Start by marking “Birthday Burglar” as Want to Read:
Birthday Burglar

Birthday Burglar

Jamie was the captain of his high school's football team. Neil was the weird goth transfer student. And yet, they fell in love and have been together ever since. Three years later, their relationship is strong as ever, but living together made the couple's love life somewhat predictable.

Today, it's Neil's birthday and Jamie's determined to make it unforgettable. And what c
Published October 6th 2012 by Acerbi & Villani, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Birthday Burglar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birthday Burglar

* A Reader Obsessed *
The best part?? How much this established young couple still loves each other. Otherwise, absolutely ridiculous.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Free short, it was a light and fun read, although..Jamie gives the impression of being pretty self absorbed and maybe not thinking things through.
The blurb gives more of the couples history than the story does, this only covers maybe a few hours.
(view spoiler)
Vio
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Jamie tries to spice things up for Neil to surprise him for his birthday, I am not sure what he was thinking the dill and of course it never goes according to plan. I was chuckling my way through most of this short, cute and funny story. I loved how the birthday celebrations went haywire and the puppy was an unwanted spectator in the bedroom antics, adorable lol!
Heller
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5

Tagged role-play fail? I had to check it out. Cute moment in the life of an established young couple. I think Jamie needs to think a bit before he acts in quite a few things but this had some sweet moments and a few laughs.
K.A. Merikan
Oct 07, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
Re-edition with new cover and some editing tweaks :)

Available FREE on Smashwords :)

Amazon:

Barnes&Noble:

AllRomance:
Vivian
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Adorable comedy of errors where good intentions and well wishes end up with some amusing effects.
Serena Yates
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
What a fun little story! I guess most of us have wanted to surprise loved ones for a special occasion, and found that those surprises aren't always as successful or gladly received as we imagined. Jamie has a definite case of "surprise gone wrong" – and not just one, but several in a row. Neil's reactions were priceless, and the one thing that made this a comedy of errors (rather than a tragedy of things gone wrong) was the love between the two men. It put everything into perspective, and let ev ...more
Joanna Oleś
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's only a smart part of what American High contains. But I'm lucky to know the whole story of Jamie and Neil :D That's really good one.
Anna Kļaviņa
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Lightheaded and smexy short story.
2 stars=it was OK.
Penumbra
Birthday Burglar is the story of Jamie and Neil, who are longtime boyfriends. This book is told in third person from Jamie’s pov.

1.5 Stars

(view spoiler)
Angel **Book Junkie**
The book was definitely okay. Weird but okay. Had some real laugh out loud moments but a few what in the world was the author thinking moments. To me it was just odd all the way around from the surprises, the dog, and everything else up to and including the burglary scene. I think it was cute but, ODD in which I had to give it 2 stars saying it was an OK read.
Kristy
A free short. Can't go wrong!
Matthew
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun little short free story... role-play disaster.

Just silly.

RE-READ: I think 4 stars was a little generous. But this was cute, I guess. Not too much plot or anything. Kinda unrealistic.
Carey
Nov 10, 2012 rated it liked it
cute, quick, short read.
Jester Plays
A romantic erotica! It was worth the 14 pages for me.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Puppy was cute. Quick, little glimpse into a special day for the boys.
From the beginning, I thought they were having a few issues, but as you go along, it seems like they are doing just fine.
Shelley Chastagner
Jamie is determined to make his boyfriends birthday special. He wants to do something spontaneous after Neil asked for more of it in their relationship. I liked that Jamie is trying so hard but dear Lord the boy comes across as a complete airhead. Poor Neil deals with Jamie's birthday "surprises" with grace (mostly) and a lot of patience. This would make for a great weekend or lunchtime book.
Adult read
JayCee
Read for a challenge. I was glad it was a short story as role playing is not my thing and twice as glad the role-playing part failed miserably and not completed !

The rest of the story was back in my confort zone, although I wasn't a fan of the puppy shopping.
I percieved Jamie a bit as a dumb blonde, but not a chick with a dick, which is mostly why it got 2★.
Rachel
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
Elaine
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good short story. I enjoyed it.
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, funny
Wow, Jamie did such a mess with his surprises!!!! I guess with him neil life will never be boring!
ChrisVigilante
Jamie was a little odd, but he tries. I knew that role play was going to be a fail right away. There were some funny moments.The story overall was cute.
Cory
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
A fun read. I think Jamie is slightly crazy though LOL. The puppy added some definite humor into the mix.
Lisa
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Something and a lot of nothing. Too short with not enough to *grasp* the MC's or slice of life plot. Disappointing read.
Rissa
Funny, especially about the puppy "watching"!
I like Jamie's good intentions for Neil's birthday even if nothing went like planned! ;)
Kevin
May 25, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was not very fun. It started out nicely with a guy trying to surprise his boyfriend for his birthday. All is mostly well until the boyfriend arrives on the scene. It went downhill from there.

• Expect the Unexpected
  • Swept Up In Blue
  • An Oral Fixation
  • To Feel the Sun
  • Jackson's Law
  • A Sterling New Year (With or Without, #2.2)
  • See Right Through (Savannah, #1)
  • Coming Home
  • A Taste of Midnight
  • Falling For You (Falling For Him #1)
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d