Start by marking “Dork Diaries Book 6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker (Dork Diaries, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dork Diaries Book 6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker (Dork Diaries, #6)

Dork Diaries Book 6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker

(Dork Diaries #6)

It’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid for girls in this hilarious novel!

It’s the biggest dance of the year and I am HOPING my crush, Brandon, (shhhh!!) wants to be my date. But time is running out. What if he doesn’t say yes? Or worse . . . what if he’s waiting for MacKenzie?!!
It’s time for me and my BFFs, Chloe and Zoey to tackle the topic of love, Dork Diaries style! SQUEEEE!!

Published June 4th 2013 by Aladdin (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dork Diaries Book 6, please sign up.
Jonathan Van Nest First of all, it important that you have a grade 1 education. If you don't have a grade 1 education, reading this book will be quite difficult. If you…moreFirst of all, it important that you have a grade 1 education. If you don't have a grade 1 education, reading this book will be quite difficult. If you find yourself with that level of education, the next few steps are quite simple. Open the book by holding the side of the cover and flipping it to the side so that the inside of the book may be revealed. Then, repeat this for each individual page. Use the skills I mentioned earlier in your Grade 1 education and read the book, starting at the top of the first page and then downward. once you have read the entire page in order from top to bottom, read the page next to it. Then, once that page is complete, turn the page like I told you earlier and repeat the process until you have read the entire book. and that is how to read this book.(less)

[Shai] Bibliophage
I'm on my 30s already but yes, I really enjoy reading this book (series). Nikki and Brandon's cute love/crush story makes anyone who is in my age to reminisce about their first crush and the time they unintentionally broke our hearts.
Meia (Allocentric Pages)
I would absolutely adored this book more if I'm younger than my age now BUT STILL. I love Nikki's character and she's growing up! Ha. Briana and Oliver are so cute! And never forget Nikki and Brandon! The sweetest thing :')
Mckay Gammons
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best dork diaries yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...more
Jenny / Wondrous Reads
Holiday Heartbreak is the sixth (yes, sixth!) book in the excellent Dork Diaries series. I'm not sure where the time's gone since book one was published, but Nikki's now getting very grown up and things finally seem to be progressing with her crush, Brandon. Yay!

In this book, Nikki is getting mixed messages from Brandon and, thanks to a not-so-handy magazine article, she thinks he doesn't like her. Of course, Queen Bee Mackenzie is interfering as per usual, leaving Nikki a bit confused. There's
Nikki
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rated this book because it is like you having a connetion with the book and they understand how I feel or I understand how they feel.This book talks about a girl named Nikkei and she has two friends called Chole and zoey.They always hangout with each other and do everything together.soon Nikkei meets Brandon and becomes friends.on February 14 there was going to have a dance.Nikkei is sacred that Brandon will go out to the the sweetheart dance with Mackenzie(Nikkei's arch-nemesis).When Nikkei a ...more
Anfal Sk
Apr 10, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dork-diaries-6
I want to read it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anna
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Υπαρξιακών και... ερωτικών προβλημάτων συνέχειας, ιδίως όταν η γιορτή του Αγίου Βαλεντίνου πλησιάζει και πρέπει να καλέσεις το αγόρι που σου αρέσει στο χορό του σχολείου (παρεπιπτόντως: δεν είναι λίγο εξτρίμ να ενθαρρύνει το σχολείο τέτοιες δραστηριότητες, ή εγώ είμαι μια οπισθοδρομική συντηρητικιά; Πάντως χαίρομαι που δεν κλήθηκα στο σχολείο να καλέσω κάποιο αγόρι σε ραντεβού!!!)

