Start by marking “Lost in You (Petal, Georgia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lost in You (Petal, Georgia, #2)

Lost in You

(Petal, Georgia #2)

Petal, Georgia, Book 2

He’s faced down every demon…except one fast-talking Southern girl.

It hasn’t been easy for Joe Harris to live down his not-so-honorable past, but the military made him a better man. He’s determined to make up for past mistakes, starting with coming home to care for his ailing father.

Things are going as planned until his best friend’s little sister
Published March 12th 2013 (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lost in You, please sign up.
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde
Bikers
1,347 books — 2,663 voters
Touched by Love by Melissa FosterBad Boys After Dark by Melissa FosterSeaside Dreams by Melissa FosterRiver of Love by Melissa FosterClaimed by Love by Melissa Foster
Romance Series about Families
1,074 books — 481 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Lost in You is the second book in Lauren Dane’s Petal, Georgia series. It’s a wonderful story with lots of humor and steam, and poignant and heartbreaking on many levels. This truly, truly is a wonderful story.
From the cover:

He’s faced down every demon…except one fast-talking Southern girl.

Auntee
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of small town (hot) contemporaries
I luvvvvvvvvvved it! Now this is how you write a hot, feel-oh-so-good contemporary romance!

An adorable, sassy heroine who's not afraid to say what she thinks and go after what she wants + a former teenage bad boy, just out of the military, matured, tattooed, and oh-so-smokin'-hot alpha nice guy = one exciting, hard-to-put-down read!

Fans of Ms. Dane's Chase Brothers series, you have to read these Petal, Georgia books. It's basically a continuation of the Chase series, only it centers around the
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of LD's "Chase Bros" Series
3 1/2 Stars

It was fun being back in Petal GA catching up with the Murphy and Chase families. Good storyline and love all the character's. I enjoyed it very much however; I think LD spoiled me with the "Chase Brothers" series....there is just something missing from this series, but definitely worth reading if your a fan of her Chase Bros series.

Tori
An enjoyable visit back to Petal, GA and the wonderful Murphy family. I loved the beginning of the story. Beth is filled with snarky goodness and Joe is unbelievably hawt. Their chemistry was apparent from the beginning. Unfortunately, there really isn't much conflict beyond Joe fighting against being with his best friends baby sister. After a while, I lost interest and wondered why Beth didn't do the same.
Dísir
‘Lost in You’ started out promising, but dipped quite early on when I realised there wasn’t much else but talk about Beth going after Joe and Beth really going after Joe.

And that was my red flag, even though the best friend’s sister trope is one that I do nose around for whenever I can. Unfortunately, I couldn’t really get engaged beyond the point where Beth started chasing Joe because there wasn’t much more to look for beyond that. A forthright heroine who knows what she wants is always a welc
Tricia Len
The second in the series Petal, Georgia.....and Wow! This is romance! And sweet, Southern Charm, and sexy men and smart women!

I just love this series! It is pure romance! Just ordinary people falling in love and finding a way to make their lives work.

I want to move to Petal!

description
Brandy Rivers
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this straight through last night. It's a very touching story with a lot of laughs. I love Beth, she's a go getter, and Joe wasn't too bad either.
Jewel
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was going through a reading slump and wanted something light and romantic, but I have made the mistake of choosing a book that was part of a series that I have not read or known of.

There is so much emphasis and reference to the secondary characters that was totally meaningless to me and made me confused and lose interest.

Also I’m not sure I liked how Beth pursues Joe, it was just too much, I wasn’t sure he actually deserved it, and I was a little embarrassed for her.

I don’t think that it’s fai
Kame
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Lauren Dane and Petal Georgia when I found the Chase brothers....now we are visiting with their extended family and the Murphy clan.

Joe Harris and Beth Murphy grew up on the same side of the tracks in Petal Georgia, the wrong one. That is what many would think, but now that time has passed it seems that time by the tracks has shaped them into people who care about their family, and understand what it means to be a family.
Joe left Petal for the military, not by choice but in
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
The series very much centres on family and I LOVE THIS because it creates such a close knit group of people, displaying different types of love other than the romantic lead we usually find in beloved romance novels. Family and friendships definitely make this series stand out. Lauren Dane weaves together a touching story filled with moments of silliness and happiness and also loving displays of affection as well.

I've come to expect the presence of a headstrong heroine in each of her novels and B
Jen
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Time For Some Petal, GA Action

Overall this was probably closer to a 3 star read for me, but I absolutely loved Beth so I’m moving it on up to a 4 star. The story moved a little slowly at times and Joe needed to pull his head out waaaay before he did, but Beth made up for all of that by being bold, up front and completely honest with her feelings. That fact alone made Lost In You an enjoyable story.
Ann
Mar 25, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. The Chase side of these stories was much better than the Murphy side. Think I'm done with all the goings on in Petal, Georgia.
Eva Millien
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ten years ago Joe Harris left Petal, Georgia for the military and now he’s a better man that he was when he left. All he wants is to get his garage up and running, take care of his dad and spend time with his dog. But even though he has no plans for a relationship, Joe finds himself being tempted by his best friend’s little sister.

