Start by marking “Love, Lies & High Heels (Love, Lies and More Lies #1)” as Want to Read:
Love, Lies & High Heels (Love, Lies and More Lies #1)

Love, Lies & High Heels (Love, Lies and More Lies #1)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  3,629 Ratings  ·  231 Reviews
Luke Galloway doesn't lie. Well, not normally. And never about anything as serious as death. But, somehow Luke’s friend and business partner, Sam Paris, convinces Luke that he needs to do just that. Sam believes the only way his daughter will come back to see him is if he were dying. And so the lies begin...

Rusty Paris has been alone most of her life. Her parents were divo

Published April 2012 by Debby Conrad

To ask other readers questions about Love, Lies & High Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Lies & High Heels

Misty
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Don't honestly know how I want to rate this book. I'm so frustrated with it I just can't right now or it would be bad I think. There was a stunning lack of communication in this book between the main characters. I don't mind that in small quantities but over and over and over through the whole book. I mean, if they would have sat down and had one actual meaningful conversation they could have cleared up a lot of misunderstandings...but no, they don't they just keep going on hearing partial conve ...more
Sheri
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kill-me-now, f-r-e-e
Ummm umm ahhhhh
My momma taught me,
"if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
so, I am zipping it!
Jayne
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Anne OK
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Really cute story with adorable characters. I enjoyed the plot -- even though it wasn't very original. I just always enjoy when the cowboy wins the city girl!
Clarisse
Nov 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
While there were parts of the book I did enjoy, generally, I didn't like it. I especially didn't like the second half.

I just found it really annoying and frustrating that the characters Luke and Rusty just kept assuming the other felt a certain way about the relationship, and then acting so drastically on it. I just personally found myself annoyed most of the second half of the book, when all of their problems could have been fixed if only they stopped assuming things and started communicating.

I
Catalina
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOAH! For a book that was free, it was definitely worth it! I didn't really come in with high expectations because I am not so much into the whole cowboy thing. Ok, I'll be honest, I never TRIED the whole cowboy thing. This was my first cowboy book and damn was it good! The few sex scenes weren't super steamy or anything BUT the sexual tension and foreplay buildup was so hot. I think for me, personally, that's the best part. I am ALL about the sexual tension. I guess I just enjoy the anticipatio ...more
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

Rusty hasn't seen her dad since she was a little kid, so when she hears that he's dying, she packs up to go be with him for as long as he has left. But she's a spoiled fish out of water, with designer duds and spiked heels that have no place on a working ranch, and her father's partner and ranch hand Luke won't let her forget it.

The Verdict: Okay, so I can't say I like the idea of a parent faking terminal illness to get his adult child's attention, but many books I've loved have started off even
bokskiee
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I downloaded this ebook from iTunes since it's free and out of curiosity. Turns out that it deserves a good review.

Set in the rural areas of Kentucky, heiress Rusty Paris is forced to come home by a certain Luke Galloway, a man sent by her father to tell her about his dying condition. Little did she know her father Sam, made it all up and just wants to spend time with her and wants to know if she still cares for him despite the years of being distant.

Luke, who's actually Sam's business
Kathleen
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I rate this book at 2-1/2 stars (not sure how to do that). I liked the main characters, Luke and Rusty, and I enjoyed the setting of the ranch in Kentucky as well as some of the story line. What drove me crazy was the "junior high-like" communication behavior of Luke and Rusty. The story was pretty predictable but it took forever to get to the happy ending. In fact, it didn't happen until the last two or three pages and that was after having to read through their missed opportunities over and ov ...more
Joanna Grace
Oct 20, 2012 rated it liked it
A cute book ! Recently I've read many books that include ranches, and a country type background. The general plot being from being a nobody/ alone you do to having everything. Then a mistake happens it gets fixed and then happy ending.

This book I enjoyed. The plot and characters were presented in a good/ relatable way. The hate love relationship between Luke and Rusty made me crack up. This book is funny and comical. The cover I think is pretty but a picture of the 3 main characters on the ranc
Tashia
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I was honestly enjoying this book until the ending. I felt emotionally attached to Luke early on.... and every time Rusty hurt his feelings, I wanted to beat her. She eventually grew on me and then with all of the non-communicated misunderstandings between them, I was frustrated. One would think with that kind of frustration, I'd be eager for this story to end. However, I felt like the ending was rushed. I found myself upset because it ended. Strange, I know.

Anyhoo.... I give this book a solid
Jessica
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story line alot, and would have given it 4 stars had it not been for the way the ending went. (view spoiler) Up until the end though I very much enjoyed the characters, and I would ...more
Sarah -
Thank goodness this book was free and thank goodness these are only fictional characters, because these two are seriously too stupid to live. Too. Stupid. To. Live. Here's an idea, talk to each other. Have a conversation, for fucks sake. This was awful.
Kim
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
The cute love/hate banter was fun in the first half of the story ... Then it got childish and annoying and honestly I couldn't help but think, "oh come on, grow up already!!!"
Pam
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love, Lies, & High Heels is a western romance by Debbie Conrad. It is a delightful light read. It is full of surprises.
Luke Galloway helped Sam Paris develop his Kentucky farm into a viable operation. They raised, raced, sold, and studded Kentucky race horses. From an almost penniless man, Sam is now well-off as is his partner Luke. Luke has a prison record from his youth. A group of boys decided to go joyriding in Luke’s step-father’s car. Not liking Luke, his step-father pressed charges a
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
Two stars that died to one star.

