Start by marking “Pete, Drinker of Blood” as Want to Read:
Pete, Drinker of Blood

Pete, Drinker of Blood

Pete Tyler is a blue-collar guy working nights in Hollywood. He’s also a vampire. He lives alone and avoids the other vampires in L.A., but Pete’s simple life goes haywire when he falls for Angie, the cute bartender at a Sunset Strip dive -- and when sinister vampire lord Carson Fitzgerald returns to claim his children, Pete learns that nothing's ever easy for a creature o ...more
Published October 7th 2012 by Penultimate Ditch Efforts (first published October 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Pete, Drinker of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete, Drinker of Blood

Sara
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I was given this book free of charge by the author in exchange for an honest review.....

Well, WOW!!! I totally loved it. I loved the story, which is well written, and the central character of Pete is fantastic.

It's so refreshing to see a vampire character who isn't uber-cool or massively rich and stunningly handsome. Pete is an undead nerd with an almost unhealthy love for 70's rock - and he's all the better for it!

My only criticism - I NEED more Pete and I hope there are more instalments to com
culley
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pete was a 9-5 dork type when he was turned into a Vampire in the early 70's and little has changed in the last 40 years. He is still working night jobs, listening to classic rock and wearing the same old t-shirts. Pete, Drinker of Blood is a 200 page farce about wimpy, apologetic vampires, complete with a plethora of 70's rock, 80's goth, geek culture and B horror movie references. I was smiling and laughing throughout-- just what I was looking for! Well done.
Teresa Tidwell
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story!

What a great book! I laughed my way through the whole thing. Definitely reading the rest of the series, I am completely hooked.
Kathleen Brinnier
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

I will definitely read more of Pete’s story. Enjoyable, funny and suspenseful. I love the characters, Especially Pete, Angie and Pinball.
K.M.
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about a regular guy who one night followed a girl into the desert and came back a vampire.

It kind of reminds me of Joe Vampire, which I am a huge fan of, but different. For one, Pete here has been a vampire for a while when we first meet him. His penchant for tunes from the 70s gives you an idea from what era he was last alive. He’s a pudgy, blue-collar worker, who is most comfortable in holey t-shirts and jeans than the goth style of dress other vampires like to wear.

Instead of p
Rebecca
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars.

Pete is about the sorriest excuse for a vampire that ever existed, and I adore him for it. He's got a boring job, bad hair, and bit of a gut. He's a regular guy, but undead. It was absolute fun following him around L.A.

Speaking of L.A., Phillips brought the whole Hollywood scene to life, from the crowds on Hollywood Blvd to the aspiring screenwriters. The mention of Frank's Chicken and Waffles, Fatburger, and In-N-Out Burger made me want to hop in the car and take a road tr
Ginger-red
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who has a sense of humour!
I was given this book free for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book. The characters were fantastic, particularly Pete, who would've been the most ordinary bloke, if it wasn't for the fact that he was a vampire..

Scott Phillips style of writing kept me interested and laughing throughout the book.

A great read if you're looking for a funny vampire book.

(view spoiler)
Bridgett Brown
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for free in a giveaway, I really enjoyed this book. It's not your vampire of today he is a man stuck in the 70's. pot belly, and a small afro lol. I liked how it's not what you are expecting in a vampire book, it's funny, smart, and scary. I really can't wait to read what happens next.
Chanda Barrick
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's nice change to have some humor in a topic that is typically all gloom and doom. I literally laughed out loud quite a few times while reading this book! The worst thing for me is this whole idea of a series...I'm a "results now" kind of person and it kills me that I couldn't keep turning the pages to find out what happened to Pete after the big showdown! Was a good, fast read!
Zarinah
it was kinda funny. I think the book would of been better as a graphic novel. The story was kind of slow in the beginning but quickly picked up towards the middle. After the slow part the book speed up quickly and I was sort of glued to the plot wanting to know what was going to happen.
Stan Day
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire fans, Buffy fans, Josh Whedon fans
Recommended to Stan by: Scott Phillips
Funny as anything. Highly recommend this as well as the second Pete book, Pete Has Risen From the Grave.
Roxanne
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from Goodreads. It is about a Hollywood guy who turned into a vampire. Kind of a unique book.
C Patrick Daily
Mandy
May 04, 2013
Trimbandit
Apr 21, 2017
Making Connections: 707. PETE, DRINKER OF BLOOD by Scott S. Phillips 21 49 Feb 16, 2013 07:24AM
Scott S. Phillips has written all kinds of stuff: films, TV, books, comics and even dialogue for talking dolls. He's the author of the PETE, DRINKER OF BLOOD series, as well as several other books. Scott wrote the screenplay for the cult action flick DRIVE (1997), and twelve episodes of the CW Network's KAMEN RIDER DRAGON KNIGHT.

Perhaps most importantly, he once performed as stand-in for the lege
“I can't promise I won't soil my trousers in here," he said. "You and me both." Pete extended his hand. Mr. Stovall gripped it tight and they shook on the matter of potential pants-sh*tting, then rejoined the other vampires at the door.” 1 likes