Start by marking “Someone Else's Fairytale (Someone Else's Fairytale, #1)” as Want to Read:
Someone Else's Fairytale (Someone Else's Fairytale, #1)

Someone Else's Fairytale

(Someone Else's Fairytale #1)

Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. She becomes the woman every other woman in America is dying to be, but it just isn't her fairytale.
Published December 6th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Someone Else's Fairytale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Else's Fairytale

Take My Hand by Nicola HakenSaving Amy by Nicola HakenInevitable by Nicola HakenDamage by P.J.  AdamsGame On by Kyra Lennon
Great UKNA
37 books — 30 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsEclipse by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Love Triangle
283 books — 584 voters

More lists with this book...

Smitten's Book Blog

Aaaaah, this was super duper cute! I enjoyed it so much. 4.5 stars!

At the beginning, I was wondering if it was going to be a little slow. I found Chloe moody and slightly irritating. But then you found out her story and you know what? She can be a little bit moody if she wants to. Girl has been through some serious crap. So be patient with her, she's alright really.

But it didn't last long. After a while I found myself really warming to her. She wasn't materialistic or shallow. She didn't lead Ja
Deborah
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Warning: Rant forth coming...

This is our bookclub book for the month and I am sad to say I was a little disappointed.(HEA bookclubers feel free to stop reading until discussion starts on the 20th).

First things first. I had NO CLUE which guy I was suppose to root for. Did we want the hot actor or didn't we? Was I suppose to root for the best friend or not? I HAD NO IDEA. That is kind of a pet peeve in my book. For over the first quater of the book I was conviced that we were suppose to like Matth
Rebecca Berto
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ladies this book hits the sweet spot between romance and chic lit. It's so much fun without being over the top (OTT) at all. It's for the ungirly girls. Super so far.

*** FINAL REVIEW ***

Someone Else’s Fairytale was NOT at all what I expected. You know how the title insinuates pink fluffy dresses, girls who love to shop, secrets whispered behind manicured nails and chasing price Charming?

Yeah, no.

Just, no. Someone Else’s Fairytale is about Chloe Winters. Character profile:

- Disowned by illegitim
Stephanie Cowart
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
First I must say that what impressed me most about this book is the author’s ability to get me to cross genres. I am not a chick lit fan. I’ve tried to read many books in that genre – actually was able to finish a few, but never really left the book satisfied. But when I picked up “Someone Else’s Fairytale” I was hooked from page 1.

Chloe Winters has a chance meeting with big star Jason Vanderholt when she and her friends are extras in a movie being shot at their college the University of New Mex
Hallie
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, romance
3.5 stars. (But the things that brought it down in rating are perhaps more interesting to me than the things that worked perfectly.)

So here's what my plan for the other night looked like: spend a half an hour or so organising my shelves here, write up The Obsidian Mirror, and then -- whatever.

Here's what happened: spent that half an hour, but in the process added 4 books to my to-read shelf and 1 to my keep-an-eye-on-it shelf. Started reading the one added to my keep-an-eye-on-it shelf (Someone
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chaste
I'm pretty sure this is the best wish fulfillment book I've ever read. Maybe I should clarify that, as it's a subgenre that I'm kind of making up on the spot. There's this type of romance where an ordinary girl dates, falls in love with, and consummates a relationship with a rich and famous guy (or sometimes the other way around, but it's more common for the famous guy story). Most such books have breaks with reality in places, though, where the wish breaks down because you can't actually think ...more
Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
2.5*

Gorgeous cover! I wouldn't go so far as to say "shame about the contents," but I do think this romance wasted a great idea with poor structuring & a meandering pace. I think the book would have been improved with a bit of judicious pruning - say 50 pages. IMO, clean romances are hard to pull off in this day & age, so they need to be really fast paced

& better use could have been made of both Chloe's other admirer & her half brother.

Livvy
I am going against the grain with the rest of the reviewers and only giving this book 2 stars. Since there are few pros than cons, I'll start with the positives.

Pros: The writing was sound and it was free. I've encountered many freebies that are just awful in this area.

Cons: I didn't like the characters...like at all. Chloe was beyond annoying and there were times I was seriously cheering for her to fail. In the beginning she describes Jason has a fake Ken doll with really dry skin but after wat
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Kindle freebie alert, April 2016! Grab this one while you can, if you like sweet contemporary romances.

I read this almost 3 years ago, when I was first starting to try writing Goodreads reviews; you can tell this by the extreme shortness of my original review below :) This romance is of the "date a famous hot actor" variety, but the main character and the story both have more depth than the typical contemporary romance.

The main character, Chloe, has a couple of guys chasing her, including her l
BabyBeth
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bad-h, clingy
***Three It-Was-Kinda-OK Stars***

This book was free on Amazon and I'm not ashamed to say that's pretty much the only reason why I gave it a shot. It was a pleasant surprise in some ways and terribly predictable in other ways.

