Start by marking “Rage (Faces of Evil, #4)” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

Rage

(Faces of Evil #4)

The Faces of Evil Series: Book 4

Published April 30th 2013 by Forever (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rage

Start your review of Rage (Faces of Evil, #4)
Mary Gramlich
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nothing works better than a woman on a mission who carries a badge

Fresh off a nightmare case that found her kidnapped and still being hunted, Jess Harris is back on rotation and embroiled in a horrific murder case. The wife of a beloved member of the police force who has been deemed a saint by anyone that knew her is found brutally murdered. If you have no enemies who would not only want you dead how does Jess reconcile the anger that fueled this crime.

At first glance all appearances point to
Cheryl
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
A police officer’s wife has been murdered and beheaded. Who would want her dead? Also, it seems that the killer was not the only one in the house. An eight year old autistic boy named Devon was there. He holds a clue as to who the killer is.

Jess Harris is on the case along with her romantic interest, Chief of Police Dan Burnett.

Rage is my first introduction to the Faces of Evil series. I must have been hiding under a rock to have not known about this series. This is right up my reading alley.
Becca Booksreview
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-reviewed
Goodreads book Description:

When Jess Harris moved back to her Alabama hometown, she thought she'd left her past behind her. But the blood bath the new Major Crimes deputy chief finds at a murder scene is beyond even the savagery of Eric Spears, the serial killer who now haunts Jess's life with terrifying text messages. Amid eerie echoes of the Charles Manson massacre, Jess investigates the dismemberment of a cop's wife while her baby lay sleeping down the hall.

The discovery of two more headless
Regan Black
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Faces of Evil series by Debra Webb features an outstanding cast, tightly woven plots, and chilling twists that will keep readers turning pages until Jess and her team sort out each case.

RAGE is another fantastic, hair-raising thriller that stands alone, but watching the friendships and relationships evolve from one book to the next is a bonus. Webb is a master storyteller and I'm looking forward to the next book already.
Marijane
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Romantic Suspense does not get any better than the imitable Debra Webb's Faces of Evil series. The primary reason that this series succeeds is that Ms. Webb manages to combine action-packed plots with character driven ones, no easy feat. There are recurring characters coping with their flaws, personal growth, and intimate relationships at the same time that they are dealing with murder and mayhem.

The main characters, Jess Harris and Dan Burnett, were lovers twenty years ago. Jess, a former FBI
Heather
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Title: Rage

Author: Debra Webb

Series: Faces of Evil #4

Synopsis (from bn.com):

When Jess Harris moved back to her Alabama hometown, she thought she’d left her past behind her. But the blood bath the new Major Crimes deputy chief finds at a murder scene is beyond even the savagery of Eric Spears, the serial killer who now haunts Jess’s life with terrifying text messages. Amid eerie echoes of the Charles Manson massacre, Jess investigates the dismemberment of a cop’s wife while her baby lay sleeping
Meigan
True to form, this book starts off days after the previous book ended. There is still MS-13 activity, though not as heavy as I would have thought. The previous book led me to believe that there was going to be a serious gang war, and while it was referred to several times, it didn't seem as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Jess has 2 cases to work on in this book - the murder of the wife of a fellow police officer, and the disappearance of an autistic little boy named Devon. I really liked
Terry Gregson
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Debra Webb has done it again! The Faces of Evil series just keeps getting better and better! Rage rocks. I kept trying to guess the outcome, but I was never really sure who did it until it was actually revealed. If you love romantic suspense, you're going to love Debra. She always leaves you wanting more. I love the way the next book in the series always picks up within a day or two of where the last book left off. The characters walk off the page and into your heart. Jess and Dan are the ...more
Kellie Harrington
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this installment of the faces of evil Jess and her team needs to find out who murdered a cop's wife and stole a little boy who witnessed the murder.
Jess has more than murder on her mind she has her boss Dan on her mind and she has to deal with working and falling for him, he is seeing a new side of her dealing with people she has been showing her motherly instincts and I think Dan likes that and Jess is noticing how she feels.
Jess also has someone threatening her its up to Dan and Jess to
Gail
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rage is the next book in the Faces of Evil series. I have been reading Debra Webb, for a while. She writes the most suspenseful books, and you will find yourself wanting to know what will happen in the next book. The two main characters (Jess Harris-Dan Burnett) in this story will keep you on pins, and needle, wondering what is happen between them, and what dangers that will come around the next bend for them.

