Start by marking “Attack on Titan, Vol. 5 (Attack on Titan, #5)” as Want to Read:
Attack on Titan, Vol. 5 (Attack on Titan, #5)

Attack on Titan, Vol. 5

(Attack on Titan #5)

CAN YOU GO HOME AGAIN?

Thanks to Eren, humanity has taken the town of Trost back from the Titans. Exhausted, Eren falls into a coma for three days – and wakes in shackles, staring at Erwin Smith, leader of the Survey Corps. Certain that Eren's father's research holds the key to the mystery of the Titans’ rise, Smith wants an expedition to retrieve it from the house where Er
Published June 4th 2013 by Kodansha Comics (first published August 9th 2011)

Nicole
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
Well the flashbacks are still messed up, the art is so bad but I have a thing or two for Levi. I think this was the best volume so far. Not so many flasbacks the axe of time is kinda stable. The story evolves and we learn more about the characters, especially the scouting team.
Bradley
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Now we've got a good mixing of the noobs with the elites with plenty of expected death on the line.

Can I say that this volume was rather surreal without quite going overboard? Probably. It's more of a deep, deep surreal. The whole manga is so super serious and quick and emotional, full of horrible expectations that are truly bleak.

Even with their secret weapon, it really doesn't seem to matter. There's no banding together of humanity in the face of one great enemy. People are still shit.

And yet
Mario
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
Now that is what I call a cliffhanger! This series just keeps getting better and better.
Kristijan
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Konačno dočekah Darkwood-ovo izdanje 5. dela u ovom serijalu. I.... vredelo je čekati. Kao što sam ranije primetio, navučen sam na ovaj serijal - sviđa mi se grafika, sviđaju mi se likovi, sviđa mi se sama priča i još mnogo toga.
Ovaj nastavak se završava poprilično intrigantnim cliffhangerom. Šestica će biti verovatno ludački interesantna. Samo se treba strpiti...
Jedini minus za 5. deo: Mikasa je malo zapostavljena :(
Mal
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀᴠᴇʏ ᴄᴏʀᴘs.
Veronica Morfi
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So much action and what a cliffhanger!
Vendea
Levi a jeho slavná uklízecí scéna s oknem! My god! So perfect.

description
Shannon
Woah. A titan talked. Well that's new. (view spoiler)

I feel like I should feel bad for how they restrain the captured titans since it's pretty brutal, but they're not humans or animals, they're basically just killing machines. So I won't feel bad anymore. Very interesting that the titans barely weigh anything - just why do they exist ... ?

Finding out who decided to join which branch was also interesting. I hope they all don't die n
Nərmin
That cliffhanger!
I am with Mikasa about Levi: he behaves so mighty and all and even knocked out poor Eren's tooth.
I am glad we learned some things about Titans as well. They are definitely humans, I'm telling you!
Reddish
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gracias a este volumen he podido entender del todo como funcionan las pistolas de humo de colores. ¡Cada tomo que me leo me gusta más que el anterior!
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
Things are starting to be much more stable story-wise. We get more insights on the characters and their motives behind their desire to join the "police" force. The new researcher character was a bit extravagant, but it was interesting to get more information on titans.

The artwork is still pretty bad. I don't like any of the designs and I can't even find any good thing about it. Doubt it's going to get better in that regards.

Yours truly,

Lashaan | Blogger and Book Reviewer
Official blog: https://bo
Connie
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
That went scarily quick. Honestly, I sped through this in about half an hour and I didn't even notice. I was so surprised when I realised I was already on volume 6.

1) The art is getting a lot better. The way it's detailed in the manga is very different from the anime. I feel the characters reflect what they've been through, and their emotions are reflected better, in black and white, while the anime goes for more of a coloured approach. The detail is scratchy and messy and it perfectly matches t
Tudor Vlad
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Time to vent some of my frustration with the art work. I still can't get Eren seriously, he always has this face that makes him look like he's been constipated for days and I just end up laughing every time something tense is happening. And then the characters... there's absolutely no diversity. They all look the same, they have the same face but they just slightly change the hairstyle. I mean, what in the hell, I'm at volume 8 and I STILL mix characters up because they're just too similar. Mayb ...more
ramezan
یه زمینهسازی تمیز و بیعیب و نقص. نشون داده که خوب میتونه از پتانسیلهای همچین زمینهسازیهایی استفاده کنه. ...more
Ahmet
Wish they didn't put Eren's father at the beginning of all volumes. It would be more better to forget him and then remember only when he is mentioned.
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here comes the female titan.
Cristina
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
shit has taken a turn