"He loved her. Somehow she’d known it all along"

Me? "Sure you did, sure you did, for that disgusting wallop of a freakin ass lie a star died."

(view spoiler)
Eva
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, romance
2.5 stars - as options are only for 2 or 3, so, I've given it 3. And only for the story line. Love the story and the whole idea of it. But, there's always but... Rusty and Luke. Oh my, they were so annoying and childish. Seriously? Like two teenagers. C'mon they were supposed to be adults, right? At first I loved a bit of love/hate relationship they had but soon I grew bored of it and then annoyed.
Apart from that I enjoyed this book.
Sue Parker
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I expected more from this book. I liked the story but the constant I love her but she doesn't love me and so on just made me want to slap both Luke and Rusty upside the head. I mean come on you spend 7 months living together after being married and barely speaking to each other? The ending was ok but it just seamed like the wrap up was rushed out in two pages.
Liz Bernheisel
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
HeatherGriffith
So frustrating! These characters could not communicate. And they were supposed to do it all right and have a lovely wedding and extend the ranch and put money away for the babies. Not donate it all and never actually clear the air. What was that ending about. No. No. No.
Mimi Herrmann
Not too horrible

Predictable and hackneyed plot about two people who can't keep their hands off each other but who also have no communication skills.
Detroitangel
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a typical love/hate relationship with a side of manipulation.
Chelsea Nicole
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
This had to be just about the worst book I've read all year. Not only was the pacing horrible, but so was the plot and the writing itself. I couldn't empathize or connect with not one character.
Rusty is an heiress to her late mothers money that she acquired by a series of marriages and divorces. Yes, it starts off as a mess and certainly does not stop once to relieve you of the nonsense you just read.
Despite her unstable and fatherless childhood, she grows up to be a half decent, albeit annoyi
Zeinab Dh
I chose to read and review this I must say it was a surprise for me in certain chapters but I felt that the book was not what it was meant to be I mean it could have been better written better characters add or remove some who aren't even needed in some places the main characters was someone I wanted to punch in the face she could have made improvement but still was ok

Teresa Allumbaugh
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story and enjoyed reading. The ending was happy but everything was wrapped up so quick. And the whole he loves me/she loves me no wait he doesn't love me/she doesn't love me...back and forth over and over again was a bit annoying.
Chris Mallett
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, Lies, and High Heels( Spoiled and Sassy Book 1) by Debby Conrad

I would recommend Debby Conrad books to everyone who loves to read! You will be happy with her writing! I know I am. Thank you Debby Conrad!
terry johnson
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy ever after

A sweet romantic story with a happy ending. It is a feel good read with a couple of twists and turns.
Bernie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, Lies and High Heels is the first book in this cute and fun series written by author Debby Conrad.
Aggeliki
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
So many soapy tropes and subtle(?) sexism, I had to double check that it wasn't written in the 80s or 90s.
Madison Mega-Mara...: Love, Lies, and High Heels 1 3 Jan 08, 2013 01:52PM
  • Double Trouble (The Coxwells, #2)
  • The Black Sheep (New Moon Bay, #1)
  • Project Produce
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Pillow Talk, #3)
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)
  • The Pink Rose: Secrets, Love and Betrayal (The Wilsons, #1)
  • It's In His Kiss
  • The Rancher Takes A Bride (The Burnett Brides, #1)
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • The Best Man
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
  • Her Bad Boy Billionaire Lover
  • Until You
  • Moonlight and Margaritas
  • Married by Mistake
  • Wild for You (Tropical Heat, #2)
  • Holiday Kisses
Sexy reads with a dash of humor and a slice of suspense!

DEBBY CONRAD has been spinning tales since junior high school when she would force her younger sister and a few close friends to listen to her fantasies and dreams. Back then she had no idea her silly tales would end up in print, or that her later dream of becoming a novelist would come true.

Debby lives with her husband in NW Pennsylvania,
More about Debby Conrad

Love, Lies and More Lies (6 books)
  • Love, Lies and Compromise (Love, Lies and More Lies, #2)
  • Love, Lies and Alibis (Love, Lies and More Lies, #3)
  • Love, Lies and Dirty Deals (Love, Lies and More Lies #4)
  • Love, Lies and Gray Skies (Love, Lies and More Lies #5)
  • Love, Lies and Agonize (Love, Lies and More Lies #6)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Absolution
    $3.99 $1.99
  • My Dearest Love (Longing for Home)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Choices (The Love's Valley #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Secrets in Summer: A Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)
  • The Secret Wife
  • OBSESSION
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Chances (The Love's Valley #3)
  • Nearlyweds
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Sweet Resolve (Lucky, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Promises (The Love's Valley #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Have you totally lost your mind? I’m not going to tell your daughter you’re dying!” “It’s the only way she’ll come.” Sam Paris held Luke’s gaze and refused to back down. He ran a hand over his red and silver whiskers, took a long drink of bourbon, then set the empty glass down on the kitchen table.” 0 likes
“Funny how your life could turn upside down in a matter of minutes. And there wasn’t a damn thing you could do to stop it.” 0 likes