Start by marking “The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)

The Queen's Army

(The Lunar Chronicles #1.5)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  15,623 Ratings  ·  1,518 Reviews
It is time. The boy must leave his family to serve in the Queen's army. To be chosen is an honor. To decline is impossible. The boy is modified. He is trained for several years, and learns to fight to the death. He proves to the Queen—and to himself—that he is capable of evil. He is just the kind of soldier the Queen wants: the alpha of his pack.
ebook, Free Online Read, 23 pages
Published November 23rd 2012 by Wattpad (first published November 20th 2012)

Anne
Prequel to Scarlet...
FREE TO READ ONLINE!!!
Click this Link...you're welcome.

This tells Z's (or Wolf's) origin story, and it's pretty darn good for being such a short little read!
It starts with the day he was taken from him home at 12, and recounts how he was genetically modified into the Lunar version of The Big Bad Wolf.
Or a werewolf...depending on how you want to look at it.
The animosity between Wolf and his brother Ran is explained, as is his rise to Alpha of his pack.
Again, this is not a lon
P
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“He had known this was inevitable.”

Actually I really liked this one. Loved it. I wanted to know more about Wolf since I first knew him. His character stirred something inside me whenever I read other romance novels. I feel as if his potentials alone could beat Kaito and lead the main story until the last book, but alas his character hasn't appeared enough even though he's my favorite.

In this book, the story starts off with the boy named Z, I was curious then who this guy is and where he takes
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Thaumaturges...

Q:
They came at the end of the long night, when the manufacturing dome had not seen sunlight for almost two weeks. (c)
Q:
He’d just stopped questioning every thought that flickered through his brain. He had just begun to hope that he would not be chosen. (c)
Q:
Z balled up his blanket between his fists and tried to pour all his fears into it, and then release them all at once. He had to do it three times to keep from hyperventilating. (c)
Q:
Since he was a little boy, he had been raised
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
In CINDER, we learned that Levana, the Lunar Queen, was creating an army. In THE QUEEN'S ARMY, we learn that her army is not an ordinary one. Still developing, twelve-year-old boys who show the proper aptitude are taken to training facilities where they are GENETICALLY RE-ENGINEERED into essentially werewolves.

W-E-R-E-W-O-L-V-E-S.

Then they go through years of basic training hell, where they live in a "pack" to better serve their new "wolfish" instincts.

description

I almost always read the novellas that acco
Zain Otoom
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This? This was beautiful T_T
I love Wolf so so much. This novella was just a fantastic summary of Wolf's—Z's—past, and I loved every second.
I rarely enjoy a novella like I did with this one.
Keertana
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Queen's Army is one of two good e-novellas out there, the other being Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi. While I am always exceedingly curious to pick up novellas, I tend to find that they are massive disappointments, focusing on unrelated aspects of the plot or simply written poorly. Whatever the case may be, I have more or less sworn off of YA Novellas. In Marissa Meyer's case, though, I'll be making an exception. The Queen's Army was short, but sufficient enough to give the reader new - and ...more
Sana
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
A short story revealing Wolf's past.
Daiane
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Own Wolf

A great insight of Wolf's background. Meeting his family, the story of how he got to the army, his changings and his pack

It was a great and fast reading that left the taste to read Scarlet again.

Read it online here
Shannon
Ever wanted to read about how The Big Bad Wolf went from his meager beginnings as a child to a teenage soldier in the Lunar Queen's genetically engineered army?

Of course you do. Read this story for free, here.

My reviews for the other books in this series:
Glitches 🌕🌕🌕🌕
Cinder 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌗
Scarlet 🌕🌕🌕🌗
Cress 🌕🌕🌕🌕
Fairest 🌕🌕🌗
Iryna semi-hiatus (Book and Sword)
That was sad.
Nothing extra-ordinary, but a nice, little glimpse in the life of Wolf.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Sushi
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: so-in-love
Ze'ev Kesley just...

Glitterbomb
A nice bit of back story about Wolf, his initiation in the Queens Army, and how he became Alpha. It also explains Wolf's relationship with his brother Ran and why there is animosity there.

I didn't much like Wolf in Scarlet, I felt his character was underdeveloped and little sterile. This provided some much needed context, and injected a bit of humanity into Wolfs character.
Elevetha
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Pretty much anyone
Read here.

Oh, my word.

This has made me so excited for Scarlet.

description

As if I wasn't excited enough.