So we meet Chloe Winters, a goodie-two-shoes with really annoying, dysfunctional mom (I wonder if there's a heroine out there with regular folks?). What I liked about Chloe was that she was genuinely smart (reminded me a little of Penny Reid's characters). What I didn't lik
Jess
This was... interesting?

Things I liked:

1. That while there was a past traumatic event, it did not define Chloe's life. Too often in new adult books (and are we calling this NA? I'm not sure), the trauma is all the character is. But that's not the case here. She has baggage, both from the trauma and her childhood, but the book is largely about how they effect her ability to live her life and I liked that.
2. The presentation of a celeb/non-celeb relationship felt pretty right.
3. Jason's family. T
Holly Noelle
This was not what I was expecting at all - and I mean that in a good way!

Someone Else's Fairytale is about a normal girl named Chloe. After a rough childhood that left her (literally) scarred, she's desperate to move on and live just a regular life. Between going to college and working at a coffee shop, she's pretty much on her way to achieving that goal. Then, due to a friend, she becomes an extra in a movie that just happens to star Jason Vanderholt.

description

Jason is the Hollywood 'IT' boy. Having star
Stephanie
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
*4.5 stars*

The first time I tried to read this, I bounced off the writing style in the first few chapters and gave up. That was SUCH a mistake! When I tried again, this time sticking past the first few chapters, I got absolutely sucked in and ended up DEVOURING it, cheering Chloe all the way, 100% invested in her romance and the lives of all the great characters around her. (And I loved the hero's family - big and real and fabulous.) It turns out, I LOVED this book, and felt so ridiculous for ha
~Kristin~
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free
5 Stars
You can imagine my surprise when I am home today and wanted a lighter, by that meaning less dark, book to read today to lift my spirits. I have this book sitting on my kindle, which was a freebie that I pick up somewhere along the way, and decide what the heck I'll give it a go. I absolutely completely enjoyed this book. It was funny and touching heartfelt and silly. This was a win for me today!!
Ela
Jun 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
SO DULL.
Aug 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I made it to 20% before I just simply could not take the writing and characters anymore. I am mad I one-clicked this as a freebie. I want my time back.
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'

This is a classic boy meets girl Cinderella love story that will tickle those fantasy taste buds, whether you are 14 or 40 and beyond.

Chloe Winters isn't your average 21 year old, although she is bright and is training in forensic science, her underlying views on all things fantastical and romantic became stale the moment her life took a dramatic turn for the worse when she was 11. The day she nearly died at the hands of an estranged family member, was the day Chloe vowed to control her own lif
Katie
So I'd actually tried this before! But I bounced off the writing, so didn't read more than a couple of chapters. But Hallie and Jacob's review were SO good that I wanted to give it another chance. And then I was browsing Amazon and noticed it was free (still is!), so I bought it.

And ohhh. I haven't had much time to read except late at night and this kept me up late two nights in a row, reading "just one more chapter!" Finally decided I HAD to finish it tonight because I can't keep doing that! An
Katie W
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Chloe is an Albuquerque college student who had a rough upbringing, but her life changes when she and her roommate and best friend, Matthew, were extras on the set of a movie. Big-time actor, Jason, notices her and they become friends. Too bad Chloe feels like this should be someone else's fairytale and not hers. She doesn't get caught up in all the Hollywood stuff--she thinks his life is weird.

Chloe is a strong young woman who has very high morals. She goes through a difficult trial and overcom
Beth
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I could just echo what all of you said: I really, really liked this. What fabulous people this book's got. Like (I think?) all of you, I didn't really buy (view spoiler) but the writing is strong enough to make me overlook that - to want a happily-ever-after anyway.

Although happily-ever-after is the wrong term, isn't it? This isn't that sort of book, and these aren't those sorts of characters. But I trust that they're set up well for the future, and that they
Mella
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inhaltsangabe:
Es ist einfach nicht ihr Märchen, als der erfolgreiche Jason Vanderholt in ihr Leben tritt.
Traumatisiert durch ihre Kindheit, deren ganzes Ausmaß erst nach und nach enthüllt wird, konzentriert sich Chloe Winters auf ihre akademische Laufbahn.
Als er Chloe bei Aufnahmen zu einem neuen Film begegnet ist es um ihn geschehen, denn im Vergleich zu anderen Frauen ist es ihr vollkommen egal WER er ist. Sein üblicher Charme zieht bei Chloe nicht, doch Jason unternimmt jeden Versuch, um s
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-read-list
This book was just okay for me. Felt like a easy going fairy tale that every young girl dreams about at one time. The characters are easy to follow and for the most part likable. I won't say relate-able because not every meets a famous movie star or has such a crazy history as Chloe.

