Start by marking “Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance” as Want to Read:
Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance

Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  722 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Frank was a monster who wanted to dance. So he put on his hat, and his shoes made in France...and opened a jar and put ants in his pants! So begins this monstrously funny, deliciously disgusting, horrifyingly hilarious story of a monster who follows his dream. Keith Graves' wacky illustrations and laugh-out-loud text will tickle the funny bone and leave readers clamoring f ...more
Published February 1st 1999 by Chronicle Books

Ruhama
Jul 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was posted on PUBYAC recently--a librarian was concerned that it was too traumatic for preschoolers, especially after she used it in a storytime and the kids seemed stunned. So I decided to see if she had a right to be concerned, or if her kids just had an off day...

Frank(enstein) is a slightly grotesque green-headed monster who wants to go on Soul Train to strut his stuff. So he puts on his best outfit and heads over to the TV studio and wows the crowd. The problem is Frank is more wi
Camie
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Target audience 1st grade boys ...enough said!!
Erin
Sep 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children of all ages
Just pulled this one out for the season and I loved it. I laughed out loud. Happy Halloween.
Samantha
Frankenstein (Frank) gets in the mood to groove. He heads to a local theater (after putting ants in his pants) and really wows the crowd. When he starts falling apart piece by piece the audience leaves, but Frank continues to strut his stuff.

A funny/creepy read aloud that will appeal to middle grade boys who dig gross stuff. PreK-2.
Michelle
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a very fun book with fun illustrations. This would be fun to read at Halloween...and I know a few boys who would like to have it out all year long. If they like Parts by Ted Arnold they will really like this one.
Melissa
Feb 15, 2015 added it
Shelves: ypl
Great for Halloween. Has the yuck factor.
Charles Frierman
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome kids book. Its about a (Frankenstein style) monster who had a hard time keeping himself together but loves dancing so much, that he doesn't care what anyone might think should he fall apart.

Favorite character: Frank

Favorite monment: when he says, " I might be a monster, but man I can dance."
Mariah
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My students LOVED this book! It was short and funny. Best of all it rhymed! Also, the illustrations are great :)
Jeane
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my grandson's favorite book! Highly recommend for children! EEK!
Pam
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute story about Frank. He decided to pursue his dream and what a dance it was.
  • My Monster Mama Loves Me So
  • Skeleton Hiccups
  • I Need My Monster
  • Sipping Spiders Through A Straw: Campfire Songs For Monsters
  • Bone Soup
  • Sylvie
  • Mostly Monsterly
  • Wiggle
  • There Was An Old Monster!
  • Ten Little Mummies
  • Buddy and the Bunnies: In Don't Play with Your Food
  • The Ugly Pumpkin
  • Jump!
  • Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
  • Cha-Cha Chimps