This is number four, in this series, and more to come. But if you haven’t read Debra
Charles
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
this was my first book by Debra Webb but it will not be my last. although the first couple of pages were confusing it got put together quickly after t...more this was my first book by Debra Webb but it will not be my last. although the first couple of pages were confusing it got put together quickly after that. it differently kept my interest the entire way through to the end, even once you figured it out there where twist right up to the end. there were mention of stuff that happen to the main ...more
Toni
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
She couldn’t control her Rage.
I’m beginning to feel a little sorry for Jess Harris. She doesn’t but finish one case and another lands in her lap. Rage once again focuses on the case the week as opposed to the Player. This case brings Jess a beheaded cop’s wife and a missing eight-year-old boy who may have witnessed the murder. Jess must navigate the tricky waters of the death of one of their own to solve this case. A new character joins the cast in Rage: Dr. Sylvia Baron, Assistant ME. She’s
Pat
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Another lacklustre book. I've been having another little slump. This was very tame and the plot seemed a bit circular. There was too much emphasis on the romance this time which is boring me senseless. I was really hoping this series would be dark and gritty, and while it started out that way it has fizzled for me. I will try one more book and if it doesn't measure up I am done.
Darlene
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Great book just like the previous ones. Each page brings something different and makes you want to read faster to find out what happens next. Must say, I did not see it coming as to who the killer was of a cops wife. But as the story progressed, and when the person suspected was questioned, you got the feeling that something was just not right. And then when the little autistic boy from next door gets kidnapped because he inadvertently may have seen the killer, you hoped they would find him ...more
Emmalee Miller
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from GoodReads First Reads. This is the fourth book in the Faces of Evil series (the only one I've read). It follows Jess Harris who has moved back to her hometown of Birmingham, Alabama. She is the new deputy chief of Major Crimes and has only been back in Alabama for a few weeks prior to this novel (from my understanding). Only a few days after being kidnapped (in the previous novel) a copy's wife is found dead in their home from stab wounds and a beheading. As ...more
Vicki
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Because of personal family issues, I just got to the 4th book in the Faces of Evil series by Debra Webb. This is definitely my favorite so far. Jess has finally found a place to live and settled in but her current case is the murder of a cop's wife. Is it related to the escalating gang violence in Birmingham or made to look that way? And Jess is still being threatened but by whom? Can Dan and Jess keep their feelings to themselves or are sparks still flying? You so need to read this series. ...more
Jan
in this fourth book in the series, Jess and team are tracking down the killer of a cop's wife. The woman was decapitated in an attempt to mimic recent gang violence in Birmingham, but that does not fool Jess. This was personal. The case is complicated by the fact that the only possible witness is an auttistic child, who thinks the killer was an angel.

This series is just so good. I really feel like I know these folks. Jess was not wound quite so tight in this one as she becomes more comfortable
Tasha Clanton
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rage is the fourth installment in Debra Webb's Faces of Evil series. This is not a stand alone book, you really need to read the previous three to understand the dynamics of this book. That being said, this is a great thriller! There are so many dynamics at play here. Not only the romantic struggle between Jess and Dan, but Jess and Eric Spears, the serial killer that has defined her career. The intricate side plots are woven beautifully with the main plot of Jess on the trail of the murder of a ...more
Brenda
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once again Ms. Webb does not disappoint in the fourth installment of book #4 of Faces of Evil.

Although this book wasn't as chilling as previous books it was no less gruesome and fast paced. I read it in approximately one day.

I like the characters Jess, Dan, Lori, and Chet. Especially Jess and Dan that they're of a more mature age with pasts that they're working through and hopefully because I'm a romantic can make a go of it while fighting crime.