This emotionally gripping story grabs readers by the heart and refuses to let go. The romance is full of electrical chemistry and wonderful passionate moments full of
Ruthie Taylor
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second in the series of republished and edited stories. I would recommend that you read all the goodness of these books in order, as they will soon become families that you care about and connect with - from Polly Chase and her brood, and Tate and the Murphys, you will soon know how they are going to react, what will set them off, and when someone should probably step down, or up. I love this feeling of belo
Jewel
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I don’t think that it’s fai
Bette Hansen
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read. This is a reissue of a previously published book and the author did a nice job of updating it while maintaining the original story. It's full of humor, fun, and lots of hot sexy times. Beth is strong, sassy, and determined. Once she makes up her mind that she wants Joe he doesn't stand a chance. She doesn't care how many this is a bad idea excuses he has or how much he protests. I love these characters and the quirky town of Petal. Can't wait for more and I definitely recommend thi ...more
Mary
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I liked this book and the characters yet there was something that just didn't click for me.

Beth likes Joe and wants to to be part of his life, but Joe's hardheadedness leaves her feeling left out when it comes to his family. Her family treats him like the part of the family yet she's on the outside looking in when it comes to Joe's.

Small towns equal small worlds yet we don't see his parents interacting with any of the major
Avid Reader
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lost in You (Petal, Georgia #2) by Lauren Dane
4 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: Mental health issues and child abuse is discussed
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is Beth's book. She sees her brother's bad boy best friend and sets her sight on wanting to date him. Beth has overcome a lot from her past. She is done hiding from it, but also doesn't shout it from the roof tops.

Joe is back, but he's not sure if that's a good thing. He likes being near his friends and family
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 stars - This is my favourite story in this series so far. Beth is an irrepressibly likeable heroine and despite all his attempts to be a jerk, Joe is a surprisingly charming leading man. I like the gender reversal in this book - it’s Beth who throws herself into wooing and courting a reluctant Joe. Beth’s plotting and scheming is comical and I really like her irreverence. I actually liked characters from other stories more t
Slick
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG...Lauren Dane is completely back in her latest installment of the Petal, Georgia series, Lost In You. While I liked the first book Once and Again, it wasn't over the top good like the original series that centered on the Chase Brothers. However, in this book she makes it abundantly clear that she's a master storyteller and knows just how to keep her readers satisfied.

This is the story of Beth Tate and Joe Harris. We've known Beth for some time, but Joe is a former Petal resident who's come b
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

Lauren Dane takes the readers back to the town of Petal, for a visit with the rowdy Murphy clan, in this sexy and entertaining story.

Joe Harris came back to his hometown to be a good son and help take care of his father. He’s changed a lot since his bad boy past. Then, sassy Beth Murphy sets her sights on the sexy mechanic. Joe tries to push her away at first. He’s got some reservations about getting involved in a relationship right n
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Piper‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

I absolutely love the Petal Georgia series! I fell in love with the Murphy siblings when we first met them in the Chase Brothers series. I was so excited that Ms. Dane decided to continue with the Murphy kids in the Petal Georgia series. Tate Murphy from Making Chase, is one of my absolute favorite female book characters, and her sister Beth Murphy is no exception. I want to be Beth Murphy when I go up!

Beth Murphy is a strong and loy
Darcy
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, romance, e-book
I really like this series, love how the Murphy's have spun off from the Chase's. Both families are big and full of love, something that amazes me when you learn what the Murphy's home life was as kids.

I loved Beth, loved that when she met Joe, she knew she wanted him and boldly went after him. She was unabashed in her efforts, yet she didn't come off as a desperate hussy. There were so many times that Joe never knew what hit him! I liked seeing Joe fight the, no I can't, best friend's sister.

Wh
April Brookshire
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
It was a refreshing change to have a heroine that is confident, forward and goes after what she wants.

However, while her chasing him was fun at the beginning of the book, it got kinda sad after awhile.

Love the Murphy family and this book would've gotten 2 stars, but that family is too awesome. They came from a horrible background and childhood and banded together to all better their lives.
Emily
When Joe Harris arrives back in Petal, Georgia Beth Murphy has him in her sights. Joe doesn’t feel he is good enough to be relationship material, but Beth’s interest in him has not wavered. Beth likes everything about Joe, even if he doesn’t seem to realize he is worth the effort. As a relationship begins Beth can’t help but feel that Joe is giving her everything he can, except the one thing she wants the most his trust.

Full review on Single Titles
Holly
This is a great series. I really enjoy the town of Petal.

Beth is a great heroine. She knew what she wanted and wasn't afraid to go after it. She also knew when to let go and move on.

I wish we'd gotten to know Joe a little better. I felt like I understood who he was now, but not a lot about what got him to this place. He was good for Beth, though. It was easy to see why she cared for him.
Tia
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
It was good. I love how the heroine gave the hero a run for his money. I will most definitely be reading the next in the series when it comes out. I adore this series so far.
Lyndi W.
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
Joe Harris was a wimp. Beth rocked. Period.
Vanessa
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love Lauren Dane...Feisty stubborn woman and a hot mechanic= Fireworks!!!

Love the Chase and Murphy families
Lillie
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved revisiting Petal. It always gives me the warm fuzzies <3
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves #6)
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • Just What He Wanted (Holloway, #4)
  • Taking Care of Business (Kate & Leah, #1)
  • Cherished (Delicious, #1)
  • Winter's Thaw (Compass Girls, #1)
  • Redneck Romeo (Rough Riders, #15)
  • Hard Way (Vegas Top Guns Book 4)
  • Sunset Heat (Bandicoot Cove)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • Half Moon Hill (Destiny, #6)
  • Beautiful Scars
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,

Petal, Georgia (3 books)
  • Once and Again (Petal, Georgia, #1)
  • Count on Me (Petal, Georgia, #3)