Start by marking “Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey, #3)” as Want to Read:
Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey, #3)

Battle of the Ampere

(Michael Vey #3)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  12,777 ratings  ·  1,095 reviews
The hair-raising action continues for Michael Vey in this charged third installment of the #1 New York Times bestselling series.In the third book of the electrifying Michael Vey series, Michael and his friends must continue to fight the Elgen and try to disrupt their plans to rule the world.
Published September 17th 2013 by Simon Pulse/Mercury Ink (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Battle of the Ampere, please sign up.
Trevork11 I thought it was kind of funny, because I was reading and I understood the "made up language". The thing that makes my head hurt is why the Amazon…moreI thought it was kind of funny, because I was reading and I understood the "made up language". The thing that makes my head hurt is why the Amazon people speak better Chinese than the people in Taiwan... (maybe Rosetta stone works and they are having fun shipping a lot of those out of the Amazon?)(less)
Sadie Cahill Awesomely Awesome that you'd get caught up with it.

·  12,777 ratings  ·  1,095 reviews

L.R.W. Lee
I was disappointed with book 3 of the series. Let me explain why.

1) the first 4 sections seemed to drag on. The pace was slow and I nearly put the book down.
2) it seemed like several of the rescue scenes happened too easily. The conflict built but it resolved way too easily
3) too much detail during the plan of the attack
4) since it had been a long time since i read the last book in the series, I had forgotten who all the kids were. There was no reintroduction of any of them and I was confused. T
Quan
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Me
Recommended to Quan by: Young Reader
I wanted to love this book like I love the first two, but I was really disappointed. Plot was good/ Mr. Hatch was still evil bastard, but the pacing was slow. For someone with so much power, Mike doesn't use it. He sneaked around more than anything. There were other problems such as , the lack of action, there was no real threat, no superpower fights. There were only a tiny little firefight here and there. There is no huge payoffs at the end that makes the reader wants to read the next book. It ...more
Lissy921
I really loved the first two books in this series and I will say the third one was very good too!
But, since there WILL be a fourth book, I hope it doesn't go downhill like the Maximum Ride series.
Colleen Houck
I love the magnetic power. It's such a cool thing that he used it to climb up the sides of a boat. All the secondary characters are really fun and add so much to the story. This cover is gorgeous too!
Andrea
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audrey
I'll say 4.5 stars. This picks up right where Book 2 left off. At the beginning, Michael is in the jungle and joins a new electric kid. Meanwhile, the rest of the Electroclan has been picked up by the Peruvian army for terrorism. The biggest action in the book is their attempts to escape and ultimately reunite with Michael. At that point, the kids are very emotionally strained, and we have a "breaking of the fellowship" type moment. Meanwhile, Hatch furthers his evil schemes, which Michael is ca ...more
Avery (ThePagemaster)
First Read: September 20-21, 2013
Re-read: September 16-18, 2016

The first time reading this, I gave it a 5 star rating. At the time, I blazed through the book, loving the action and the adventure; the espionage and the suspense were...shocking, to say the least

Puns aside, re-reading it, and with the knowledge of the prior two books more fresh in my mind than when the first time I read it, this installment seemed to lose a little bit of its edge. There were introductions to more characters and it
Plethora
I really love this series, sure its a bunch of rag-tagged teens with amp'ed up powers and a few non-amp'ed. But they have some everyday problems in the midst of trying to save the world from a threat. You really need to read these in order to see the group develop and understand the threat.
Alex Shrugged
"Battle of the Ampere" is book 3 of the Michael Vey series. It's for kids, I know, but I like to review these so-called kids books because they can go really, really wrong and parents don't take the time to find out, so I find out.

This is a good book. It's not quite as good as the previous two books but still a winner. In this continuing story, Michael Vey has escaped the clutches of the evil Dr. Hatch, but Hatch is (yes, I know :-)) hatching another scheme to take over the world!

OK, Michael is
Katie W
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a clean, fast-paced story about some teens with super powers (involving electricity), then this is the series for you. Book 3 picked up right where {book:Rise of the Elgen|12512738] left off. This is not a stand-alone. To fully understand the situation Michael Vey and his friends find themselves in and the battle they face, you need to read the first two books.

What I like the most about Michael Vey is that he is not perfect. He's not the typical popular jock who has everyth
Winter Sophia Rose
Engaging, Action Packed, Intriguing & Thrilling! A Fantastic Read! I Loved It!
Julian Valle
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone that likes Sci-Fi, or electricity and its mysteries.
Elliot D
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becca
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blah-diggity
There were so many problems with this book. I'm surprised I finished it. I picked it up because I currently can't get anything from the library (they hate me), I'm all out of book money due to my last purchase (a truly brilliant book), and it's one of the few books at my mom's house I haven't read. Next time I'll pass.

