast theme could have been exploited more than once. Faith could have been more at ease with the players. Faith's mother and Ty's father were obnoxious.

Ok. The good thing: Faith and Ty had good chemistry going on for them. I still need to read Rob's story but for now on, Ty is my favori
Iva
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Shelves: klub-knjige, own
Kada milijunas Virgil Duffy svojoj mladoj udovici Faith (kada bi ovo bio film nju bi glumila Reese Witherspoon), oporukom ostavi veliku svotu novca i svoj obozavani hokejaski klub Chinooks svi su sokirani, a kapetan Chinooksa Ty Savage zvani Svetac i bijesan (kada bi ovo bio film njega bi glumio Vin Diesel) jer plavusa koja nema pojma o hokeju i vodjenju kluba ozbiljno ugrozava izglede za osvajanjem Stanley Cup -a te izmedju njih pocinje rat, ali i frcati iskre i krece zabava....
Citajuci ovu knj
Maggie
(Re-read on audio 2015)- Found this on my library's audio online library site and decided to "re-read" it on audio. I may have liked it better this time around but it did remind me again of a SEP book, great book though, fun on audio.

(Read May 2009) I like Rachel Gibson but this was not my favorite of hers. It looks like its going to be #1 of a series with #2 coming out next spring.

The inherited Hockey team reminded me of Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Phoebe who inherited the Chicago Stars football
Stephanie
This was a fantastic book...right up to the end! It just ends no epilogue or anything??? Very disappointing. I need a little closure. It does have a happy ending though. The characters are both very likable and the chemistry between them oozes off the pages. This would have been a five star for me if Ms Gibson would have written an epilogue.
  • Power Play (New York Blades, #7)
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)
  • Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)
  • Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2)
  • Hot Item (Hot Zone, #3)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's

Chinooks Hockey Team (7 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1)
  • See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
  • The Art of Running in Heels (Chinooks Hockey Team, #7)
“-"Stop"
"I've tried. I can't. These past few days, not knowing if you were okay have been hell."
-"I'm okay."
"I'm not.”
18 likes
“She took a deep breath and forgot to exhale. She wondered what it would be like if she licked him up one side and down the other.
"What are you thinking?"
She suddenly felt kind of hot and dizzy and accidentally let Layla out.
"That I want to lick your tattoo," she whispered.”
4 likes