Start by marking “Waterfall (Dragon's Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Waterfall (Dragon's Fate, #1)

Waterfall

(Dragon's Fate #1)

It’s easy to fall in love. Destiny requires tooth and claw.

Dragon’s Fate, Book 1

Curses are designed to be cruel, but the one afflicting Jordan and his brothers is almost beyond bearing. A dragon born by blood magic, he is an immortal trapped in human form, with only one hope of finding his eternal mate. He must bite her—and pray she lives.

One dark night, he senses the woun
Published January 1st 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Waterfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waterfall

Jamie
This book was a bit different for me, but enjoyable non-the-less. Definitely not my normal 'dragon' read. In fact, I didn't even feel as though they were dragons. There is a brief mention of scales on their arms yet otherwise, nothing. So I prefer to just view them as to what they call themselves. The Zir. A race all their own.

The premise is interesting and drew me quickly into the book. Four brothers are cursed. They know very little of who or what they are. They are immortal and are looking f
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Original Romancing the Dark Side Review:

Ms. Danes weaves an intriguing tale of magic, romance and the supernatural that captures your interest in a matter of a few paragraphs!

Waterfall takes us into the world of four elemental dragon brothers, known as Zir, in search of their intended mates who will set them free from the curse that keeps them trapped in human form. When two of the brothers, Jordan and Ferrous come across a shipwreck in Blood Cove, neither expects to find a survivor among the
Emily
Jordan is a Zir, one of four princes from the last of the elemental dragons egg. Born by blood magic, all four brothers are seeking out the truth behind who they are feeling cursed with their need for blood and their uncanny abilities, the only reprieve would be to find their mate but none have been found.

Hearing a dying heartbeat, Jordan can’t stop himself from given the death’s kiss to the fragile woman laying before him, he can’t stand the thought of her suffering. Three days later that neck
Abigail
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
(This review is intended for 18+ , (no one under that age should be caught close to the computer while reading)

Hot Dragons/men/brothers, Explicit Sex, Sex in Water, Magic.. Sex..

So ya…. this was my warning provided by the synopsis:

Product Warnings: This novel contains explicit sex, sex in water, four super-hot dragon brothers, and a curse born from magical power that has left them wondering who they are all their lives.
OH BOY oh ya, OK yes… but…

Let’s break this down for you, I wanted to really
Marlene
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Dragons, fated mates, infidelity and vampires. Oh and did I mention dragons?

The concept for this series (Waterfall is definitely the first (and introductory at that) novella in a series) is fascinating.

Four dragons are born from stone eggs and cursed to live as immortal men. Each brother has power over one of the elements. None have any memory of being dragons.

They call themselves the Zir.

All they know is that the curse will end when they find their destine
Sapphyria
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 18+ Only

Prologue from the novella:

Five hundred years ago, using her own vampire blood and ancient magic, the vampiress Carmen brought forth the birth of the last four elemental dragon princes, or Zir, from the last of the elemental dragon's egs.

Cursed by an enemy who wanted their power, they were condemned to take human form. There
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Waterfall is about four brothers who are half-dragon and half-human with powers that they are unable to use until they find their mate. They have lived for hundreds of years without either one of them finding their mate. When they find their mate it will unleash their magical powers.

Jordan and one of his brothers Ferrous finds a ship wrecked on an island. Out of all
Jessirae
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, ebooks
Waterfall by Lacy Danes mixes in betrayal, lust, destiny, and dragon lore that is enticing and magical.

Jordan and his brothers who like him, are Zir, dragons with elemental powers. For as long as they know, they been searching for their mates. Finding their mates is the answer to figuring out their Zir origins on how they came to be.

In this novella, the main focus is on one of the brothers who actually finds his mate by either accident, destiny or pure luck. Jordan was mysteriously sexy in a v
MGGMMGGM
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Originally posted at The Solitary Bookworm
RATING ★★★ 1/2

Four brothers created by one creator, a vampire named Carmen. Four elemental brother who can each control an element living in a world with limited knowledge as to what they are and what their purpose is. They are powerful and immortal. They are Zir.