Z is a interesting character that I would adore more on. (view spoiler)

Z's thoughts and...feelings are wonderful to get a handle on. I felt so sorry for the 12 year old boy and was rooting for the 17 year old soldier. (view spoiler)

MIND CONTROL?
Aya Hamza
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I like Wolf, and I am happy I could read more about him. :)
Sandra
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I read this after I read Scarlet because this comes with my copy.

This novella was about one of the new characters introduced in Scarlet. And I think it's better I read Scarlet first because I was blind to who this character was when I read Scarlet. I don't think I would have enjoyed this book as much if I read this first.

I really enjoyed this novella. It wasn't there just for the sake of having a novella. It was there to make you understand things that might not have been explained on the mai
Poonam
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers of Lunar Chronicles
This is a back-story of Wolf. Even though this book is- 1.5 this should be read after Scarlet in order to avoid any spoilers.
This story explains how Wolf came to be in Queen Levana's Army and how he became the Alpha.
A very short read.
Melanie
0.5) Glitches ★★★
0.6) The Little Android ★★★
1.0) Cinder

You can read this for free on Wattpad.

I loved this prequel to Scarlet, where I'm guessing Ze'ev will be The Big Bad Wolf. This novella was amazing! Seriously, I enjoyed these 20 pages more than the entirety of Cinder. This story breathed fresh air into this hyped series, and has given me the motivation to continue on with it!

We learn in Cinder that the Lunar Queen is building a very strong army to conquer Earth. This story shows you exact
Ylenia
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
*2.5 stars*

This short story had the perfect lenght and pace. I'm not the biggest fan of Wolf / Ze'ev but I enjoyed reading about his past.
Lisa
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, sci-fi
This short story tells of Wolf's life before the happenings of Scarlet - how thaumaturges took him from his home to recruit him for the queen's army and his struggles there.

Wolf isn't my favourite character but this gave me a lot of insight into his personality and I learned to understand his actions in the series more. I loved that!

(view spoiler)
Kels
Oh, this was good. Disturbing, and still somehow addictively written. Now for Book 2: Scarlet
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
Goddamn, so that's how Wolf became Alpha!

Valeria Andrea
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
O.O
@.@ Holy mother of... irony.

So, this has been Levana's plan all along. Or how she formed her army, at least. Hmm, *thinks deeply* I wonder what she saw on Z the moment he was fighting. Mas vale maña que fuerza, indeed.
Better watch than be watched.
& of course she planted the thought on him, so again, I wonder what made she.

Damn it, Levana. Why do you have to use that veil? I can't see what you're thinking!

&, BTW, I picture Levana like this: The Evil Queen
When she is using the compulsion, of course
Liz* Fashionably Late
Z, who are you and why am I so proud of you?

This was good, can't wait to read Scarlet.
isabelle
Marrisa Meyer said let there be bad-ass wolf hybrids.

And there was.
Dario
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
And now... let's jump into Cress ù.ù
Alexandria
3.5/5 stars

This short story is not absolutely necessary to the series, but I still enjoyed reading about young Wolf. I would recommend reading it because it gives more insight into Levana's army. Also, if you haven't read Scarlet yet, I would recommend reading this first. I read it after and kind of regret that decision now.
JosueCimarrron
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yo entiendo perfectamente a Ran nadie quiere ser la sombre de su hermano me gusto mucho la historia pero no supera a Glitches,se me hizo lenta las primeras 10 primeras páginas pero solo te tienes que acostumbrar al personaje,la verdad espero que salga el Winter o en Fairest me gustaría mucho volverme a encontraba Z
Carolina
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
Yes, I'm reading every novella I have from the Lunar Chronicles to delay the inevitable end of Winter.
This is my favorite novella so far. Wolf's story is so interesting and so heartbreaking. Definitely worth the read. Plus it's free on wattpad!
Shii
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
You have to be an evil queen in order to take 12 year olds away from their families to be genetically engineered into murderous beast for your private army.

Great ending!! Wolf ♥
Damso. -. Lithopédion. [Fuite ALBUM][Telecharger] 1 1 Jun 14, 2018 03:03AM
When should I read this book? 2 5 May 03, 2017 04:52PM
The Lunar Chronic...: The Queen's Army *May Contain Spoilers* 4 13 Mar 06, 2017 12:38PM
The books with looks: The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5) 3 5 Apr 19, 2015 05:28PM
The Nooks of Books: The Queen's Army 1 3 Mar 13, 2015 12:24PM
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • The Witch of Duva (Grisha Verse, #0.5)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Men Who Wish to Drown
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • Resist (Possession, #0.5)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
“He had known this was inevitable.” 5 likes