Και άντε, το καλείς.... Πού θα βρεις το σωστό φόρεμα τελευταία στιγμή; Εδώ έρχεται να βοηθήσει η μικρή αδερφούλα (hai
Jonathan Van Nest
Jun 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Dork Diaries: Holiday Heartbreak
Probably the worst book I have ever read in my entire life. This heap of cow dung was farted out by Rachel Renee Russell. This novel was concerning our infernal main character; Nikki as she goes through brain-melting drama. The book can hardly be categorised as having a plot, it’s more like this girl rambles incoherently into her diary and we are supposed to laugh. Never in my life have I seen a worse representation of pre-teen human beings. This girl is supposed
Ashley
Oct 29, 2013 added it
A girl named Nikki Maxwell goes to a school called Westchester Country Day (WCD), at this school she is in 8th grade. WCD is a expensive private school so Nikki's dad got her a scholarship. What is the scholarship for? Nikki's dad is the schools exterminator. She is so ashamed about it. Although without her dad's scholarship she would have never met her new best friends Chole and Zoey. Also she would have never met her major crush Brandon. One thing Nikki hates about this school is her enemy Ma ...more
Courtney Hatcher
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG OMG I JUST FINISHED THIS BOOK AND I LOVED IT!! Aww I love Brandon and Nikki so much. I HOPE THEY KISSED IN THE END IT WAS PRACTICALLY FORESHADOWING IT!!! Omg I hate Mackenzie so much!! It's like Regina George in book form. SHE IS SO EVIL. And omg I will say Brandon DID annoy me in this book. With all that stuff and fighting going on, it was getting on my nerves!! I cannot wait to read the next book, even though it's already out. Hope to pick it up soon, must know answers!!!!! :D
Taylor
Feb 03, 2014 added it
I just finished Dork Diaries #6.
Nikki hopes Brandon and her can go to the Sweet Heart Dance!
But with an embarrassing photo, texts, an enemy, worries, the flu, and a crazy little sister will this be the best night of Nikki's life?
I like how none of the characters change completely in this series. Nikki is still funny and dorky, Mackenzie is still rich and mean. No personalities change.
I sense this book will be hit because of the humor and creativity the author used.
Ava
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ella bella
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jan15-feb15, own
It’s the biggest dance of the year and Nikki Maxwell is HOPING her crush, Brandon,to be her date. But time is running out. What if he doesn’t say yes? Or worse . . . what if he’s waiting for MacKenzie?!!

I pick this book is because when I was in elementary school I love this series and I always continue reading them. Also I know that Valentine is coming and this book is perfect for Valentine's Day because its about love.