I'd like to give a fair warning this early in the review. This is a novella not intended to be read by readers younger than 18 years old. It contains explicit scenes that is not appropriate for
Sandra "Jeanz"
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
MY REVIEW
I received this novella from the Author via Bewitching Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.
The cover definitely caught my attention, I found it intriguing and immediately wanted to know more about the mysterious man on the cover. I then read the blurb (the bit above in blue totally overlooking the warning I have highlighted in red, so you don't miss it)
I expressed my interest in reviewing the book, then after saw the *Product Warning*, however I decided to still give the book a
Jody
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
There's a lot happening in Lacy Dane's novella, Waterfall, in such a short span of time that it's hard to keep up with all the characters and action going on between the pages. What starts out as an intriguing paranormal premise soon evolves into a mish-mash of frantic events that don't blend cohesively and cause the love story to get lost along the way.

Four brothers who carry paranormal abilities based on the elements but also have traits of a vampire and dragon are desperate to find their mat
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jordan is going back to London to once again save his brother Elmir from his folly. Looking out for Elmir is a tiring job and as soon as he hit land, he knows tragedy has been here before. His one act of kindness changes his life course forever, and now he needs to learn about five hundred years of history, a curse, his true enemies and how to keep his mate happy and safe. Is he ready for that?

Celeste doesn’t even remember her almost death. What she knows is her gloomy reality. Now she is marrie
Maghon Thomas
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so think witch doctor meets vampire meets dragon- all wrapped up in an extremely HAWT tall guy… It’s just awesome! I love the way little magics began happening and it made the story so much fun! And what a way to play into adultery!! It makes ya think, what if you really did marry the wrong dude… AND… I’m normally not a big fan on historical type stories, but I really enjoyed it. I’ll chalk it up to me expanding my pleasure of reading good stories

I’m gunna talk about Jordan, in like one sec
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing

What I Thought

The first few chapters of this book made me wonder if I was going to like it. It led in with loads of great detail about the the characters, but I wasn't sure where it was headed. However, there was suddenly a beach scene, that was more intimate than I could have every expected (and was exceptionally well written), that pushed everything into place.

From that moment on, I was completely hooked on this book. Every detail, every moment was filled with anticipation, yearning and loads
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Waterfall is the first book in the new Dragon's Fate series by Lacy Danes. Jordan and his brothers are part dragon, though they are cursed to stay in human form. They have been losing their powers, and their only hope is to find their destined mates – which they have been waiting years for. To see if a woman is their mate, they must bite her. If she lives, she is their mate – all others die.

Jordan finds Celeste, who is dying after being injured in a shipwreck. To end her suffering, he bites her.
Just another reader
A digital copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

"Oooh, look, a dragon book!" This was my first reaction upon reading the blurb. Being a fan of paranormal tales and fantasies, I am always up for a good read that combines magical lands with romance. This proved to be a pretty enjoyable read. The tale revolves around the four Zir brothers, who are dragons in human form. They are all cursed to remain oblivious to who they are, and the only way for them to find their
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
3.5/5 Stars.

Being a huge fan of the paranormal genre I'm always excited when I come across a book/series that features Dragons that are also hot guys in their human form.

For only being a novella this sure does give you a lot of story for the shortness of it, four brothers, the only four Zir (Dragons) in existence who were created after Carmen a Vampire sprinkled their eggs with her blood and a little magic.

Unfortunately they don't know much at all about their heritage or who they really are, one
Babel
Whenever there is a character that is both dragon and human, it makes me wonder about what kind of story it can tell, so I was drawn to this short story. There are four brothers who are the recipient of a devious curse. Striving to find an elusive mate, their powers keep dwindling in the meantime. When one of them finally meets his mate in the most unbelieving way, the plot kicks off.

For starters, these four brothers are not exactly heroes to swoon over. They're born killers. As soon as the inst
Bella
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-for-tour

Warnings
This novel contains explicit sex, for sure a adult read!

