Start by marking “Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze, #2)

Wind Chime Point

(Ocean Breeze #2)

When life gets complicated, New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods proves family—and love—can make all the difference
Facing a personal crisis, ambitious and driven Gabriella Castle retreats to the welcoming arms of her family. Everything she's worked for has been yanked out from under her, and she seeks the serenity of her grandmother's home on the North Carolina
Mass Market Paperback, 393 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wind Chime Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wind Chime Point

Danielle
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked this story but I didn't fall in love with it. Gabi finds out she is pregnant and the father wants nothing to do with her and the baby. On top of it all she looses her job.

Wade is a great guy and has liked her from the moment he met her but it turns out he has a past for saving pregnant heroines.

I didn't see the chemistry between these two in this book like I did in the first book. These two bond and try being friends, they share a few kisses but overall that is it.

The baby is born and
Susan
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book just as much as I loved the first one in the series, Sand Castle Bay. Here we have Gabi, the driven one in the family, who is facing the total upending of her life. Instead of looking at a possible vice-presidency in her company and a successful relationship with her boyfriend, she is pregnant, her boyfriend has rejected her and the baby, and her conservative company doesn't want anything to do with an unwed mother. Uncertain of what to do, Gabi goes home to Sand Castle Bay and ...more
Nelda Pearson
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I really read this because a close friend left it for me after visiting. This, the second in the author's Ocean Breezes series, is quite predictable and obvious. In fact, for the first three or so pages I thought I had already read it. It starts with Gabi finding herself pregnant by a friend with benefits and loosing her high power PR job. Fleeing to her Gramdmother's restaurant and home somewhere on the North Carolina shore, she and her two sisters work through the pieces of their lives--Emily ...more
Beth
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, own, romance
Gabriella Castle finds herself pregnant and out of a job. Returning home to the loving arms and support of her grandmother and sisters, Gabi must make some difficult life changing decisions. She never expected to find such strong support in Wade Johnson, but he becomes someone she can really lean on. The problem is Gabi isn’t ready to trust a man again, she has enough going on in her life...

Wade lost his wife and their unborn child in an accident. Now he is starting to live again, she is drawn t
Ani Gonzalez
Fabulous beach read. The conflict is low-key and the plot is a lazy jellyfish bobbing up and down. But the characters are sympathetic and the coastal small town is charming. I took it on vacation and my copy is now full of sand. A feel-good book.
Kristin
3.5
Janice
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, novel, serial, romance
Wind Chime Point is the second in Sherryl Woods' series: Ocean Breeze. Same characters and setting (North Carolina shore) as Book One: Sand Castle Bay, yet I found this to be much more engaging and fun. It's a light, quick read, just perfect for summer. I'm looking forward to the third in the series: Sea Glass Island. Enjoy!
Amanda R
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, fluffy, romance, series
I knew at the end of the last book that something was going on with Gabi. She was withdrawn and not talking to her family and in this family that is just cause for the meddling to go in to overdrive. This book is of course Gabi's story, it's the story of a person so work driven having to find herself after the job she thought she loved not being there anymore. Facing a pregnancy that she wasn't expecting with a man that wants nothing to do with the baby. She goes where she knows love will surrou ...more
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
WIth this book, the story starts right off and you learn all the 'stuff' that Gabi is having to deal with all at once - she has been forced out of her job - after they found out she was pregnant - and the baby daddy has decided that after five years with Gabi that this is her mistake to handle. So Gabi does what anyone would do - goes home to heal in the arms of her family.

The three sisters are very loyal to one another and actually very level headed despite their absentee father and deceased m
Minerva Hall
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutamente maravillosa. La he disfrutado desde la primera página hasta la última, los personajes están llenos de carisma, es fácil empatizar con ellos y disfrutar y sufrir con sus aventuras y desventuras. Tanto Gabriela como Wade son impresionantes, únicos, un libro para recordar, sin duda.
La narración es muy ágil, resulta fácil leerlo y una vez que lo empiezas es imposible parar. Yo lo he leído de un tirón, sin parar. Me he levantado a encender la luz y nada más.
Me ha gustado tanto que lo r
Delta
Jan 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: z2017
It took me twice as long as normal to read this book because it was just so predictable. Plus, I hated how Woods presented her female characters.
Darcee Kraus
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Another wonderful book by Woods! As always, I can't wait for the next one!

Darcee Kraus
Mckinleyville, CA
Kim Smiley
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two in this series of three. I enjoy listening to these stories on m y commute back and forth to work, but even I admit they are very cookie cutter. The last series of books I read by Ms. Woods all use the same basic outline: close families, the elder matriarch the biggest meddler in getting couples together, and the following sayings/words are used in every single book so much they're a bit annoying: "absolutely not!" "Adirondack chair" "Oh sweet heaven" among others.

In any event, in this
Melinda
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, fiction, romance
I had randomly picked up this book and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

I like how the story developed at a good pace, there were lots of character development, the romance wasn't rushed and there is a lot of meaningful stuff (like just because you lost your job, doesn't mean it's the end, you can find what you are passionate about given time and family is so important!!!).