There is yet another abnormal titan that resembles Eren? While Erwin and his team are extremely capable, this female titan could become really dangerous to the whole team.
Eren also seems to be more aware of his own importance for humanity and it's purposes.
Furthermore, Mikasa and Armin are being such cuties.
IvannaManson
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Já vím, že by to bylo hodně těžký přeložit jinak, ale v japonských, ani v anglických mangách není uvedenej gender Hanji Zoe. Isayama sám chtěl, aby to tak zůstalo, ale v cz překladu je to prostě ženská a to pro mě pak postava Hanji ztrácí nějaký to kouzlo.
No jo, moje děleno, že to nečtu v angličtině.
Becky
This is just not holding my interest. It's a cool idea, but bad art, flat characters, and poor execution are too much for me.
Ximena
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
👌🏼
Alisha
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wie ich heute schlafen werde? Ich weiß es nicht.
Viedefun
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Le bataillon d'exploration est constitué.....Grosse frayeur à la fin de ce volume !!!
Hari89
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me está sorprendiendo para bien esta serie. Me echaba para atrás su dibujo, pero definitivamente el autor sabe compensarlo con una historia que (al menos de momento) está bien construida, es original y cruenta (aunque esto último es lo que más me choca, sabe dar las dosis justas). Todo el misterio que rodea a los titanes puede dar para una buena historia de fantasía/terror, seguiré leyendo...a ver que tal!
C. Varn
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hajime Isayama's art, both in terms of textures and in terms of figure consistency, seems to be improving in a way that becomes clear in this volume. That said, the character design remains far, far too similar in most cases. There is more differentiation between the Titans than there is the humans. There is also less overuse of flashbacks and the development of fascinating characters like Levi and Hanji as well as complications on what the Titans actually may be. Good stuff.
kate
Jul 10, 2014
Rob
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Story
This is kind of a transition book. Things are being set up for the next arc of the story. This book does include one side story that isn't covered in the anime about a found journal of a survey corps member and her encounters with an abnormal.

Overall not a lot happens in this one apart from probably the court scene which is really just more moving pieces around. Looking forward to the next book though.

Artwork
The artwork seems to keep improving with each volume. However the main
Rena
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, series
I have read through this so fast that I really don't remember where each volume cuts off. I can tell you that there is a large amount of blood and death, but the overall plot is pretty cool. I actually really enjoy this series. Also, Levi is spectacular. I really thought he was going to be mean and arrogant, but he is actually very respectable and a little unorthodox.
Solace Winter
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While the anime does a better job at action, this does a better job at explaining the plot. Some things here were missed in the anime, which is understandable. I'm not saying either is inherently better, but you can benefit from both. This is perfect.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yet another tense filled volume. But at least we get a little breather now and then. And it seems the next volume will have another arc. Art seems to be getting better as well. I like the attention to detail it has going.
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
  • Claymore, Vol. 5: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • マギ 6 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #6)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 12 [Tokyo Guru 12] (Tokyo Ghoul, #12)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 12 (Deadman Wonderland, #12)
  • 黒子のバスケ 8 [Kuroko no Basuke 8] (Kuroko's Basketball, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 17 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #17)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 16 (Black Butler, #16)
  • Kraken
Japanese name: 諫山創

Hajime Isayama (諫山 創 Isayama Hajime, born 1986) is a Japanese manga artist from Ōyama, Ōita. His first and currently ongoing serial, Attack on Titan, has sold over 22 million copies as of July 2013. He has mentioned Tsutomu Nihei, Ryōji Minagawa, Kentaro Miura, Hideki Arai and Tōru Mitsumine as artists he respects, but stated that the manga that had the biggest influence on him

Attack on Titan (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Attack on Titan, #1)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 (Attack on Titan, #3)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 4 (Attack on Titan, #4)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 6 (Attack on Titan, #6)
  • 進撃の巨人 7 [Shingeki no Kyojin 7] (Attack on Titan, #7)
  • 進撃の巨人 8 [Shingeki no Kyojin 8] (Attack on Titan, #8)
  • 進撃の巨人 9 [Shingeki no Kyojin 9] (Attack on Titan, #9)
  • 進撃の巨人 10 [Shingeki no Kyojin 10] (Attack on Titan, #10)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 11 (Attack on Titan, #11)