I can't wait to find out what's going to happen in
Angela
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: debra-webb
Rage
The story picks up when the wife of one of Birmingham's finest is brutally murdered in her home with a baby sleeping in the next room and the only witness Devon, is an eight year old autistic boy.
Frustration is kicked into high gear for Jess and her team as they try to figure out motive behind the murder of a women who was liked by everyone.
Excellent!! Just like the others "Rage" so full of excitement it was hard to put it down. I look forward to the next in the series.
Teresa
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How Debra Webb does it I will never know! Each book is better than the last! Jess and Dan are still clashing at work with the Birmingham PD while wanting to get their personal relationship sorted out. With all of the upheaval going on Jess lands another case where she is going to tick more people off. What is a girl to do?
Melanie Johnson
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jess is back for the 4th installment of the Faces of Evil series! A cop's wife is decapitated in Birmingham and Jess must find the killer before he or she strikes again. Is it someone in the police department or a gang hit? I really enjoyed the story line, and it was refreshing to get away from Eric Spears for a bit. Great book, can't wait for the next one, Revenge that comes out in July!
Melissa♎︎
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great series. After reading so many love stories this book was defiantly a good step in a different direction. Still has other aspects like an underlying romance and humor but the mystery is exciting and entertaining. Ready for book five.
Dana Webb
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was able to read the first 4 books of Faces of Evil back to back. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about a city in my home state where I knew the area the characters traveled. Debra Webb is a wonderful and fascinating writer and I search for her books continually.
Dede
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-romance
I am enjoying Debra Webb faces of evil series. I like her characters and the setting of Birmingham AL.
Somehow I fine it parallel to the series The Closer. Jess is the deputy chief of major crimes. She carries a big purse, wears nice clothes... Nobody likes her in her job.
Wendy W
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great series. I really enjoy the characters and the variety of plots. I think there are 12 boos, I could be totally wrong. But each book has been great
Patricia
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fair warning: once you start one of the novels in this series, you won't be able to put it down.
B.E.
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Deb nails it again. If you've read the other three Faces of Evil books, you'll love this one. And if you haven't read them yet, what are you waiting for?
Darla
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading Debra Webb and Rage did not disappoint! The only downside to this book is that it ends.....can't wail to read Revenge!! Obsolutely love Jess Harris and Dan Burnett!!!
Teresa Lavender
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! Won this book here on goodreads. THANK YOU! I think I have found another favorite author! Can't wait to read more about Chief Jess Harris.
« previous 1 3 next »
Debra Webb Faces ...: Vicious Book #7 in the Faces of Evil Series 13 42 Apr 12, 2014 06:21AM
Debra Webb Faces ...: The Weekly Briefing is live! 2 7 May 17, 2013 09:02AM
Debra Webb Faces ...: Happy Mother's Day! 2 6 May 11, 2013 07:14AM
Trivia Questions 2 6 May 09, 2013 11:03AM

• Blind Spot (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #4)
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Close Your Eyes (Kendra Michaels, #1)
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • I See You (Criminal Profiler, #2)
  • Cold Secrets (Cold Justice, #7)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #1)
  • Tonight and Always
  • Her Deadly Secrets (Wolfe Security, #2)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #2)
  • Remember, Remember (DC Nina Foster, #2)
  • Buried in the Country (Cornish Mystery #4)
  • The Apostle
  • The Defenceless
  • The Professionals (Stevens & Windermere, #1)
  • Little Girls Sleeping (Detective Katie Scott, #1)
  • Death is Not Enough (Romantic Suspense, #21; Baltimore, #6)
DEBRA WEBB is the USA Today bestselling author of more than 150 novels, including reader favorites the Shades of Death, the Faces of Evil and the Colby Agency series. She is the recipient of the prestigious Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Romantic Suspense as well as numerous Reviewers Choice Awards. In 2012 Debra was honored as the first recipient of the esteemed L. A. Banks Warrior ...more

Faces of Evil (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Obsession (Faces of Evil, #1)
  • Impulse (Faces of Evil, #2)
  • Power (Faces of Evil, #3)
  • Revenge (Faces of Evil, #5)
  • Ruthless (Faces of Evil, #6)
  • Vicious (Faces of Evil, #7)
  • Vile (Faces of Evil, #8)
  • Heinous (Faces of Evil, #9)
  • Depraved (Faces of Evil, #10)
  • The Dying Room (Faces of Evil, #11)
“Sergeant Jack Riley and his wife. They were closer to” 0 likes