I finish this book because this book show that life is full of surprise and u
Jayla
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: when_i_was_young
☆M I C H E L L E☆
Devo ammettere che un po' mi mancano i libri per ragazzine, quando ancora non conoscevi bene il genere che preferivi e qualsiasi dramma da grande ti faceva spalancare la bocca per la sorpresa.
Il libro mi è piaciuto, leggendolo a 11 anni mi sembrava un libro fenomenale. Oggi dico che ci sono un po' troppi cliché, ma forse è solo perché sono diventata vecchia.
Se si trova interessante l’argomento quasi YA, questo libro è perfetto per iniziarsi al genere.
Noemi
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book especially the ending. It has a great overall message of not giving up. Brandon started texting Nikki all these rude thins bit when Nikki asked him why it turns out that Brandon didn't send those messages. Mackenzie told Nikki that she asked him to the sweet heart dance . But Nikki didn't have the guts to ask him. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy drama and humor. Also one last thing is that this is personally one of my favorite books of all time. :)
Chloe Resendez
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome!!! I can't believe how hard it was for Nikki to actually ask Brandon an important question (You have to read the book to know what the question was). And yes, I agree, this book was by far the the best!!!! When you see books with hearts on the front cover,get ready because it is going to be pretty tragic. I can't wait to read the next one.
Abbigail  (Hiatus)
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reads-of-2017
I enjoyed reading this book and I found what happened to be interesting. I loved seeing Nicki and Brandon's relationship develop. Looking forward to continuing the series.
Rehan Abd Jamil
My first dork diaries :)
Liya
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series. I started reading them this year and I can't stop. I'm already almost done with the series. I really loved how she isn't scared of this mean girl named Mackenzie. Even though Mackenzie is always really mean to her she isn't mean back. She is really funny I wish she went to our school. I would be friends with her. I REALLY LOVED this book and can't wait to read more.
Natalie Godinez
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dork Diaries Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker by Rachel Renee Russell is a book about a girl who wants to go to the dance with Brandon. Nikki wants to invite Brandon to the dance because girls invite boys that year but she gets a message from him that he cant go because he is sick and when she goes she sees him with Makenzie. I liked the book because it is so true and realistic. I recommend this book to Jessica and Emily because she is going to go to a dance and I want her to read a book t ...more
Zainab Mansoor
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was another amazing book in the Dork Diary series by Rachel Renèe Russel. The book had me at at first really excited to read it, then I got a little upset in the middle with all the problems caused by Nikki's enemies, then in the end I was really happy though not completely satisfied. To begin with, the story was about Nikki trying to go to the prom with the crush of her life, Brandon. Of course,the popular, cool, not dorky MacKenzie has to come in and try to steal Brandon away from her. Ni ...more
Keziah
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yaritza Perez
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allyssa Blackhurst
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls
Recommended to Allyssa by: my mom
I loved this book! The books in the series are really dorky (of course) but so good! I have read all the books in the series so far and loved each one. I love the endings when she has to do something and something just has to get in the way of happy ending. You are always on the edge of your seat. I also love the romance in the book. Now she is only a teenager so its not like a major romance novel (it shouldn't be at that age), but it is perfect to the setting of the book. I have loved this seri ...more
Salve Duplayna
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books in the series. The story about Nikki's never ending wait for Brandon to ask her to the dance is truly something I can sometimes relate to. In addition, the tension between Mackenzie and Nikki for Brandon's heart has never been stronger. As Nikki tries to uncover a way to get Brandon as her date before time runs out, her best friends, Chloe and Zoey, are there to help her discover the secrets of love, "Dork Diaries Style!" But, when things start to go the way she want, Nikki ...more
Marissa
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aubrie Gallegos
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dork Diaries Tales From A Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker by Rachel Renee Russell is an awesome book. It is super sad and frustrating book. It will make you super mad. It also shows what a person would do when you have a crush and you think he likes you back. I would recommend this book to people to people who like drama and a little romace.
Noellenicholee11gmail.com
Very good book.,I really enjoyed it .! It wasn't like the usual books about all the drama and including it did have some things for readers under 6 shouldnt be reading about and i am not trying to ditch the book., on my opiouin it was a really good book coming from a 12., year old.
Maria
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cartea mi s-a parut super draguta, ca si celelalte de asemenea. Dar nu mi-a placut oarecum finalul deoarece a fost mult prea incarcat dupa parerea mea.
Si unele parti au fost total exagerate. Adica serios acum: costum de scafandru si inotatoare-rechin?
does nikki like brandon 13 38 Jun 06, 2017 12:28PM
Can't wait 7 19 Sep 15, 2015 04:38AM
Dork Diaries Fans: Dork Diaries Book #6 Contest 12 35 Oct 03, 2013 03:36PM
  • Mackenzie Blue (Mackenzie Blue, #1)
  • School. Hasn't This Gone on Long Enough? (Dear Dumb Diary Year Two #1)
  • The Awesomely Awful Melodies of Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang (The Popularity Papers, #5)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)
  • Times Squared (Trading Faces, #3)
  • The Journey to Atlantis (Thea Stilton: Special Edition #1)
  • Luv Ya Bunches (Flower Power, #1)
  • P.S. I Really Like You (How I Survived Middle School, #6)
  • Stacey's Movie (The Baby-Sitters Club, #130)
  • Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #1)
  • Calli Be Gold
  • Garfield Blots Out the Sun (Garfield #43)
Rachel Renee Russell is the #1 New York Times Best Selling author of the book series, DORK DIARIES, and the upcoming, THE MISADVENTURES OF MAX CRUMBLY to be released on June 7, 2016.

For more about Nikki's world visit www.DorkDiaries.com

For more about Max's world visit www.MaxCrumbly.com

Dork Diaries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Dork Diaries Book 1: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries, #1)
  • Dork Diaries Book 2: Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl (Dork Diaries, #2)
  • Dork Diaries Book 3: Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star (Dork Diaries, #3)
  • Dork Diaries Book 4: Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess (Dork Diaries, #4)
  • Dork Diaries Book 5: Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)
  • Dork Diaries Book 7: Tales from a Not-So-Glam TV Star (Dork Diaries, #7)
  • Dork Diaries Book 8: Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After! (Dork Diaries, #8)
  • Dork Diaries Book 9: Tales from a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen (Dork Diaries, #9)
  • Dork Diaries Book 10: Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter (Dork Diaries, #10)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Friendly Frenemy (Dork Diaries, #11)
“felt SO insanely happy I could just . . . VOMIT sunshine, rainbows, confetti, glitter and . . . um . . . those yummy little Skittles thingies!” 13 likes
“Miss Bri-Bri has designed a gazillion booty-ful dresses for very famous and important people, like Princess Sugar Plum, Selena Gomez, Beyoncé, and Mrs. Claus! And” 9 likes