Start by marking “MetaWars: The Dead Are Rising (MetaWars 2.0)” as Want to Read:
MetaWars: The Dead Are Rising (MetaWars 2.0)

MetaWars: The Dead Are Rising

(MetaWars #2)

The second book in the explosive METAWARS saga.

At the climax of the first instalment, METAWARS: FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE, Jonah Delacroix led the "Uploaded," the digital dead, from the faltering Metasphere virtual world into the light of the rival Changsphere world.

The Changsphere offers a safe haven for the Uploaded, and with more processing power than the Southern Corner cou
Published November 1st 2012 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about MetaWars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MetaWars

The Dead are Rising is the second book in Jeff Norton's Metawars series and is just as action packed and addictive as the first. The story picks up not long after Fight for the Future ended, the Uploaded are now safely in the newly created Changsphere and the superior server power of the new system means that they are more "alive" than they ever were in the Metasphere. The Uploaded are regaining their memories and becoming much more self aware which would be a good thing if it didn't mean they w ...more
Darren
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review first appeared on The Book Zone(For Boys) blog

Why does the phrase 'more of the same' seem to sound more negative than positive. In my review, I described Fight For The Future, the first book in Jeff Norton's Metawars series, as a "super fast-paced and well plotted story that sucks readers in from the very first chapter" and the sequel is, to coin a phrase, more of the same. So I put it to you that in this case, 'more of the same' is far from negative and is in fact high praise indeed
Misty
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
The dead are rising was every bit as good as the first book in this fantastic series, its full of just as much fast paced action and the story has taken a great turn.
I thought the idea of the Uploaded becoming hungry for life and usurping the bodies of people who are alive was a great one, it was a twist I didn't see coming but totally makes sense as something that could happen, it also kept the series fresh while still following the main plot of the Guardians trying to find and take over the fo
Kevin McDonnell
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pretty Awesome read, better than the first book with a load of action, suspense and Suprising twists, turns and plots throughout the book and intruiging characters. Would recommend this book.
Michelle
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first book in a series and it is so great that it blows me away, I am always hesitant to read the next book, wondering if I will be left disappointed, or if its just as good as its predecessor.
When I began reading MetaWars: The Dead are Rising, I was looking forward to visiting these worlds again and seeing what else the guardians would do to capture the other corners.

I love the new twist on the story with the Uploaded, not knowing who is themselves or who has been taken over w
Kahdeejah
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
it was an amazingly good book full of mystery and it was also one of the best books that i have read!!!
Jan 16, 2013
Sep 18, 2015
Rory
Apr 08, 2019
Jeff Norton
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Harris Goodman
Apr 19, 2013
Louisa O'Donnell
Nov 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jeff is the author of the award-winning MetaWars series for young adult readers and 'Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie' for middle-grade readers. His new book is 'Alienated: Grounded At Groom Lake.'

A reluctant reader as a youth, Jeff is passionate about creating stories that will turn reluctant readers into lifelong ones.

Before writing full-time, Jeff managed the Enid Blyton literary estate. Jeff moved

MetaWars (4 books)
  • MetaWars: Fight for the Future
  • MetaWars: Battle Of The Immortal (MetaWars 3.0)
  • Metawars: The Freedom Frontier (Metawars, #4)