Gabi is pretty much burned out when she returns to her grandmother's home, with a lot on her mind and na
Carolyn
Gabriella Castle, has found herself in a crisis, she is pregnant, dumped and jobless. So she returns to to the small town on the North Carolina Coast and her welcoming family. Gabi finds herself in turmoil because her whole world has gone topsy turvy and she wants the serenity of her sisters and her meddling grandmother. Gabi has to make decisions in what to do with her life and if she will even keep this baby or give it up for adoption. Her plate is so full that the last thing she wants is a ma ...more
Sherry
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Be 2 of Ocean Breeze trilogy focuses on Gabi/Gabrielle, the middle of the three Castle sisters, who discovers she is pregnant, despite birth control, the father wants nothing to do with her or his baby, and the Raleigh NC biomedical company she spins PR for fires her for not upholding their morals expectations. She arrives at her grandmother, Cora Jane, joined there by her older and younger sisters, Samantha and Emily. For once without plans, considering giving up the baby for adoption by two lo ...more
Abbie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Spoilers Below! BEWARE!!!

It took me way too long to read this book and it just irritated the heck out of me. I liked Gabi in the first book but here she was boring. Wade was also boring and I felt zero chemistry between them. I also did not like nor respect the portrayal of Paul, Gabi's ex and baby-daddy. And I do not get the unadulterated worship the characters have for Cora Jane. I would not want that woman meddling in my life. All in all, this was a boring, predictable (like SO predictable) b
Deanna Walker
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book!

Gabriella worked at PR in Raleigh but, she got pregnant by Paul whom she worked with and got demoted by her boss Amanda. She was in a relationship with Wade for a couple of months. They both make a cute couple and maybe might have two more babies in the future on the next couple of series in this book. She got her beautiful baby girl and her Danilla Jane just before Emily's wedding.

Samantha always wanted to be an actress in New York, but, she don't have enough roles to h
Teresa
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was fun! I really enjoyed the story of Gabi and Wade. They are normal folks facing problems we've had or likely known someone who has had them. Job loss? Unplanned pregnancy? Meddling family? Yep, they are not that uncommon. And they face them with a bit of apprehension, a good dose of humor, and just a tad of stubbornness. We can all be difficult at times, can't we?! Ok, maybe it's just me. LOL I love that their love took some time to figure itself out but was building strength and a ...more
Diane Saul
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

Gabi finds herself pregnant, out of a job and the Father of the baby wants nothing to do with the baby. She returns home to figure out what to do with her life. Wade has had his eye on Gabi for awhile and her pregnancy is not an issue for him, but convincing Gabi might not be so easy.

This is a sweet love story about second chances and family standing together. It would be perfect for a lazy afternoon on the beach or in front of a fire on a cold winter night.
Brenda Ricker
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this book is better than #1 in the series. It was a very fast, easy read. Being familiar characters, it was easy to fall into the story. Cora Jane is her same old bossy ,independent self but hopefully changes are coming for her. Gabi and Wade’s story echoed Boone and Emily’s, but was not so drug out. I was happy that the girls’ father has become involved in their lives again. Looking forward to book #3!
Cristina
Se trata de una novela romántica entretenida y fresca. Los personajes tienen una personalidad marcada, sin embargo, no se hacen demasiadas referencias a su aspecto físico, lo cual ha hecho que me costase un poco hacerme una idea exacta de su apariencia física.
El final me ha resultado bastante predecible y el desarrollo de los acontecimientos algo plano.
Kim
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Gabi discovers she's pregnant. Her boyfriend reacts badly. Turns out they weren't as close as she thought. She moves back to her grandmother's home. A local boy falls for her. She quits her high stress job, tries her hand at art, decides she has no talent. Starts an art gallery instead. She falls for the local boy. Everyone lives happily ever after.
Kristi
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Ocean Breeze Series!

Although Emily, Boone, and Samantha all have roles in this novel, the focus is on the middle sister, Gabriella. In this story she finds herself returning to Grandmother Cora Jane’s home, suddenly jobless and with another unforeseen situation. Read this and enjoy!
Kris Gordon Oliphant
Wind Chime Point

Book 2 in this series and I'm ready to pack my bags and move there! Good story and I'm loving the characters.
Diana Barnett
Rhonda
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze)book 2

Wind Chime Point is so beautiful in so many ways. The scenery sounds so lovely that it makes me want to go to the beach and watch the waves. The people or cast of characters are so warm and welcoming on the most part. Gabi's family is behind her and some are pushing her one way or the other out of love.

Gabriella has always known what she wants and plans it down to a degree. She has had a strong desire to suceed and make her father proud of her. Now her
Madison Mega-Mara...: Wind Chime Point - 7th July Book 1 1 Jul 15, 2013 10:05AM
  • Castaway Cove (Shelter Bay #6)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
  • Merry Ex-Mas (Life in Icicle Falls, #2)
  • Luscious (Sexy Chefs, #2)
  • Christmas in Eternity Springs (Eternity Springs #12)
  • Informed Risk / A Hero for Sophie Jones
  • Currant Creek Valley (Hope's Crossing, #4)
  • Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4)
  • The Long Way Home (Chesapeake Diaries, #6)
  • Big Sky Summer (Parable, Montana, #4)
  • Candlelight Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #10)
  • Texas Blaze (The Gallaghers of Sweetgrass Springs #5)
  • You... Again: Baby Blessed / Yesterday Once More
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa

Ocean Breeze (3 books)
  • Sand Castle Bay (Ocean Breeze, #1)
  • Sea Glass Island (Ocean Breeze, #3)