"That part of me I'd thought was broken past repair, wasn't so broken after all. I hadn't forgotten how to dream, I'd just stopped paying attention."-Chloe

The two really go well together. There's no heart stopping r
Jenn
I was actually debating giving this book 5 stars, but I let it sit (and my excitement simmer down) and I'm giving it 4.5. This book was in no way the best thing ever written, but the feels it gave me while reading make up for it's high rating.

Someone Else's Fairytale begins with Chloe and her friends, Matthew and Lori, heading down to the college campus to become extras on a film being filmed in their area. The film stars current heartthrob, Jason Vanderholt, who is actually from that area. Jas
Maureen
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, romance
I’ve always been a sucker for romantic fairytale-like stories. But when I heard about ‘Someone Else’s Fairytale’ is wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I started reading this book earlier this morning and I couldn’t put it down. I’ve neglected my house, forgot to drink (so I’m dehydrated right now) or eat and been reading all day. This book really exceeded all my expectations.

‘Someone Else’s Fairytale’ is a story about Chloe. She is your typical girl-next-door college girl who studies real hard a
Emily
Chloe Winters has spent her whole life being judged over something she had nothing to do with, if it were not from her mother’s indiscretions it was for a tragedy that occurred years ago. Chloe keeps all of this wound tightly and secure within her, not sharing even to her closest friends.

Talked into being an extra on a film being shot locally, Chloe happens to catch the eye of Hollywood heartthrob Jason Vanderholt. Jason is instantly focused on Chloe, she treats him like a regular guy and they b
Andrea
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected this book to be a typical frivolous romance novel. What it was is annoying. I get that she's just a "normal" girl who wants to be independent, but making a federal case every time he wants to buy you a cup of coffee?!? Get over it!
Also, I thought there were WAY too many story lines happening. There was the one with the best friend and the one with the housemate and the one with the brother and the one with the niece...all in addition to the one with the movie star and grad school.
It
HJ
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. Super clean - with a not-too-subtle subliminal message that was pretty annoying (to me) - lots of seeming build up to angsty drama, with little to no follow through. Any action, suspense, climax just kind of fizzled out.

Good book for teens. Sweet clean romance with a firm stance (overly) on chastity.
Tandie
This was a cute contemporary romance and it was a freebie. I enjoyed the story, I just got a creeper vibe from Jason Vanderholt. It wasn't his checkered past that bothered me, it was his slightly stalkerish obsession with Chloe. I kept feeling like she was way too young or something. It did end up being sweet, I just didn't click with the 'boy'.
Kjen
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read! I loved the message it conveyed and the strength of the characters. This is a book that was interesting and enjoyable for me to read, as well as being something I'd like my 13 year old daughter to read. Win-Win:)
Grace
So this was fun and an easy read and a great concept, but the execution didn't always work very well. Some parts of it were great and then other parts were frustrating/left me wanting.

• The Accidental Movie Star (Accidental #1)
  • Foolish Games (Foolish Games, #1)
  • Accidental Texting: Finding Love Despite the Spotlight
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
  • Forcing Gravity
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • Hollywood Ever After (Red Carpet, #1)
  • Moving Neutral (Moving Neutral, #1)
  • Angel Beach (Summer Romance Collection, #2)
  • Not in Love With Kale Eddison
  • Excess All Areas (Freya Johnson #1)
  • The Morning After
  • Snapshot (The Jamieson Collection, #2)
  • The Bloodstone Saga: The Complete Collection (The Bloodstone Saga, #1-4)
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • My Life With The Movie Star
  • Collision
  • Loving David
Emily Mah Tippetts writes romance under the name E.M. Tippetts and science fiction and fantasy under the name Emily Mah. Before she was a published author, she was an attorney who specialized in real estate, contracts, and estate planning, especially literary estate planning.

Her most recent pro publications have been her science fiction and fantasy short stories in magazines like Black Gate, Analo

Someone Else's Fairytale (6 books)
  • Nobody's Damsel (Someone Else's Fairytale, #2)
  • The Hunt for the Big Bad Wolf (Someone Else's Fairytale #3)
  • My Wicked Half-Sister (Someone Else's Fairytale #4)
  • Whatever After (Someone Else's Fairytale, #5)
  • Sleepless Beauty (Someone Else's Fairytale, #6)
“Jason Vanderholt is off the market."
"I wasn't ever for sale," muttered Jason.”
15 likes
“Movies, good ones, with good leads, they give the audience something they need, okay? A release. An escape. Something that some of us are too broken to give ourselves. Maybe if I'd had a normal childhood, I'd be able to daydream and fantasize and all that on my own, but do you know how many of us can't? People need their dreams. There's a reason why society pays good money for them.” 9 likes