Jordan is one of the Zir. The Zir came from Carmen a vampire who mixed her blood with magic and formed the four elemental dragon princes. They are now cursed brothers that are doomed to human form, yet they are forced to walk the earth until they find their one true mate, in hope that she will help them unravel their destiny.
Jordan and one of his brothers Ferrous fall upon a shipwreck and don't expect to find any survivors. Until th
L. Vanhorn
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

An original concept set in the rich atmosphere of Victorian era England, based on hot men with dragon's blood in their veins, how could I resist? I loved the whole idea behind the premise. The writing is compelling, the characters are interesting, and the sex is smoking hot.

That said, it had a few issues that kept it at only three and a half stars for me. The writing was choppy and confusing in the beginning, forcing me to re-read sentences. I would have liked to have seen either les
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
Background: Jordan is one of the Zir, an ancient race who have been doomed to walk the planet in search of their eternal mates for centuries. One day he comes across a shipwreck and plans to help one in need, little does he know it will change their lives forever.

Review: I knew going into this book that there would be sex, however I was unaware of how much sex. There is a lot. I think that within the hundred fifty some pages there are at least fifty pages of sexual content. Aside from those sect
Dusti Dasilva
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ah! I LOVE Dragons, I don’t find many books where I actually enjoy the read though. The concept of dragons seem to differ from author to author so you can truly play with them. I LOVED how Lacy portrayed her dragons. The Zir. They are so different from “normal” dragons. And the mystery with the sex scenes, ah it makes for a great read!

First some back story. There are 4 brothers all cursed and yet they know very little about their curse. They know they have to find their mates, but how do they te
Nicole
Jan 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Nancy
I did not find this an easy read. The writing seems cryptic and...I don't know...just not easy to understand all the time. I've already purchased the next two stories in the series so I'm hoping it gets easier to follow.
I did not feel particularly connected to the main characters and the brothers don't seem particularly close. They just seem to be together and helping each other because of their connection to one another.
Tina
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it
The story was okay for me. There were time where I just wanted to get the scene over with. I wouldn't be tearing down your door demanding that you read this, but I supposed it's a good story to read if you have nothing else to pass the time with. If you like dragons,a little romance, some erotica, and the victorian era, this book is for you.
Sonali Rakesh
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
The book has a lot going on and the romance is lost somewhere. The author should have written more about the magical lovers emotional aspects. Though it was hinted upon, it was never elaborated. But the passionate moments were fantastically well written and the story line is beautiful.
Lyn Taylor
I enjoyed the premise of the storyline and the different take on Dragon were's but I found the writing style extremely difficult to read. I guess it felt like I was being told a story not living the story if that makes sense. I will buy the next in the series and see if things improve.
Dahlia (yadkny)
Nov 27, 2012 marked it as to-read
WCR 11/23 / NOR
Tracey
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. This was a fascinating paranormal adult read. The romantic scenes were highly erotic and the plot different and engaging.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Royal Scam (The Martian Alliance, #1)
  • Lifting the Veil (Temptation Unveiled, #1)
  • Lord of the Deep (Horde Wars, #5)
  • The Charmed (The Charmed Trilogy, #1)
  • Perfume of Paradise
  • Shockwave (The Tarot Series, #1)
  • Love Lines (Love Lines, #1)
  • Vertical Drop
  • Small Town Girl (Small Town Girl, #1)
  • Breaking the Nexus (Mythrian Realm, #1)
  • Whisper (Whisper Trilogy, #1)
  • Charmed (The Charmed, #1)
  • Embracing the Flames (The Born in Flames Trilogy Book 2)
  • Redemption (The Seven Signs, #2)
  • A Summer to Remember (Seasons, #1)
  • Of Blood and Bone (The Minaldi Legacy, #1)
  • Agent of Desire (Jessica Booker, #1)
  • Paradise Hops

Dragon's Fate (3 books)
  • Open Flame (Dragon's Fate, #2)
  • Storm Clouds (Dragon's Fate, #3)