Does anyone else have a problem with adults knowingly sending a bunch of kids into danger and almost certain death? Hey you, fifteen-year-olds, here's a backpack full of explosive
Cathy
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't love this book as much as the second one, - just too much running around in the Peruvian jungle, and too much separation from the other teens. The big question here is who is the Voice? How does the group he represents always know what the Electroclan is accomplishing or when they need help? How can they ferry folks around the world to safety so fast. Are they part of the US government since they seem to find safety in the US? Lots of questions about this group and how they work. That w ...more
Jacob Olson
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine having electricity powers. It would be great wouldn't it? Michael vey the battle of the Ampere by Richard Paul Evans is wonderful and well written. It starts off when michael is still with the indians and tessa(one of his new electrical friends). Michael and tessa go up river and meet with an old friend named jamie. Michael wants to retrieve his friends from jail to destroy Dr. Hatch. They do so and journey to the ampere the boat that Dr. Hatch is on. I think this book is very valuable t ...more
Jackie
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to wait a couple days before writing a review to let things settle in my mind a bit. So, it's been 2 days since I finished the book - I sat down to write a review and can't even remember anything specific I was going to say. Perhaps that in and of itself speaks volumes (ha ha) about the book.

Sort of a "by the numbers" bit of literature. Not a single surprise in the plot (or writing) for me. I'm glad I read it so I can talk about it with my younger reading friends, but overall - I don't
A. R.
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nice story, but little happened. There wasn't even a suspenseful ending or a cliffhanger. It was moderately paced, predictable, and just plain ho-hum. And it just ended with a convenient set up for the next edition.

I think Evans may be trying to crank out too many books (series) in a year. This one certainly did not have the charm of the first, or the action of the second.

I've heard there are to be seven books in this series. I hope not.
Edwin Zheng
The Michael Vey series is simply amazing. The ending of the last book had me drooling! I'm dying to find out the answers to my questions!! I mean like who are these mysteries Indians?? What do they want with Michael?? What's going to happen to the rest of the group?? I'm dying to know! Plan on buying this book as soon as it's out.
Angel Rosales
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of problems that hold the team back from doing things. This book is another great book in this series. Although they are split up in the first half they come back and its the best thing ever that happens.
Alyssa
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writer of this book, Richard Paul Evans, had created yet another thrilling book of this Michael Vey series. This book is chock-full of adventures, action, and mystery. The write throws tragedy and loss into the mix as well. This books starts off where the last one ends. Michael and the rest of the Electroclan have destroyed the largest of the Elgen Starxource plants, but now they’re on the run. After being separated from his friends, Michael wakes up to find he’s been rescued by a tribe of A ...more
Alisa
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Michael Vey starts this book separated from the rest of the Electroclan. They need to be rescued from the Peruvian government (who believes they are American terrorists) and so he sets out to do the impossible again. He meets a new ally who helps him. Once the Electroclan are reunited, they find yet another impossible task ahead of them. They will have to confront Hatch yet again. While "The Voice" sends help to the Electroclan, we still don't know who he is or why he is helping them.
Jason King
I think this book was really good. I read this book in about 3 days and I read so fast because it was a really good book. I think I will finish the series because the rest of the books have had really good stories and cliffhangers. This book had new characters and a expected plot twist but it was a good book.
Noah Jackson
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was very good. I like the way in how they brought it from the last book when all his friends get taken and all he can do is try to save them using all his power so they dont take the death penalty. so honestly i would rate this book 8-10.
Levi
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. In this book, Michael is trying to escape the Elgen while surviving in the Amazon jungle. There is a lot of action and adventure. I would recommend this series to people who like science fiction and maybe fantasy.
Sean Bunton
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far My Favorite in the series And those who haven't read should for sure check out
William Na
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really amazing solution from the conflict! I like how this book is not going into a super unrealistic novel, but also in some parts of the story facing real conflicts too!
Calvin Kettley
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like all the escapes the elctorclan made and I really like the twist that happened at the ampere with Zeus and everybody else coming back.
Sandrine Le Crom
"bataille navale"
John
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, but pretty predictable
Michael Vey and t...: Book 3-Battle of the Ampere 1 3 Dec 18, 2018 07:42AM
  • The Avatar Battle (Cragbridge Hall, #2)
  • Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors, #3)
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • The Princess of Trelian
  • Chickens in the Headlights
  • Stronger: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #6)
  • The Black Stars (The Planet Thieves, #2)
  • Alcatraz (Alcatraz, #1-4)
  • Pingo and the Playground Bully
  • The Storm Dragon's Heart (Storm Phase #1)
  • It All Started with Autumn Jones
  • Lifeless (Words Made Flesh, #2)
  • Sorcerers and Seers (Tennis Shoes #11)
  • The Golden Spiral (Hourglass Door, #2)
  • Sands of Nezza (Adventurers Wanted, #4)
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ele ...more

Michael Vey (7 books)
  • The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey, #1)
  • Rise of the Elgen (Michael Vey, #2)
  • Hunt for Jade Dragon (Michael Vey, #4)
  • Storm of Lightning (Michael Vey, #5)
  • Fall of Hades (Michael Vey, #6)
  • The Final Spark (Michael Vey, #7)
“One need not fight every battle, or die in the struggle, to be a hero.” 12 likes
“My mom used to say that faith and fear can't exist simultaneously in the mind any more than light and dark can exist simultaneously in the same room.” 8 likes